Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2022, 12:46 PM   #1021
Pete F.
Canceled

THREE multibillionaires now own more wealth than the bottom half of America – 160 million Americans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-07-2022, 12:52 PM   #1022
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
THREE multibillionaires now own more wealth than the bottom half of America – 160 million Americans.
did the three billionaires steal anything from anyone Pete?

Even Biden said recently that success isn’t finite, that one persons success isn’t the cause of anyone else’s struggle.

which party is running the federal government at the moment? if that wealth gap is at its worst now, whose fault is it?

The wealth gap isn’t fair, but elon musk isn’t the reason why poor people exist.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #1023
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Why hasn’t Biden fixed this?
Old 11-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #1024
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Even Biden said recently that success isn’t finite, that one persons success isn’t the cause of anyone else’s struggle.

which party is running the federal government at the moment? if that wealth gap is at its worst now, whose fault is it?

The wealth gap isn’t fair, but elon musk isn’t the reason why poor people exist.
Wealth never “trickles down”
It “trickles out” in excess profits, in tax avoidance & tax evasion.
It’s why the gap between rich & poor just grows.
It’s why tax havens & food banks both flourish.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #1025
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wealth never “trickles down”
It “trickles out” in excess profits, in tax avoidance & tax evasion.
It’s why the gap between rich & poor just grows.
It’s why tax havens & food banks both flourish.
Wealth almost always trickles down. Wealthy people don't bury their money in their yards.

Why won't you answer, why didn't the democrats fix this?
Old 11-07-2022, 05:50 PM   #1026
wdmso

Under Republicans, not another penny will go to Ukraine,” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) declared at a stump speech last Thursday in Iowa.

Can’t wait to see the committees she ends up on. So Kevin can be speaker.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:54 PM   #1027
wdmso

Quote:
white powder mailed to Keri Lakes campaign hq. that’s not trying to destroy elections

opposing id laws and advocating for mail in balloting, which even according to the NY Times, is vulnerable to fraud.

hunker down, einstein, you’re in for a rough week. your side had the reins for two years. After the afghan disaster,,it was one flop after another.

Fatty Abrams headed to msnbc where she belongs.
white powder mailed to Keri Lakes campaign hq

How about I respond like you and all you’re republican pals do to everything

It’s was a false flag operation she sent it to herself
Old 11-07-2022, 05:57 PM   #1028
wdmso

Quote:
wayne i posted a video of a liberal
saying if the gop wins, children will
be killed

is that supporting free and informed elections?

have fun answering that.

“i duh, giu took it out of context, a duh…”.
No Jim you posted one comment completely out of contex to the entire rest of the what the man was saying.. trust me no one is surprised
Old 11-08-2022, 06:59 AM   #1029
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I didn’t say he was, you falsely claimed I did

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #1030
scottw

Quote:

I didn’t say he was, you falsely claimed I did

poor victim
Old 11-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #1031
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile the Republican chair of State Assembly's elections committee in Wisconsin tries to get all military ballots thrown out.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:08 AM   #1032
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Why hasn’t Biden fixed this?
Democrats: We'll send nearly $80 billion to the IRS over the next 10 years and improve enforcement against rich tax cheats.

Republicans: We'll cut the IRS budget by 20% and try to prevent the agency from cracking down on tax evasion.

See the difference?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #1033
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No Jim you posted one comment completely out of contex to the entire rest of the what the man was saying.. trust me no one is surprised
ummm no...he was consistently stupid throughout his
remarks.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1588215511808020481
Old 11-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #1034
Jim in CT

Quote:
fine. tell us what the intended context was, i’m which it’s not crazy to say children will be killed if the gop wins

Specify the context that guy meant to use, which i misstated.

I’m certain you do t know what “out of context” means, you just don’t know what else to say.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:41 AM   #1035
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Democrats: We'll send nearly $80 billion to the IRS over the next 10 years and improve enforcement against rich tax cheats.

Republicans: We'll cut the IRS budget by 20% and try to prevent the agency from cracking down on tax evasion.

See the difference?
Are those direct “quotes” again?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-08-2022, 08:59 AM   #1036
wdmso

Quote:
fine. tell us what the intended context was, i’m which it’s not crazy to say children will be killed if the gop wins

Specify the context that guy meant to use, which i misstated.

I’m certain you do t know what “out of context” means, you just don’t know what else to say.

You really are clueless and are in the cult if you actually think he was. saying republicans were going to personal and physically . Kill children by rounding them up

The GOP will be killing more than children and many of their supporters if they do what they want to do and cut entitlements programs
All while once again claiming they are being fiscally responsible .

