Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 01-22-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Flag

Storms seem to now always come with high winds and I’m tired of replacing flags before even getting a year out of them, so I’m finishing up a permanent replacement to mount below my eagle.

Also wrapped up a fun guitar which is available if anyone is interested, as is the crane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67FB0758-1BA2-40BA-867B-B4C03AF095AA.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	806.6 KB
ID:	69456   Click image for larger version

Name:	85678FE2-3C06-43DA-984E-72E53E9D14BF.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	663.1 KB
ID:	69457   Click image for larger version

Name:	9F6A6E9E-3096-4362-ABD0-45B79509F76F.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	69458  
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:02 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

That flag is now up to permanently replace the wind torn flag and I was really happy with how it turned out, so I’ve started another to sell. I have a good idea on previous carvings, but don’t have a good idea what to charge, feedback would be appreciated. It’s 40” x 20” x 2”, white pine, painted and sealed with multiple coats of spar urethane.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:16 PM   #3
redlite

Cool
There is a guy down the street from me here in Westport that has made a killing off of making flags out of essentially butcher block countertops to hang in houses that the yuppies can't get enough of. From the pics yours looks more artistic. I ll find out how much he charges and perhaps that would give u a benchmark to work from. Will update this weekend.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:19 PM   #4
redlite

I have mentioned it before. Look into Jesse "the machine" Greene on the internet and check out some of his chainsaw work. He is a fraternity brother that was a visual art major at UMD that would piss me off and wake me up all the time and we would battle learning how to do these chain saw carvings at my house ( which he did not live at) learning how to do it. He got so good had his own show on national graphic tv. He prints money doin it now. People commisiom him small fortunes to come turn cut down trees/ stumps into things.
redlite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
I have mentioned it before. Look into Jesse "the machine" Greene on the internet and check out some of his chainsaw work. He is a fraternity brother that was a visual art major at UMD that would piss me off and wake me up all the time and we would battle learning how to do these chain saw carvings at my house ( which he did not live at) learning how to do it. He got so good had his own show on national graphic tv. He prints money doin it now. People commisiom him small fortunes to come turn cut down trees/ stumps into things.
I’m friends with a number of professionals, so I know what they might charge, but markets differ and I was curious what the average Joe in mass or RI might pay.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Its Patriotic carving day, finished up these two, the eagles just need a couple coats of spar urethane, pm me if anyone is interested. The eagles are carved the same basically on boat sides, would make a cool book end project for someone for something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	945.6 KB
ID:	69555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	817.0 KB
ID:	69556