Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-18-2022, 12:40 PM   #241
wdmso

Trump Organization: Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty to tax crimes

these are the people the IRS will be going after unless you listen to republicans
Old 08-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #242
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? Read my post. I said it was a win for the left it was legit, and a stupid move "IF it was politically motivated".

Can you not grasp what I'm saying there? Is that going too fast for you?

If any Republican said "one plus one equals two", I think some of you would reflexively say he was wrong.

Put down the Kool Aid, take a few breaths, and THINK.

do you ever read your own posts its like you wear flip flops when you type you make one statement then cancel it in your next

I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging.. then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

the left or the DOJ hasn't had to dig once!

trumps dug his own Holes and the democrats are looking in all of them ...

it's only the cult and closet supporters who think. he's the victim
Old 08-18-2022, 02:05 PM   #243
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
do you ever read your own posts its like you wear flip flops when you type you make one statement then cancel it in your next

I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging.. then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

the left or the DOJ hasn't had to dig once!

trumps dug his own Holes and the democrats are looking in all of them ...

it's only the cult and closet supporters who think. he's the victim
i’ve said the same thing twice. if there was just cause for the raid, good for the left. if it was a politically motivated hit job, bad for the left.

do you even disagree with what i just said?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #244
Jim in CT

Quote:
then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

m
Right wing talking points?

Obamas IRS targeted conservative groups until they got caught

The FBI knowingly deceived the FISA court to get surveillance on Carter Paige. Who, it turns out, didn't do anything wrong. But they didn't tell the court that the Steele dossier was debunked, nor that it was political opposition research. The texts between FBI agents (Strzok and what's her name) showed a clear personal hatred of Trump.

And now Bidens own FBI director, says he deeply concerned with the way the FBI handled the Hunter Biden laptop events.

That doesn't mean that they didn't have every reason in the world to raid Trumps home. But the DOJ has a recent history of allowing itself to be used as a political weapon against the out of power party.

You think it's flip flopping when I say two things can be true at the same time. It's possible that the DOJ has made politically motivated mistakes, and at the same time, it's possible Trump deserved this.

Why do you assume that's flip flopping? Why can't they both be true at the same time? Please explain...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-18-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 02:28 PM   #245
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
And now Bidens own FBI director, says he deeply concerned with the way the FBI handled the Hunter Biden laptop events.
That is not what Wray said.
From a politico article, which has a bunch of quotes. Wray was concerned about a particular agents social media tweets NOT the FBI investigation.

Wray seemed to raise doubts that Thibault was working at any recent time on issues related to Hunter Biden. The FBI chief said that investigation, reportedly focused on tax issues and potential foreign influence related to Hunter Biden’s business ties, is being run by the Bureau’s Baltimore Field Office, which handles matters related to Delaware.

The Biden administration has permitted Trump’s appointee as U.S. attorney for Delaware, David Weiss, to stay on to complete the probe of the president’s son.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-18-2022, 02:35 PM   #246
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
That is not what Wray said.
From a politico article, which has a bunch of quotes. Wray was concerned about a particular agents social media tweets NOT the FBI investigation.

Wray seemed to raise doubts that Thibault was working at any recent time on issues related to Hunter Biden. The FBI chief said that investigation, reportedly focused on tax issues and potential foreign influence related to Hunter Biden’s business ties, is being run by the Bureau’s Baltimore Field Office, which handles matters related to Delaware.

The Biden administration has permitted Trump’s appointee as U.S. attorney for Delaware, David Weiss, to stay on to complete the probe of the president’s son.
WHen did Wray say Thibault had no connection whatsoever to Hunter Biden? He was the assistant special agent in charge of the DC office until recently, now he's on leave. Shocker.

Bryan, what does it say to you, that all of big tech and the lefty media buried this story until the election (saying that anyone who discussed it was spreading Russian disinformation), and then after the election, they all said "oh by the way, it was legit". Is that all a random coincidence? Or was it obviously an attempt to help Biden win?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:48 PM   #247
wdmso

Quote:
WHen did Wray say Thibault had no connection whatsoever to Hunter Biden? He was the assistant special agent in charge of the DC office until recently, now he's on leave. Shocker.

Bryan, what does it say to you, that all of big tech and the lefty media buried this story until the election (saying that anyone who discussed it was spreading Russian disinformation), and then after the election, they all said "oh by the way, it was legit". Is that all a random coincidence? Or was it obviously an attempt to help Biden win?
Flip flop
Old 08-18-2022, 03:04 PM   #248
Jim in CT

Quote:
Flip flop
I don't think you know what flip flop means.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:35 PM   #249
wdmso

seems Trump is more interested in looking like he wants the affidavit released — or more aptly, in making the Justice Department, which regularly opposes releasing documents in ongoing investigations, look like it’s hiding something.

