Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #1
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
The 2024 candidates speak

Mike Pompeo Boldly and Insanely Claims Teachers’ Union Leader Is “the Most Dangerous Person in the World”—Ahead of Kim Jong Un

When Pompeo was asked.


Who’s the most likely to take this republic down?” It would be the teachers’ unions, and the filth that they’re teaching our kids,

Regurgitating right wing nonsense shocking
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:00 AM   #2
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Teachers are great. Teachers unions are evil, that's not an exaggeration in my opinion. They bankroll campaigns of corrupt democrats, then partner with governments to enrich the union while making children more ignorant. Teachers unions could teach the mafia lessons about greed and corruption.

When I taught, it was in a rough middle school in a rough town. Lots of fights in the hallways between classes. One day the principal asked teachers to stick their heads into the hallway for the 3-5 minutes we had between periods to look out for trouble. Who wouldn't agree to that? The union. The union sent us all letters demanding that we refuse to do that, because the taxpayers weren't paying us to work for the 3 minutes between periods. The union demanded we get paid more for doing that.

Then, some business donated a few ping pong tables to the school. I am a ping pong master, so I agreed to start a ping pong club at the school. There was no money to pay me, but I didn't care. I did it for free. The union sent me another letter, demanding that I stop volunteering my time, they demanded that the school pay me or no club. I told them to go f-ck themselves.

Then during covid, unions refused to go back to work unless all kinds of demands were met.

Now my 3 are in catholic schools. No unions. The difference in culture is night and day.

We get it, your union made you wealthier than you ever could have been without them. But there are two sides to that story, the other side being what taxpayers have to do, to fund what unions demand, and what they get thanks to whores in the democrat party who are owned by the union.

Crappy parents are the biggest obstacle to offering good education to kids. Teachers unions are a close second. You cannot oppose school choice and say with a straight face that you care about the quality of education we offer kids.

Teachers Unions are all about $$, and it's never ever enough.

Pompeo called the union president "the most dangerous person in the world", which is an idiotic thing to say. But her union is doing catastrophic damage to generations of children, enriching themselves at the expense of the kids. That's what teachers unions do. Take resources away from kids and put that money in the union bank accounts.

Teachers unions are great for teachers. They are catastrophic for students.

The democrats need more from the unions now. Their second biggest donor, after George Soros, is that con man whose crypto company just went kaput. He gave huge $$ to democrats. If he were a Republican megadonor, you'd have made 10 posts about it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-23-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Teachers are great. Teachers unions are evil, that's not an exaggeration in my opinion. They bankroll campaigns of corrupt democrats, then partner with governments to enrich the union while making children more ignorant. Teachers unions could teach the mafia lessons about greed and corruption.

When I taught, it was in a rough middle school in a rough town. Lots of fights in the hallways between classes. One day the principal asked teachers to stick their heads into the hallway for the 3-5 minutes we had between periods to look out for trouble. Who wouldn't agree to that? The union. The union sent us all letters demanding that we refuse to do that, because the taxpayers weren't paying us to work for the 3 minutes between periods. The union demanded we get paid more for doing that.

Then, some business donated a few ping pong tables to the school. I am a ping pong master, so I agreed to start a ping pong club at the school. There was no money to pay me, but I didn't care. I did it for free. The union sent me another letter, demanding that I stop volunteering my time, they demanded that the school pay me or no club. I told them to go f-ck themselves.

Then during covid, unions refused to go back to work unless all kinds of demands were met.

Now my 3 are in catholic schools. No unions. The difference in culture is night and day.

We get it, your union made you wealthier than you ever could have been without them. But there are two sides to that story, the other side being what taxpayers have to do, to fund what unions demand, and what they get thanks to whores in the democrat party who are owned by the union.

Crappy parents are the biggest obstacle to offering good education to kids. Teachers unions are a close second. You cannot oppose school choice and say with a straight face that you care about the quality of education we offer kids.

Teachers Unions are all about $$, and it's never ever enough.

Pompeo called the union president "the most dangerous person in the world", which is an idiotic thing to say. But her union is doing catastrophic damage to generations of children, enriching themselves at the expense of the kids. That's what teachers unions do. Take resources away from kids and put that money in the union bank accounts.

Teachers unions are great for teachers. They are catastrophic for students.

