Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
detbuch

Intelligence agencies did not warn Trump as Pete F claims.

I had asked Pete F to tell us what exactly our intelligence agencies told Trump early on about the COVID-19 which the President supposedly ignored. I guess the reason he couldn't tell us is probably because those warnings didn't exist.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/04/28/827136/
Old 04-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #2
hq2

Need to research it; I have. There were quite a few warnings, which he ignored.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
Need to research it; I have. There were quite a few warnings, which he ignored.
What were the warnings?
Old 04-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly boy of course the agencies we pay for had less info than the WHO
Why would anyone think that our agencies could know more?
Is this your claim?
Old 04-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #5
hq2

Google “Trump Coronavirus warnings” and see what you get. There’s plenty.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Washington Post
NY Times
Vanity Fair
CNN
Aljazeera
Vox.com

every single source listed is left leaning bias opinion not credible news source. None of them state an actual fact to show any evidence whatsoever.

Why do you think the liberal states are slow to open things back up? If it is not obvious by now to anyone in the center, then you are not paying attention. If you do not see that it is about control, you are F ing blind

It is disgusting how these people are making this crisis political.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
All you can find are "reports" of intel warnings. But no actual examples. The article I posted responded to the notion that there were multiple warnings by the intelligence agency thusly:

Again, no evidence. No examples of the warnings are produced. No count of the warnings given. Just a bald assertion that this was some serious sh** being reported and Trump refused to act.

The denial of the factual basis for the [Washington Post] report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence was relegated to this mush in paragraph 9:

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence is responsible for the PDB. In response to questions about the repeated mentions of coronavirus, a DNI official said, “The detail of this is not true.” The official declined to explain or elaborate.

Richard Grennell acting director of DNI said this of the reports:
This isn’t true. And we told you this before you wrote. And you put the DNI denial of your premise in paragraph 9.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-30-2020 at 12:07 AM..
Old 04-30-2020, 05:14 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Washington Post
NY Times
Vanity Fair
CNN
Aljazeera
Vox.com

every single source listed is left leaning bias opinion not credible news source. None of them state an actual fact to show any evidence whatsoever.

Why do you think the liberal states are slow to open things back up? If it is not obvious by now to anyone in the center, then you are not paying attention. If you do not see that it is about control, you are F ing blind

the MSM is nothing more than politically biased instigators and agitators....it's pathetic

the democrat governors are enjoying their power and their daily television show too much to let a good opportunity go to waste...our Gina has become WAY too comfortable with the phrase "you must obey"....they love telling you what you must and must not do and where you can and cannot go every minute of every day....

some great questions here ...

Last edited by scottw; 04-30-2020 at 06:01 AM..
Old 04-30-2020, 06:34 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Grennell is the acting DNI since mid February because his sole qualification is that he is a Trumplican
He would not make it thru the legally required Senate process to become DNI.
Mr. Grenell has no experience as an intelligence officer at any level, nor has he overseen a large government bureaucracy. He has served in government only as communications director for the U.S. ambassador to the U.N. during the George W. Bush administration, and since May 2018 as ambassador to Germany. (In the interim, he founded and ran a public affairs consultancy, advising and commenting on Fox News.)
Old 04-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
wdmso

Wow Trump defenders love finding that 1 needle in a haystack ,, whether its hydroxychloroquine, climate change , or any other Topic where there more info against Their version of events ,, then they act as if Only MSN is the only station Democrats watch ,, yet we know MSN twin brother from another mother FOX is all they have or a blogger or rush Limbaugh info wars such pilliars of truth objectivity and fact checkers .. so basically if any news source doesn't suck trump a s s. .. and I qoute. "every single source listed is left leaning bias opinion not credible news source. None of them state an actual fact to show any evidence whatsoever."

conspiracy run deep ,, in these people where did they get their info before Fox news went live in 1986 .?..
Old 04-30-2020, 07:44 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Over 124,000 have recovered from corona virus per Johns Hopkins.👍🏿
Old 04-30-2020, 07:57 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

You really should complain more about why the US recovery rate is so low.

