Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Spence, you are resorting to your old, annoying hit and run tactics again.... Stand up and explain yourself instead.
Here is the first sentence to which you refer;

President Obama claims that restricting immigration in order to protect national security is “offensive and contrary to American values.”
It's not hit and run, I just have other priorities.

The author is taking the Obama quote out of context and attempting to run with it the entire piece.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Spence, please explain Trump's plan to me, being I must have
missed something after seeing him interviewed at least 6 times
on the matter.

Better yet, first go back in time and answer the many
questions I have asked you to answer and you go all AWOL on me.
I'm sure each interview was different based on his focus group polling.

What haven't I answered?
Old 12-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #33
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trumps plan is to self promote and divide the GOP to help Hillary win the election. You didn't get the memo ?
No, didn't get it Nebe, Spence must of been in charge of sending
it out.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& liberal apologist like you should be banned from this side of the grass
But which fruit is the liberal one?

Don't pannick, it will set in eventually.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #35
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

What haven't I answered?
You'll have to go back through the threads and find them,
I have other Priorities.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
You'll have to go back through the threads and find them,
I have other Priorities.
Likely it's all stuff that's been addressed before. People here like Jim have a very short attention span. But I'm not going to get into naming any names,
Old 12-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #37
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Likely it's all stuff that's been addressed before. People here like Jim have a very short attention span. But I'm not going to get into naming any names,
Being a person who has data use concerns I would think it would use an awful lot of my data allowance and perhaps he has the same concerns.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #38
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
It's not hit and run, I just have other priorities.

The author is taking the Obama quote out of context and attempting to run with it the entire piece.
DON'T SPIN THIS...... ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT OBAMA SAID, HAS SAID, OVER AND OVER. THIS IS NOT OUT OF CONTEXT. Do you think we were born yesterday to believe your increasing jibberish?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #39
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Trumps plan is to self promote and divide the GOP to help Hillary win the election. You didn't get the memo ?
This actually makes total sense of what we are witnessing....
Old 12-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #40
Nebe

Quote:
This actually makes total sense of what we are witnessing....
I'll go a bit further. You will see this pig loose the primaries and then will do the cable news talk show circuit as a paid mouth to criticize who ever wins and will also do the paid talk circuit like Sarah Palin did.

This guy does not care about America or American values.. He cares about making money and capitalizing off of the system. We are watching the most epic un-scripted reality tv show of all time right now at the expense of common sense.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #41
buckman

Quote:
I'll go a bit further. You will see this pig loose the primaries and then will do the cable news talk show circuit as a paid mouth to criticize who ever wins and will also do the paid talk circuit like Sarah Palin did.

This guy does not care about America or American values.. He cares about making money and capitalizing off of the system. We are watching the most epic un-scripted reality tv show of all time right now at the expense of common sense.
I think you are wrong about how he feels about America .
The media is making Trump and I believe they are the culprits here . Don't forget they don't report the news they fabricate , twist and create sensationalism at every opportunity . They are more like a scripted reality show .
Old 12-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #42
Nebe

So you think trump holds the USA's best interests above his own?? No way. He is pushing every envelope he can to stir the pot. He does not want to be president.. Only a fool would say the things he has said if he actually wanted to win the race. This is all about "The trump show"
Old 12-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #43
spence

Quote:
DON'T SPIN THIS...... ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT OBAMA SAID, HAS SAID, OVER AND OVER. THIS IS NOT OUT OF CONTEXT. Do you think we were born yesterday to believe your increasing jibberish?
Why are you yelling?
Old 12-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think you are wrong about how he feels about America .
The media is making Trump and I believe they are the culprits here . Don't forget they don't report the news they fabricate , twist and create sensationalism at every opportunity . They are more like a scripted reality show .
I love it, now Trump is the victim.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #45
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Why are you yelling?
Because you continue with a guerilla politico, half response style designed to antagonize, and twist statements to fit your party line point of view. You spew the liberal sheeple sentiment, denying your chosen one could do any wrong. I also yell because I don't have the power to deport aggravating windbags like you to the Sudan.... which I assume would be more acceptable to you than RR's suggestion.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #46
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

As for the point of the original post; I have no problem with making the immediate immigration process difficult enough, across the board, to keep muslim terrorist supporters at bay and out of the country. If this means making it more difficult for the rest of the world to come here, Too bad. Eventually it will work out so that the timeline will be stretched out for the group from which the majority of the threat would be coming from anyway. Just ramping it up for all, to comply with the PC left, and not be stating the word muslim in perfecting the denial guidelines. Me, I would rather be right in your face and tell you that your religious choice is going to bring you considerable scrutiny and place you firmly in the unlikely group. Not all muslims are terrorists. But it sure seems like ALL terrorists are muslim.......
Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #47
buckman

Quote:
I love it, now Trump is the victim.
That's not what I'm saying at all . He loves the media . Well at least he understands them and uses that to his advantage What you refuse to except is the large portion of America that is so sick of what you admire and defend . These people aren't haters and I don't think he is either . I'm not voting for him in a primary but I admire what he stands for .
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's not what I'm saying at all . He loves the media . Well at least he understands them and uses that to his advantage What you refuse to except is the large portion of America that is so sick of what you admire and defend . These people aren't haters and I don't think he is either . I'm not voting for him in a primary but I admire what he stands for .
he's the closest you can come to waterboarding a liberal
Old 12-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #49
Nebe

