Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Favorite Threads

Favorite Threads Some of S-B's Favorite Threadsa over the years

Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

This is a very cool thread. This whole experience looks very hardcore. Makes my bridge gaff setup look like a children's toy! Then again, I'm really just a kid in man's body!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
Slingah

really enjoying this thread Stax and Marc.....I must say that looks like fun.....
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Tailor marc
Aussie fisherman

Its been a pleasure showing you all these pic's

Its also been great looking through this website , i would love to head over your ways someday.

Hopefully one day we may see youz down under or even at Steep point.

Steep point has been called the best land based game in the world with fish from spanish/shark mackeral to tuna, sailfish , big travally , and many more species.

The only problem you may have it getting there, you can only acsess steep point by 4wd and you have to take everything you need to survive like food, water.
There are no shops or doctors or showers for 3-4 hours its pretty remote, there is no power there so you have to take generators.

We take up a freezer on a trailer with generator to run it.

Its a great way to get away from the city for a week and not hear whats going on in the world, so relaxing fishing day and night for a week strait.

I have a few more pics i will post up for ya's
Tailor marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
cheferson

Thanks! Sick pix
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
bart
Red Eye Jedi

absolutely insane.....beautiful scenery too
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Karl F

Marc,
What you and Stax have shown us, and told us, it sounds like paridise.. taking a trailer, generator, and a 4X4 out there for 3 days,.. how great that must be! Reminds me in a different way of my days with the camper on the beaches here for 3 days at a clip...I hope a piping plover never lands in the midst of where you like to go and fish, and some special interest group trys to stop it for you nice folks.
Thanks for sharing that with us, Beautiful country and fish!.
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Tailor marc
Aussie fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
Marc,
What you and Stax have shown us, and told us, it sounds like paridise.. taking a trailer, generator, and a 4X4 out there for 3 days,.. how great that must be! Reminds me in a different way of my days with the camper on the beaches here for 3 days at a clip...I hope a piping plover never lands in the midst of where you like to go and fish, and some special interest group trys to stop it for you nice folks.
Thanks for sharing that with us, Beautiful country and fish!.
Thanks Karl
It sure is a lovley spot, on some days iv even see whale sharks swim by like the pic stax put up of the whales. Manta rays and HUGE turtles aswell.
My biggest fear is that one day they will put a sealed road all the way to steep point and then power then shops etc then it will be to commercial.

Its a great retreat and only serious fisherman there that know how to fish.

Only problem is that it gets really hot up there but you can allways head down the beach for a dip. Just got to look out for sharks , sea snakes etc
Tailor marc is offline   Reply With Quote