Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #181
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Only conservatives see anything short of a conviction as Trump being vindicated .

Such twisted logic

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I thought he was going to be executed?
Old 08-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #182
Pete F.
Canceled

Have any prominent Republicans—in the Senate, the House, governors—stepped up to remind their supporters, who are also overwhelmingly Trump supporters, to reject lawlessness and violence, and indeed to report disturbing any threats of which they become aware to law enforcement?
Old 08-14-2022, 07:26 AM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Have any prominent Republicans—in the Senate, the House, governors—stepped up to remind their supporters, who are also overwhelmingly Trump supporters, to reject lawlessness and violence, and indeed to report disturbing any threats of which they become aware to law enforcement?
so when pro-abortion lefties published the name and address of the schools that Amy Barrett’s kids attend, did you step up to remind us to reject threats and violence against little
kids? Or did you not care, because it’s ok when democrats do it?
Old 08-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #184
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The "law and order" party is spouting some pretty dangerous rhetoric, but when you have a president telling supporters to smack the sh*t out of someone and offering to pay the legal bills what to you expect. When your president suggests he could kill someone on 5th avenue and not be charged, what do you expect from his loyal supporters. When the DOJ tried for months to get everything back, stepping up to issuing subpoena's only to get a Trump lawyer signing a statement stating all documents had been returned, your pretty much left with one option if you want those highly classified documents back. Yet the Talking heads at Fox and in the GOP see this as overstepping and weaponizing the FBI.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #185
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so when pro-abortion lefties published the name and address of the schools that Amy Barrett’s kids attend, did you step up to remind us to reject threats and violence against little
kids? Or did you not care, because it’s ok when democrats do it?
What about……you’re lost in the taint again

Some of us are wannabe oligarchs and others are Major General Smedley Butler’s
Once again we pick sides, it’s obvious which one you would pick.
You would be all in on a Wall Street putsch.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2022, 04:18 PM   #186
wdmso

so when pro-abortion lefties published the name and address of the schools that Amy Barrett’s kids attend,

Not sure how you compare ^^^ above

To elected officials outlandish rhetoric

GOP Trump Loyalists Are Literally Invoking the "Gestapo," “Tyranny” To Discredit FBI

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), another close Trump ally, called the search “totally un-American” and “Gestapo cr*p,” as she called for the DOJ to be “cleaned out.”

Don’t forget about attacking the IRS

Imagine IRS agents descending upon America like a swarm of locusts," Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, warned in an interview with Fox Business. "And by the way, these IRS agents aren't there to go after billionaires. They're there to go after you. They're there to go after your small business. They're there to go after your family."

Oh wait I do because know why !

you do it all the Time comparing things that are not remotely the same.

You can’t control what private citizens say or do. No matter how wrong it is

But we should expect more from our elected officials. Who clearly are looking for votes from those who are actually making and commenting these threats and attacks
Old 08-14-2022, 05:27 PM   #187
wdmso

Armed Trump supporters protest outside of FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago probe

Yep I said you can’t control what people do on their own

But these people can’t think on their own . They actually think their intimidating the FBI. Because Trump wants them to. With their Cosplay outfit

But conservatives claim men women with a standard picket sighs yell slogans . We’re trying to intimidate SC justices..
It’s comical
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01CCA3E9-F614-484D-952E-9A6469F7FCEC.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	69092  

Last edited by wdmso; 08-14-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-14-2022, 05:46 PM   #188
scottw

Quote:
Armed Trump supporters protest outside of FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago probe

Yep I said you can’t control what people do on their own

But these people can’t think on their own . They actually think their intimidating the FBI. Because Trump wants them to. With their Cosplay outfit
maybe they'll take over a section of Phoenix and call it Chaz or Chop or something....
Old 08-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #189
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

The "law and order" party is spouting some pretty dangerous rhetoric, .
they need to be silenced and arrested, reeducated it that's even possible,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	298961460_3115810312003279_6654520306207049634_n.png
Views:	43
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	69093  
Old 08-15-2022, 04:14 AM   #190
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well there is no cure for stupid, Trump of course being the most glaring example. He even loves to inadvertently of course, show the public how stupid he truly is. I love his excuse for taking these classified documents, everyone takes work home and like magic anytime anything leaves the Oval Office it’s magically de-classified. Trump never actual ever worked or took national security serious, but maybe his loyal band of followers will buy it. If you can buy Trump won in a landslide, you certainly will accept this BS.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:00 AM   #191
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well there is no cure for stupid, Trump of course being the most glaring example. He even loves to inadvertently of course, show the public how stupid he truly is. I love his excuse for taking these classified documents, everyone takes work home and like magic anytime anything leaves the Oval Office it’s magically de-classified. Trump never actual ever worked or took national security serious, but maybe his loyal band of followers will buy it. If you can buy Trump won in a landslide, you certainly will accept this BS.
^^^this is pretty stupid....
Old 08-15-2022, 06:40 AM   #192
Pete F.
Canceled

I have heard many defenses of Trump, many excuses for Trump, regarding classified materials at Mar-a-Lago. What I have not heard is, ‘You know? It just doesn’t sound like him. That’s not a violation he would commit.’
Old 08-15-2022, 07:15 AM   #193
PaulS

It is amazing to see how bad of a liar he is.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:18 AM   #194
Pete F.
Canceled

Demanding the FBI return the evidence you said they planted that you declassified. That's some 5 dimensional tic tac toe he’s playing.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:22 AM   #195
wdmso

Sen. Rand Paul wants to repeal the Espionage Act amid an investigation into Trump

Seems the chemicals from his years of getting Perms . Have gotten to his Brain
Old 08-15-2022, 07:23 AM   #196
scottw

the trump deranged getting the week off to a great start....
Old 08-15-2022, 07:30 AM   #197
scottw

Quote:
Demanding the FBI return the evidence you said they planted that you declassified. That's some 5 dimensional tic tac toe he’s playing.
you need to stop stealing bad memes....didn't you also state trump appointed the judge that signed his search warrant which must make him guilty?

"Legal experts told USA TODAY judges on the federal district court select magistrate judges. That's how Reinhart was appointed, according to a press release from the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. The president does not play a role in this process. "

"Magistrate judges are typically appointed "by majority vote of the U.S. district judges" of a court, according to the United States Courts website. They are not appointed by the president, Stephen Saltzburg, professor of law at George Washington University, told USA TODAY in an email.

There is no evidence Trump played a role in Reinhart's appointment."

USA Today Our rating: False
Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that Trump appointed Reinhart as a magistrate judge in 2018. Federal district judges in Florida's Southern District appointed Reinhart. Trump had no involvement.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:30 AM   #198
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you need to stop stealing bad memes....didn't you also state trump appointed the judge that signed his search warrant which must make him guilty?

"Legal experts told USA TODAY judges on the federal district court select magistrate judges. That's how Reinhart was appointed, according to a press release from the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. The president does not play a role in this process. "

"Magistrate judges are typically appointed "by majority vote of the U.S. district judges" of a court, according to the United States Courts website. They are not appointed by the president, Stephen Saltzburg, professor of law at George Washington University, told USA TODAY in an email.

Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that Trump appointed Reinhart as a magistrate judge in 2018. Federal district judges in Florida's Southern District appointed Reinhart. Trump had no involvement.

I'll raise you 1 TDS from Fox news

Judge who green-lit raid at Trump's Mar-a-Lago home donated thousands to Obama
Bruce Reinhart, who reportedly signed off on the raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home, previously donated to Obama's campaign and victory fund

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...housands-obama
Old 08-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #199
scottw

Quote:

I'll raise you 1 TDS from Fox news
.......?
Old 08-15-2022, 04:06 PM   #200
wdmso

Trump Says FBI 'Stole' His Passports,

The story will change again in 5 4 3 2 1

Not sure which version this is.

From Trumps team

As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time,” Solomon read. “American presidents are no different. President Trump, in order to prepare the work for the next day, often took documents, including classified documents, to the residence. He had a standing order … that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.”

Lol

Last edited by wdmso; 08-15-2022 at 04:42 PM..
Old 08-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #201
Pete F.
Canceled

USA passports are property of the US government.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:22 PM   #202
Pete F.
Canceled

A sign that DOJ's MAL search was not solely about getting dox back, but also about potential criminal prosecution will be if DOJ assigns a criminal AUSA to the case, not only a Washington Nat Sec Division lawyer. Bonus points if from Florida US Attorney's Office, which has venue.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:36 AM   #203
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Looks like American’s Mayor now has a bulls eye on is head and he must have known it was coming. Will he take his own advice and follow his leader’s example and just admit guilt by sitting for hours taking the fifth, or will he decide maybe he’d rather avoid some jail time and set himself up for that big book deal by being the guy bringing down the head of the Trump crime family?
Old 08-16-2022, 06:16 AM   #204
Pete F.
Canceled

On top of Rudy having to appear in GA Court Wednesday, by car or train, he’s also broke. His last check to his ex- bounced. Judith don’t play and took his drunk ass to the cleaners. He’s basically in some version of ‘Midnight Run’ now.