The world
Infected 3,188,596
Recovered 986,622
Almost 31%
USA
Infected 1,048,834
Recovered 144,352
Almost 14%

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 08:02 AM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow Trump defenders love finding that 1 needle in a haystack ,, whether its hydroxychloroquine, climate change , or any other Topic where there more info against Their version of events ,, then they act as if Only MSN is the only station Democrats watch ,, yet we know MSN twin brother from another mother FOX is all they have or a blogger or rush Limbaugh info wars such pilliars of truth objectivity and fact checkers .. so basically if any news source doesn't suck trump a s s. .. and I qoute. "every single source listed is left leaning bias opinion not credible news source. None of them state an actual fact to show any evidence whatsoever."

conspiracy run deep ,, in these people where did they get their info before Fox news went live in 1986 .?..
Impressive run on sentence there, you keep on assuming all you want it doesn’t bother me.
There is no need to rely on Fox News for this issue
I guess you could find the truth even on Applenews.com if you look hard enough to find an actual journalist.
I disagree with ALL control freaks even conservatives if they go against the constitution. Last I checked we still have a rule of law.

Google what he said, there is also a center source on the page but they are just regurgitating an article from The NY Times. All those sources are clearly shown to be biased, look it up if you want to. I know nothing I say is going to change yours or the others minds. Pointing out each other’s disagreeing opinions about facts is useless.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

The world
Infected 3,188,596
Recovered 986,622
Almost 31%
USA
Infected 1,048,834
Recovered 144,352
Almost 14%
Define recovered

Old 04-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Define recovered
A person who was infected with and survived a virus with no long-term health effects or disabilities has “recovered.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

The world
Infected 3,188,596
Recovered 986,622
Almost 31%
USA
Infected 1,048,834
Recovered 144,352
Almost 14%
clearly due to the millions dead that you predicted
Old 04-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #17
Sea Dangles

The most important statistic is mortality rate.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:47 AM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:

The world
Infected 3,188,596
Recovered 986,622
Almost 31%
USA
Infected 1,048,834
Recovered 144,352
Almost 14%
This statistic is meaningless. No surprise that you will find something so meaningless as pivotal in your one man crusade against the greatest president of our lifetime. We are exceeding all expectations regarding the unseen killer. Great work by the USA!

Time to get the economy back on track

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Grennell is the acting DNI since mid February because his sole qualification is that he is a Trumplican
He would not make it thru the legally required Senate process to become DNI.
Mr. Grenell has no experience as an intelligence officer at any level, nor has he overseen a large government bureaucracy. He has served in government only as communications director for the U.S. ambassador to the U.N. during the George W. Bush administration, and since May 2018 as ambassador to Germany. (In the interim, he founded and ran a public affairs consultancy, advising and commenting on Fox News.)
Attempting to kill the messenger is a weak attempt to discredit the message. This tactic is used when you cannot debunk the message.

The article I posted also included this statement by Col. R. Shane Day, director of the NCMI who responded to an ABC story that there were very early intelligence warnings re a possible pandemic. The director said:

"As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters. However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists," the statement said.

The director, Col. Day, was not, obviously, going to publicly reveal classified data, but he saw the need to squelch media disinformation. His well guarded language was a way of saying that the media reports were not true in terms of intel assessing its information in the way the media interpreted it.

No report by any media outlet could state actual intel assessment that was briefed to the President. Anti-Trump media appeared to be more than happy to "assess" it for us.

I have asked you a few time to tell us what actual information was relayed to Trump. Which you never did. So, other than just making bald statements that Trump disregarded intel, give us the actual intel information and assessments that he disregarded.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-30-2020 at 10:13 AM..
Old 04-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
A person who was infected with and survived a virus with no long-term health effects or disabilities has “recovered.”
so you say 3 million people in the world have not recovered, or have not recovered YET? or are they disabled now or have long term health effects? How about those who had zero symptoms?

I don't see how you can make comparisons to the rest of the worlds results and supplied figures, the data is not collected in a lab. Clearly they have made this political.

It's time to get back to work, the hospitals are not and were not overwhelmed and that was the whole purpose of closing things down. Mission accomplished, time to start opening things up before everything is bankrupt.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The most important statistic is mortality rate.
saw a health official from some state explaining what constitutes a covid death...basically...if you go get tested and on the way home you get hit by a bus and they find that you tested positive....you are a covid death
Old 04-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Attempting to kill the messenger is a weak attempt to discredit the message. This tactic is used when you cannot debunk the message.

The article I posted also included this statement by Col. R. Shane Day, director of the NCMI who responded to an ABC story that there were very early intelligence warnings re a possible pandemic. The director said:

"As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters. However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists," the statement said.

