Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-17-2022, 06:24 AM   #1171
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's a special kind of insanity where you constantly tell others what you think they clearly think and then respond to what you think they clearly think which is almost always wrong....
It's his Super Power.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-17-2022, 07:38 AM   #1172
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile Special counsel John Durham vindicates FBI and DOJ's investigation into Trump's Russia connections.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-17-2022, 08:09 AM   #1173
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wait what? I thought Jim has told us that it was a hoax.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:06 AM   #1174
wdmso

Quote:
no he wasn't...are you drunk?
Maybe you need to read more post then trying to correct spelling errors.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #1175
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Maybe you need to read more post then trying to correct spelling errors.
he continually tempered expectations and expressed doubts about the polls and the possibility of GOP success.....you really struggle with reading... and spelling...
Old 11-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #1176
wdmso

Quote:
it's a special kind of insanity where you constantly tell others what you think they clearly think and then respond to what you think they clearly think which is almost always wrong....
This is funny coming from the man who says nothing. Then gets butt hurt when I fill in the blanks . While still not telling us what he’s thinks
With responses that are position -neutral. ?
Old 11-17-2022, 09:19 AM   #1177
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso and GS, here is Zuckerberg saying they censored the hunter biden laptop story, and that the censored it because of the FBI.

are you saying zuckerberg is lying?

But Trump!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532.amp
Facebook and Twitter restricted sharing of the article, before reversing course amid allegations of censorship.

Jim everyone knew and heard the stories. Many and most still choose to call is BS . Because Rudy is such a scumbag and others
Old 11-17-2022, 09:36 AM   #1178
scottw

Quote:

This is funny coming from the man who says nothing.

never...obviously, which explains all of your responses
Old 11-17-2022, 09:40 AM   #1179
scottw

Quote:

when I fill in the blanks .

I appreciate that you feel the need to tell me what you think I think...otherwise, how would I ever know what I think?
Old 11-18-2022, 07:57 AM   #1180
wdmso

Quote:
I appreciate that you feel the need to tell me what you think I think...otherwise, how would I ever know what I think?
Nobody knows what you think .
Old 11-18-2022, 07:59 AM   #1181
wdmso

One day after retaking a majority in the US House of Representatives, Republicans have said they will investigate the president's family as a "top priority".

Yep so much for gas prices inflation crime and the border

I guess they didn’t pay attention to midterm voters.

Just more rabid base politics
Old 11-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #1182
Pete F.
Canceled

The11 Republicans who held the presser are more worried about payments Hunter Biden got 6 years ago than they are that the former President and now leading GOP POTUS candidate has entered into $3.6B+ of business deals with Saudi Arabia.

It’s pretty obvious that Republicans aren't even in power yet and they've already admitted to what we've been saying this entire time: they have NO PLAN to govern. They can't even fake it.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #1183
Jim in CT

Quote:
One day after retaking a majority in the US House of Representatives, Republicans have said they will investigate the president's family as a "top priority".

Yep so much for gas prices inflation crime and the border

I guess they didn’t pay attention to midterm voters.

Just more rabid base politics
Wayne, what can the republican house propose on those important issues, that the senate and Biden would sign?

You said yourself the Hunter investigation will be "a" top priority, not "the only" top priority. When the democrats took the house in 2018, they spent a lot of time investigating Trump. Was that a waste? If not, then as always, I'm sorry but what's good for the goose...

The republicans said very clearly in the 2022 campaign that if they took the house, they'd investigate Hunter. Well, the American people feely chose to give house control to the GOP, so the American people, in this instance, will get what they asked for. That's democracy. Just like it was democracy in action when Obama signed Obamacare. I hated it, but it was a perfect example of how democracy works.

Liberals think the definition of democracy, is "I always get my way".

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. If the GOP house does nothing whatsoever to try and address the issues they ran on, they deserve to be thrown out in 2 years. But they owe it to republican voters to investigate the Bidens as thoroughly as the democrats investigated Trump during the Russia hoax (I think much of the January 6th investigation was legit, and I think the Russia collusion investigation was a political witch hunt), and if there's anything there at all, they should impeach Biden.