And don’t even mention how many Ukraines will die this winter when Republicans pull funding

But again you’re ability to see the words of people you disagree with literally .

But all republicans words about the election denialism or not allowing people to fix their ballots and anything that passes their lips

You avoid again and again like the plague..
Old 11-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #1037
scottw

Quote:
You really are clueless and are in the cult if you actually think he was. saying republicans were going to personal and physically . Kill children by rounding them up

The GOP will be killing more than children and many of their supporters if they do what they want to do and cut entitlements programs

And don’t even mention how many Ukraines will die this winter when Republicans pull funding

But again you’re ability to see the words of people you disagree with literally .

But all republicans words about the election denialism or not allowing people to fix their ballots and anything that passes their lips

you probably think this is a meaningful contribution
Old 11-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #1038
wdmso

Kremlin-connected entrepreneur Yevgeny Prigozhin admitted Monday that he had interfered in U.S. elections and would continue to do so — confirming for the first time the accusations that he has rejected for years.

"Gentlemen, we have interfered, are interfering and will interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way, as we know how to do," Prigozhin boasted in remarks posted on social media.

So how should we take this literally or hyperbole

Maybe Scott can tell us
Old 11-08-2022, 10:34 AM   #1039
Jim in CT

Quote:
Kremlin-connected entrepreneur Yevgeny Prigozhin admitted Monday that he had interfered in U.S. elections and would continue to do so — confirming for the first time the accusations that he has rejected for years.

"Gentlemen, we have interfered, are interfering and will interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way, as we know how to do," Prigozhin boasted in remarks posted on social media.

So how should we take this literally or hyperbole

Maybe Scott can tell us
what did they do?
Old 11-08-2022, 10:38 AM   #1040
Jim in CT

Quote:

you tell me i took it in the wrong context, but you won’t tell
us what the correct context was.

i don’t think you watched the video.

watch it, and tell us what he meant. he said children would be arrested and, conceivably killed, if the gop wins.

Please tell me what he meant and what the correct context was.

can you point to a single republicans who said he will vote to gut social
security or medicare? without offering a replacement? who is saying that, exactly? and did they mean it, or are you taking it out of context?

i don’t avoid anything you post. why would
i?
Old 11-08-2022, 12:39 PM   #1041
Pete F.
Canceled

Here ya go and of course they haven’t done it yet, but just like the things the theocratic court would never do…..

1. Top House Republican Kevin McCarthy Hints at Cuts

During a recent interview with Punchbowl News, top House Republican Kevin McCarthy made clear he wanted to cut spending. He did not specifically mention Social Security or Medicare, but they are among the biggest parts of the federal budget and have long been a target of Republicans. McCarthy explained that spending cuts were necessary to reduce the national debt, but his party also wants to extend the Trump tax cuts, which are already on pace to add nearly $2 trillion to the deficit.

2. Influential House Republicans Threaten to Use the Debt Ceiling to Make Cuts to the Programs

The week before McCarthy’s interview, the four Republicans fighting to serve as House Budget Committee Chairman in the next Congress told Bloomberg Government that they would use the debt ceiling deadline to force cuts to programs Democrats support, such as Social Security and Medicare.

“Our main focus has got to be on nondiscretionary—it’s got to be on entitlements,” such as Social Security and Medicare, Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Ga.) said.

The Republicans told Blomberg they wanted to increase the eligibility age for both programs and/or reduce benefits for some wealthier Americans. Rep. Kevin Hern of Oklahoma explicitly stated that the debt ceiling deadline is “obviously a leverage point” for achieving their goals.

Raising the eligibility age is “the worst way to cut benefits,” according to Alicia Munnell, director of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College.

“It hurts most the people who can’t work any longer. These are people with less education and physically harder jobs. They get stuck with lower benefits for the rest of their lives,” she told Politifact.

3. Sen. Ron Johnson Said Social Security and Medicare Should Be Renegotiated Every Single Year

Over the summer, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson straight up came out and said Social Security and Medicare should not be guaranteed—as they currently are—and should instead be negotiated by Congress every single year. Johnson, who is running for a third term in November, made his comments during an interview on the Regular Joe Show, hosted by Joe Giganti.

Speaking on the program, Johnson argued that mandatory programs like Social Security and Medicare should be reformed and fall under “discretionary spending”—which means Congress could cut funding for them or eliminate them altogether.

4. Sen. Rick Scott Said Social Security and Medicare Should Be Renegotiated Every Five Years

In February, Florida Sen. Rick Scott released his “Plan to Rescue America,” a grab-bag of extreme policies, including a proposal to “sunset” all federal legislation in five years, requiring Congress to re-authorize every federal law, including those governing Medicare and Social Security. This would ease the path for Republicans to ultimately kill them.