The director, Col. Day, was not, obviously, going to publicly reveal classified data, but he saw the need to squelch media disinformation. His well guarded language was a way of saying that the media reports were not true in terms of intel assessing its information in the way the media interpreted it.

No report by any media outlet could state actual intel assessment that was briefed to the President. Anti-Trump media appeared to be more than happy to "assess" it for us.

I have asked you a few time to tell us what actual information was relayed to Trump. Which you never did. So, other than just making bald statements that Trump disregarded intel, give us the actual intel information and assessments that he disregarded.
So you repeat this to prove nothing other than the attempted distraction into making this about a story that originated with The Times of Israel reporting that NATO and the IDF were informed about this in November. https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...-mid-november/

Since what MSM said, was that it was in the PDB in January and February. Spend a little time looking at how things are vetted prior to going into the PDB, it's not full of clickbait. But maybe the only way to get Trump* to look at it would be to give it to Fox and Friends.

What is the P.D.B.?
The President’s Daily Brief is a summary of high-level intelligence and analysis about global hot spots and national security threats written by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. While the intelligence community produces many reports and assessments, the P.D.B. is written specifically for the president and his top advisers.

In a Fox News interview, Mr. Trump noted that Vice President-elect Mike Pence and “my generals” were receiving the daily briefings, and said he saw no need to do so, too.

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t have to be told the same thing and the same words every single day for the next eight years. It could be eight years — but eight years. I don’t need that. But I do say if something should change, let us know.”

https://www.intelligence.gov/publics...ts-daily-brief

I have little doubt that our intelligence analysts identified a change in activity earlier than it was reported anywhere.

And that we are where we are at now because Trump* is "like a smart person".
The only problem is he's just playing one in his reality Presidency.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #23
spence

Quote:
Washington Post
NY Times
Vanity Fair
CNN
Aljazeera
Vox.com

You wrote this as a joke right? Asking for a friend...
Old 04-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #24
Slipknot
Super Moderator

you are the joke that nobody can take seriously

try looking it up yourself

Old 04-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
So you repeat this to prove nothing other than the attempted distraction into making this about a story that originated with The Times of Israel reporting that NATO and the IDF were informed about this in November. https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...-mid-november/

No, there was another high level intel official (who presumably, is "qualified" since you have not tried to discredit him) that also claimed that media claims about intel on the outbreak were not correct.

And the Israeli Health Ministry did nothing about the unspecified US intel? Are we to think the Israelis are as dumb as Trump? What exactly was in that intel?

Since what MSM said, was that it was in the PDB in January and February. Spend a little time looking at how things are vetted prior to going into the PDB, it's not full of clickbait. But maybe the only way to get Trump* to look at it would be to give it to Fox and Friends.

The article I posted mainly addressed the January and February "reports." The intel director said they were not true.

What is the P.D.B.?
The President’s Daily Brief is a summary of high-level intelligence and analysis about global hot spots and national security threats written by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. While the intelligence community produces many reports and assessments, the P.D.B. is written specifically for the president and his top advisers.

Thanks for the info. I was already aware of that.

In a Fox News interview, Mr. Trump noted that Vice President-elect Mike Pence and “my generals” were receiving the daily briefings, and said he saw no need to do so, too.

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t have to be told the same thing and the same words every single day for the next eight years. It could be eight years — but eight years. I don’t need that. But I do say if something should change, let us know.”

https://www.intelligence.gov/publics...ts-daily-brief

So what intel that his generals and Pence relayed to Trump were warnings that required the country to be shut down?

I have little doubt that our intelligence analysts identified a change in activity earlier than it was reported anywhere.

And that we are where we are at now because Trump* is "like a smart person".
The only problem is he's just playing one in his reality Presidency.
You have "little doubt" about several things that are not proven to be what you say. Trump/Russian conspiracy, removal of Trump via impeachment, Trump sending our much needed US government owned supplies to China, Trump owing millions to China, e.g. I have asked you a few times to tell us exactly what information intel warned about that required shutting the country down. You have no definitive information. Just, what is your MO, assumptions, conjecture, vague "reports" all in which you have no doubt.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You have "little doubt" about several things that are not proven to be what you say. Trump/Russian conspiracy, removal of Trump via impeachment, Trump sending our much needed US government owned supplies to China, Trump owing millions to China, e.g. I have asked you a few times to tell us exactly what information intel warned about that required shutting the country down. You have no definitive information. Just, what is your MO, assumptions, conjecture, vague "reports" all in which you have no doubt.
There is plenty of definitive information to make the statement that nobody knew an outright lie and plenty more of how they failed to prepare.

