Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2022, 06:36 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the vineyard is going to do what chicago
did, get rid of these people
as fast as they can get them out of their sight.

If liberals believes what they claim to believe, they’d be welcoming the immigrants with open arms. Shows their hypocrisy, which is why it’s dismissed as a stunt. I guess it is a stunt, but a very very effective one.

if you’re opposed to a wall, you’re advocating for more illegal immigration. That’s what you’re supporting. So you should welcome more illegals.
Poor victim

In January 2021, just before Biden took office, your hero said:

I kept my promises. And today we celebrate an extraordinary milestone: the completion of the promised 450 miles of border wall. … You have some areas that are virtually impossible to get by. So we didn’t need walls everywhere, but… in every region that we’ve built the wall, illegal crossings and drug smuggling have plummeted. … One of the big elements of the wall that make it so successful is we can have far fewer people working.

So Trump believed the wall was working too, and that it wasn’t needed everywhere. Regardless, if his $15 billion, 455‐​mile border wall can be defeated by any small gap anywhere in it, it just goes to show the absurdity of the whole project because gaps can and are being made on a near‐​daily basis.

The Trump border wall failed for all the predictable reasons. Immigrants used cheap ladders to climb over it, or they free climb it. They used cheap power tools to cut through it. They cut through small pieces and squeezed through, and they cut through big sections and drove through. In one small section in 2020, they sawed through at least 18 times that Border Patrol knew about in a month. They also made tunnels. Some tunnels were long, including the longest one ever discovered, but some were short enough just to get past the barrier.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2022, 06:38 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
martha’s vineyard depends on legal, temporary immigration.

You see no difference between that and millions and millions of them living here, having lots of kids, requiring immense services

My god.
Those people are here legally that’s why the were on that flight .

Also my larger point migration and migrant workers do not strike fear on the island of 15 k people
Old 09-17-2022, 06:41 AM   #63
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"The Chamber of Commerce of Martha’s Vineyard said the island was facing a “humanitarian crisis” after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis sent just 50 migrants to the island this week. Yet more than 24,000 illegal immigrants would need to arrive on the island for it to equally share the burden faced by Del Rio, Texas, on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Del Rio area had more than 49,500 migrant encounters in July alone — more than the population of the city itself, which has a population of just over 34,500 people. By contrast, the year-round population of Martha’s Vineyard is 17,000 people and the island welcomed just 50 migrants when the “humanitarian crisis” was triggered."

Maybe you need to look up what an island is
Old 09-17-2022, 06:43 AM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
the vineyard is going to do what chicago
did, get rid of these people
as fast as they can get them out of their sight.

If liberals believes what they claim to believe, they’d be welcoming the immigrants with open arms. Shows their hypocrisy, which is why it’s dismissed as a stunt. I guess it is a stunt, but a very very effective one.

if you’re opposed to a wall, you’re advocating for more illegal immigration. That’s what you’re supporting. So you should welcome more illegals.

Like Scott look up island instead making excuses for your man crush and lack of moral values
Old 09-17-2022, 06:48 AM   #65
wdmso

For the usual suspects who think we have open borders And feel laws aren’t being followed ..

Asylum Explained

In simple terms, asylum is a way that civilized nations protect persons who come from other countries that are unwilling or unable to protect them. Immigration law, specifically §101(a)(42) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, defines a refugee or asylee as a person who is unable or unwilling to return to their country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of:

Race
Religion
Nationality
Membership in a particular social group or
Political opinion
Asylum applications are managed by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), just like all other immigration petitions and processes.

The United States recognizes these international definitions of asylum and sets them as criteria that may allow people to remain in the United States. Thus, USCIS does not grant asylum solely on the basis of:

Wanting a better economic opportunity
Because the family-based immigration process takes too long
They didn’t know better
USCIS admits approximately 25,000 asylees each year. However, there is no statutory limit. The cap on refugees is different. So, President Biden’s announcement to increase refugee admissions to about 125,000 is not tied to the asylum process. Resources to adjudicate (make a decision) on cases is one of the biggest limiting factors for the number of asylum admissions.

Once again statistics don’t prove their version of events
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F67410A4-FE8F-4472-8A57-DC8CF50AF3E4.png
Views:	40
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	69188  
Old 09-17-2022, 07:07 AM   #66
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

For the usual suspects who think we have open borders
Democrat Congressman from Texas says it is "literally an open border"...probably has no idea what he's talking about

Old 09-17-2022, 08:26 AM   #67
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I guess it is a stunt, but a very very effective one.
A stunt, never heard of such a thing
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5DD46AFD-FB4F-43C6-8FD8-D1D79154B201.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	69189  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
yeah, they should think of it as an opportunity for endless sanctimonious virtue signaling...
Old 09-17-2022, 09:28 AM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Massachusetts is one of eight “donor states” that pays more in federal taxes than it gets back in federal expenditures (ranks third behind NY and NJ).
Florida, by contrast, is the third biggest “taker state” (behind VA and KY), getting over $50B more than it pays in.
Just sayin’.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:42 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

This outrage must stop. New Jersey is flying criminal Turkish immigrants to Pennsylvania to run for office.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:07 PM   #71
wdmso

If it wasn’t for immigration 1\2 of Del Reo residents wouldn’t have jobs

And Republicans need to stop crying as if this hasn’t been happening for decades and their are facilities built just for what’s happening just look at the maps. MV could throw them in the county jail that’s the only bed space on the island

So when people like to again everything’s equal .. their not.