So when interrogated, Rudy will drink the Fifth.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:56 AM   #205
wdmso

Don’t for get Graham who also feels he to is above the law that governs all citizens

With claims of. Graham’s lawyers had argued a provision in the Constitution gave him absolute protection against being probed about legislative efforts, but a judge said the provision did not cover the grand jury’s probe. ( he wasn’t calling about legislative efforts )

The judge also rejected Graham's claims “sovereign immunity” protected him from being forced to testify by a state prosecutor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelin...mp-judge-says/
Old 08-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #206
scottw

Quote:
USA passports are property of the US government.
why did the US Government return the US Government property?
Old 08-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #207
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I bet he hired Sandy Berger...he's an expert
Quote:
I hope pete doesn't have a stroke.....
Quote:
probably selling stuff to the russians....
Quote:
see...most fox viewers are deranged leftists......
Quote:
I'm excited for you...it's a great start to your week, I wonder what is so bad that the dems need this distraction?
Quote:
funniest thing ever written here....hall of fame
Quote:
don't dash his hopes...he's having a big day
Quote:
this is comical.....
Quote:
there was nothing intelligent nor of value in his rant or your reply to him which not surprising....

I'm glad pete is having fun...he's dedicated considerable time to hating trump....this is not the first time he's promised and celebrated the end for trump....I guess we'll wait and see.....
Quote:
I wonder when the loons will hit peak Trump Derangement?
Quote:
wow...cranky little man
Quote:
leftist like raids....especially with lots of military style assault weapons and when really old people are their target....
Quote:
cranky internet tough guy
Quote:
why?...the pressure is on garland & co to explain this,,, I heard brandon still doesn't know anything about it, he's still trying to shake hands with schumer again
Quote:
this is gold....belongs on a tee shirt
Quote:
Quote:
your fantasy narratives usually disappoint you....there have been many
Quote:
Definitely…he should get two death penalties actually…one for peeing on Russian hookers and one for selling nuclear weapons to other countries…might not be enough punishment to satisfy Pete though
Quote:
you getting a little ahead of yourself....
Quote:
was that the guy with the AR-15 style nail gun? We should ban those......
Quote:
I bet pete is drinking all weekend.....
Quote:
celebrating....
Quote:
you actually don't know that much at this point, there are leaked details from unnamed sources....those always work out for you

Hillary would have just cut the top secret label off the top and said .."what does it matter?"....and I don't think she ever had the ability to declassify stuff

if he's really done something so seriously wrong I'm sure he'll be in handcuffs shortly....or worse

‘Sounds about Right’: Ex-CIA Chief Michael Hayden Implies Trump Should Be Executed for Taking Classified Docs
Quote:
I think you invented it...congratulate yourself and have another drink
Quote:
I think hunter refers to him a "the big guy"...and "pedo"
Quote:
I thought this was a conspiracy theory?
Quote:
boom!
Quote:
dig deep baby
Quote:
what color tee shirt would you like?
Quote:
I hope this works out for you guys....I'd hate to see how disappointed you'll be if....well...

Garland didn't sound like a confident person the other day....sounded like someone who knew he'd really stepped in it..

that said....I'm sure trump was selling nuclear secrets that no one had missed from the time he left office till now......
Quote:
I thought he was going to be executed?
Quote:
maybe they'll take over a section of Phoenix and call it Chaz or Chop or something....
Quote:
they need to be silenced and arrested, reeducated it that's even possible,,,,
Quote:
the trump deranged getting the week off to a great start....
Quote:

Quote:
.......?
Quote:
why did the US Government return the US Government property?
Quote:
^^^this is pretty stupid....
Don't worry Scott, you're always at your best............

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-16-2022, 09:06 AM   #208
scottw

^^^B for effort
Old 08-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #209
scottw

hey, now that trump has called Garland's bluff and asked for the release of the affidavit....I wonder what Garland will do?
Old 08-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #210
wdmso

Quote:
hey, now that trump has called Garland's bluff and asked for the release of the affidavit....I wonder what Garland will do?
Wow you think that’s calling garlands Bluff.

Trump just said it . he filed no legal motion to have it released

Asked whether the former president would file a motion to release the affidavit, in opposition to federal prosecutors,

Trump attorney Christina Bobb told Fox News host Laura Ingraham that she wasn't "aware of any effort to oppose" unsealing the affidavit.

That’s not what was Asked. She asked if the former president would file a motion to release the affidavit,

There is a huge difference but the faithful take the bait again

Last edited by wdmso; 08-16-2022 at 09:28 AM..