Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #991
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems your exceptionally bothered
Over The idea that those you support are not the patriots you may believe them to be.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it's amazing how you constantly and so confidently create compete fiction between your ears....
Old 11-04-2022, 02:11 PM   #992
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's amazing how you constantly and so confidently create compete fiction between your ears....
Again you say absolutely nothing

Just the response I expected
Old 11-04-2022, 06:29 PM   #993
scottw

Quote:
Again you say absolutely nothing

Just the response I expected
cool...you can add clairvoyant to your resume
Old 11-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #994
wdmso

Republicans sued to restrict this drop box. Meet the voters using it.

ALLENTOWN, Pa. — In the political battleground of Lehigh County, a legal group linked to Donald Trump sued to slash the hours of the only around-the-clock ballot drop box, arguing someone could stuff it with fake votes. Vigilantes pledged online to protect it. Election clerks received anonymous letters: “STOP THE ELECTION FRAUD.”

Guess what they found

But on this November evening, there are no citizen guards or sneaky fraudsters at the Lehigh County Government Center ballot drop box, just a janitor wiping the glass windows. Leaves skittering across the sidewalk. A husky sniffing grass.

Republicans hard at work crying wolf.

Just another example of the party of No standards . And completely void of honesty
Old 11-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #995
wdmso

Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson was asked a simple question on the campaign trail this week: Would he commit to accepting the results of next week's midterm elections?

His answer was anything but simple.

"I sure hope I can, but I can't predict what the Democrats might have planned,"

Yep both sides ya right
Old 11-05-2022, 04:28 PM   #996
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson was asked a simple question on the campaign trail this week: Would he commit to accepting the results of next week's midterm elections?

His answer was anything but simple.

"I sure hope I can, but I can't predict what the Democrats might have planned,"

Yep both sides ya right
Stacey Abrams says GA makes it harder for democrats to vote.

Yeah, both sides.

Make that wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/stacey...er-suppression
Old 11-06-2022, 08:21 AM   #997
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Stacey Abrams says GA makes it harder for democrats to vote.

Make that wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/
stacey-abrams-if voters-can-navigate-gov-kemps-voter-suppression

You know Jim the laws passed after trump lost If you ever read outside of fox you might see the truth

Under the state’s new Election Integrity Act, Georgia citizens can challenge a voter’s eligibility on the state’s voting rolls an unlimited number of times. Right-wing groups, spurred by baseless claims that the 2020 election was rife with voter fraud, have mounted thousands of organized challenges across the state, putting even

Republicans use Georgia election law to try to cancel registrations

Poll workers inform voters they had been canceled or contested

following the 2020 presidential election as the right-wing voter watchdog group True the Vote teamed up with the Georgia Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

That’s what voter suppression look like Jim Fox won’t run these stories

Jim your heads so deep in the sand you are unable to see the 200 republicans actually are doing what you claim 1 democrat did

And no both sides don’t do it

Stop being a cheerleader for bad behavior

Last edited by wdmso; 11-06-2022 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #998
Pete F.
Canceled

Straightforward from here:

1. Rs take House narrowly, Ds hold Senate and key governors.

2. D Senate lets Biden govern.

3. R House good politically for Ds (cf. 1994, 2010).

4. Trump runs, wins nomination.

5. Biden doesn't run, next gen D ticket (e.g. Buttigieg-Whitmer) for the win ✌🏼
Old 11-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #999
Jim in CT

Quote:
stacey-abrams-if voters-can-navigate-gov-kemps-voter-suppression

You know Jim the laws passed after trump lost If you ever read outside of fox you might see the truth

Under the state’s new Election Integrity Act, Georgia citizens can challenge a voter’s eligibility on the state’s voting rolls an unlimited number of times. Right-wing groups, spurred by baseless claims that the 2020 election was rife with voter fraud, have mounted thousands of organized challenges across the state, putting even

Republicans use Georgia election law to try to cancel registrations

Poll workers inform voters they had been canceled or contested

following the 2020 presidential election as the right-wing voter watchdog group True the Vote teamed up with the Georgia Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

That’s what voter suppression look like Jim Fox won’t run these stories

Jim your heads so deep in the sand you are unable to see the 200 republicans actually are doing what you claim 1 democrat did

And no both sides don’t do it

Stop being a cheerleader for bad behavior
every november, GA sets records for voter turnout. black turnout is especially high.