What's god for the goose...
Old 11-18-2022, 12:27 PM   #1184
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile the guy doing work is getting results.
New stats indicate the cost to ship 40-foot container from Shanghai to Los Angeles has fallen by 83% because of President Biden’s Ocean Shipping Reform Act.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:29 PM   #1185
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Meanwhile the guy doing work is getting results.
New stats indicate the cost to ship 40-foot container from Shanghai to Los Angeles has fallen by 83% because of President Biden’s Ocean Shipping Reform Act.
oh good we can get cheap junk from china even cheaper
Old 11-18-2022, 12:33 PM   #1186
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh good we can get cheap junk from china even cheaper
Just what American made phone do you have in your hand?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #1187
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wayne, what can the republican house propose on those important issues, that the senate and Biden would sign?

You said yourself the Hunter investigation will be "a" top priority, not "the only" top priority. When the democrats took the house in 2018, they spent a lot of time investigating Trump. Was that a waste? If not, then as always, I'm sorry but what's good for the goose...

The republicans said very clearly in the 2022 campaign that if they took the house, they'd investigate Hunter. Well, the American people feely chose to give house control to the GOP, so the American people, in this instance, will get what they asked for. That's democracy. Just like it was democracy in action when Obama signed Obamacare. I hated it, but it was a perfect example of how democracy works.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. If the GOP house does nothing whatsoever to try and address the issues they ran on, they deserve to be thrown out in 2 years. But they owe it to republican voters to investigate the Bidens as thoroughly as the democrats investigated Trump during the Russia hoax (I think much of the January 6th investigation was legit, and I think the Russia collusion investigation was a political witch hunt), and if there's anything there at all, they should impeach Biden.

What's god for the goose...
The 1st thing Democrats did after the midterms was to protect marriage equality for Americans

The 1st thing Republicans did after the midterms was to investigate Hunter Biden and Speaker Pelosi for God knows what

Don’t tell me the 2 parties are the same

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2022, 07:58 AM   #1188
wdmso

With a nod to '1984,' a federal judge blocks Florida's anti-'woke' law in colleges

'It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen,' and the powers in charge of Florida's public university system have declared the State has unfettered authority to muzzle its professors in the name of 'freedom,'" the judge wrote. "This is positively dystopian."

Wow that’s comical. Jim blames democrats for doing what only republicans have attempted.

Steal elections , vote for election deniers on a massive scale. And of course say the elections those deniers lost were rigged ..

alternative Facts hard at work
Old 11-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #1189
Jim in CT

Quote:
With a nod to '1984,' a federal judge blocks Florida's anti-'woke' law in colleges

'It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen,' and the powers in charge of Florida's public university system have declared the State has unfettered authority to muzzle its professors in the name of 'freedom,'" the judge wrote. "This is positively dystopian."

Wow that’s comical. Jim blames democrats for doing what only republicans have attempted.

Steal elections , vote for election deniers on a massive scale. And of course say the elections those deniers lost were rigged ..

alternative Facts hard at work
you didn’t post anything when a judge struck down bidens student loan forgiveness / vote buy.

is it only bad when republicans have policies struck down?

is election denying bad? i’m confused, because the guy who’s going to replace Pelosi as democrat leader in the house, said as late as 2018 that the 2016 election was fake and illegitimate. he tweeted that from his official congress account. and he’s likely to be the top democrat in the house.

I’d love it if you’d explain why that’s ok. Why is it ok that people
voted for him?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-19-2022 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #1190
wdmso

Quote:
you didn’t post anything when a judge struck down bidens student loan forgiveness / vote buy.

is it only bad when republicans have policies struck down?

is election denying bad? i’m confused, because the guy who’s going to replace Pelosi as democrat leader in the house, said as late as 2018 that the 2016 election was fake and illegitimate. he tweeted that from his official congress account. and he’s likely to be the top democrat in the house.