The democrats need more from the unions now. Their second biggest donor, after George Soros, is that con man whose crypto company just went kaput. He gave huge $$ to democrats. If he were a Republican megadonor, you'd have made 10 posts about it.
He gave money to Republicans. But thanks for staying on topic

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...or-republicans

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried, while a top Democratic campaign contributor, also gave a significant sum of cash to Republican candidates and organizations ahead of the midterm election.


Unions are great for Americans. Republicans and big business not so much

Your child’s education is the parents responsibility

teachers can’t teach children who don’t attend don’t their homework while dealing with parents who think their responsibility end once the kid on the bus .. then crying their victims because their kid aren’t successful in school

The woke excuse only works on the Republican uninformed base voter
With most of them having zero children in school
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
I wonder what the poor Victim RINO would find to be an acceptable teacher salary, should they only be single women who could be housed by upstanding members of the community?
That was the norm in rural America 80 years ago.
But as usual everything in the victim’s mind is proof that he’s correct, never mind that:
Liberals declared independence from Britain and fought to win it. Conservatives opposed the idea and fought with the British Army for King George.
Liberals became abolitionists and conservatives fought to defend slavery.
Liberals supported female suffrage; conservatives did not.
Conservatives tried to steal the “Patriot” label from the Liberals. Conservatives have tried to steal the “Pro-Life” label from doctors trying to save the lives of pregnant women who will die without an abortion. Liberals are reclaiming their stolen labels from Conservatives.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He gave money to Republicans. But thanks for staying on topic

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...or-republicans

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried, while a top Democratic campaign contributor, also gave a significant sum of cash to Republican candidates and organizations ahead of the midterm election.


Unions are great for Americans. Republicans and big business not so much

Your child’s education is the parents responsibility

teachers can’t teach children who don’t attend don’t their homework while dealing with parents who think their responsibility end once the kid on the bus .. then crying their victims because their kid aren’t successful in school

The woke excuse only works on the Republican uninformed base voter
With most of them having zero children in school
“he gave money to republicans.”

From your article, in the 21-22 elections, he gave $262,000 to Republicans, and $40,000,000 to democrats

You really missed your calling. With your unlimited ability to say absolutely anything, no matter how absurd, you should have been a lawyer.

99.35% of his donations were to democrats.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:25 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He gave money to Republicans. But thanks for staying on topic

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...or-republicans

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried, while a top Democratic campaign contributor, also gave a significant sum of cash to Republican candidates and organizations ahead of the midterm election.


Unions are great for Americans. Republicans and big business not so much

Your child’s education is the parents responsibility

teachers can’t teach children who don’t attend don’t their homework while dealing with parents who think their responsibility end once the kid on the bus .. then crying their victims because their kid aren’t successful in school

The woke excuse only works on the Republican uninformed base voter
With most of them having zero children in school
"Your child’s education is the parents responsibility "

So teachers, who in New England can EASILY make $100k a year with cadillac health insurance, insanely generous pensions, tons of time off, and guaranteed job security, have no responsibility for education? What is their responsibility then, Wayne? If teachers aren't responsible for the education of their students, what would you say they are responsible for?

Furthermore, your side is saying parents should but out and leave it to the teachers. That's mutually exclusive from your statement that education is the parents responsibility.

If you really believe that educating my kids is my responsibility, then how can you oppose the idea of letting me spend my tax dollars on the education that I know is best for my kids?

Talk about wanting to have it both ways!

Most Republicans have no children in school? What are you talking about? Did you drink fentanyl today?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Liberals became abolitionists and conservatives fought to defend slavery.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I love it. Pete, there are no words anymore to describe your dishonesty. Why not make up a quote from Robert E Lee, saying that Trump forced him to defend slavery? That would be no less stupid, than what you just posted.

John Brown was a liberal. Gotcha!
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:38 PM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Pete, who was responsible for the riots in the summer of 2020? The tea party? The boy scouts?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:33 PM   #9
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Donald Trump continued to lash out Wednesday at the Supreme Court after its order Tuesday that cleared the way for a congressional committee to examine the former president’s tax returns.
The Post’s Robert Barnes notes that in a posting on Truth Social, the online platform Trump founded, he denounced the court — three of whose justices he appointed — as a political body that has lost respect.
“Why would anybody be surprised that the Supreme Court has ruled against me, they always do!” Trump wrote at 1:14 a.m. Eastern.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Your child’s education is the parents responsibility "

So teachers, who in New England can EASILY make $100k a year with cadillac health insurance, insanely generous pensions, tons of time off, and guaranteed job security, have no responsibility for education? What is their responsibility then, Wayne? If teachers aren't responsible for the education of their students, what would you say they are responsible for?