“no both sides don’t do it.”

last year courts threw out NY’s redrawn district likes, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. Here in CT, in 2 consecutive gubernatorial elections, democrats in bridgeport and hartford claimed they ran out of ballots ( who knew you needed ballots on election day?), and kept polls open later than originally scheduled, just in those cities, which coincidentally are 99% democrats. in the red districts, enough ballots were sent that polls closed at 8 pm.

and the new black panthers hanging outside a voting place holding clubs. That wasn’t voter intimidation.

And here in CT they recently re-drew the northwest district, the only somewhat purple district in the state, to include enough of waterbury to make it reliably blue

yup. only the right does it.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:56 AM   #1000
wdmso

Quote:
every november, GA sets records for voter turnout. black turnout is especially high.

“no both sides don’t do it.”

last year courts threw out NY’s redrawn district likes, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. Here in CT, in 2 consecutive gubernatorial elections, democrats in bridgeport and hartford claimed they ran out of ballots ( who knew you needed ballots on election day?), and kept polls open later than originally scheduled, just in those cities, which coincidentally are 99% democrats. in the red districts, enough ballots were sent that polls closed at 8 pm.

and the new black panthers hanging outside a voting place holding clubs. That wasn’t voter intimidation.

And here in CT they recently re-drew the northwest district, the only somewhat purple district in the state, to include enough of waterbury to make it reliably blue

yup. only the right does it.
Jim stop changing the subject gerrymandering is another area Republicans like to cheat on a scale not seen on the democrats side

Setting records doesn’t equal easier to vote. Just more. People are voting

How do you justify Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

360,000 voters if that’s not organized suppression of democrats
Voters. I doubt they challenge republicans voters!

What would you call it?

Election integrity?
Old 11-06-2022, 09:05 AM   #1001
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim stop changing the subject gerrymandering is another area Republicans like to cheat on a scale not seen on the democrats side

ah. the democrats cheat, but they do it an acceptable
number of times. The gop, in hour i biased estimate, goes over the allowable frequency.

and i keep forgetting only you get to change the subject. What was i thinking?
Old 11-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #1002
wdmso

US midterms: The conspiracy theorists running to control 2024 vote

A coalition of candidates who have falsely claimed the last US election was stolen is running for office - this time in a bid to control the 2024 vote in key swing states. The group's founders also have deep connections to another conspiracy theory, QAnon.
When Donald Trump called him up onto the stage at a rally in Nevada last month, Jim Marchant seized the opportunity to hammer home his campaign message.
"We have something in common," he told the raucous crowd, with the former president standing beside him. "President Trump and I both lost an election in 2020 because of a rigged election."
While both men continue to spread false theories about their past defeats - the Nevada businessman lost his race for Congress - Mr Marchant also made clear he's looking to the future.
"When my coalition of secretary of state candidates around the country get elected we're going to fix the whole country and President Trump is going to be president again in 2024," he declared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63490938

Jim only you would suggest a serial killer and and a murdered who killed 1 person . Are the same
Old 11-06-2022, 11:06 AM   #1003
Jim in CT

Quote:
US midterms: The conspiracy theorists running to control 2024 vote

A coalition of candidates who have falsely claimed the last US election was stolen is running for office - this time in a bid to control the 2024 vote in key swing states. The group's founders also have deep connections to another conspiracy theory, QAnon.
When Donald Trump called him up onto the stage at a rally in Nevada last month, Jim Marchant seized the opportunity to hammer home his campaign message.
"We have something in common," he told the raucous crowd, with the former president standing beside him. "President Trump and I both lost an election in 2020 because of a rigged election."
While both men continue to spread false theories about their past defeats - the Nevada businessman lost his race for Congress - Mr Marchant also made clear he's looking to the future.
"When my coalition of secretary of state candidates around the country get elected we're going to fix the whole country and President Trump is going to be president again in 2024," he declared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63490938

Jim only you would suggest a serial killer and and a murdered who killed 1 person . Are the same
so your side has cheated a total of
one time? is that what youre saying?
Old 11-06-2022, 01:50 PM   #1004
wdmso

Quote:
so your side has cheated a total of
one time? is that what youre saying?
Playing dumb again ?

Keep trying to suggest your Team isn’t all in on destroying our elections with their never stopping lies . And candidates who’ll only approve elections they win and change the ones they don’t

Why do you support this behavior.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:03 PM   #1005
Jim in CT

Quote:
Playing dumb again ?

