Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-29-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Musk says Twitter will share all files related to banning the Hunter laptop story

And the left is going berserk. The White house says it will be watching Twitter very carefully, as if it’s a national security issue for Twitter to share why it censored a story for no reason

And apple is considering removing the twitter app from its phones

Gee it’s almost as if the left doesn’t want the truth to come out? I wonder why that would be?
Old 11-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #2
wdmso

And Jim takes the conspiracy bait
Shocking and now has a hard on

Please don’t talk about the Truth Jim . It’s not your strong suit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 11-29-2022 at 05:49 PM..
Old 11-29-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
Nebe

Don’t forget her emails
Old 11-29-2022, 07:04 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Omg pass the popcorn
Old 11-29-2022, 07:44 PM   #5
spence

Is this part of the red tsunami?
Old 11-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

What genius came up with the idea, "Let's weaponize that Joe Biden's greatest vulnerability is being an arguably over-affectionate father to troubled son" ?
Old 11-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Is this part of the red tsunami?
do you think it’s bad if we all know why Twitter buried that story? Is that something that would be better if it were buried?
Old 11-29-2022, 09:47 PM   #8
wdmso

I was just watching Hannity, who had the audacity to be complaining about Hunter Biden and had Pam Bondi the Florida DA and Mike Huckabee all commiserating over the Bidens not having a stocking for hunters supposed out of wedlock child hanging in the White House and how disturbing it is and how traumatized she’ll be when she grows up and learns about this travesty Republicans are all #^&#^&#^&#^&ed in the head
Old 11-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #9
wdmso

Here it is and on fox to boot and their keeping tabs

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...econd-year-row

How Christian of Fox to accuse others of being bad Christians
Old 11-29-2022, 09:57 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I was just watching Hannity, who had the audacity to be complaining about Hunter Biden and had Pam Bondi the Florida DA and Mike Huckabee all commiserating over the Bidens not having a stocking for hunters supposed out of wedlock child hanging in the White House and how disturbing it is and how traumatized she’ll be when she grows up and learns about this travesty Republicans are all #^&#^&#^&#^&ed in the head
hunters “supposed” out of wedlock child.

According to the right wing buts at CNN, a judge cited a DNA test saying Hinter was the father

But you’re not convinced

Do you listen to yourself? Yes, we are turbines with brain damage wayne.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/27/p...ort/index.html
Old 11-29-2022, 10:00 PM   #11
Nebe

I’d rather see Clarence Thomas’s wife’s laptop.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:07 PM   #12
Jim in CT

wayne you changed the subject as usual, but you don’t think it’s at all cruel for this girls father and grandfather to pretend she doesn’t exist? there’s no data that shows harmful impacts when adults aren’t engaged in the lives of their children?
Old 11-29-2022, 11:49 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wayne you changed the subject as usual, but you don’t think it’s at all cruel for this girls father and grandfather to pretend she doesn’t exist? there’s no data that shows harmful impacts when adults aren’t engaged in the lives of their children?
For a good example just look at Don Jr

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 06:15 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
For a good example just look at Don Jr
you’re fake news, pete. Desperate and fake.

Why not go make up some fake quotes and attribute them to people
you don’t like? when the facts don’t fit, change the facts!
Old 11-30-2022, 06:46 AM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’d rather see Clarence Thomas’s wife’s laptop.
No sh*t!
Old 11-30-2022, 08:55 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re fake news, pete. Desperate and fake.

Why not go make up some fake quotes and attribute them to people
you don’t like? when the facts don’t fit, change the facts!
Poor victim
You couldn’t tell if it was a real MTG quote or not, because she had actually said worse things.

“So many people still wearing masks,
I just want to ask you.
If a pair of underwear, really thick ones, high quality cotton, can’t protect you from a fart, then how can a mask protect you from Covid?”

Next you’ll tell me she doesn’t know Nick Fuentes either…..
Just like you, monkey see, monkey do

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 09:01 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Herschel Walker destroyed Jims argument for a border wall:

“A wall do work. …when you got a wall around your house people don’t— yeah, but they can get in. But, you know what, if they get in, it would be hard to get out because I got a dog that— well, my dog really won’t bite.”
Old 11-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim
You couldn’t tell if it was a real MTG quote or not, because she had actually said worse things.

