Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-16-2022, 09:59 AM   #211
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Wow you think that’s calling garlands Bluff.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
sounds like Garland is afraid ...probably lots of nuclear secret info in there

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that the Biden Department of Justice opposes its request that the court unseal the affidavit used to justify the controversial raid on the home of former President Trump. The Justice Department was ordered by Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart to respond by 5:00 pm today to Judicial Watch’s Motion to Unseal the warrant and supporting materials behind the FBI raid of President Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago. In its filing, the Justice Department alleged that releasing the affidavit would “cause significant and irreparable damage” to its ongoing criminal investigation.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:14 AM   #212
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
sounds like Garland is afraid ...probably lots of nuclear secret info in there

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that the Biden Department of Justice opposes its request that the court unseal the affidavit used to justify the controversial raid on the home of former President Trump. The Justice Department was ordered by Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart to respond by 5:00 pm today to Judicial Watch’s Motion to Unseal the warrant and supporting materials behind the FBI raid of President Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago. In its filing, the Justice Department alleged that releasing the affidavit would “cause significant and irreparable damage” to its ongoing criminal investigation.
When the DOJ writes something in a court filing, you pay attention to every word.

Court filing yesterday, re: Mar-a-Lago search: "This investigation implicates highly classified materials"

We know you think national security is a joke, why would we worry about a guy who hauled off a horde of top secret documents who:

1. Disclosed to the president of the Philippines on the phone the location of our nuclear subs off N. Korea.

2. Blabbed to the press UK classified info about the Manchester bombing.

3. Confiscated and kept his interpreter’s notes after his private meeting with Putin.

4. Posted a video on twitter of Seal Team from Al Asad airbase revealing their faces and location.

5. Tweeted a classified photo of Iran’s Imam Khomeini Spaceport.

6. Disclosed sources and methods of ally’s intel (Israel) to Russian diplomats HIS VERY FIRST MONTH in office.

What possible reason would he have to think stealing and storing classified documents at his house is a good thing for America?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #213
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Scott is really only concerned about when he can slap what he thinks is a funny one liner.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:45 AM   #214
wdmso

The right is more outrage over the FBI taking his passport and then Returning it as evidence of FBI overreach

Than they are he had classified documents when he said he didn’t have any then claimed stuff was planted then claimed he declassified them and he is still lying about the election being stolen ..

Thats him being dishonest as usual and his followers being equal dishonest

Convinced it’s the deep state hard at work
Old 08-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #215
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

We know you think national security is a joke, why would we worry about a guy who hauled off a horde of top secret documents who:

this is not what happened....trump and melania did not load a bunch of boxes full of sensitive documents into the back of their station wagon and head off florida....I guess this was what was left after trump flushed boxes of other sensitive and incriminating information down what must have been a very large toilet....

those boxes were transported to florida by????
Old 08-16-2022, 11:11 AM   #216
scottw

Quote:

Court filing yesterday, re: Mar-a-Lago search: "This investigation implicates highly classified materials"

thursday
Old 08-17-2022, 07:11 AM   #217
Pete F.
Canceled

Bogus defense # (can’t count them all): my chief of staff bungled the packing process in January 2021, which totally explains why I refused to give back the documents for 18 months. And gave back some and lied that I had given back all marked classified. Get it?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #218
PaulS

Quote:
Bogus defense # (can’t count them all): my chief of staff bungled the packing process in January 2021, which totally explains why I refused to give back the documents for 18 months. And gave back some and lied that I had given back all marked classified. Get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It is amazing to see how bad of a liar he is.
Yet his supporters believe him.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:30 AM   #219
scottw

Quote:
Yet his supporters believe him.
have they arrested him yet?
Old 08-17-2022, 12:46 PM   #220
PaulS

Quote:
have they arrested him yet?
Did you know there is a process and laws that have to be followed?

I would have thought you know that.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #221
scottw

Quote:
Did you know there is a process and laws that have to be followed?

I would have thought you know that.
I’m pretty sure they could arrest him if he was committing espionage
Old 08-17-2022, 02:49 PM   #222
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I’m pretty sure they could arrest him if he was committing espionage
Gathering evidence is obviously the first step, in light of this involving a former president, it’s got to be a lock regardless of any charges coming.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:27 PM   #223
Pete F.
Canceled

Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers.

But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

How many lawyers for Trump have been convicted, disbarred, or are currently being investigated for their crimes?

The former president’s current legal team includes a Florida insurance lawyer who’s never had a federal case, a past general counsel for a parking-garage company and a former host at far-right One America News

Maybe Scott will represent him
Old 08-18-2022, 02:31 AM   #224
scottw

Quote:

said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity

Old 08-18-2022, 04:21 AM   #225
wdmso

Quote:
Do you even believe those who testify under oath against you know who ..

Or is it all anti Thumpers and lies
Old 08-18-2022, 05:37 AM   #226
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Do you even believe those who testify under oath against you know who ..

oh absolutely.....I believe that chick that said trump choked out a couple of secret service people than tried to take over the limo....that was definitely true
Old 08-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #227
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s a con.

Twice impeached angry old Floridian bombarded his supporters with more than 100 emails asking for money based on the FBI’s search of his Florida Mar-a-Lago Club for classified materials last week.

They paid off.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #228
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s a con.

Twice impeached angry old Floridian bombarded his supporters with more than 100 emails asking for money based on the FBI’s search of his Florida Mar-a-Lago Club for classified materials last week.