Furthermore, your side is saying parents should but out and leave it to the teachers. That's mutually exclusive from your statement that education is the parents responsibility.

If you really believe that educating my kids is my responsibility, then how can you oppose the idea of letting me spend my tax dollars on the education that I know is best for my kids?

Talk about wanting to have it both ways!

Most Republicans have no children in school? What are you talking about? Did you drink fentanyl today?
then how can you oppose the idea of letting me spend my tax dollars on the education

Because Jim you don’t pay crap..

How much of your town tax’s do you think you pay for 3 kids to go to school.. in a year. The same as the person who has no kids.

You have no argument it’s fantasy .



Most Republicans have no children in school?

You need to read more

When I began to cover the protests over Common Core State Standards a few years ago, most of the opponents showing up at the Legislature were home-schooling parents and older Georgians whose children had long graduated. I recall a woman brushing away tears as she told lawmakers how Common Core would hurt her four kids, but, when asked which district her children attended, explained they were home-schooled.

https://www.noleftturn.us/

You should love this site
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:13 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I love it. Pete, there are no words anymore to describe your dishonesty. Why not make up a quote from Robert E Lee, saying that Trump forced him to defend slavery? That would be no less stupid, than what you just posted.

John Brown was a liberal. Gotcha!
You’ll never figure out the difference, will you?
You think the conservative position was anti slavery?
Pro voting rights?
Anti British?
For women having the right to vote, have credit cards, attend college?
Interesting fantasy world you live in, where educators teach “filth”

Jim, the "moderate Republicans" of the old GOP are never coming back. They've been driven out by conspiracy theorists, kooks, and election deniers like you. The Republican Party as we knew it is no longer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:15 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, who was responsible for the riots in the summer of 2020? The tea party? The boy scouts?
Poor RINO victim it’s pretty simple, the rioters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:20 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
then how can you oppose the idea of letting me spend my tax dollars on the education

Because Jim you don’t pay crap..

How much of your town tax’s do you think you pay for 3 kids to go to school.. in a year. The same as the person who has no kids.

You have no argument it’s fantasy .



Most Republicans have no children in school?

You need to read more

When I began to cover the protests over Common Core State Standards a few years ago, most of the opponents showing up at the Legislature were home-schooling parents and older Georgians whose children had long graduated. I recall a woman brushing away tears as she told lawmakers how Common Core would hurt her four kids, but, when asked which district her children attended, explained they were home-schooled.

https://www.noleftturn.us/

You should love this site
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what’s the responsibility of the teachers wayne, if not educating children?

one person observing that one group of republicans was home schooling, from that you make a leap that republicans don’t have kids in public school.

republicans are less wealthy than liberals. they’re more likely to have kids in public school. it’s not rocket science.

one woman home schools, and you think she represents every republican? brilliant wayne.

if i don’t pay crap, then it’s no big deal to give it back to me.

You’re humiliating yourself.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:31 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
It’s pretty obvious that nobody who claims to be a conservative Republican actually is one…..

The Colorado shooter’s dad on finding out his son murdered people: “They started telling me about the incident, a shooting... And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I got scared, ‘#^&#^&#^&#^&, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, phew… I am a conservative Republican.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,121
Ahhh…..more “Faux” Quotes by Pete.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:00 AM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what’s the responsibility of the teachers wayne, if not educating children?

one person observing that one group of republicans was home schooling, from that you make a leap that republicans don’t have kids in public school.

republicans are less wealthy than liberals. they’re more likely to have kids in public school. it’s not rocket science.

one woman home schools, and you think she represents every republican? brilliant wayne.

if i don’t pay crap, then it’s no big deal to give it back to me.

You’re humiliating yourself.

Jim on person humiliating oneself is you. Because

you think you’re entitled to what it costs to send a child to school x3

Which in your state is Connecticut spends $20,635 per student,

Like I said you don’t pay enough taxes . But want school choice welfare
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Ahhh…..more “Faux” Quotes by Pete.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There’s video

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/sta...4Abg6o_A9ZVHnA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:01 AM   #18
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 21,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There’s video

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/sta...4Abg6o_A9ZVHnA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This is beyond disturbing to watch. Is the guy hammered to boot?
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:16 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There’s video

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/sta...4Abg6o_A9ZVHnA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I stand corrected.