May 2018:
At an event marking the 100 year anniversary of the 1918 pandemic, Borio says “pandemic flu” is the “number 1 health security issue” and that the U.S. is not ready to respond.
One day later her boss, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer is pushed out of the administration and the global health security team is disbanded.
Rep. Ami Bera warns that “Admiral Ziemer’s departure is deeply alarming, especially when the administration is actively working to cut funds that addressed past pandemics like Ebola.”
Beth Cameron, former senior director for global health security on the National Security Council adds: “It is unclear in his absence who at the White House would be in charge of a pandemic,” Cameron said, calling it “a situation that should be immediately rectified.”
Note: It was not and no one was.

September, 2019: The Trump Administration ended the pandemic early warning program, PREDICT, which trained scientists in China and other countries to identify viruses that had the potential to turn into pandemics. Field work ceased when funding ran out in September, two months before COVID-19 emerged in Wuhan Province, China. On April 1, 2020 USAID used emergency powers to reboot the program.

JAN. 3, 2020
CDC is first alerted to a public health event in Wuhan Province, China.
Per HHS Secretary Alex Azar in Press Q&A.

JAN. 10, 2020
Former Trump Advisor: "We face a global health threat...*new* kind of coronavirus. Coordinate!"
Former Trump Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert urges action on COVID-19.

JAN. 18, 2020
Azar can't get through to Trump to speak with him about the virus until Jan. 18. Trump redirects conversation to vaping.
Washington Post: Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar struggles to get through to Trump about the threat of COVID;

JAN. 20, 2020
"The first human infection with new coronavirus has been reported in the U.S."
CDC

JAN. 21, 2020
"VIRUS" "China virus kills six; 300 infected..."
Conservative media begins to sound the alarm, with the Drudge Report running “VIRUS” as a banner headline.

JAN. 21, 2020
"This is an evolving situation and again, we do expect additional cases in the United States"
The CDC’s Nancy Messonnier announces in a briefing that more cases are expected in the United States.

JAN. 22, 2020
"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China."
On CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Trump dismisses the possibility of a coming pandemic.

JANUARY 2020
Intelligence agencies began warning Trump Admin that China wasn't being honest about the scale of the crisis as early as January.
Washington Post:

JAN. 24, 2020
"The US greatly appreciates China's efforts and transparency. I want to thank President Xi!"
Trump tweets a thanks to China and President Xi “on behalf of the American people”

JAN. 27, 2020
Joe Biden: Short-sighted Trump has left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic
Biden op-ed on how Trump’s actions have hampered the U.S. ability to respond to coronavirus.

JAN. 28, 2020
Former Trump Admin Officials: "Act Now to Prevent an American Epidemic"
Scott Gottlieb and Luciana Borio op-ed in the Wall Street Journal offer 4-point plan to prepare for COVID-19

JAN. 28, 2020
Trump Admin Public Health Officials Begin Dire "Red Dawn" Email Chain discussing threat.
New York Times

JAN. 29, 2020
Multiple news reports published on the need to address mask hoarding and shortages.
PPE Shortages: New York Times, The Atlantic

JAN. 29, 2020
GOP Senator Tom Cotton Privately Warns Trump About Coronavirus Threat
From National Review article on the Senator who saw the virus coming.

FEB. 2, 2020
"Well we pretty much shut it down coming in from China...Getting along with China. Getting along with Russia."
In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump dismisses any threat from COVID-19.

FEB. 2, 2020
The Trump administration restricts travel from China for immigrants and noncitizens.
This was not a travel ban as Trump claims. Americans continue to fly between the countries.

FEB. 3, 2020
“If we take strong measures now, we may be able to blunt the impact of the virus on the United States”
Public health officials around the world prepare for “social distancing” measures.

FEB. 3, 2020
Fox News host Tucker Carlson begins covering COVID seriously after a friend with "access to intelligence" informs him of the extent of the threat.
Fox News

FEB. 4, 2020
"It’s time to start testing more people, even if they haven’t visited China or been in contact with someone infected"
In the Wall Street Journal, Former Trump Officials Scott Gottlieb & Luciana Borio urge the administration to expand testing, provide more protective equipment, and accelerate vaccine development.

