Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-18-2022, 08:58 AM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hey Paul -

Most of my adult life, I think most cops (at least here in CT) voted democrat because of union connections, promises of better compensation, etc. Since democrats decided to start demonizing police (in obvious contradiction to 100% of the data), it might be fair to say most cops are republican. I think police unions are endorsing more republicans than they used to, for sure. I can't imagine why any cop would ever vote for a national-level democrat, but I don't know how many do. Maybe bc conservatives don't seem to care if police lie or beat up people they arrest.

"So by you logic every time a person is wrongly convicted or the police lie is a moral failure of conservatives."

Not even close. The republican party isn't engaged with the police and telling them to brutalize innocent civilians.

However, the democrats and the media are obviously engaged in a symbiotic relationship to spin these stories with a pro-liberal bias, almost every single time.

Paul, look at the pattern...Michael Brown, Duke lacrosse, University of VA rape hoax, Nick Sandman, Kyle Rittenhouse, Jesse Smollett, Hunter's laptop being Russian disinformation...what's the pattern there? The pattern is, liberals and the media jump the gun, and get it spectacularly wrong, and they always do so in a way that helps liberals.And the pattern is police are conservative and lie and ignore evidence.

How many cases can you point to, where liberals and the national media got one wrong, and they made a mistake that helped conservatives?I can count the # on one hand bc you constantly point them out but constantly ignore the fact that most police are conservative.

If all of their mistakes (or 95% of their mistakes) have the same identical political bias, is that a coincidence? Or is it a pattern? If they were innocent mistakes, wouldn't they occasionally err on the side of conservatives? At some point, you can't seriously deny that there's a clear pattern there.

This isn't complicated.
Cops overhelmingly vote R. The Bridgeport and other police endorsed stefanowski in Ct. So did the state wide faternal order of police. So they all want Rs in office. That means all those times police lie, ignore evidence, etc. it is a moral failure of conservatives by your logic.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:13 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Cops overhelmingly vote R. The Bridgeport and other police endorsed stefanowski in Ct. So did the state wide faternal order of police. So they all want Rs in office. That means all those times police lie, ignore evidence, etc. it is a moral failure of conservatives by your logic.
"Maybe bc conservatives don't seem to care if police lie or beat up people they arrest."

Except you can't show me a single influential conservative who ever said cops shouldn't be punished when they actually break the law. Conservatives aren't saying cops are perfect. That would be stupid. But they aren't a bunch of racist assassins, and that's exactly how people like Al Sharpton portray them, and every democrat president in my lifetime has kissed AL Sharpton's ring. He's very influential.

I can show you as many liberals as you want, who said on TV that police aye systemically racist and out to get blacks.

It's the liberals who don't care that their anti cop rhetoric has to be at least partially responsible for the random ambush style attacks against cops that never happened 20 years ago.

So your statement is ridiculous. The republican platform doesn't include the notion that cops are allowed to break the law. What we believe (and where we differ with liberals), is that it's not necessarily racist every single time a white cops hurts or kills a black person. In fact, it's almost always justified. But admitting that, doesn't help democrats win elections, so they lie.

"And the pattern is police are conservative and lie and ignore evidence."

All police? Most police? Or a few bad apples?

"I can count the # on one hand bc you constantly point them out but constantly ignore the fact that most police are conservative."

How many can you count where the mistake was made in a way that helps conservatives? And unless you are a mutant, then no you can't count them on one hand. Those aren't every case Paul.

Why does it matter if "police are conservative"? Is the GOP telling cops to murder people? What's your point? I sit even true that mist police are conservative? Because 20 years ago, most were democrats. Your side decided to throw them under the bus. Should they keep voting for the same democrats who call them a bunch of racist assassins?

I'm not saying there are thousands of examples of the bias we're discussing. It doesn't happen often. But when it does happen, I can't think of a single case where democrats and the media made a mistake in a way that benefitted republicans. Can you name one?

Sure, Foxnews does it all the time, I'm talking about the rest of the media, in conjunction with democrats who go on TV and virtue signal their way to woke sainthood by blaming it all on conservatives.

