Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #181
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
last time, it’s in the link, they tried to decertify the results in some states that trump won, when they had zero evidence that anything improper happened

you’re all over place. you pasted the definition of overthrow which blew up right in your face as they explicitly satisfied at least a half dozen definitions you provided.

I don’t even know what you’re saying now. But the dems lost in 2016, and some tried to undermine the fair election because they didn’t like the result. They made a proposal in Congress and couldn’t get enough people to get on board. but they tried. They tried to throw out an election result because they lost.

Like talking to a dim witted child.
This is why you have no friends here and I think you are a #^&#^&#^&#^&.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #182
wdmso

There is Only 1 dim witted child. Who Keeps beating a square peg into a round hole ..

This must be Jim’s sources Dinesh D’Souza, a conservative political commentator, equated the two efforts and said the 2016 bid probably inspired then-President Trump in 2020 to pursue the alternate electors’ route. The scheme has become a focus of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

“I’m chuckling about the fake outrage over Trump seeking alternate electors for the 2020 election,” tweeted D’Souza. He then misleadingly claimed, “The Left and the Democrats were calling for alternate electors after the 2016 election. Trump most likely got the idea FROM THEM.”

In 2016, a small group of Democratic electors pledged to vote for another candidate in the hopes of swaying Republican electors to vote for anyone but Trump.

Justice Elena Kagan wrote for the court.

Four Democratic electors from Washington state who were part of the effort to encourage GOP electors to abandon their pledges were fined $1,000 each under their state’s law. The fifth Democrat cast his vote in Hawaii,

Oh the Horror

While the 2016 effort was aimed at influencing duly chosen electors, the 2020 push sought to create lists of electors who would vote for Trump in battleground states that he lost and where the Republicans falsely claimed there had been widespread election irregularities.

Trump challenges to election counts (which included baseless challenges by Sidney Powell, Rudolph Giuliani, and Mike Lindell of MyPillow) were consistently and firmly rejected as unfounded by courts that examined the issue, so the attempt to replace one set of electors with another would have resembled a coup rather than an attempt to remedy electoral irregularities,

did Dems do that? So please keep preaching your revisionist History lessons that only the MAGA Faithful actually think happened

How do you explain this. 70% of Republicans think Trump won

And Nearly 1 in 3 Republican candidates for statewide office support false election claims

But some how I am the Child . For calling out half truths and Republican deeds before during and on going attempts to influence current elections with deceit and misinformation…

Jim it’s not the 30% of Republicans that worries me ..

It’s That 70%! That should scare the 30% of your fellow Republicans. To death because they are coming for them next And that should worry everyone
Old 09-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
There is Only 1 dim witted child. Who Keeps beating a square peg into a round hole ..

This must be Jim’s sources Dinesh D’Souza, a conservative political commentator, equated the two efforts and said the 2016 bid probably inspired then-President Trump in 2020 to pursue the alternate electors’ route. The scheme has become a focus of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

“I’m chuckling about the fake outrage over Trump seeking alternate electors for the 2020 election,” tweeted D’Souza. He then misleadingly claimed, “The Left and the Democrats were calling for alternate electors after the 2016 election. Trump most likely got the idea FROM THEM.”

In 2016, a small group of Democratic electors pledged to vote for another candidate in the hopes of swaying Republican electors to vote for anyone but Trump.

Justice Elena Kagan wrote for the court.

Four Democratic electors from Washington state who were part of the effort to encourage GOP electors to abandon their pledges were fined $1,000 each under their state’s law. The fifth Democrat cast his vote in Hawaii,

Oh the Horror

While the 2016 effort was aimed at influencing duly chosen electors, the 2020 push sought to create lists of electors who would vote for Trump in battleground states that he lost and where the Republicans falsely claimed there had been widespread election irregularities.

