Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
Sea Dangles

Vote with the wallet

This is a phrase I heard recently that explains why Trump will easily win a re-election. Who is the dem who can entice?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden and Beto together
Closest to the middle of the road candidates currently, appeal to biggest part of the Democrats, Millenials and will pick up all the Never/meh Trumpers.
However, there is an argument to be made to let Trump win.
The economy won't climb forever and nobody wants to be holding the bag when it falls.
The Party of Trump has nobody in the wings to follow him, he's systematically killed off all his competition and they might as well rename the party. It will need a purge to save it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is a phrase I heard recently that explains why Trump will easily win a re-election. Who is the dem who can entice?
the country didn’t vote with their wallets in the midterms. i agree with you, the economy is an absolute slam dunk win for him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Biden and Beto together
Closest to the middle of the road candidates currently, appeal to biggest part of the Democrats, Millenials and will pick up all the Never/meh Trumpers.
However, there is an argument to be made to let Trump win.
The economy won't climb forever and nobody wants to be holding the bag when it falls.
The Party of Trump has nobody in the wings to follow him, he's systematically killed off all his competition and they might as well rename the party. It will need a purge to save it.
I believe Biden, by far, has the potential to have the most wide ranging appeal, among the field
if shrieking, Marxist freaks currently running. Beto is a child. Biden, I believe, would
be very formidable.

But i don’t think Biden can get the nomination in the current state of that party. he’s too moderate, and now they’re portraying him as a pervert, which could
not be more hilarious, since he had spent the past three decades using these bullsh*t accusations against his political opponents, now he is being crucified
in the altar of the me too mivementnhe helped create. It’s exactly what he deserves for what he did to Clarence Thomas, who according to Biden, stopped serially harassing women as soon as he got confirmed, funny how he stopped harassing women after that stunt was concluded.

nobody to follow trump? are you insane? where do you get your news from?

Pence, Nikki Haley ( definitely running when Trump is done, if not as his #2 in 2020), Senator Tom Cotton is an absolute superstar ( graduate of Harvard and Harvard Law, Army officer and combat veteran),.Givernor Kasich would appeal to a lot of independents...
Old 04-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
Nebe

As opposed to “ vote with your brain”?

#sad
Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nobody to follow trump? are you insane? where do you get your news from?

Pence will never pull it off, was a failed, bankrupt politician before Trump picked him for VP, talk about low energy

Nikki Haley
She's far too smart to run as Trumps VP, she already distanced herself from him for good reason, next run maybe. Though someone will say she should go back to India
Senator Tom Cotton is an absolute superstar ( graduate of Harvard and Harvard Law, Army officer and combat veteran)
We elected one conspiracy theorist, might be worth repeating. No telling when ISIS might plan to invade Arkansas again, and he'd certainly be good for CCA and the GEO group
,.Givernor Kasich would appeal to a lot of independents...
If he stays, though you Trumplicans might never accept him
The Republican party no longer exists, Trump has drowned it in a swamp of his own making.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
As opposed to “ vote with your brain”?

#sad
as soon as you find a candidate with one you be sure to let us know.

#GoodLuckWithThat

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Republican party no longer exists, Trump has drowned it in a swamp of his own making.
So why does the GOP still control the Senate (which it did before and after Trump), and why does the GOP still control a majority of governorships and state legislatures (which it did before and after Trump). Trump didn't bring any of that to a halt. So if this kind of success if what you call "drowning in a swamp of non existence", you better hope the GOP doesn't really show up some day.

Obviously, he's the most prominent Republican. But there's a lot more to the party than Trump. Many prominent Republicans (the Bushes, etc) can't stand him.

"Pence will never pull it off, was a failed, bankrupt politician before Trump picked him for VP"

Pence is a failure of a politician? Let's see, he was elected to the United States Congress. Then he left that to run for Governor of Indiana which he won. Then he left that to be VP in a race which no one said he could win, but he did. So what are the failures, exactly, which completely define him in your eyes?