“So many people still wearing masks,
I just want to ask you.
If a pair of underwear, really thick ones, high quality cotton, can’t protect you from a fart, then how can a mask protect you from Covid?”

Next you’ll tell me she doesn’t know Nick Fuentes either…..
Just like you, monkey see, monkey do
you exposing yourself as an desperate liar, and me clubbing you with that, doesn’t make me a victim.

if she’s said worse things, WHY NOT STICK WITH THOSE? Why make stuff up if the actual facts make the same ( or better) case? I agree with you 100% she’s an extremist lunatic and i want her gone. We agree! Where we disagree is judging similar extremist lunatics on the left, which you can’t even concede exist. Ihan Omar comes to mind.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:05 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Herschel Walker destroyed Jims argument for a border wall:

“A wall do work. …when you got a wall around your house people don’t— yeah, but they can get in. But, you know what, if they get in, it would be hard to get out because I got a dog that— well, my dog really won’t bite.”
sorry Pete. Barriers work. They’re not 100% perfect, but they’re better then nothing.

Pete, do you close and lock your door at night? If so, why?

It’s that simple.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:16 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you exposing yourself as an desperate liar, and me clubbing you with that, doesn’t make me a victim.

if she’s said worse things, WHY NOT STICK WITH THOSE? Why make stuff up if the actual facts make the same ( or better) case? I agree with you 100% she’s an extremist lunatic and i want her gone. We agree! Where we disagree is judging similar extremist lunatics on the left, which you can’t even concede exist. Ihan Omar comes to mind.
Quote:
So Jim I guess to you its normal to go to the Zoo to see Airplanes

Or an AA or meeting for the info on the latest IPA

Before introducing Greene, Fuentes told the crowd, “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler — they say that’s not a good thing.” Fuentes also asked the crowd to “give a round of applause for Russia” and responded, “Absolutely,” as attendees chanted “Putin! Putin!”

Her defense “The Pharisees i( had to look this up a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.)n the Republican Party may attack me for being willing to break barriers and speak to a lost generation of young people who are desperate for love and leadership.”

interesting she was there to changes hearts and minds
Quote:
i don’t think she was there to change anything. oh have said here, she’s a kook.

did you post anything she said which was racist?
Quote:
Interesting the people some feel compelled to defend, but apparently the Nationalist Populist Trumplican Party is what they want.

Marjorie Taylor Greene said the GOP is finding it’s “identity,” and pledged to continue attacking Republicans.

MTG added that the GOP “should be leaning in to the Civil War” and will “come together once [they] figure out what works.”
Quote:
i’m not defending her, i called her a kook.

i did ask you what she said that was racist. your response was to insult me, which probably means even you know she didn’t say anything racist but you can’t admit it. because truth doesn’t matter to you, unless it’s favorable to liberals.
We can just stick witt what you claim, "I never heard of him and you haven't either......."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 09:46 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
No change in subject just showing how you and fox are joined at the hip with tabloid headlines and gossip. Then claiming legitimacy !

Meanwhile someone was just convicted of seditious conspiracy and good luck finding that story as a headline on Fox oan newsmax or Breitbart.. but your hunter musk and the Christmas stocking scandal is front page on their websites

Funny how that works
Old 11-30-2022, 10:09 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
No change in subject just showing how you and fox are joined at the hip with tabloid headlines and gossip. Then claiming legitimacy !

Meanwhile someone was just convicted of seditious conspiracy and good luck finding that story as a headline on Fox oan newsmax or Breitbart.. but your hunter musk and the Christmas stocking scandal is front page on their websites

Funny how that works
“no change the subject”

Then your reading comprehension is abysmal. The thread is about the left not wanting americans to know why Twitter buried the Hunter laptop story. You went to bashing foxnews.

That’s changing the subject.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

Funny how that works
wayne, fox is biased. no honest person denies that.

Those convicted deserve what they’re going to get. i’m not defending them, i’m not saying we shouldn’t talk about it. Let’s talk about it.

You’re the one who desperately wants to avoid talking about hunters laptop, why the story was buried ( which is scary), and if there are any connections to the big guy. It’s a legitimate story.

The bigger and scarier story, is how democrats, the department of justice, big tech and the media willingly got together to bury it. I get that this happened in a way that helps your side, but it should still bother you. If you’re ok with facts being buried and people
being attacked for speaking facts, when it helps your side…one day the gop will be in control and maybe they all conspire to bury a story that would help your side. i’m pretty sure i know what your reaction would be.

