Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans wanted and impeached Clinton for lying under oath about a BJ let me say again lying about a BJ ...trump lying no big deal ..

Uh, oh, this is a whataboutism . . . according to you, whastaboutisms are not valid or not something good or something.

But the current Republicans and Trump supporters proclaim where's the proof ... when its Crystal clear they will only wont accept the Truth rather only the truth they want to see ...

Pretty much sounds like the current Republicans are a lot like you.

it shows here all the time Benghazi, the uranium deal , the Clinton foundation .. over and over... each one has been de bunked at every turn .. but still breath life on the right .. facts dont matter

See, there you go again . . . bringing up Benghazi. You just can't let it go. It still has a breath of life for you.

now Bannon book is out .. this is what happens when you dont pay your bills
A Washington Post review pretty much says that it should be read with a grain of salt . . . that a lot of the stuff in it is literally unbelievable. But it will probably have a long breath of life for you.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Uh, oh, this is a whataboutism . . . according to you, whastaboutisms are not valid or not something good or something.
I'd say he made a very valid comparison. If the standard for impeachment is lying about a consensual (if unethical) little tryst I'd say Trump has likely reached far, far beyond.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd say he made a very valid comparison. If the standard for impeachment is lying about a consensual (if unethical) little tryst I'd say Trump has likely reached far, far beyond.
Valid or not, it's still a whataboutism. WDMSO scoffs at what others consider valid comparisons and calls them whataboutisms. I like to remind him of his hypocrisy.

The difference, so far, is the "under oath" bit. It wasn't about the tryst, it was about lying under oath. I don't know if Trump has even reached that far yet.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
wdmso

just more of the same... Republicans demanding proof and evidence
against Trump ...

however Republicans do not demanding proof or evidence against a democrat or any investigation or hearing they lead ... the love painting an Impressionism portrait 1st.. then try to get the pieces to fit

why is that ?

why are they trying to discredit Muller at every turn? if they support MAGA