Yet. Trump: Release the full affidavit! Trump’s lawyers in court: Meh.

Classic Trump
Old 08-18-2022, 05:41 PM   #250
wdmso

Quote:
I don't think you know what flip flop means.
You flip flop from one topic to the next or just insert a topic that’s no one is even talking about would hop scotch be a better comparison

Ps Carter Page was the only one of four initial suspects in the Russia investigation who was never charged or convicted.

Wow that’s how the system supposed to work
Old 08-18-2022, 07:31 PM   #251
scottw

Quote:

You flip flop from one topic to the next or just insert a topic that’s no one is even talking about would hop scotch be a better comparison

I think you mean PETE
Old 08-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #252
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think you mean PETE
Ah, the troll speaks.

I’m ready for the ‘Trump Crime Family’ season finale.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-19-2022, 06:45 AM   #253
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would anyone be surprised that after Trump screaming for transparency, Trump‘s lawyers were silent in court. DOJ wants to keep it sealed for its own investigation, but the information —however redacted—would be damning for Trump. It will chronicle criminal activity and intransigence.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:51 AM   #254
Jim in CT

Quote:

Ps Carter Page was the only one of four initial suspects in the Russia investigation who was never charged or convicted.

Wow that’s how the system supposed to work
oh so you’re calling me out for switching topics. When was the last time anyone started a thread that you guys didn’t all immediately pivot
to trump?

flip flopping is when a person changes his position on the same topic.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:05 AM   #255
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Just raided mar-largo.

Isn’t this thread about the FBI and Trump?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #256
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
The investigation is/was being conducted out of the Baltimore field office by a rump appointee....

Quote:
Did they want Trump to win when the announced the Hillary investigation <2 weeks before the election?

Or, maybe there should have been/should be a heavy dose of skepticism with a blind laptop repair guy across the country, who just happened to have a laptop? Why did Barr work to keep the investigation into Hunter quiet? Did he want Trump to lose?

Even recently, I had read a Wash Post article where they could verify some of the emails are real, but a vast majority of the data had been so mishandled by the folks that now have the laptop, that the authenticity of some of it/much of it cant be verified.

All of that comes back to the fact that Hunter is clearly a scumbag. Full stop. He has a drug problem and is likely pretty amoral. He traded on his dads name to make a lot of money. So did/do the Trump kids. Does it suck, yes. On both sides.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-19-2022, 08:28 AM   #257
Jim in CT

Quote:
The investigation is/was being conducted out of the Baltimore field office by a rump appointee....

Did they want Trump to win when the announced the Hillary investigation <2 weeks before the election?

Or, maybe there should have been/should be a heavy dose of skepticism with a blind laptop repair guy across the country, who just happened to have a laptop? Why did Barr work to keep the investigation into Hunter quiet? Did he want Trump to lose?

Even recently, I had read a Wash Post article where they could verify some of the emails are real, but a vast majority of the data had been so mishandled by the folks that now have the laptop, that the authenticity of some of it/much of it cant be verified.

All of that comes back to the fact that Hunter is clearly a scumbag. Full stop. He has a drug problem and is likely pretty amoral. He traded on his dads name to make a lot of money. So did/do the Trump kids. Does it suck, yes. On both sides.
i’ve said trump is morally bankrupt. I believe the bidens are as well, all
kinds of evidence that’s the case.

yes it sucks on both sides. However, The DOJ and the media and big tech aren’t treating both sides the same.

you have a totally valid point about the hilary investigation two weeks before the election, that didn’t help her. but she had that coming.

trump is corrupt, and is being investigated by everybody. fine

the bidens have it coming, and are getting a free pass. Joe, who once said we need to believe al women ( when kavanaughs head was in the block) has a rape allegation against him. And there’s all kinds of evidence of shady influence peddling. But we aren’t supposed to talk about it ( it’s russian disinformation!), and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:31 AM   #258
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it.
So... Why didn't Barr look into it??? OR, maybe they did and there is no 'there' there...

Bryan

Old 08-19-2022, 09:54 AM   #259
Jim in CT

Quote:
So... Why didn't Barr look into it??? OR, maybe they did and there is no 'there' there...
yes bryan, i’m sure the DOJ thoroughly and impartially investigated Hunter and Joe, concluded they did nothing wrong, and then nobody said anything about it. It didn’t get to the media. Or even more likely, maybe the DOJ told CNN and MSNBC that the Bidens were squeaky clean, but CNN and MSNBC chose not to mention it on the air because they didn’t want to appear to be showing favoritism to the Bidens.