Trump challenges to election counts (which included baseless challenges by Sidney Powell, Rudolph Giuliani, and Mike Lindell of MyPillow) were consistently and firmly rejected as unfounded by courts that examined the issue, so the attempt to replace one set of electors with another would have resembled a coup rather than an attempt to remedy electoral irregularities,

did Dems do that? So please keep preaching your revisionist History lessons that only the MAGA Faithful actually think happened

And Nearly 1 in 3 Republican candidates for statewide office support false election claims

But some how I am the Child . For calling out half truths and Republican deeds before during and on going attempts to influence current elections with deceit and misinformation…

It’s That 70%! That should scare the 30% of your fellow Republicans. To death because they are coming for them next And that should worry everyone
except, I've told you 100 times I hate what Trump did. So not one person here, has a clue who or what you're responding to.

Just tell me why I'm wrong when I say that after the 2016 trump win, a small number of democrats in congress tried to steal the election from him? Ignoring me doesn't make me wrong, insulting me doesn't make me wrong. Just explain why I'm wrong?

Add that (explain why I'm wrong?) to a long list of simple questions I've asked you, which you are too scared to answer.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #184
Jim in CT

Quote:

Oh the Horror

"Four Democratic electors from Washington state who were part of the effort to encourage GOP electors to abandon their pledges were fined $1,000 each under their state’s law. The fifth Democrat cast his vote in Hawaii,

Oh the Horror "

Since I never, ever brought up this incident in Washington (never heard of it until just now), we have no clue why you brought it up, or what you're responding to. You know full well what I'm referring to.

"How do you explain this. 70% of Republicans think Trump won"

That's easy! They're gullible and/or stupid! When did I ever come close to defending the stupid argument that Biden stole the 2020 election? When have I ever said anything close to that? Again, you're responding to something I never said, because you're even you know you can't respond to what I am actually saying.

You asked, I answered.

I'll give you another chance to show me the same courtesy...why was it OK when a handful of democrats in the US House of Representatives (not talking about Washington State) tried to de-certify Trump 2016 wins in a few states, when there was zero evidence the elections weren't fair in those states?

You ask a question, I answer...

I ask a question, you dodge.

Trump tried to steal 2020, and a few Congressional democrats in Washington DC (which is different from Washington State, in case you didn't know) tried to steal the 2016 election. Both attempts failed. I hate both attempts, you only hate one because you're a thoughtless zombie.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #185
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
you pasted the definition of overthrow which blew up right in your face as they explicitly satisfied at least a half dozen definitions you provided.
Actually it doesn’t meet any of the definitions, to be overthrown you actually have to be in power at the time. Neither president nor their administrations were in place at those times.

Now Steal the Election would probably be a more Apropos.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-29-2022, 05:32 PM   #186
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Actually it doesn’t meet any of the definitions, to be overthrown you actually have to be in power at the time. Neither president nor their administrations were in place at those times.

true, but what both parties did do, was try to overturn an election that they lost. Neither side had a legitimate reason to do so, but they were just sore losers. whatever you want to call it, the democrats did it in 2017 and trump/allies did it in 2021. but it’s only problematic when republicans do it.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #187
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Your heads not to deep in the sand
Old 09-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #188
wdmso

Quote:
true, but what both parties did do, was try to overturn an election that they lost. Neither side had a legitimate reason to do so, but they were just sore losers. whatever you want to call it, the democrats did it in 2017 and trump/allies did it in 2021. but it’s only problematic when republicans do it.
but what both parties did do, was try to overturn an election

You love your lie don’t you
Old 09-29-2022, 05:47 PM   #189
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Your heads not to deep in the sand
Please tell me you donated that brain of yours to science, it’s a god damn miracle of science.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-01-2022, 11:45 PM   #190
Pete F.
Canceled

All the Trumpkins who demanded that Former-President Obama should open up his Martha's Vineyard private home to displaced migrants seem oddly quiet about Former-President Trump opening up his Mar-a-Lago public hotel to his fellow Floridians displaced by Hurricane Ian.