Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
because Biden was trying to convince people not to do something versus the Republicans who actually refused to do what they were supposed to do, It was much later in the election year and there was no SC vacancy. He was saying they should wait until after the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
DId Biden support something you said was scummy? Yes or no?
Old 10-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sen. Hawkeye to Barrett: "I'm surprised that the Democrats haven't criticized you about your religion today. So let ME go ahead and bring up your religion now and make it an issue."
That's 7 Trumplican Senators that have mentioned her faith repeatedly over two days, and not a word from the D's.
He has nothing else to bring to the table. Just another guy using the GOP playbook of dividing the country through religion, race, and culture. They have absolutely nothing else to run on. Just look at the past 4 years.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:24 AM   #63
scottw

well, trump has the democrats fighting with their most reliable media mouthpieces...crazy nancy accuses wolfie and his cnn colleagues of being
"apologists" for republicans??? bizzaro world....it's a magical place

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/...n_live_tv.html
Old 10-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Did I miss the promised release by Trump of the so-much-better health plan than the ACA? Or is he releasing his tax returns first?
Old 10-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Did I miss the promised release by Trump of the so-much-better health plan than the ACA? Or is he releasing his tax returns first?
He's already removed the worst part of the ACA and the rest can remain in place until the Repubs gain enough power to pass some of the more free market plans or whatever new thing they can scramble together. The federal government must get out of its debt busting unconstitutional schemes.

His tax returns are in an ongoing dispute and investigation, as you know and have "exposed," the validity of what his tax lawyers/accountants claimed as deductions. That's what he means when he says his returns are under audit.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:14 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He's already removed the worst part of the ACA and the rest can remain in place until the Repubs gain enough power to pass some of the more free market plans or whatever new thing they can scramble together. The federal government must get out of its debt busting unconstitutional schemes.

His tax returns are in an ongoing dispute and investigation, as you know and have "exposed," the validity of what his tax lawyers/accountants claimed as deductions. That's what he means when he says his returns are under audit.
He’s said it’s coming in two weeks many times, sort of like his infrastructure lies.
Which are like his tax and wealth lies.
All lies

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
He’s said it’s coming in two weeks many times, sort of like his infrastructure lies.
Which are like his tax and wealth lies.
All lies
Blah, blah
Old 10-16-2020, 06:49 AM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Blah, blah
Another great Presidential quote

Does Biden have to report Donald Trump's town hall as an in-kind contribution?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
Another great Presidential quote

Does Biden have to report Donald Trump's town hall as an in-kind contribution?
Blah blah blah blah
Old 10-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #70
scottw

did the head of the biden crime syndicate pat g. stepanopolous on the top of the head and thank him for the foot massage?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah
You keep posting Covita’s answers, you must have watched last night

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
You keep posting Covita’s answers, you must have watched last night
Yes, in spite of detesting these things called debates which really are not debates, I did watch because my wife asked me to. I think these debates are meant to be hit jobs on Trump. And what I saw last night, confirmed my opinion. If Savannah Guthrie doesn't know that Trump has several times denounced white supremacy in no uncertain terms, something that can be very easily verified, destroys any notion of her being an honest "moderator." And asking the idiot question if Trump would accept a peaceful transition of power after he has had a four year war against against his being elected to power, and when the media she represents has not badgered Biden if he would do the same, exposes what a hack hit job she was trying to perpetrate with her immoderate, prosecutorial method and attitude laced throughout the show with questions meant to influence the jury to convict rather than trying expose any relevant truth.

And yeah, the same dirty prosecutorial trick of withholding evidence, insinuating guilt, and making false accusations, is being exposed, as if we didn't already know what the leftist media is up to. The obvious hypocrisy of the left wing media is in full array as it tries to suppress the latest NY Post's articles on Biden and his son. Ohhh, right, it might be fake, it's not verified, it's in the public interest not to air something that might not be true . . . but it was a duty for four years to print a whole host of continuing accusations about Trump that were far more outrageous and unverified, and accepting illegally provided leaks of investigations which had not yet arrived at a conclusion if those leaks were damaging to Trump.

And yeah, you wallow in this continual blah, blah, blah.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

You sound like McEnany playing all the victim cards but ya know if everyone is against you maybe there’s a reason

“TWITTER is against us.

THE MEDIA is against us.

BIG TECH is against us.

THE SWAMP is against us.

THE DEEP STATE is against us.

THE HOLLYWOOD ELITE is against us.

CHINA is against us.

