Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
Even a nationwide march on washington would result in a slow change if any change at all. Just not enough people would paticipate.

the easiest way to make changes in a free market is with your dollars.

Carpool
Mass Transportation
alternative fuels

Make the changes that can make the situation more palitable for you. Change your lifestyle to not consume so much foreign oil. Then at least YOU are not impacted by fluctuation.

If we all took the energy we spent bitching about one administration or the next and used it to better our own situation things woud change.

I am guess sales on Hummers, Suburbans, Excusions, Escalades will go in the toilet, but we are still at the will of OPEC, until we as a whole change.

I think everyone knows if we wait for the government - we are just wasting time.

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Newboater

One of the Few ??

I am one of the few who would love to hear that speech. After 30 years in the military, I have seen the respect shown to the United States dwindle too much. The only folks that speak kindly of us are the 50+ generation. To everyone else, we are the object of their anger. Why? Because they are jealous of us.

I'll suck it up with my truck and car. Less trips for no real reason. Food shopping organized to go out and back doing everything thats needed in one trip. Vacations ? I got a pool and a back yard and hot dogs and burgers.

Sarge

The Ole Sarge
RC&SU (Rude Crude & Socially Unacceptable)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Newboater is offline   Reply With Quote