FEB. 5, 2020
HHS Secretary Alex Azar requests $2 billion for respirator masks and other supplies. Trump officials balk, wait weeks, then ask for only $500 million.
Washington Post

FEB. 5, 2020
"Just left the Administration briefing on Coronavirus. Bottom line: they aren't taking this seriously enough...Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff etc. And they need it now."
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) tweet

FEB. 7, 2020
Mike Pompeo announces that the Trump Administration is expediting the delivery of 17.8 tons of medical supplies to China.
State Department Press Release.

FEB. 10, 2020
“A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.”
At a White House press conference, Trump suggests that COVID will go away as the weather gets warmer.

FEB. 20, 2020
Former Trump Officials Gottlieb & Borio urge expanded testing and increased vigilance against COVID.
Wall Street Journal op-ed

FEB. 23, 2020
"President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem and he will solve the problem. Okay?"
Trump defends the performance of Chinese President Xi Jinping at a press conference.

FEB. 23, 2020
Harvard School of Public Health official Michael Mina issues a warning on limited COVID tests and the lack of transparency on testing failures.
Twitter

FEB. 24, 2020
"Coronavirus very much under control...Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
Trump Tweet.

Note: The Dow Jones was at 27,960 that day. It has dropped as low as 18,591.

FEB 24, 2020
"You should seriously consider buying these {stock market} dips."
Trump’s top economic advisor Larry Kudlow

FEB. 24, 2020
Dr. Robert Kadlec at HHS requests urgent COVID task force meeting with POTUS to provide social distancing recommendations.
Meeting is cancelled. President did not make social distancing recommendations until 3/16, 21 days later.

FEB. 25, 2020
"Cryin Chuck Schumer is complaining...that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus
Trump requests $1.8-2.5 billion for COVID response, mocks Democrats for saying more is needed.

FEB. 25, 2020
CDC Expert Nancy Messonnier: "Disruption to everyday life might be severe."
Messonnier warns Americans to start preparing for school and business closures in response to the virus. Trump reportedly shouted at his staffers in response to the warning, complaining that she was scaring people.

FEB. 26, 2020
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"
Trump press conference

FEB. 27, 2020
"It's gonna disappear one day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear"
Trump press conference

FEB. 29, 2020
First COVID-19 death in United States
A Washington state man in his 50s became the first person to die from COVID in the United States.

MAR. 4, 2020
The Department of Health and Human Services stated that they had only about 1% of the respirators needed for a full-blown pandemic.
HHS statement to CNBC

MAR. 4, 2020
Trump ally Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) wears gas mask on house floor to mock those expressing concerns about the coming pandemic.
Within a few days, Gaetz is under quarantine and has one of his constituents die of COVID.

MAR. 4, 2020
"President Xi is working very, very hard in China...Their numbers have gotten much better with respect to the coronavirus, very much better"
Trump again praises China’s President Xi on his performance fighting COVID.

MAR. 6, 2020
"I’ve heard the numbers are getting much better in China, but I hear the numbers are getting much better in Italy"
Trump states that the number of COVID cases are going down in both China and Italy. Note: China has faced widespread skepticism over its reported numbers, and in early March Italy’s cases were beginning to skyrocket.

MAR. 6, 2020
"I like this stuff. I really get it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability."
Trump during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta.

MAR. 6, 2020
“I didn’t know people died from the flu.”
A Trump remark during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta.

MAR. 6, 2020
“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault...I'd rather have them stay on, personally.”
Trump suggests that he doesn’t want Americans sickened by COVID on a cruise to return the United States, because it would make the numbers of infected in the country look worse.

MAR. 6, 2020
“Anybody who wants a test gets a test.”
Trump lies about test availability during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta. Note: On this date just 1911 tests were conducted in the whole country.

MAR. 6, 2020
"We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate will be the demand going forward"
Vice President Pence.

MAR. 7, 2020
Conservative journalist Tucker Carlson flies to Mar-a-Lago to implore Trump to take the coronavirus threat more seriously in private.
Vanity Fair.

MAR. 9, 2020
"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on."
Trump tweets a comparison to seasonal flu.

MAR. 9, 2020
"People you voted for have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem. It's definitely not just the flu."
Tucker Carlson obliquely criticizes Trump in his opening monologue.

MAR. 9, 2020
"It’s now or never for the U.S. if it hopes to keep coronavirus from burning out of control"
Tom Bossert, Former Homeland Security advisor for Trump, urges swift and aggressive action against the virus to prevent catastrophe.

MAR. 10, 2020
"It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
Trump remarks during a press conference.

MAR. 10, 2020
"Viruses that spread like this tend to spread more. In certain communities at-risk people need to listen to social distancing recommendations. "
CDC official Nancy Messonnier sounds the alarm again.

MAR. 10, 2020
"A looming shortage in lab materials is threatening to delay coronavirus test results and cause officials to undercount the number of Americans with the virus"
POLITICO reports that US testing is threatened by lab material shortages

MAR. 11, 2020
"Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have contracted the virus. An NBA player has it. Stock market futures plunge again. The NBA season is canceled."
The scope and severity of the crisis becomes tangible.

MAR. 11, 2020
“If we get rid of the coronavirus problem quickly, we won’t need [economic] stimulus.”
Trump minimizes the potential economic impact at a press conference.

MAR. 12, 2020
House Democrats propose additional economic stimulus to address crisis
Initial package.

MAR. 12, 2020
“The bottom line is it’s going to get worse...the number could go way up and be involved in many, many millions"
Remarks from Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as the US death toll reaches 37.

MAR. 13, 2020
"I don't take responsibility at all."
Trump’s remarks at a White House Rose Garden press conference.

MAR. 17, 2020
Trump “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

MAR. 20, 2020
Jared Kushner said it was on this date that he began to "build a team" to address the logistics of the COVID-19 crisis.
Trump Press Conference

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #27
hq2

That was pretty extensive, and mostly irrefutable, unless you wish to adopt the Trumpian mode of blatantly lying about it or disregarding obvious facts. I believe if you dig around more you can locate some more of the intel reports, but many of those are classified and would take a FOIA request. However, what you show establishes the matter
pretty clearly.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:52 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
There is plenty of definitive information to make the statement that nobody knew an outright lie and plenty more of how they failed to prepare.

May 2018:
At an event marking the 100 year anniversary of the 1918 pandemic, Borio says “pandemic flu” is the “number 1 health security issue” and that the U.S. is not ready to respond.
One day later her boss, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer is pushed out of the administration and the global health security team is disbanded.
Rep. Ami Bera warns that “Admiral Ziemer’s departure is deeply alarming, especially when the administration is actively working to cut funds that addressed past pandemics like Ebola.”
Beth Cameron, former senior director for global health security on the National Security Council adds: “It is unclear in his absence who at the White House would be in charge of a pandemic,” Cameron said, calling it “a situation that should be immediately rectified.”
Note: It was not and no one was.

September, 2019: The Trump Administration ended the pandemic early warning program, PREDICT, which trained scientists in China and other countries to identify viruses that had the potential to turn into pandemics. Field work ceased when funding ran out in September, two months before COVID-19 emerged in Wuhan Province, China. On April 1, 2020 USAID used emergency powers to reboot the program.

JAN. 3, 2020
CDC is first alerted to a public health event in Wuhan Province, China.
Per HHS Secretary Alex Azar in Press Q&A.

JAN. 10, 2020
Former Trump Advisor: "We face a global health threat...*new* kind of coronavirus. Coordinate!"
Former Trump Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert urges action on COVID-19.

JAN. 18, 2020
Azar can't get through to Trump to speak with him about the virus until Jan. 18. Trump redirects conversation to vaping.
Washington Post: Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar struggles to get through to Trump about the threat of COVID;

JAN. 20, 2020
"The first human infection with new coronavirus has been reported in the U.S."
CDC

JAN. 21, 2020
"VIRUS" "China virus kills six; 300 infected..."
Conservative media begins to sound the alarm, with the Drudge Report running “VIRUS” as a banner headline.

JAN. 21, 2020
"This is an evolving situation and again, we do expect additional cases in the United States"
The CDC’s Nancy Messonnier announces in a briefing that more cases are expected in the United States.

JAN. 22, 2020
"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China."
On CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Trump dismisses the possibility of a coming pandemic.

JANUARY 2020
Intelligence agencies began warning Trump Admin that China wasn't being honest about the scale of the crisis as early as January.
Washington Post:

JAN. 24, 2020
"The US greatly appreciates China's efforts and transparency. I want to thank President Xi!"
Trump tweets a thanks to China and President Xi “on behalf of the American people”

JAN. 27, 2020
Joe Biden: Short-sighted Trump has left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic
Biden op-ed on how Trump’s actions have hampered the U.S. ability to respond to coronavirus.

JAN. 28, 2020
Former Trump Admin Officials: "Act Now to Prevent an American Epidemic"
Scott Gottlieb and Luciana Borio op-ed in the Wall Street Journal offer 4-point plan to prepare for COVID-19

JAN. 28, 2020
Trump Admin Public Health Officials Begin Dire "Red Dawn" Email Chain discussing threat.
New York Times

JAN. 29, 2020
Multiple news reports published on the need to address mask hoarding and shortages.
PPE Shortages: New York Times, The Atlantic

JAN. 29, 2020
GOP Senator Tom Cotton Privately Warns Trump About Coronavirus Threat
From National Review article on the Senator who saw the virus coming.

FEB. 2, 2020
"Well we pretty much shut it down coming in from China...Getting along with China. Getting along with Russia."
In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump dismisses any threat from COVID-19.

FEB. 2, 2020
The Trump administration restricts travel from China for immigrants and noncitizens.
This was not a travel ban as Trump claims. Americans continue to fly between the countries.

FEB. 3, 2020
“If we take strong measures now, we may be able to blunt the impact of the virus on the United States”
Public health officials around the world prepare for “social distancing” measures.

FEB. 3, 2020
Fox News host Tucker Carlson begins covering COVID seriously after a friend with "access to intelligence" informs him of the extent of the threat.
Fox News

FEB. 4, 2020
"It’s time to start testing more people, even if they haven’t visited China or been in contact with someone infected"
In the Wall Street Journal, Former Trump Officials Scott Gottlieb & Luciana Borio urge the administration to expand testing, provide more protective equipment, and accelerate vaccine development.

FEB. 5, 2020
HHS Secretary Alex Azar requests $2 billion for respirator masks and other supplies. Trump officials balk, wait weeks, then ask for only $500 million.
Washington Post

FEB. 5, 2020
"Just left the Administration briefing on Coronavirus. Bottom line: they aren't taking this seriously enough...Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff etc. And they need it now."
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) tweet

FEB. 7, 2020
Mike Pompeo announces that the Trump Administration is expediting the delivery of 17.8 tons of medical supplies to China.
State Department Press Release.

FEB. 10, 2020
“A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.”
At a White House press conference, Trump suggests that COVID will go away as the weather gets warmer.

FEB. 20, 2020
Former Trump Officials Gottlieb & Borio urge expanded testing and increased vigilance against COVID.
Wall Street Journal op-ed

FEB. 23, 2020
"President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem and he will solve the problem. Okay?"
Trump defends the performance of Chinese President Xi Jinping at a press conference.

FEB. 23, 2020
Harvard School of Public Health official Michael Mina issues a warning on limited COVID tests and the lack of transparency on testing failures.
Twitter

FEB. 24, 2020
"Coronavirus very much under control...Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
Trump Tweet.

Note: The Dow Jones was at 27,960 that day. It has dropped as low as 18,591.

FEB 24, 2020
"You should seriously consider buying these {stock market} dips."
Trump’s top economic advisor Larry Kudlow

FEB. 24, 2020
Dr. Robert Kadlec at HHS requests urgent COVID task force meeting with POTUS to provide social distancing recommendations.
Meeting is cancelled. President did not make social distancing recommendations until 3/16, 21 days later.

FEB. 25, 2020
"Cryin Chuck Schumer is complaining...that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus
Trump requests $1.8-2.5 billion for COVID response, mocks Democrats for saying more is needed.

FEB. 25, 2020
CDC Expert Nancy Messonnier: "Disruption to everyday life might be severe."
Messonnier warns Americans to start preparing for school and business closures in response to the virus. Trump reportedly shouted at his staffers in response to the warning, complaining that she was scaring people.

FEB. 26, 2020
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"
Trump press conference

FEB. 27, 2020
"It's gonna disappear one day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear"
Trump press conference

FEB. 29, 2020
First COVID-19 death in United States
A Washington state man in his 50s became the first person to die from COVID in the United States.

