Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-20-2022, 07:05 AM   #271
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Like they leaked the fact they were going to raid mar-A-lago. Oh wait.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
c'mon, you know they didn't want to alert trump that they were coming to confiscate melania's panties, they hate trump....but they'd definitely give hunter and the big guy the head's up so they could hide the crack, guns and hookers
Old 08-20-2022, 07:06 AM   #272
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s time for: a caravan, but Hillary, but Hunter or the FBI since Federal appeals court ruled that the DOJ must make public an internal legal memo commissioned by then-Attorney General William Barr in 2019 to analyze whether he should charge then-President Donald Trump with obstruction related to the Russia investigation.
how do you obstruct a hoax?
Old 08-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #273
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Veterans are not a marginalized group
You may believe that. But seems others do not. And no I didn’t make it up

Like many other marginalized groups, veterans have certain rules that arise from military culture for how they share private information about their experiences,” says Douglas Wilbur, a retired major

FYI

marginalized populations include, but are not limited to, groups excluded due to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, language, and/or immigration status.

Note not limited to.. so it’s possible to have a gay male white veteran in a wheelchair. Keep his Job before the black teachers everyone’s afraid is taking a white person job . As the contract is written.. it refers to

under-represented is the actual term in the contract.

It’s meaning isn’t as detailed as marginalized but it’s in the ballpark

It is easy to see this as an attack on white teachers if that’s what you want it to be
Old 08-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #274
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Should they layoff black teachers in a predominantly white community, to make sure the makeup of the faculty is representative of the student body. How do you think that would play out in the news.

I’m not reacting to this as an attack on white teachers, I’m saying we shouldn’t be making decisions based upon racial criteria. Or sexual preference criteria for that matter. It’s a terrible precedent to set.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:02 AM   #275
Pete F.
Canceled

1: The FBI planted evidence, but also there was a “standing order” declassifying everything.

2: Biden personally approved the search, but also he *should’ve* personally approved it.

3: It was an unconstitutional “general” warrant but also the FBI deviated from its narrow scope.

4. “Your Honor: the FBI planted evidence at my hotel-residence during a search you authorized. (Just trust me on that). I’d like a Special Master appointed as they planted privileged communications between me and my #^&#^&#^&#^&ty lawyers who didn’t think to make this motion for two weeks.”
Old 08-20-2022, 11:11 AM   #276
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Should they layoff black teachers in a predominantly white community, to make sure the makeup of the faculty is representative of the student body. How do you think that would play out in the news.

You think that situation exists in this country?

What would be your reaction if most of your children’s teachers were not white?

The opposite of your example exists in almost every community of color.

White Americans are afraid of diversity and truth because they feel threatened by both.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 11:50 AM   #277
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You think that situation exists in this country?

What would be your reaction if most of your children’s teachers were not white?

Don’t really care if it does or doesn’t exist, it is a terrible precedent to set.

Don’t really care what color my kids teachers were either, as long as they’re doing a good job at teaching, I’m cool.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #278
scottw

Quote:

Don’t really care what color my kids teachers were either, as long as they’re doing a good job at teaching, I’m cool.

same here....
Old 08-20-2022, 11:56 AM   #279
scottw

Quote:

White Americans are afraid of diversity and truth because they feel threatened by both.

this is ignorant....
Old 08-20-2022, 11:58 AM   #280
Jim in CT

Quote:

I’m not reacting to this as an attack on white teachers, I’m saying we shouldn’t be making decisions based upon racial criteria. Or sexual preference criteria for that matter. It’s a terrible precedent to set.
if you disagree with this ^, you’re an extremist.

we don’t choose our skin color, therefore it says absolutely nothing about us. so why would
we reward/punish people
based on it?

it’s as logical as hiring teachers based on height. It’s exactly that stupid.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:00 PM   #281
Jim in CT

Quote:

thinking something is stupid, and being afraid of it, arent the same thing

yes, we need you to remind us of what he truth is pete.

meanwhile wdmso says it has nothing to do with race. is that truthful?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-20-2022 at 12:38 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 12:05 PM   #282
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s always easy to be cool about something that’s not possible today.

The founding fathers would be like what do you mean there are catholics on the Supreme Court.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #283
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
hi king something is stupid, and being afraid of not, arent the same thing

yes, we need you to remind us of what he truth is pete.

meanwhile wdmso says it has nothing to do with race. is that truthful?
Gibberish from an imbecile

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 03:02 PM   #284
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to the FBI and the recovered stolen documents.

Here's the big question: who told Donald Trump what to steal, because you know the illiterate #^&#^&#^&#^& would have had no clue on his own and then, what was he going to do with them?
It’s always the money…..
Old 08-20-2022, 06:05 PM   #285
scottw

Quote:
Back to the FBI and the recovered stolen documents.

Here's the big question: who told Donald Trump what to steal, because you know the illiterate #^&#^&#^&#^& would have had no clue on his own and then, what was he going to do with them?
It’s always the money…..
how did he steal them?...did he sneak them out of the national archives or wherever nuclear secrets are held in his pants like Sandy Berger?....don't all of these sensitive documents have chain of custody and controls....nobody was missing them for 18 months?
Old 08-21-2022, 07:24 AM   #286
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
how did he steal them?...did he sneak them out of the national archives or wherever nuclear secrets are held in his pants like Sandy Berger?....don't all of these sensitive documents have chain of custody and controls....nobody was missing them for 18 months?
Here's a timeline of the key moments from the investigation.

At the end of the Trump admin, WH counsel’s office identified roughly 2 dozen boxes containing material that had been taken to the residence over many months, that needed to be sent to the National Archives. Months later, NARA was still trying to get them.

May 2021

An official from NARA contacts Trump's team after realizing that several important documents weren't handed over before Trump left the White House. In hopes of locating the missing items, NARA lawyer Gary Stern reaches out to someone who served in the White House counsel's office under Trump, who was the point of contact for record-keeping matters. The missing documents include some of Trump's correspondence with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as well as the map of Hurricane Dorian that Trump infamously altered with a sharpie pen.

Fall 2021

NARA grows frustrated with the slow pace of document turnover after several months of conversations with the Trump team. Stern reaches out to another Trump attorney to intervene. The archivist asks about several boxes of records that were apparently taken to Mar-a-Lago during Trump's relocation to Florida. NARA still doesn't receive the White House documents they are searching for.

January 2022

After months of discussions with Trump's team, NARA retrieves 15 boxes of Trump White House records from Mar-a-Lago. NARA says in a statement that some of the records it received at the end of Trump's administration were "torn up by former President Trump," and that White House officials had to tape them back together. Not all the torn-up documents were reconstructed, NARA says. The boxes contained some materials that were part of "special access programs," known as SAP, which is a classification that includes protocols to significantly limit who would have access to the information.

Feb. 9, 2022

News outlets report that NARA asked the Justice Department to investigate Trump's handling of White House records and whether he violated the Presidential Records Act and other laws related to classified information. The Presidential Records Act requires all records created by a sitting president to be turned over to the National Archives at the end of their administration.

Feb. 18, 2022

NARA informs the Justice Department that some of the documents retrieved from Mar-a-Lago included classified material. NARA also tells the department that, despite being warned it was illegal, Trump tore up documents while he was president, and that senior officials in the Trump administration did not properly preserve their social media messages, draft tweets and deleted tweets.

April and May 2022

On April 7, NARA publicly acknowledges for the first time that the Justice Department is involved, and news outlets report that prosecutors have launched a criminal probe into Trump's mishandling of classified documents. Around this time, FBI agents quietly interview Trump aides at Mar-a-Lago about the handling of presidential records as part of their widening investigation.

May 12, 2022

News outlets report that investigators subpoenaed NARA for access to the classified documents retrieved from Mar-a-Lago. The subpoena, which is part of the process to allow investigators to take possession of the documents from the NARA, is the first public indication of the Justice Department using a grand jury in its investigation.

June 3, 2022

Four investigators, including a top Justice Department counterintelligence official, visit Mar-a-Lago seeking more information about classified material that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators meet with Trump's attorneys and look around the basement room where the documents are being stored. Trump briefly stops by the meeting to say hello to the officials, but he does not answer any questions. During the meeting, the federal officials serve a grand jury subpoena for some of the sensitive national security documents on the premises, and they take away the subpoenaed documents.

June 8, 2022

Trump's attorneys receive a letter from federal investigators, asking them to further secure the room where documents are being stored. In response, Trump aides add a padlock to the room in the basement of Mar-a-Lago.

Aug. 8, 2022

The FBI executes a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago — a major escalation of the classified documents investigation. The search focused on the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters are located. Federal agents remove boxes of material from the property. The search was the first time in American history that a former president's home was searched as part of a criminal investigation.

Aug. 11, 2022

After three days of silence, Attorney General Merrick Garland makes a brief public statement about the investigation. He reveals that he personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant, and pushes back against what he called "unfounded attacks on the professionalism of the FBI and Justice Department." Garland also announces that the Justice Department will ask a judge to unseal some of the search warrant documents, for the sake of transparency. Trump says in a late-night post on his Truth Social platform that he will "not oppose the release of documents" related to the search.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-21-2022 at 07:58 AM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 08:54 AM   #287
scottw

So when and how did he steal the nuclear secrets he was trying to sell?
Old 08-21-2022, 09:38 AM   #288
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So when and how did he steal the nuclear secrets he was trying to sell?
WH Counsel had told COS Meadows that material in boxes in the residence needed to be sent to the archives--but Trump insisted at least some of it, including documents marked highly classified, be shipped to Florida.

Trump knew he was breaking the law.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #289
Pete F.
Canceled

If you think during 19 months, Trump only stored classified documents and didn’t share them with anyone else, I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:26 AM   #290
scottw

Quote:
If you think during 19 months, Trump only stored classified documents and didn’t share them with anyone else, I have a bridge and pee tapes and rape trains to sell you.
fixed it
Old 08-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #291
Jim in CT

Quote:
fixed it
the left used russian sources to fabricate lies about trump, then they had the chutzpah to accuse him of all things, of Russian collusion. that’s not projecting.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #292
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile in Russia: Putin's mouthpieces on state TV are taunting America about "Top Secret" documents sought during the raid of Trump's estate, which they claim had to do with the newest nuclear weapons developed by the US and gleefully imply that Moscow already got to see them.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #293
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the left used russian sources to fabricate lies about trump, then they had the chutzpah to accuse him of all things, of Russian collusion. that’s not projecting.
So 199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, & 5 prison sentences.

And pardons for Trump coconspirators: Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone & more.

Saying the Trump Russia investigation was a hoax or discredit it as a witch hunt is ridiculous on its face.

None of the Russian investigation was a hoax, there was good reason for the FBI to be suspicious and there was good reason to open an investigation.
Treating it as riddled with bias depends on elevating nonessential questions as essential and isolated problems as systemic.

Russia spent $200M in Facebook ads in 2016 to help Trump win. That’s not a hoax. It’s a fact.

37 Indictments. Clearly demonstrated collusion between Trump campaign & Russia state actors. Obstruction of justice.

Trump's campaign chairman Paul Manafort -- who had spent a decade advising Yanukovych in Ukraine -- collaborated in 2016 with a Russian spy on a secret plan for Trump to help Russia control eastern Ukraine.

Manafort has admitted he shared internal polling data with Russian Agents.

We will find more because, the DOJ improperly redacted a memo to AG Barr that related to whether former President Trump obstructed the special counsel probe into his campaign's dealings with Russia during the 2016 presidential election, a unanimous DC Circ. panel just ruled.
In short: Barr lied about the Mueller investigation, and then he lied about his lies (according to the federal district court and now to the court of appeals).

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #294
scottw

Quote:
Meanwhile in Russia: Putin's mouthpieces on state TV are taunting America about "Top Secret" documents sought during the raid of Trump's estate, which they claim had to do with the newest nuclear weapons developed by the US and gleefully imply that Moscow already got to see them.
Putin's misinformation mouthpieces are probably telling the truth....
Old 08-21-2022, 02:41 PM   #295
Pete F.
Canceled

The party of 'law and order' wants to defund the FBI & abolish the IRS. It's almost like they were never really about a lawful society but protecting mediocre white collar criminality.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:53 PM   #296
Pete F.
Canceled

This is who today's GOP are. This is NOT democracy, this is fascism.

"GOP Candidate Says FBI Agents Would Be Put In 'Body Bag' If His Home Were Searched"

Sarasota businessman Martin Hyde defended his remarks.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:46 PM   #297
wdmso

GOP candidate says nation's top cop should be executed (then says he's kidding)
Carl Paladino reportedly said Attorney General Merrick Garland should probably be executed.

Not sure why Trumps supporters don’t see a trend

Of course because he said

(says he's kidding). That will be his defense Just like Trumps defenders who say ( he said go peacefully) and only hear that

Last edited by wdmso; 08-21-2022 at 04:52 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 10:11 AM   #298
wdmso

And the story changes Again about the raid I have lost track is this the 5th version ?

The FBI's raid at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate took place because there were "documents in there that need to be made public, that were never released to the public," concerning the investigation into the Russia allegations that were made about him, former Department of Defense chief of staff Kash Patel
Old 08-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #299
wdmso

Another GOP excuse

Representative Mike Turner, an Ohio Republican, said Sunday that former President Donald Trump allegedly kept classified White House documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence to write his memoirs.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #300
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s really simple

1. It's a crime to have these documents.
2. He had the documents
3. THERE IS NO 3, NO NEED TO OVERCOMPLICATE THIS. READ 1 AND 2 AGAIN

Trump is representing HIMSELF, with no lawyer at all, in his case against the United States regarding the search of Mar-a-Lago and recovery of government records.

The legal term is “pro se” - for himself.

He could not find anyone to represent him.