I’m certain that’s exactly what happened.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #260
wdmso

Quote:
i’ve said trump is morally bankrupt. I believe the bidens are as well, all
kinds of evidence that’s the case.

yes it sucks on both sides. However, The DOJ and the media and big tech aren’t treating both sides the same.

you have a totally valid point about the hilary investigation two weeks before the election, that didn’t help her. but she had that coming.

trump is corrupt, and is being investigated by everybody. fine

the bidens have it coming, and are getting a free pass. Joe, who once said we need to believe al women ( when kavanaughs head was in the block) has a rape allegation against him. And there’s all kinds of evidence of shady influence peddling. But we aren’t supposed to talk about it ( it’s russian disinformation!), and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it.

Yep you totally ignored Rockhound and the laptop. And are convinced the FBI and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it.

Because you see or hear the outcome you want..

Yep . there it is ! You agree but a quick Flop flop . to see had it coming so you’re ok with it anyway

Last edited by wdmso; 08-19-2022 at 03:24 PM..
Old 08-19-2022, 03:43 PM   #261
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yep you totally ignored Rockhound and the laptop. And are convinced the FBI and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it.

Because you see or hear the outcome you want..

Yep . there it is ! You agree but a quick Flop flop . to see had it coming so you’re ok with it anyway
"you totally ignored Rockhound and the laptop."

What did I ignore? Please be specific?

"are convinced the FBI and for sure the DOJ isn’t looking at it."

If the FBI was looking into it, Wray might have said something when he was just questioned about it. Why would they look into something that's all "Russian disinformation", anyway?

"you see or hear the outcome you want"

Right, which is why I was sure Trump would lose in 2016, why I think the GOP is doing a godawful job of campaigning right now.

We can't all be as honest and impartial as you are.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:46 PM   #262
Jim in CT

Quote:

If the FBI was looking into it, Wray might have said something when he was just questioned about it. Why would they look into something that's all "Russian disinformation", anyway?

Right, which is why I was sure Trump would lose in 2016, why I think the GOP is doing a godawful job of campaigning right now.

That's something, coming from a guy who denies that the Minneapolis teacher contract has anything to do with race, because the word "race" isn't in the language. Give me a break, you have less than zero credibility.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:00 PM   #263
wdmso

Quote:
That's something, coming from a guy who denies that the Minneapolis teacher contract has anything to do with race, because the word "race" isn't in the language. Give me a break, you have less than zero credibility.
1st
I wasn’t the butt hurt person who started the thread. About a contract the teachers themselves approved

2nd race isn’t mentioned . It covers all marginalized groups.. I listed some of those groups earlier like veterans

3rd you avoid his laptop comments like the plague .. I think I also mentioned a little thing called chain of custody the blind guy and a bunch of other reasons why any prosecutors worth their salt would see that laptop as Kryptonite
Old 08-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #264
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Veterans are not a marginalized group
Old 08-19-2022, 07:46 PM   #265
Jim in CT

Quote:
1st
I wasn’t the butt hurt person who started the thread. About a contract the teachers themselves approved

2nd race isn’t mentioned . It covers all marginalized groups.. I listed some of those groups earlier like veterans

3rd you avoid his laptop comments like the plague .. I think I also mentioned a little thing called chain of custody the blind guy and a bunch of other reasons why any prosecutors worth their salt would see that laptop as Kryptonite
you criticized me for flip flopping topics. but its ok when you do it because of course everything is ok when the left does it.

i asked you, specifically what i ignored. your answer is gibberish

you’re the only idiot here who claims that contract isn’t about race. As TDF said, the progressives are bragging that it will
he used to fire whites first.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:16 AM   #266
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

This is especially important since Hunter worked in the White House for four years even though he was rejected for a security clearance and then later got a $2 billion investment from the Saudis ... oh wait

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 01:52 AM   #267
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
This is especially important since Hunter worked in the White House for four years even though he was rejected for a security clearance and then later got a $2 billion investment from the Saudis ... oh wait
Flip flop often confuses kids.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:45 AM   #268
scottw

Quote:

If the FBI was looking into it,

if the FBI was looking into it...they'd be leaking info to the Washington Post and NY Times
Old 08-20-2022, 06:50 AM   #269
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if the FBI was looking into it...they'd be leaking info to the Washington Post and NY Times
Like they leaked the fact they were going to raid mar-A-lago. Oh wait.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:55 AM   #270
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s time for: a caravan, but Hillary, but Hunter or the FBI since Federal appeals court ruled that the DOJ must make public an internal legal memo commissioned by then-Attorney General William Barr in 2019 to analyze whether he should charge then-President Donald Trump with obstruction related to the Russia investigation.