I’d love it if you’d explain why that’s ok. Why is it ok that people
voted for him?

Lol student loan forgiveness. Please
I leave the petty nonsense for you to weep about

Jim your so deep in the cult the elections deniers are all Republicans! Your twisted attempt s to re write history is astounding
But you keep at it….

Trump yesterday said 2020 was rigged. For the 10,000 time

And then another GOP star speaks

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) took the same stage to announce plans to force a vote on ending funds for Ukraine. “Is Ukraine now the 51st state?” asked Greene, who alleged an elaborate cryptocurrency conspiracy in which military aid for Ukraine actually funds Democrats’ campaigns.

Yep more conspiracy’s the clown cars got a full tank of hot air
Old 11-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #1191
Jim in CT

Quote:

Jim your so deep in the cult the elections deniers are all Republicans! Your twisted attempt s to re write history is astounding
But you keep at it….

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) took the same stage to announce plans to force a vote on ending funds for Ukraine. “Is Ukraine now the 51st state?” asked Greene, who alleged an elaborate cryptocurrency conspiracy in which military aid for Ukraine actually funds Democrats’ campaigns.

you criticized desantis because one of his proposals got overturned i. court. same thing happened to Biden. Instead if explaining your double standard you lob an insult. not surprising

“the election deniers are all republicans”

the house democrat who is likely to replace Pelosi as leader, said for years that the 2016 election. was illegitimate. he’s a democrat, and an election deniers

All the 2020 election deniers are republicans. But there are those who denied 2016, Stacey Abrams denied her 2018 election, etc . but you’re ok with that, you’re on with everything that every democrat has ever done.

I have zero problem with cutting off funding to ukraine. It’s a deeply corrupt totalitarian regime. And if ukraine has enough cash to invest in failing crypto currency schemes ( which they were supposedly doing ) , they don’t need any of my money.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:16 PM   #1192
Jim in CT

Quote:

But you keep at it….

“election deniers are all
republicans…”

house democrat Hakeem Jeffries is running unopposed
to take over for Pelosi as democrat house leader. In 2018, he said “the more we learn about 2016, the more illegitimate it becomes.”

Are you still saying all election deniers are republicans?

I just proved beyond all doubt, that democrats also deny elections. But you won’t admit it. You can’t. your a slave to your ideology.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ele...dem-leader.amp

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-19-2022 at 04:28 PM..
Old 11-19-2022, 07:30 PM   #1193
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I have zero problem with cutting off funding to ukraine. It’s a deeply corrupt totalitarian regime. And if ukraine has enough cash to invest in failing crypto currency schemes ( which they were supposedly doing ) , they don’t need any of my money.
Now you’re claiming Ukraine is corrupt and totalitarian.
You really have been mesmerized by Carlson.

Just how many Ukrainians dying would you find acceptable?
As many as the Holodomor?
That was between 3 and 5 million people.
Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians have been forcibly relocated to Russia.
At what point would you find it acceptable to stop Putin?
Would Poland, Finland or what make it acceptable to spend your money?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2022, 09:04 PM   #1194
Jim in CT

pete, here you go!!

Ukraine IS corrupt. Any country that can invest in something at stupid as crypto, doesn’t need my money.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukra...-idUSL8N2T01YG
Old 11-20-2022, 09:06 AM   #1195
wdmso

Quote:
pete, here you go!!

Ukraine IS corrupt. Any country that can invest in something at stupid as crypto, doesn’t need my money.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukra...-idUSL8N2T01YG
To bad Jim only reads the headline
His story dec dec 2021 then Russia invaded feb 2022

If you read more it’s very clear what was happening

Zelenskiy in February imposed sanctions on several opposition-supporting television and media companies here his government accuses of being financed by Moscow, saying move was necessary to counter "propaganda financed by the aggressor country". The media organisations and TV channels are prohibited from broadcasting and their assets blocked.