Odd when are Republicans going to start talking about the Chinese invasion their top of the asylum list
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C628FD5D-B7CA-4116-81ED-BF00F5CB70E7.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	69190   Click image for larger version

Name:	099179D3-AD91-482D-94E5-025CC88FCA44.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	69191  
Old 09-17-2022, 04:33 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Last week, liberals in Chicago and Martha’s Vineyard were adamantly opposed to securing the southern border with a wall, and said it was xenophobic and hate mongering to oppose illegals.

Today, those same exact liberals in Chicago and Martha’s Vineyard have illegals in their backyards, and are shipping them off as soon as they can work out the logistics.

The liberals flip flipped 180 degrees.

And they’ll tell us they were right both times.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:35 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
they’re all in favor of illegals, as long as they don’t have to see
any.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:39 PM   #74
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F105FF82-8F6A-4F77-A15A-27DADE38ADA8.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	69192  

Old 09-17-2022, 05:01 PM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Saw the Homer one! And this is pretty good...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Obama.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	69193  
Old 09-17-2022, 07:45 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
they’re all in favor of illegals, as long as they don’t have to see
any.
What the miser class wanted from the dehumanizing Martha's Vineyard stunt was to accuse liberals of hating migrants just as much as they do. It was all geared for the "liberals deport migrants" headlines. They were going to do it regardless of whether it was true, and they have.
The people of Martha's Vineyard can take perfect care of them, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts can activate the National Guard to assist and offer them transportation where they can receive services, they can do everything right. but it won't matter. Misers will lie.
They will say that the National Guard was activated against the migrants, when they were activated on their behalf. They will say that the migrants were "deported," when they were offered voluntary transportation to receive services.
The entire point of the stunt was to make accusations of "liberal hypocrisy" on the grounds that liberals hate migrants just as much as Republicans do. It's not true, of course, but truth is irrelevant. They will lie, and their media organs will perpetuate the lie.
The actual truth will be lost in the confusion, as media that are not explicitly right-wing will start exploring the political winners and losers of the stunt and trying to navigate a middle ground between the truth and the lie.

The truth is that they were scooped up and taken care of despite arriving with no warning or preparation, they are now getting necessary legal help, medical attention if required, and will be far better off than in Texas or Florida.

Notice when places like Martha’s Vineyard prove they can be compassionate to immigrants, the fascists will just try to ship humans to to somewhere else.
Because the point isn’t to *solve* a problem, it’s to make one.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #77
wdmso

Quote:
Last week, liberals in Chicago and Martha’s Vineyard were adamantly opposed to securing the southern border with a wall, and said it was xenophobic and hate mongering to oppose illegals.

Today, those same exact liberals in Chicago and Martha’s Vineyard have illegals in their backyards, and are shipping them off as soon as they can work out the logistics.

The liberals flip flipped 180 degrees.

And they’ll tell us they were right both times.
Stop making sh it up
Old 09-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Stop making sh it up
what did i make up?

everything is ok when liberals do it!!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...outputType=amp
Old 09-18-2022, 05:22 AM   #79
scottw

shhhh...don't tell anyone and upset the narrative

"Some of the migrants in Martha's Vineyard say the Florida-funded planes that took them to the island were 'a stroke of good luck.'."
Old 09-18-2022, 06:06 AM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what did i make up?

everything is ok when liberals do it!!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...outputType=amp
GOD you're despicable. They were ferried across the sound to Cape Cod where there is housing & supplies. Plus, they have to check in with nearest ICE office quickly or face permanent deportation -there is no ICE office on Martha's Vineyard (which is why Desantis sent them there)

Never mind that FL paid Vertol Systems $615,000 on Sept 8th out of the $12m deportation fund.

So Floridians paid $12,300 for each refugee DeSantis trafficked for his own political purposes.

Last edited by Pete F.; 09-18-2022 at 06:41 AM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2022, 07:40 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
GOD you're despicable. They were ferried across the sound to Cape Cod where there is housing & supplies. Plus, they have to check in with nearest ICE office quickly or face permanent deportation -there is no ICE office on Martha's Vineyard (which is why Desantis sent them there)

Never mind that FL paid Vertol Systems $615,000 on Sept 8th out of the $12m deportation fund.