They buried this story to influence a presidential election. The media, and certainly the justice department, isn’t supposed to do that.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-30-2022 at 11:16 AM..
Old 11-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wayne, fox is biased. no honest person denies that.

Those convicted deserve what they’re going to get. i’m not defending them, i’m not saying we shouldn’t talk about it. Let’s talk about it.

You’re the one who desperately wants to avoid talking about hunters laptop, why the story was buried ( which is scary), and if there are any connections to the big guy. It’s a legitimate story.

The bigger and scarier story, is how democrats, the department of justice, big tech and the media willingly got together to bury it. I get that this happened in a way that helps your side, but it should still bother you. If you’re ok with facts being buried and people
being attacked for speaking facts, when it helps your side…one day the gop will be in control and maybe they all conspire to bury a story that would help your side. i’m pretty sure i know what your reaction would be.

They buried this story to influence a presidential election. The media, and certainly the justice department, isn’t supposed to do that.
That's possibly one of the most warped things I've ever seen put to paper.
We've just been thru 6 years of lies, coverups and obstruction and what abouts and to top it off you've sucked up the rightwing speaking points and are guthooked like a fish on a trotline.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's possibly one of the most warped things I've ever seen put to paper.
We've just been thru 6 years of lies, coverups and obstruction and what abouts and to top it off you've sucked up the rightwing speaking points and are guthooked like a fish on a trotline.
mark zuckerberg openly claimed the DOJ came to him and talked to him about burying the story. Is he lying? You have proof he’s lying? Let’s see it. Is Mark Zuckerberg spewing right wing talking points? let’s see the proof, otherwise yiu madenrhis up like you make so much else up.

Pete, they all said that people who wanted to talk about the laptop, were engaging in russian disinformation. then years later they all admitted the laptop story was legit. Twitter banned the New York Post from tweeting. Then much later after the election, Jack Dorsey ( or whatever the twitter CEOs name was) admitted that was a mistake.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Pete, here’s video of Zuckerberg saying he removed the hunter laptop story from facebook, after the fbi asked him to.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #27
wdmso

The bigger and scarier story, is how democrats, the department of justice, big tech and the media willingly got together to bury it.

With complete sincerity You really need to reevaluate your priorities..
Old 11-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
mark zuckerberg openly claimed the DOJ came to him and talked to him about burying the story. Is he lying? You have proof he’s lying? Let’s see it. Is Mark Zuckerberg spewing right wing talking points? let’s see the proof, otherwise yiu madenrhis up like you make so much else up.

Pete, they all said that people who wanted to talk about the laptop, were engaging in russian disinformation. then years later they all admitted the laptop story was legit. Twitter banned the New York Post from tweeting. Then much later after the election, Jack Dorsey ( or whatever the twitter CEOs name was) admitted that was a mistake.
Jim do actually read anything

Zuckerberg said on an episode of Rogan’s podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience,” that was uploaded on Thursday that the FBI reached out to his company ahead of the 2020 presidential election to warn them to take note of potentially polarizing content. This warning came after Russia used social media platforms, including Facebook, to post content intended to be polarizing ahead of the 2016 election.

Zuckerberg said he took the warning seriously. He said the social media platform did not ban people from sharing the Post’s story, but it took action to limit how often the story appeared on feeds.

So Where’s the Doj threat and so Trumps FBI was what trying to help Biden
Keep seeing things that aren’t there
Old 11-30-2022, 04:16 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, here’s video of Zuckerberg saying he removed the hunter laptop story from facebook, after the fbi asked him to.

No thats not what he said, did you actually watch the interview?
He said the FBI came to his team and told them to be careful of Russian disinformation (the stuff you thrive on and endlessly repeat).
You realize it's because otherwise the RR endlessly repeat it and in their minds it becomes truer each time they hear it, because "many people say"....

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
No thats not what he said, did you actually watch the interview?
He said the FBI came to his team and told them to be careful of Russian disinformation (the stuff you thrive on and endlessly repeat).
You realize it's because otherwise the RR endlessly repeat it and in their minds it becomes truer each time they hear it, because "many people say"....
Jim listens to his Fox and Friends and like a good parrot, he repeats the phrases. I’m surprised anyone really feels the need to debate anything with him, the results are so predictable.