MAR. 4, 2020
The Department of Health and Human Services stated that they had only about 1% of the respirators needed for a full-blown pandemic.
HHS statement to CNBC

MAR. 4, 2020
Trump ally Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) wears gas mask on house floor to mock those expressing concerns about the coming pandemic.
Within a few days, Gaetz is under quarantine and has one of his constituents die of COVID.

MAR. 4, 2020
"President Xi is working very, very hard in China...Their numbers have gotten much better with respect to the coronavirus, very much better"
Trump again praises China’s President Xi on his performance fighting COVID.

MAR. 6, 2020
"I’ve heard the numbers are getting much better in China, but I hear the numbers are getting much better in Italy"
Trump states that the number of COVID cases are going down in both China and Italy. Note: China has faced widespread skepticism over its reported numbers, and in early March Italy’s cases were beginning to skyrocket.

MAR. 6, 2020
"I like this stuff. I really get it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability."
Trump during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta.

MAR. 6, 2020
“I didn’t know people died from the flu.”
A Trump remark during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta.

MAR. 6, 2020
“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault...I'd rather have them stay on, personally.”
Trump suggests that he doesn’t want Americans sickened by COVID on a cruise to return the United States, because it would make the numbers of infected in the country look worse.

MAR. 6, 2020
“Anybody who wants a test gets a test.”
Trump lies about test availability during a tour of the CDC in Atlanta. Note: On this date just 1911 tests were conducted in the whole country.

MAR. 6, 2020
"We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate will be the demand going forward"
Vice President Pence.

MAR. 7, 2020
Conservative journalist Tucker Carlson flies to Mar-a-Lago to implore Trump to take the coronavirus threat more seriously in private.
Vanity Fair.

MAR. 9, 2020
"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on."
Trump tweets a comparison to seasonal flu.

MAR. 9, 2020
"People you voted for have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem. It's definitely not just the flu."
Tucker Carlson obliquely criticizes Trump in his opening monologue.

MAR. 9, 2020
"It’s now or never for the U.S. if it hopes to keep coronavirus from burning out of control"
Tom Bossert, Former Homeland Security advisor for Trump, urges swift and aggressive action against the virus to prevent catastrophe.

MAR. 10, 2020
"It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
Trump remarks during a press conference.

MAR. 10, 2020
"Viruses that spread like this tend to spread more. In certain communities at-risk people need to listen to social distancing recommendations. "
CDC official Nancy Messonnier sounds the alarm again.

MAR. 10, 2020
"A looming shortage in lab materials is threatening to delay coronavirus test results and cause officials to undercount the number of Americans with the virus"
POLITICO reports that US testing is threatened by lab material shortages

MAR. 11, 2020
"Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have contracted the virus. An NBA player has it. Stock market futures plunge again. The NBA season is canceled."
The scope and severity of the crisis becomes tangible.

MAR. 11, 2020
“If we get rid of the coronavirus problem quickly, we won’t need [economic] stimulus.”
Trump minimizes the potential economic impact at a press conference.

MAR. 12, 2020
House Democrats propose additional economic stimulus to address crisis
Initial package.

MAR. 12, 2020
“The bottom line is it’s going to get worse...the number could go way up and be involved in many, many millions"
Remarks from Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as the US death toll reaches 37.

MAR. 13, 2020
"I don't take responsibility at all."
Trump’s remarks at a White House Rose Garden press conference.

MAR. 17, 2020
Trump “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

MAR. 20, 2020
Jared Kushner said it was on this date that he began to "build a team" to address the logistics of the COVID-19 crisis.
Trump Press Conference
OK. If it hasn't already been established that you do not know of, or cannot show any specific early Nov. 2019-Jan. 2020 intel warnings of verified and delineated human to human pandemic threats--just that there were a lot of unexplained notifications in the PDB during that time period without any revelation of what they said--which the Intel Director said were not as the media depicted--if it hasn't already been established that you cannot show that the briefings said what you claim, then this regurgitated time line of events should finally establish that you can't.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OK. If it hasn't already been established that you do not know of, or cannot show any specific early Nov. 2019-Jan. 2020 intel warnings of verified and delineated human to human pandemic threats--just that there were a lot of unexplained notifications in the PDB during that time period without any revelation of what they said--which the Intel Director said were not as the media depicted--if it hasn't already been established that you cannot show that the briefings said what you claim, then this regurgitated time line of events should finally establish that you can't.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Yeah, if you say so . . . the subject of this thread is early warnings by intel--you cannot show that the briefings said what you claim.