Maybe you should open with that next time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 12:18 PM   #20
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
Who is really surprised when you have one of the leading R contenders for Pres. saying Warnock should be deported and "legal immigrants are more patriotic than the leftists these days."
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:37 PM   #21
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
How about quotes from Trump's former senior legal adviser Ellis:

“Even more tragic than untimely death, is that the five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians,” the far-right attorney said. “And so assuming that they had not accepted the truth of the Gospel of Christ and affirmed Jesus Christ as the lord of their life, they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation.”
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #22
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is beyond disturbing to watch. Is the guy hammered to boot?
Seems his grandfathers a peach and big MAGA supporter

California politician who compared the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to the American Revolutionary War,

Hate is taught
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:53 AM   #23
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Rapper Kanye West has said he intends to run for US president in 2024,

And ask Trump to be his running mate
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:13 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,011
A candidate for the Presidency, who will almost certainly be the Republican nominee, had dinner Tuesday with a literal Nazi at his residence where he hid stolen secret documents. There’s your Republican Party.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:38 AM   #25
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A candidate for the Presidency, who will almost certainly be the Republican nominee, had dinner Tuesday with a literal Nazi at his residence where he hid stolen secret documents. There’s your Republican Party.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
MyPillow Founder Lindell Weighs Run for RNC Chair

As you said there’s your Republicans


And for anyone who’ll claim they don’t know who’s these people are .

The ADL

Nicholas Joseph Fuentes is an American far-right, Christian nationalist, and white supremacist


1. Nicholas Fuentes is a white supremacist leader and organizer and podcaster who seeks to forge a white nationalist alternative to the mainstream GOP.


2) Nicholas Fuentes believes that he is working to defend against “leftist” cultural changes that are destroying the “true America:” a white, Christian nation.

3) Fuentes has used his platforms to make numerous antisemitic and racist comments.

4) Fuentes promoted election fraud narratives and encouraged his adherents to participate in nationwide “Stop the Steal” protests.

5) Fuentes has been embraced and praised by a spectrum of far right-wing fringe conservatives, providing him a larger platform for elevating the America First movement.

And this is who the former and 2024 candidate. Chooses to publicly associates with…

But but Hunter
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #26
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A candidate for the Presidency, who will almost certainly be the Republican nominee, had dinner Tuesday with a literal Nazi at his residence where he hid stolen secret documents. There’s your Republican Party.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well in Trump's defense he prob. "didn't know who he was but they say he loves his country" and Stacy Abrams said her election was stolen.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:38 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim on person humiliating oneself is you. Because

you think you’re entitled to what it costs to send a child to school x3

Which in your state is Connecticut spends $20,635 per student,

Like I said you don’t pay enough taxes . But want school choice welfare
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
my town ( education budgets are usually a town thing not a state thing) spends about $14k per kid.

YOU said education is the parents responsibility, not the teachers. Fine. Give me some of my tax money back ( not all of it) and let me use it to fulfill what YOU said was my responsibility.

Yes taxes in CT are way too low. That’s our problem. You figured it out.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:40 AM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
wayne, say the average CT public school spends 20k per kid as you stated.

Let’s say i get $3k of that back, which i use to send my kid to another school. Since you said it’s my responsibility ( not the teachers’) to educate my kid.

My kid is better off.

The public school is also better off, because they can keep the other $17,000 and use it on the smaller number of remaining kids. Fewer students,,more
money to spend per kid, smaller class sizes in the public schools. so those kids are also better off.

Win-win.

Youre opposed to the idea that i can use my own tax money to educate my own kids. Yet you are ok with the idea that you confiscate more of other peoples money to help pay for your kids student loans.

Funny, you said it’s the parents responsibility to educate their own children, yet you support the idea of forcing everyone else to help your family repay student loans that you chose to take on. If you believe what you said, that educating your kids is your responsibility, how can you be ok with asking everyone else to repay your kids student loans?

that’s called “wanting to have it both ways.”

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-27-2022 at 08:15 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,121
Very well thought out and thought provoking post delivered respectfully.

I can’t wait for Wayne’s reinterpretation of it, where you get told you’re a Trump loving Nazi sympathizer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:12 AM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Very well thought out and thought provoking post delivered respectfully.

I can’t wait for Wayne’s reinterpretation of it, where you get told you’re a Trump loving Nazi sympathizer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i was a public school teacher. And there is no argument against school choice, unless all you care about is the union. Kids benefit from school choice. Only public unions lose a little. So the question is, do schools exist to enrich unions, or do they exist to help students achieve their dreams? That’s not a difficult question for me.

And thanks.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com