5. 157 House Republicans Backed Cuts to the Programs

The Republican Study Committee (RSC)—a group of 157 House Republicans—this year released its “Blueprint to Save America,” where they propose raising the eligibility ages for Medicare and Social Security and withholding payments to those who retired early and earned over a certain amount, effectively making cuts to the program.

The RSC isn’t some fringe group; it includes 74% of House Republicans, including North Carolina Senate nominee Ted Budd, who’s previously voted for cuts to Medicare and Social Security, voted to raise the retirement age, and recently hinted he might vote for cuts to the programs in the future.

6. Sen. Lindsey Graham Called Reforming Social Security and Medicare a “Must”

Finally, we come to South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who in June said “entitlement reform is a must” and suggested he’s open to changing the income cap and eligibility age for programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #1042
wdmso

DeSantis official says Justice Dept. can’t send monitors to 3 Florida counties

So much for election integrity

Just another stunt for 2024
Old 11-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #1043
wdmso

Quote:
Here ya go and of course they haven’t done it yet, but just like the things the theocratic court would never do…..

1. Top House Republican Kevin McCarthy Hints at Cuts

During a recent interview with Punchbowl News, top House Republican Kevin McCarthy made clear he wanted to cut spending. He did not specifically mention Social Security or Medicare, but they are among the biggest parts of the federal budget and have long been a target of Republicans. McCarthy explained that spending cuts were necessary to reduce the national debt, but his party also wants to extend the Trump tax cuts, which are already on pace to add nearly $2 trillion to the deficit.

2. Influential House Republicans Threaten to Use the Debt Ceiling to Make Cuts to the Programs

The week before McCarthy’s interview, the four Republicans fighting to serve as House Budget Committee Chairman in the next Congress told Bloomberg Government that they would use the debt ceiling deadline to force cuts to programs Democrats support, such as Social Security and Medicare.

“Our main focus has got to be on nondiscretionary—it’s got to be on entitlements,” such as Social Security and Medicare, Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Ga.) said.

The Republicans told Blomberg they wanted to increase the eligibility age for both programs and/or reduce benefits for some wealthier Americans. Rep. Kevin Hern of Oklahoma explicitly stated that the debt ceiling deadline is “obviously a leverage point” for achieving their goals.

Raising the eligibility age is “the worst way to cut benefits,” according to Alicia Munnell, director of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College.

“It hurts most the people who can’t work any longer. These are people with less education and physically harder jobs. They get stuck with lower benefits for the rest of their lives,” she told Politifact.

3. Sen. Ron Johnson Said Social Security and Medicare Should Be Renegotiated Every Single Year

Over the summer, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson straight up came out and said Social Security and Medicare should not be guaranteed—as they currently are—and should instead be negotiated by Congress every single year. Johnson, who is running for a third term in November, made his comments during an interview on the Regular Joe Show, hosted by Joe Giganti.

Speaking on the program, Johnson argued that mandatory programs like Social Security and Medicare should be reformed and fall under “discretionary spending”—which means Congress could cut funding for them or eliminate them altogether.

4. Sen. Rick Scott Said Social Security and Medicare Should Be Renegotiated Every Five Years

In February, Florida Sen. Rick Scott released his “Plan to Rescue America,” a grab-bag of extreme policies, including a proposal to “sunset” all federal legislation in five years, requiring Congress to re-authorize every federal law, including those governing Medicare and Social Security. This would ease the path for Republicans to ultimately kill them.

5. 157 House Republicans Backed Cuts to the Programs

The Republican Study Committee (RSC)—a group of 157 House Republicans—this year released its “Blueprint to Save America,” where they propose raising the eligibility ages for Medicare and Social Security and withholding payments to those who retired early and earned over a certain amount, effectively making cuts to the program.

The RSC isn’t some fringe group; it includes 74% of House Republicans, including North Carolina Senate nominee Ted Budd, who’s previously voted for cuts to Medicare and Social Security, voted to raise the retirement age, and recently hinted he might vote for cuts to the programs in the future.

6. Sen. Lindsey Graham Called Reforming Social Security and Medicare a “Must”

Finally, we come to South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who in June said “entitlement reform is a must” and suggested he’s open to changing the income cap and eligibility age for programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Jim doesn’t understand fox doesn’t play those clips ..
Old 11-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #1044
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
DeSantis official says Justice Dept. can’t send monitors to 3 Florida counties

So much for election integrity

Just another stunt for 2024
What are you worried about? Election fraud is a hoax, remember

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #1045
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim doesn’t understand fox doesn’t play those clips ..
jim understands that pete’s “examples” state that McCarthy never specified social security or medicare.

i asked for examples of republicans who are on record for saying they’ll do what you accuse them
of. seems like you ought o be able to provide some examples if you didn’t make it up.