Keep trying to suggest your Team isn’t all in on destroying our elections with their never stopping lies . And candidates who’ll only approve elections they win and change the ones they don’t

Why do you support this behavior.
white powder mailed to Keri Lakes campaign hq. that’s not trying to destroy elections

opposing id laws and advocating for mail in balloting, which even according to the NY Times, is vulnerable to fraud.

hunker down, einstein, you’re in for a rough week. your side had the reins for two years. After the afghan disaster,,it was one flop after another.

Fatty Abrams headed to msnbc where she belongs.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:07 PM   #1006
Jim in CT

wayne i posted a video of a liberal
saying if the gop wins, children will
be killed

is that supporting free and informed elections?

have fun answering that.

“i duh, giu took it out of context, a duh…”.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:45 PM   #1007
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim doesn’t realize that it looks as if the Democratic Party will have the best midterm performance by a party in the White House in two decades.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:51 PM   #1008
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim doesn’t realize that it looks as if the Democratic Party will have the best midterm performance by a party in the White House in two decades.
has desantis conceded yet?
Old 11-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #1009
Jim in CT

Quote:
obama lost 13 seats in 2008. the democrats are going to lose more in two days. what data are you looking at?
Old 11-06-2022, 08:56 PM   #1010
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
obama lost 13 seats in 2008. the democrats are going to lose more in two days. what data are you looking at?
The last Trumplican lost the House, Senate and the Presidency.

And you’re still listening to Ronna Romney.

Meanwhile Donald Trump has put Ron DeSantis in a hilariously precarious position. Does he retaliate giving Trump a nickname and further this feud thus alienating the MAGA movement or does he sit there and act like the weak coward he always was? Either way this is going to be ENTERTAINING.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-06-2022, 09:08 PM   #1011
Pete F.
Canceled

ABC/W Post poll (registered voters):

A year ago: R 51% - D 41%. That would have been a wave.

Now: R 49% - D 48%. The one point margin unchanged from six week ago (R 47% - D 46%). Likely voters are almost same at R 50% - D 48%.

No wave. A level playing field with slight R tilt.

NBC poll:

D 47% - R 47% (registered voters).

D 48% - R 47% (likely voters).

A level playing field.

Ya better send Ronna Romney more money
Old 11-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #1012
Jim in CT

Quote:
The last Trumplican lost the House, Senate and the Presidency.

And you’re still listening to Ronna Romney.

Meanwhile Donald Trump has put Ron DeSantis in a hilariously precarious position. Does he retaliate giving Trump a nickname and further this feud thus alienating the MAGA movement or does he sit there and act like the weak coward he always was? Either way this is going to be ENTERTAINING.
what’s your prediction for house seats pete? democrats gain 75?
Old 11-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #1013
Pete F.
Canceled

I’ll leave that to you

Someone who believes they were created by God on the 8th day should be in a psychiatric hospital, not the Floriduh governor's mansion.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:58 PM   #1014
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ll leave that to you

Someone who believes they were created by God on the 8th day should be in a psychiatric hospital, not the Floriduh governor's mansion.
well you said not long ago the democrats were poised to win, you said today they’d do better than -13.

well he is in the FL governors house, and even though his state has more people than the state of NY, FL spends about half what NY spends, there’s no state income tax in FL, and what he created in FL, is a place where huge numbers of people want to move. He’s spending way less money, and creating a place where people are flocking to.

That’s called “winning.”.

i’d say the gop picks up 25-30 house seats ( above average), and senate stays 50-50. but my predictions are awful.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:50 AM   #1015
scottw

Quote:

Meanwhile Donald Trump has put Ron DeSantis in a hilariously precarious position.

this is uniquely republican obviously...

no wait....

“I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden: I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground,” she said, looking over at him. “But I also believe, and it’s personal—it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. And, you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”

Biden, taken aback, plodded through a response. She was mischaracterizing his position, he said. That’s not what he stood for, and she knew that. He found his way to the end of the answer and stopped speaking.

A few minutes later, the moderators paused for a commercial break. Biden leaned over to Pete Buttigieg, at the podium to his right. They barely knew each other, but Biden was looking for someone to share the moment with.

“Well,” he said, according to multiple people to whom the conversation was relayed afterward. “That was some f---ing bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.”

Jill Biden said Kamala Harris could ‘go f*** herself’ after 2019 debate attack on Joe, new book claims...

‘With what he cares about, what he fights for, what he’s committed to, you get up there and call him a racist without basis?’

Old 11-07-2022, 06:12 AM   #1016
Jim in CT

Quote:
this is uniquely republican obviously...

no wait....