"Nikki Haley
She's far too smart to run as Trumps VP, she already distanced herself from him for good reason"

You know hwat the reasons were? Last time I checked, she never hinted at the reasons. Yet somehow you know. Please, don't keep all this knowledge to yourself, please share, enlighten us?

Nikki Haley is going to likely be on the executive ticket in 2020 or 2024. She will be a serious candidate.

"We elected one conspiracy theorist, might be worth repeating"

Oh, my goodness. What conspiracies did Tom Cotton embrace?
Old 04-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So why does the GOP still control the Senate (which it did before and after Trump), and why does the GOP still control a majority of governorships and state legislatures (which it did before and after Trump). Trump didn't bring any of that to a halt. So if this kind of success if what you call "drowning in a swamp of non existence", you better hope the GOP doesn't really show up some day.

Obviously, he's the most prominent Republican. But there's a lot more to the party than Trump. Many prominent Republicans (the Bushes, etc) can't stand him.

"Pence will never pull it off, was a failed, bankrupt politician before Trump picked him for VP"

Pence is a failure of a politician? Let's see, he was elected to the United States Congress. Then he left that to run for Governor of Indiana which he won. Then he left that to be VP in a race which no one said he could win, but he did. So what are the failures, exactly, which completely define him in your eyes?

Ask his brother

"Nikki Haley
She's far too smart to run as Trumps VP, she already distanced herself from him for good reason"

You know hwat the reasons were? Last time I checked, she never hinted at the reasons. Yet somehow you know. Please, don't keep all this knowledge to yourself, please share, enlighten us?

She said nothing, maybe her parents told her: "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"

Nikki Haley is going to likely be on the executive ticket in 2020 or 2024. She will be a serious candidate.

"We elected one conspiracy theorist, might be worth repeating"

Oh, my goodness. What conspiracies did Tom Cotton embrace?
During his senate campaign, he told a tele-townhall that "ISIS and Mexican drug cartels joining forces to attack Arkansas was “an urgent problem."

I'm sure you would love him, he's like Rand Paul with a aggressive foreign policy stance. Perfect for your Tea Party mentality.
He'd do as well as Goldwater.

Cotton is a tedious, hyper-partisan, deeply cynical political operator who loves to put on a demagogic show. There is cruelty in Cotton, but the trouble isn't that he's mean to his colleagues. We ought to worry more about the people whose names never make the newspaper, but who suffer at the hands of this rigid ideologue who has devoted his career to slashing funds for those who need it most here at home and cheer-leading for ever more war and military aggression abroad.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
During his senate campaign, he told a tele-townhall that "ISIS and Mexican drug cartels joining forces to attack Arkansas was “an urgent problem."

I'm sure you would love him, he's like Rand Paul with a aggressive foreign policy stance. Perfect for your Tea Party mentality.
He'd do as well as Goldwater.

Cotton is a tedious, hyper-partisan, deeply cynical political operator who loves to put on a demagogic show. There is cruelty in Cotton, but the trouble isn't that he's mean to his colleagues. We ought to worry more about the people whose names never make the newspaper, but who suffer at the hands of this rigid ideologue who has devoted his career to slashing funds for those who need it most here at home and cheer-leading for ever more war and military aggression abroad.
cotton is a combat vet. with two degrees from Harvard, each awarded cum laude. What has he done that’s cruel?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
as soon as you find a candidate with one you be sure to let us know.

#GoodLuckWithThat
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 04-04-2019, 02:21 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
cotton is a combat vet. with two degrees from Harvard, each awarded cum laude. What has he done that’s cruel?
Just ask the Arkansas Times

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...n-in-the-world

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...ut-food-stamps

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...nvade-arkansas

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...e-as-fake-news

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...tical-behavior

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...orist-in-chief

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Woah, if the New York Time says he's mean, that's good enough for me. Their credibility is beyond suspicion, right?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Just ask the Arkansas Times

Quote:
Woah, if the New York Time says he's mean, that's good enough for me. Their credibility is beyond suspicion, right?
You do have a disconnect with reality or a real issue with reading comprehension, don't you?

Lets Go Darwin