SS needs to be modified, it’s bleeding money. raising age requirements and telling zillionaires they won’t get benefits, might save SS.

Wayne, are you aware that SS will be bankrupt in our lifetimes? what would you do about it?

meinst see one example, ZERO, of proposed gutting of SS.

i’m not eligible until I’m 67.5, that’s older than my parents. minimum ages have been increased before.

Wayne i know you’re in a union, and you therefore have been told that pensions can be funded with hugs and folk songs, but it ain’t so.

When will
florida children start getting slaughtered? that’s what the gop wants to do right? kill kids and eliminate SS and medicare.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #1046
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ummm no...he was consistently stupid throughout his
remarks.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1588215511808020481

this is your source The Post Millennial is a conservative Canadian online news magazine started in 2017. It publishes national and local news and has a large amount of opinion content. It has been criticized for publishing false and misleading stories about COVID-19] as well as its opaque funding and political connections.

funny look who responded to this

Kyle Rittenhouse
@ThisIsKyleR
·
7h
Vote like your right to bear arms depends on it.

and
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
21h
It’s good to know Democrats still have job options after tomorrow!

and of course Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸
@RepMTG
·
8h
I wish Pres Trump announced last night in Ohio, but he chose to put everyone else first.

He’s held 30 rallies in 17 states, hosted 43 telerallies & 52 candidate fundraisers, & endorsed 285 candidates while being politically persecuted.

He’s put everyone else first all along.

Keep denying your not a MAGA lover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fg_rwr5XwAM-nEl.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	69312  
Old 11-08-2022, 03:32 PM   #1047
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
What are you worried about? Election fraud is a hoax, remember
whos worried? just more of the same Hypocritical nonsense from the right..

Next hey will be saying their going to fix inflation and lower gas Prices
by investigating Hunter .. and you'll Heal like a good dog
Old 11-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #1048
wdmso

Quote:
jim understands that pete’s “examples” state that McCarthy never specified social security or medicare.

i asked for examples of republicans who are on record for saying they’ll do what you accuse them
of. seems like you ought o be able to provide some examples if you didn’t make it up.

SS needs to be modified, it’s bleeding money. raising age requirements and telling zillionaires they won’t get benefits, might save SS.

Wayne, are you aware that SS will be bankrupt in our lifetimes? what would you do about it?

meinst see one example, ZERO, of proposed gutting of SS.

i’m not eligible until I’m 67.5, that’s older than my parents. minimum ages have been increased before.

Wayne i know you’re in a union, and you therefore have been told that pensions can be funded with hugs and folk songs, but it ain’t so.

When will
florida children start getting slaughtered? that’s what the gop wants to do right? kill kids and eliminate SS and medicare.

McCarthy never specified social security or medicare. or any policy if you want to be 100% correct

And keep your head in the sand GOP policies don't kill children ..

Ask the parents of the children from uvalde .. how they like Abbotts wild wild west Gun policies
Old 11-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #1049
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim you’ll be all set, with Republicans denying women the right to make their own reproductive decisions, there will be a dramatic increase of children born into untenable financial circumstances. This undoubtedly will increase the number of women who will need to move back in with their parents. And, with Republicans promising to kill social security, this will put many seniors in difficult financial circumstances, resulting in seniors needing to move in with their adult children. So this cruel combination of Republican priorities pretty much guarantees painful and harmful circumstances for wide swaths of the population.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:21 PM   #1050
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you’ll be all set, with Republicans denying women the right to make their own reproductive decisions, there will be a dramatic increase of children born into untenable financial circumstances. This undoubtedly will increase the number of women who will need to move back in with their parents. And, with Republicans promising to kill social security, this will put many seniors in difficult financial circumstances, resulting in seniors needing to move in with their adult children. So this cruel combination of Republican priorities pretty much guarantees painful and harmful circumstances for wide swaths of the population.
pete, what’s your opinion of the poll you shared recently, that showed Crist winning?

would you rather be born into untenable financial circumstances, or be slaughtered? me and my brothers were born into rough financial circumstances. But it was a lot better than being slaughtered.

If women don’t want to raise the baby, there’s this thing called “adoption” that liberals never, ever mention. No one has to raise a baby. Nobody. There’s a huge waiting list of desperate people who
want a baby.

Look it up. It’s true!

How was Crists acceptance speech? Was it good?

You’ll be ok. Probably not a red tsunami. Just a normal pendulum
swing to the right. Probably.