“I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden: I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground,” she said, looking over at him. “But I also believe, and it’s personal—it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. And, you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”

Biden, taken aback, plodded through a response. She was mischaracterizing his position, he said. That’s not what he stood for, and she knew that. He found his way to the end of the answer and stopped speaking.

A few minutes later, the moderators paused for a commercial break. Biden leaned over to Pete Buttigieg, at the podium to his right. They barely knew each other, but Biden was looking for someone to share the moment with.

“Well,” he said, according to multiple people to whom the conversation was relayed afterward. “That was some f---ing bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.”

Jill Biden said Kamala Harris could ‘go f*** herself’ after 2019 debate attack on Joe, new book claims...

‘With what he cares about, what he fights for, what he’s committed to, you get up there and call him a racist without basis?’

but it’s OK when democrats do it.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:28 AM   #1017
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim, don’t worry Herschel Walker claims he has a plan to combat inflation, but he’s not giving it away right now because Revered Warnock will steal it.
Ever wonder why Trumplicans don’t explain their plans for battling inflation and reducing prices? Because they don’t exist.

If the GOP regains power, they’ll pass tax cuts for the rich that will not solve inflation. Let me remind you: The GOP doesn't give a damn about inflation. All they care about is padding the pockets of their ultra-rich donors.

Clorox has recently raised prices by 12%. But the company doesn’t have to worry about losing customers because they already control ~60% of the consumer bleach market.

This isn’t the “free” market. Corporations are raising prices because they have the monopoly power to do so.
In some parts of America, Clorox(bleach) is a preferred medicine. Remember.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:51 AM   #1018
scottw

how bitter is pete going to be this week?...
Old 11-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #1019
Jim in CT

Quote:
how bitter is pete going to be this week?...
Hey, my recent predictions in these big elections haven't been much more accurate than Pete's have been, so while I obviously hope he has reason to be bitter, who the heck knows?

I can't believe Fetterman may well be going to the US Senate.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:07 AM   #1020
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim, don’t worry Herschel Walker claims he has a plan to combat inflation, but he’s not giving it away right now because Revered Warnock will steal it.
Ever wonder why Trumplicans don’t explain their plans for battling inflation and reducing prices? Because they don’t exist.

If the GOP regains power, they’ll pass tax cuts for the rich that will not solve inflation. Let me remind you: The GOP doesn't give a damn about inflation. All they care about is padding the pockets of their ultra-rich donors.

Clorox has recently raised prices by 12%. But the company doesn’t have to worry about losing customers because they already control ~60% of the consumer bleach market.

This isn’t the “free” market. Corporations are raising prices because they have the monopoly power to do so.
In some parts of America, Clorox(bleach) is a preferred medicine. Remember.
Who's the victim? Scott destroyed your argument, and I piled on. In what universe would anyone conclude we were the victims in that exchange?

"Poor victim, don’t worry Herschel Walker claims he has a plan to combat inflation, but he’s not giving it away right now because Revered Warnock will steal it. "

Is that sort of like Biden claiming he was going to cure cancer, but only if he won?

"If the GOP regains power, they’ll pass tax cuts for the rich"

Trumps tax cuts did not only benefit the rich. He lowered the marginal rate for every single tax bracket, and he doubled the standard deduction, which increases the number of people who pay nothing.

So I don't know what you're basing it on, when you say the next round of tax cuts will only benefit the wealthy.

"that will not solve inflation."

Is anyone saying tax cuts are the answer to inflation? Having less money in circulation, and addressing supply side issues, will help solve inflation.

"Let me remind you: The GOP doesn't give a damn about inflation. "

If you say so. Funny though, the democrats are the ones who have been dismissing inflation for the past year. Must be nice to be mind reader, I guess that explains why you're always right.

"Clorox has recently raised prices by 12%"

Wages are up, cost of raw materials are up. That means prices will go up.

Your side is whining about price gouging being the main culprit here, and that's easy enough to prove. Look at profit margins (not profit dollars, but margins) for the S&P 500 for the past 20 years.

The 5-year average profit margin for the S&P 500 is 11.3%. For the 3rd quarter 2022, it is 12.0%. Not clear evidence of big time price gouging. profit margins are expected to increase to 12.5% next year. A whopping 1.2% above the 5-year average.

"Corporations are raising prices because they have the monopoly power to do so."

Wages aren't way up? Cost of raw materials aren't way up?

Poor victim.

https://insight.factset.com/sp-500-r...gin%20(11.3%25).