U.N. human rights office said on Wednesday, adding that pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine imposed similar curbs.

The same month Ukraine announced sanctions on pro-Russian lawmaker Viktor Medvedchuk here, an associate of the owner of several of the sanctioned television channels, for what officials said was suspected financing of terrorism

Russian diplomat Yaroslav Eremin said that his country shared concerns over attacks on those he said were openly criticising a new law on the state language, adding: “This trend contributes to maintaining an atmosphere of impunity and plays right into the hands of Ukrainian neo-Nazis”.

Big picture Jim. You should try looking at it. fyi a lot of countries and very smart people like your man crush Musk use some crypto and they all lost !

To bad Republicans don’t have the balls to deal with the deeply corrupt totalitarian Trumps and his Maga horde
Old 11-20-2022, 09:13 AM   #1196
wdmso

Quote:
“election deniers are all
republicans…”

house democrat Hakeem Jeffries is running unopposed
to take over for Pelosi as democrat house leader. In 2018, he said “the more we learn about 2016, the more illegitimate it becomes.”

Are you still saying all election deniers are republicans?

I just proved beyond all doubt, that democrats also deny elections. But you won’t admit it. You can’t. your a slave to your ideology.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ele...dem-leader.amp
Yep the Fox headline

Election denier Hakeem Jeffries could replace Pelosi as House Dem leader

Just like alternative facts Jim you and Republicans want to re define what an election deniers is and try walking From Trump and all his endorsed candidates …

Again get back to me when a sitting POTUS try’s to steal an American election. And while your at it! tells how you think he or his party Didn’t..
try to steal or over turn the election

Because just because they failed doesn’t Mean it’s a nothing burger

Last edited by wdmso; 11-20-2022 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #1197
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim is a Fox Faux News marionette, he is drunk on their coolaid (go Scott keep busy).
Old 11-20-2022, 10:03 AM   #1198
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim is a Fox Faux News marionette, he is drunk on their coolaid (go Scott keep busy).
Not sure if their paying attention

That this guy Jeffries been around for a long Time ..

And only now fox Trying to help deflect From Trump still insisting the 2020 election was stolen and the Chinese were involved in the 2022

As if by magic. Find personal tweets not attempts to change the election outcome . On the floor of the house or via some bs Bill

Of the possible next minority leader

And Fox isn’t even trying to appear bias
Old 11-20-2022, 10:43 AM   #1199
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wayne said all
election deniers are republicans.

I posted a Reuters article with exact quotes from a democrat congressman who is running unopposed to replace Pelosi, denying the 2016 election years later

Tel me exactly how i’m the one who’s wrong. I’m all ears.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:44 AM   #1200
Jim in CT

Quote:
To bad Jim only reads the headline
His story dec dec 2021 then Russia invaded feb 2022

If you read more it’s very clear what was happening

Zelenskiy in February imposed sanctions on several opposition-supporting television and media companies here his government accuses of being financed by Moscow, saying move was necessary to counter "propaganda financed by the aggressor country". The media organisations and TV channels are prohibited from broadcasting and their assets blocked.

U.N. human rights office said on Wednesday, adding that pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine imposed similar curbs.

The same month Ukraine announced sanctions on pro-Russian lawmaker Viktor Medvedchuk here, an associate of the owner of several of the sanctioned television channels, for what officials said was suspected financing of terrorism

Russian diplomat Yaroslav Eremin said that his country shared concerns over attacks on those he said were openly criticising a new law on the state language, adding: “This trend contributes to maintaining an atmosphere of impunity and plays right into the hands of Ukrainian neo-Nazis”.

Big picture Jim. You should try looking at it. fyi a lot of countries and very smart people like your man crush Musk use some crypto and they all lost !

To bad Republicans don’t have the balls to deal with the deeply corrupt totalitarian Trumps and his Maga horde
are you still saying all election deniers are republicans? let’s stick with that.