But President Trump has the WORKING MAN AND WOMAN and NOTHING can beat that‼️“

Apparently Russia is for him though.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:09 PM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
You sound like McEnany playing all the victim cards but ya know if everyone is against you maybe there’s a reason

“TWITTER is against us.

THE MEDIA is against us.

BIG TECH is against us.

THE SWAMP is against us.

THE DEEP STATE is against us.

THE HOLLYWOOD ELITE is against us.

CHINA is against us.

These are all in various degrees true.

But President Trump has the WORKING MAN AND WOMAN and NOTHING can beat that‼️“

This is in various degrees true.

Apparently Russia is for him though.
That last one is apparently mixed. It is apparent that Russia has been trying to destroy our confidence in our system and our politics. Its being "for him" may well be a temporary and changeable part of its overall plan of putting our politics and confidence in disarray--which wouldn't be all that beneficial to Trump.

Oh and you forgot to mention a very large part of the media, such as Fox, several major print publications, lot's of folks on twitter, a huge pro-Trump, anti-leftist, number of blogs, shows, news orgs, on the internet media. Your above list is bigly wanting. It's an add on to your never ending blah, blah, blah.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

That was McEnany’s list, though she does have a history of uttering falsehoods, or to put it plainly, lying
Old 10-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
That was McEnany’s list, though she does have a history of uttering falsehoods, or to put it plainly, lying
As I said, her list is in various degrees true. I don't think the last thing that you mentioned is hers, and is "mixed" and not necessarily a support of Trump as much as just trying to mess up our politics.

And I don't know about her history of lying, but you have an ample one on this forum Maybe your not only a lot like your portrayal of Trump, but also like McEnany .
Old 10-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

I kinda like what James Carville wrote, that’s been echoed by others from Amash to Sasse

“Just days away, a unified and electrified coalition of Americans, coming together like our country did in World War II, standing united to send a message that will be heard around the world to all those who look with expectant hope to the America that led the crusade more than half a century ago: That America has not succumbed to a demagogue and would-be autocrat. That we have overcome. And that Donald J. Trump is not who we are.

In just a short time, America will go from its darkest hour to its finest hour.“
Old 10-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
I kinda like what James Carville wrote, that’s been echoed by others from Amash to Sasse

“Just days away, a unified and electrified coalition of Americans, coming together like our country did in World War II, standing united to send a message that will be heard around the world to all those who look with expectant hope to the America that led the crusade more than half a century ago: That America has not succumbed to a demagogue and would-be autocrat. That we have overcome. And that Donald J. Trump is not who we are.

In just a short time, America will go from its darkest hour to its finest hour.“
Carville and "others" are not who we are. We are not an electrified coalition of Americans who prefer to vote for those who would destroy the Constitution and transform America into a centralized all powerful state of bureaucratic rules and regulations which dictates to us what rights they allow us to have.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

We will see what Americans say in less than three weeks
Old 10-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
We will see what Americans say in less than three weeks
Deep stuff.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:30 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Voting is pretty important in my view, Covita’s view seems to be he just deserves to be elected
Old 10-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
Voting is pretty important in my view, Covita’s view seems to be he just deserves to be elected
This is really critical information and important opinion that we should know before November. Everyone should pay attention.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly has told friends, about Trump: “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."
Old 10-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #85
detbuch

Quote:
Wow! Hey folks, Team 46 is voting for Trump. Pete F has a lot of really good and important information to help us vote. This is a game changer!
Old 10-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #86
spence

Quote:
Carville and "others" are not who we are. We are not an electrified coalition of Americans who prefer to vote for those who would destroy the Constitution and transform America into a centralized all powerful state of bureaucratic rules and regulations which dictates to us what rights they allow us to have.
That's not what's on the ballot and this notion that Trump is somehow preserving anything resembling a Constitutional structure is idiotic.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #87
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's not what's on the ballot and this notion that Trump is somehow preserving anything resembling a Constitutional structure is idiotic.
It was a response to Pete F's post, not a specific item on the ballot. The ballot is mostly a bunch of names. Presumably, those names stand for something. What they stand for has a lot to do with the form of government we will have. That includes the structure of the Constitution.

Trump's actions and that of the party he represents have been way more within bounds of the Constitution than what Progressive Dems want the ability of the federal government to do. The whole Progressive notion of government by unbounded administrative power is outside the restrictions of the Constitution. The Progressive founding in this country specifically stated that the Constitution is no longer suitable for governing in our time. Honest Progressive academics including political scientists and Progressive constitutional law professors have echoed the founding Progressive principles, that we no longer operate under constitutional limitations and that the centralized administrative state is the more functional and efficient way to govern this country.