So Floridians paid $12,300 for each refugee DeSantis trafficked for his own political purposes.

and chicago shipped to the suburbs

in both cases, people where the illegals were, didn’t want them, and shipped them off. How many planes has the Biden administration filled with illegals and flown them around, sometimes in the middle of the night? but that’s ok. Because everything is on when liberals do it.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:41 AM   #82
Jim in CT

It’s ok when Biden flies them around in the middle of the night, though!

https://nypost.com/2021/10/18/biden-...-of-night/amp/
Old 09-18-2022, 07:50 AM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and chicago shipped to the suburbs

in both cases, people where the illegals were, didn’t want them, and shipped them off. How many planes has the Biden administration filled with illegals and flown them around, sometimes in the middle of the night? but that’s ok. Because everything is on when liberals do it.
So they sent them to where the needed services were available, not to another state, would it be acceptable to send them to Wyoming, Oklahoma or Utah?
That would be the MAGA ploy, wouldn’t it🤔

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #84
scottw

Quote:
So they sent them to where the needed services were available, not to another state, would it be acceptable to send them to Wyoming, Oklahoma or Utah?

no they sent them to somewhere much safer according to you and Paul....you constantly claim the Desantis is killing everyone in Florida and Paul constantly tells us that blue state social services are far superior than failed red states...you should thank Desantis.....a flight to a vacation paradise and a ferry ride to Cape Cod, sounds like a great vacation
Old 09-18-2022, 10:12 AM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no they sent them to somewhere much safer according to you and Paul....you constantly claim the Desantis is killing everyone in Florida and Paul constantly tells us that blue state social services are far superior than failed red states...you should thank Desantis.....a flight to a vacation paradise and a ferry ride to Cape Cod, sounds like a great vacation
The only thing Desantis miscalculated was that the Derby was going on and it wasn’t off-season, otherwise all those vacation rentals would have been available to house them. I’m sure the owners would have no problem donating them for such a worthy cause.

Old 09-18-2022, 10:24 AM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The only thing Desantis miscalculated was that the Derby was going on and it wasn’t off-season, otherwise all those vacation rentals would have been available to house them. I’m sure the owners would have no problem donating them for such a worthy cause.
You think they would live in “donated” housing somewheres in this country?

Many conservative thinkers over the last century: So much of modern leftism is envy. Unhealthy and unattractive.

TDF: Hold my beer.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #87
PaulS

Quote:
You think they would live in “donated” housing somewheres in this country?

Many conservative thinkers over the last century: So much of modern leftism is envy. Unhealthy and unattractive.

TDF: Hold my beer.
I got a laugh out of that
Old 09-18-2022, 11:37 AM   #88
wdmso

Quote:
It’s ok when Biden flies them around in the middle of the night, though!

https://nypost.com/2021/10/18/biden-...-of-night/amp/
Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night

So secret everyone knows about it

Many of those migrants had court dates on Monday in a different state

He said the promises came from a woman who gave her name as "Perla" who approached his family on the street outside a San Antonio shelter after they crossed from Mexico and U.S. border authorities released them with an immigration court date.

You really need to re-evaluate your character and the Character of those people you support with out question …

They seem to have no ethics no integrity dishonest to their core
And are willing to trample on any class of people they feel are unworthy. All while claiming to respect the rule of law and good Christians .

And you and others eat it up . and somehow twist it to some narrative that Ron or Abbot , Trump Orban are. How real American leaders should walk and talk and act ..

the term Deplorable’s seems to fit like a glove in the New GOP
Old 09-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #89
PaulS

Someone should see if John Paul can take 25 to CH Monday at 9:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #90
wdmso

Some other fans favorites and their vision of leadership

Virginia has moved to restrict the rights of trans students in its public schools

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin's administration has proposed new policies for the state's schools regarding how they treat transgender students, including restricting which bathrooms they can use and which pronouns they may go by.

So Ron went to Harvard Law . Seems he may have to lawyer up.

Tallahassee-based immigration attorney Elizabeth Ricci explains there's a "good faith argument" to be made that luring the migrants onto planes with the promise of jobs makes them crime victims. And that means they could automatically qualify for a visa, she said.

"An enticement like that, regardless of whether you sign a waiver, is fraud and that is part of the definition of human trafficking," Ricci explains. "I think that everybody on those planes has a case to legalize as a direct result of being transported by the governor."

Rachel Self, a Massachusetts lawyer specializing in immigration, has been vocal about her interactions with the migrants while they were on Martha's Vineyard. "We believe they are victims of kidnapping," she wrote in a statement, according to The Martha's Vineyard Times, "it may well result in every individual who was induced onto those planes by fraud becoming eligible for a U visa."