How many cases can you name, where they got it wrong, and did so in a way that painted conservatives favorably?

With this Paul Pelosi case, they all said it was purely politically-motivated violence. And it may well be that. But we don't know. The body cam footage would tell us definitively, and the fact that it hasn't been released, makes me think it's very likely that what's on there, doesn't tell the story that the liberals would prefer to tell. That may not be the case. Maybe the video shows the attacker saying "Trump made me do it!". But I suspect if that were the case, we'd have seen the video by now.

Have a good day and a great holiday next week.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:18 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's stupid. There's zero connection between the republican platform, and the occasional dirty cop.

There's a clear, obvious connection between democrats and the media who both wage war on cops, often having no idea of the facts.

Youre saying that because dirty cops vote for republicans, republicans are therefore responsible for the actions of dirty cops? It really sounds like that's what you're saying, and it's absurd.

The GOP isn't working together with dirty cops. But the democrats and the media are working together to tell a pro-liberal tale, when headline-grabbing situations arise between white cops and black suspects.

Paul, are democrats responsible for the actions of everyone who votes for them? Are they responsible for the guy who shot republicans at the softball game? Are they responsible for the guy why plotted to assassinate Kavanaugh, just after Chuck Schumer threatened Kavanaugh? Are democrats responsible for the Antifa and BLM riots from 2020?

Or are only Republicans responsible for everything their voters do?
Old 11-18-2022, 09:20 AM   #34
PaulS

Quote:

With this Paul Pelosi case, they all said it was purely politically-motivated violence. And it may well be that. But we don't know. .
So since we don't know we shouldn't rush to judgement?
Old 11-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Brilliant...

And even the in-bred psycho killer is rolling his eyes and shaking his head...
just remember the dummies calling you a conspiracy theorist were yapping on about trump peeing on russian hookers and kavanaugh rape trains etc...etc.......at least , according to NBC SF, we have police body cam evidence confirming pelosi opened the door contradicting the doj account...

the democraps, dark brandon and media got what they wanted out of this, it's not like they are ever honest about anything....they are pretty twisted...Jussie Smollet all over again....
Old 11-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
So since we don't know we shouldn't rush to judgement?
baaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa.....wow....
Old 11-18-2022, 09:29 AM   #37
scottw

don't rush to any judgments or conclusions in San Francisco

"Xenogender, gender outlaw and genderf****: San Francisco's $1,200-a-month handout to low-income trans people tells them to choose from 134 genders and pronouns (and they can pick as many as they want)
The application has a total of 97 genders, 18 pronouns and 19 sexual orientations"

you have to read the list....seriously...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...n-options.html
Old 11-18-2022, 09:51 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
baaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa.....wow....
Did you see how Depape's friend looked down on him bc he was a snarky troll.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Did you see how Depape's friend looked down on him bc he was a snarky troll.
well, if his friend is insane as he is, it is pretty amusing that you think it is worthy of note.....
Old 11-18-2022, 11:10 AM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
well, if his friend is insane as he is, it is pretty amusing that you think it is worthy of note.....
It is worthy bc that is how people look down at snarky trolls and that is what you are. If his friends look down on snarky trolls so much imagine what people who don't consider themselves friends of the snarky trolls think of those snarky trolls.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:29 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:
It is worthy bc that is how people look down at snarky trolls and that is what you are. If his friends look down on snarky trolls so much imagine what people who don't consider themselves friends of the snarky trolls think of those snarky trolls.
^^^ HALL of FAME MATERIAL.... really
Old 11-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:

snarky trolls and that is what you are.
are you sure that you are not a 4th grader posting without your parents permission?
Old 11-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
are you sure that you are not a 4th grader posting without your parents permission?
Are you sure your not a 13 year old girl?
Old 11-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Are you sure your not a 13 year old girl?
careful brandon......
Old 11-18-2022, 12:44 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
careful brandon......
You should ask someone to check out the Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders to see what they say about snarkiness.
Old 11-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #46
scottw

Quote:
You should ask someone to check out the Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders to see what they say about snarkiness.
I'll have wayne do it...he likes research