Quote:
As for the point of the original post; I have no problem with making the immediate immigration process difficult enough, across the board, to keep muslim terrorist supporters at bay and out of the country. If this means making it more difficult for the rest of the world to come here, Too bad. Eventually it will work out so that the timeline will be stretched out for the group from which the majority of the threat would be coming from anyway. Just ramping it up for all, to comply with the PC left, and not be stating the word muslim in perfecting the denial guidelines. Me, I would rather be right in your face and tell you that your religious choice is going to bring you considerable scrutiny and place you firmly in the unlikely group. Not all muslims are terrorists. But it sure seems like ALL terrorists are muslim.......
All terrorists are not Muslim. I'd say the guy who shot up the abortion clinic recently could be labeled as a terrorist. White Christian

But for the most part I agree... 98 % of terrorists are Muslim
Old 12-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
All terrorists are not Muslim. I'd say the guy who shot up the abortion clinic recently could be labeled as a terrorist. White Christian

he was actually described by those who knew him as a hippie loner who never talked about religion or politics
Old 12-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
Because you continue with a guerilla politico, half response style designed to antagonize, and twist statements to fit your party line point of view. You spew the liberal sheeple sentiment, denying your chosen one could do any wrong. I also yell because I don't have the power to deport aggravating windbags like you to the Sudan.... which I assume would be more acceptable to you than RR's suggestion.
What you mistake for "guerilla politico" is has more to do if I'm traveling and on my iPad...it's harder to type long responses.

But for all your whining you don't seem to be asking any questions that show a willingness to think critically. Is the Obama quote taken out of context? Aren't you curious as to why I would say that? Did you bother to source the actual remark and seek an understanding?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #52
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Enlighten me with what I am supposed to be missing.... I have had seven long years of thinking critically. And we are much worse off than we were seven years ago. The electorate deserves what it got. Even the kids who voted for him with their first vote are now a disenfranchised population.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #53
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

And I was yelling at you, not whining.....M@#$$%^&&&
Old 12-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #54
buckman

Quote:
Why are you yelling?
Funny stuff . My ex used to text everything in capitals even when she wasn't mad . I used to ask her that all the time and she never figured out what I meant .
Old 12-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #55
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Yeah, it's all good
Old 12-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #56
Nebe

Quote:
Enlighten me with what I am supposed to be missing.... I have had seven long years of thinking critically. And we are much worse off than we were seven years ago. The electorate deserves what it got. Even the kids who voted for him with their first vote are now a disenfranchised population.
Couldn't agree more on an international level but disagree slightly about our own economy. That said I am ready to see the obamas move out of the whitehouse to make way for Sander's.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #57
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Hell you are a small business owner. What has this administration done for your bottom line? If not for the Fed holding off on a rate increase, we would be screwed. Don't worry, that is coming. Major healthcare insurer has already begun to opt out of Obamacare.... That system is still broken and probably as bad as it was before. And the student loan iceberg is going to make the mortgage fiasco look like a picnic. All these spiraling behind the smoke and mirrors.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:

Nebe, here's the diffrence. Christianity, as you might imagine from the name, is based on the life of Christ. There is nothing in the teachings of Christ, nothing whatsoever, that anyone could interpret as a call to murder abortion clinic workers.

Islam is a different matter. It is based on the life of Mohammed, who was a bloodthirsty, murderous, barbarian, who killed anyone who had something he wanted. It's easy for me to see why some devoted Muslims feel compelled to act the way the jihadists act.

Now, if the Planned Parenthood murderer claims he was killing in the name of Christianity, I can see where one would label him a Christian terrorist. But if it turns out he's a paranoid schitzophrenic, then it doesn't matter what idea he claims he was promoting.

John Hinkley claimed he shot Reagan because of the actress Jodie Foster. That doesn't mean that Jodie Foster was in any way responsible. If the criminal is sufficiently crazy, I don't think his stated cause is necessarily connected to the crime. All that matters is the mental illness. The Planned Parenthood event may be one of those cases. Or it may not, in which case it's fair to call him a Christian terrorist.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Couldn't agree more on an international level but disagree slightly about our own economy. That said I am ready to see the obamas move out of the whitehouse to make way for Sander's.
I would also respectfully disagree about the economy. The stock market is up, and unemployment is down. Those are good things.

But our debt has skyrocketed, you must concede that. Median household income is DOWN 6% since he took office. Social Security and medicare are 7 years closer to insolvency since he took office, he did absolutely nothing to avert that looming disaster.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #60
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
That said I am ready to see the obamas move out of the whitehouse to make way for Sander's.
I wonder why Hilary wants to be President being they were broke last
time she left the White House. Makes ya wonder, why she would want to run and go broke again.
Pftt,Liar liar, pants suit on fire.

Obama must be getting ready to serve Bankruptcy Papers soon now too.

" Choose Life "