They paid off.
If there were legit reasons for the raid, and if it leads to a criminal prosecution (I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging), it's a win for them in terms of killing off Trump. If it can reasonably be construed to be politically motivated (and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009), it's a huge win for the GOP, and a stupid move by democrats.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #229
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If there were legit reasons for the raid, and if it leads to a criminal prosecution (I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging), it's a win for them in terms of killing off Trump. If it can reasonably be construed to be politically motivated (and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009), it's a huge win for the GOP, and a stupid move by democrats.
You consider it a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House. I applaud Liz Chaney for having the backbone lacking from the current GOP leadership in condemning Trumps attempts to hold on to power by illegal means. I hope she succeeds in her statement saying she will do everything in her power to keep Trump from ever getting back in the White House, I wouldn’t count her out if she decides to run. I doubt she would pull enough votes from Trumps crazy base, but the debates alone will be worth the price of admission.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #230
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You consider it a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House. I applaud Liz Chaney for having the backbone lacking from the current GOP leadership in condemning Trumps attempts to hold on to power by illegal means. I hope she succeeds in her statement saying she will do everything in her power to keep Trump from ever getting back in the White House, I wouldn’t count her out if she decides to run. I doubt she would pull enough votes from Trumps crazy base, but the debates alone will be worth the price of admission.
You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? Read my post. I said it was a win for the left it was legit, and a stupid move "IF it was politically motivated".

Can you not grasp what I'm saying there? Is that going too fast for you?

If any Republican said "one plus one equals two", I think some of you would reflexively say he was wrong.

Put down the Kool Aid, take a few breaths, and THINK.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:02 AM   #231
scottw

Quote:

You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? .
reading, writing and arithmetic are clearly a struggle for these geniuses...but we can trust their opinions on important and often complex matters
Old 08-18-2022, 09:03 AM   #232
scottw

Quote:

If any Republican said "one plus one equals two", I think some of you would reflexively say he was wrong.

that's a fact....Jack!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stripes-bill-murray (1).gif
Views:	32
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	69101  
Old 08-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
reading, writing and arithmetic are clearly a struggle for these geniuses...but we can trust their opinions on important and often complex matters
Jim: if the raid was legit, it's a win for the Democrats. If it was purely politically motivated, it's a stupid move for the democrats.

GS: Oh, so you're saying it's a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House

He's claiming I said something, which I never, ever came close to saying. FFS I said I agree with the raid, as long as there was legitimate just cause. Even when I agree with them, I'm wrong. It's really, really something to behold.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #234
scottw

Quote:
Jim: if the raid was legit, it's a win for the Democrats. If it was purely politically motivated, it's a stupid move for the democrats.

GS: Oh, so you're saying it's a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House

He's claiming I said something, which I never, ever came close to saying. FFS I said I agree with the raid, as long as there was legitimate just cause. Even when I agree with them, I'm wrong. It's really, really something to behold.
it's because they are following the narrative pumped into their little brains on a daily basis...regardless of what you say..they are going to repeat whet they've been programmed to say........
Old 08-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #235
Jim in CT

Quote:
.regardless of what you say..they are going to repeat whet they've been programmed to say........
Exactly. They constantly do exactly that. They never respond to what you say, but to what CNN tells them we're saying...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #236
scottw

not only that....how is it that they are worried that trump can somehow get elected again...maybe they know they are full of.....you know...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #237
Jim in CT

Quote:
not only that....how is it that they are worried that trump can somehow get elected again...maybe they know they are full of.....you know...
as of right now, i do believe there’s a chance he could. if he wants to run, i don’t think anyone would beat him in the primary, do you?

and while i don’t think he could
win a general
election again, you never know. i didn’t think he had a prayer in 2016, i was certain the stock market would be far lower then it is right now, so i often feel like i don’t know anything anymore.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:34 AM   #238
scottw

Quote:
as of right now, i do believe there’s a chance he could. if he wants to run, i don’t think anyone would beat him in the primary, do you?

and while i don’t think he could
win a general
election again, you never know. i didn’t think he had a prayer in 2016, i was certain the stock market would be far lower then it is right now, so i often feel like i don’t know anything anymore.
don't honestly know but if you listen to the left.. the only people who would vote for him are a crazed right wing fanatics...can't possibly be enough of them to possibly get him elected but for some reason they are working very hard to ensure he can't run, you'd think they'd be begging for him to run....Brandon supposedly got more that 80 million votes last time and he is and was a complete dud....any democrat should be able to trounce trump but for some reason they are afraid
Old 08-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #239
Jim in CT

Quote:
don't honestly know but if you listen to the left.. the only people who would vote for him are a crazed right wing fanatics...can't possibly be enough of them to possibly get him elected but for some reason they are working very hard to ensure he can't run, you'd think they'd be begging for him to run....Brandon supposedly got more that 80 million votes last time and he is and was a complete dud....any democrat should be able to trounce trump but for some reason they are afraid
Im with you, if i was a democrat, i want trump to run way more then i want someone like desantis.

He is literally the antichrist to them.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

Look at the candidates Trump and the Trumplican party have supported for Secretary of State in states.
All election deniers.
States that have given their legislatures the ability to disregard the popular vote.
You think our experiment will survive a organized attack?
It’s dependent on honorable people playing by the rules.
Once that’s gone it’s over.