Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #1
Jim in CT

not far off to say media is the enemy

in Seattle, a BLM protester was killed by a car while standing in a highway.

The driver of the car was black. He was driving a nice car. ABC ignored the race of the driver, but said in its headline that she was killed by a “luxury car”.

ignoring the race of the driver, and emphasizing that it was a luxury car. who thinks that was innocent reporting, and who thinks it was done to fam the flames of unrest?

“enemy of the people”? i hated it when Trump said it. But is it far off? when you see reporting like this, deceptive reporting done specifically to increase racial tensions, is it that far off? I don’t think so.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
spence

Reputable reporters follow journalistic standards in their reporting. They might not include an element like a persons race unless verifiable facts indicated it had a material impact on the reader’s ability to learn from the story. This is why stories often evolve to include more information as it is verified or retract information that is shown to be wrong. Bringing up race until a motive is more clear could confuse or give the reader a false impression.

It’s not fake news, just the opposite.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Reputable reporters follow journalistic standards in their reporting. They might not include an element like a persons race unless verifiable facts indicated it had a material impact on the reader’s ability to learn from the story. This is why stories often evolve to include more information as it is verified or retract information that is shown to be wrong. Bringing up race until a motive is more clear could confuse or give the reader a false impression.

You are completely effed in the head
Old 07-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

OMG

you shoulda been a lawyer

you wrote that but how in the hell can you believe that

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
OMG

you shoulda been a lawyer

you wrote that but how in the hell can you believe that
Because it’s how journalists operate. It is a profession with standards that unfortunately are being undermined by blogs, memes and social media...

Old 07-06-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

That profession has more self inflicted wounds than you could ever lay blame at the feet of bloggers.

If you are paying attention, that is.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-06-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
RickBomba

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...ial%20Election
Old 07-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
You are completely effed in the head
imagine the mindset of being able
to say that with a straight face. does he give sean hannity the same benefit of the doubt?
Old 07-06-2020, 08:15 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
imagine the mindset of being able
to say that with a straight face. does he give sean hannity the same benefit of the doubt?
Sean Hannity isn't a journalist. Doesn’t even pretend to be one. Do a little google Jim.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Sean Hannity isn't a journalist. Doesn’t even pretend to be one. Do a little google Jim.
They really are the enemy! I just checked and they (the media) also refused to tell us the ethnicity of the person who drove a pickup truck into protestors in Tallahassee or the semi truck driver in Minnesota. Wtf? They said things like "motive unknown at this time" and "semi-truck" but conveniently forgot to mention that they were driven by white men. I think Spence and Bubba Wallace both need to apologize.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:27 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

Because it’s how journalists operate. It is a profession with standards

this is lunacy ....most "journalists" have no "journalistic" standards and operate as trained political activists and sensationalists with an agenda...it's laughable for you to even suggest that though not surprising
Old 07-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #12
wdmso

Has @BubbaWallace apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!

But as usual Jim does no research

This is a tweet from a state trooper

Here are two pictures of the suspect vehicle that struck two protesters on I-5 this morning. Investigation into motive and point of entry in to I-5 are still under investigation.

Yet over at the big house i mean white house .. Trump is calling people enemys ofbamerica while imbracing confederate flags and defending their heros .. but the usual suspects silence on the behavor is noticed

Last edited by wdmso; 07-07-2020 at 02:20 AM..
Old 07-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #13
spence

Just read another article about it the radical liberal anarchist antifa rag the Wall Street journal.

No mention of race.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:01 PM   #14
wdmso

Seems senator lindsey graham has jumped on the the left's is the enemy of America on the Hannity ( over at state TV) show told The viewer's the left is Trying to change your country

Your country.... Humm
Old 07-09-2020, 07:12 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

Your President
Hmmmm...

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN