Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2019, 05:59 AM   #31
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

As we lose McMaster, Mattis etc.. from the administration we move further and further down the list of qualified, rational folks to help guide this chaotic administration.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is pretty funny...did you think this when Obama fired Mattis ?...Mattis just wrote a book that pummels Obama and his administration for being a chaotic mess



"I was leaving a region aflame and in disarray. The lack of an integrated regional strategy had left us adrift, and our friends confused. We were offering no leadership or direction. I left my post deeply disturbed that we had shaken our friends’ confidence and created vacuums that our adversaries would exploit."

“Each step along the way, I argued for political clarity and offered options that gave the Commander in Chief a rheostat he could dial up or down to protect our nation.” The commander in chief wasn’t interested. He turned the rheostat off."


Sounds like Mattis doesn't think Obama was interested in protecting our nation and had an incoherent foreign policy....there's much more....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #32
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,392
He is in lock step with the party and incapable of an honest thought. But hey, Trump = bad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:41 AM   #33
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,763
Typical Dangles post. Insult without any substantive content. If you knew what people actually thought you have some serious ESP. Most of the reason I stay out of this circle jerk lately, besides being busy at as #^&#^&#^&#^&, is the limited content and snide bickering between both sides.

Do I like all of Mattis ideas, No, of course not. Do I think he was doing a good job in this role, yes, particularly trying to keep petulant in chief under control. I can also respect him as being a thoughtful, tough, sane military commander.

I can lean left while still thinking we need to be strong on defense and terrorism particularly.

I also don’t think Obama handled the Middle East particularly well regarding ISIS or Syria. If in part that was driven by firing Mattis, than I disagree with it, fwiw.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 AM   #34
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
You spelled ‘save trump from boo-boo feelings about being wrong’ wrong
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yet this post contains humility and insight.

But keep complaining about the limited content.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 09-11-2019 at 07:57 AM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #35
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,414
trump got rid of bolton because lets be honest bolton didn't agree do do what ever Trump wanted ..

Again the only reasons people here support Trump is because Dems dont like him..
Even when dems post Legitimate reason and facts to back up their criticism.. its a cult of personality...

Just look at the comments about antonio brown and the pats .. these same Trump enablers who champion results over personality

Are fliping there #^&#^&#^&#^& over Brown and how it diminishes the pats respect .. that hes a head case and out of control on social media . but for The POTUS it doesn't matter.. its all about results.. but lets ingnore his negtive results. And chaos in the administration.. but the economy ok for now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #36
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,201
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
China is more eco-friendly than the US, because they spend more money on renewable energy!! You heard it here!!

Most stupid thing I read all day. Must be sarcasm.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
China has a goal of reducing the use of coal and is, Trump promised to increase the use of coal.
China spends 5x as much of their GDP on renewable energy as the USA.
China is looking to the future with green energy, conservation and technology investment.
Trump’s policy calls for increased energy use, reduced environmental regulation and claims climate change is not an issue.
One is looking to the future along with the rest of the world, Trump wants to return to the 60s.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nope, this is the most stupid thing I read all day. Suspect not sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This event is truly astounding, it's Orwellian even.
When is the left's next Two Weeks of Hate, cough, Antifa, cough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Sounds like Mattis doesn't think Obama was interested in protecting our nation and had an incoherent foreign policy....there's much more....
"We Don't Have a Strategy Yet"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #37
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
trump got rid of bolton because lets be honest bolton didn't agree do do what ever Trump wanted ..

Again the only reasons people here support Trump is because Dems dont like him..
Even when dems post Legitimate reason and facts to back up their criticism.. its a cult of personality...

Just look at the comments about antonio brown and the pats .. these same Trump enablers who champion results over personality

Are fliping there #^&#^&#^&#^& over Brown and how it diminishes the pats respect .. that hes a head case and out of control on social media . but for The POTUS it doesn't matter.. its all about results.. but lets ingnore his negtive results. And chaos in the administration.. but the economy ok for now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wayne,this post is great. Just who are you talking about as far as Trump enablers who are going to bat for Brown?Is it Bruce? Your cheese is sliding off the cracker buddy boy. TDS has set in and it looks like a bad case,perhaps fatal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #38
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,789
Trump's National Security team is currently missing
- Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security
- Director and Deputy Director of National Intelligence
- National Security Advisor
- Army/Air Force Secretaries

He hasn't even nominated anyone for most of these positions

Maybe Don jr and Eric are taking care of it.

Every time you get angry because a few of us on the right are critical of Trump, that's your soul trying to re-enter your body.

Victory in a trade war with China will require patience, endurance, subtlety, and attention to nuance. Donald Trump possesses none of those traits.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #39
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
t

Again the only reasons people here support Trump is because Dems dont like him..

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wayne, that’s just not true. when i vote for potus, here are the things i want..:

someone who will help the economy
someone who will look out for
unborn
someone who is strong in national defense, but not given to committing to endless conflict
someone who will appoint judges who put the constitution ahead of their personal agendas.

there are a lot of people who share these priorities. looking at the 2016 election through that lens, it was an easy and obvious choice.

As to results over personality, absolutely. i’d like results and good character, that wasn’t available.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #40
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,789
1. China has a goal of reducing the use of coal and is,
1. Trump promised to increase the use of coal.
2. China spends 5x as much of their GDP on renewable energy as the USA.
3. China is looking to the future with green energy, conservation and technology investment.
4. Trump’s policy calls for increased energy use, reduced environmental regulation and claims climate change is not an issue.
One is looking to the future along with the rest of the world, Trump wants to return to the 60s.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Nope, this is the most stupid thing I read all day. Suspect not sarcasm.
What of the above is not true?

Every time you get angry because a few of us on the right are critical of Trump, that's your soul trying to re-enter your body.

Victory in a trade war with China will require patience, endurance, subtlety, and attention to nuance. Donald Trump possesses none of those traits.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #41
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,634
pete, where does china stand in a list of the worlds leading polluters? you left that statistic out. and you did it for a very specific reason. because it's probably the single most relevant statistic, and you ignored it completely. defending the environmental friendliness of china, is exactly like sean hannity refusing to criticize Trump. kind of funny when you look at it that way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #42
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Most stupid thing I read all day. Must be sarcasm.





Nope, this is the most stupid thing I read all day. Suspect not sarcasm.



When is the left's next Two Weeks of Hate, cough, Antifa, cough?



"We Don't Have a Strategy Yet"
of course i was being sarcastic, responding to pete’s nonsense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #43
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
pete, where does china stand in a list of the worlds leading polluters? you left that statistic out. and you did it for a very specific reason. because it's probably the single most relevant
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What metric would you like to use?

Total is skewed because the population of China is 4x USA and it does produce more.

But if you look at it per capita in metric tons of carbon
USA 16.5
China 7.5
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Every time you get angry because a few of us on the right are critical of Trump, that's your soul trying to re-enter your body.

Victory in a trade war with China will require patience, endurance, subtlety, and attention to nuance. Donald Trump possesses none of those traits.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #44
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What metric would you like to use?

Total is skewed because the population of China is 4x USA and it does produce more.

But if you look at it per capita in metric tons of carbon
USA 16.5
China 7.5
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if the planet can only absorb a certain carbon output, does per capita matter? or absolute?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #45
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if the planet can only absorb a certain carbon output, does per capita matter? or absolute?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Totals always matter, but one needs to set attainable goals and work towards them.

If you did it in totals, you would put China's economy in the bottom 10% of the world. Pretty unrealistic way to look at it. They would not be willing to do that nor would I expect them to. Not sure they could even have the dreaded yurt, though I think some already do. The yurt dwellers likely produce very little in the way of carbon emissions.

China carbon production per cap is roughly 150% of the average of the world per capita.
USA carbon production per cap is roughly 300% of the average......

Every time you get angry because a few of us on the right are critical of Trump, that's your soul trying to re-enter your body.

Victory in a trade war with China will require patience, endurance, subtlety, and attention to nuance. Donald Trump possesses none of those traits.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #46
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Wayne,this post is great. Just who are you talking about as far as Trump enablers who are going to bat for Brown?Is it Bruce? Your cheese is sliding off the cracker buddy boy. TDS has set in and it looks like a bad case,perhaps fatal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Brown just got accused of rape he's more like Trump than you're willing to admit that in itself is hilarious .. Mainly because some cant see the comparison and are more outraged over Browns behavior and how it makes the pats look .. But could care less How Trump makes Team America Look ..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #47
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,201
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What metric would you like to use?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Emissions Output. The only metric that matters.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #48
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,802
Maybe China should give up there plastic straws

https://www.earthday.org/2018/04/06/...plastic-waste/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #49
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Emissions Output. The only metric that matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe China should give up there plastic straws

https://www.earthday.org/2018/04/06/...plastic-waste/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bossman says straws don't matter

But China also stopped taking our straws, now we send them to someone else who will dump them in the ocean rather than us.

China implemented the National Sword policy at the beginning of 2018 to protect their environment and develop their own domestic recycling capacity by restricting imports of waste. Since exporting plastic waste is a convenient way for the United States (U.S.) and other industrialized countries to count plastic waste as “recycled” and avoid disposal costs and impacts at home, there has been a significant increase of plastic waste shipments to other countries instead of China. Unfortunately, most of our plastic waste is still shipped to countries that are not equipped to safely and securely manage it.

Every time you get angry because a few of us on the right are critical of Trump, that's your soul trying to re-enter your body.

Victory in a trade war with China will require patience, endurance, subtlety, and attention to nuance. Donald Trump possesses none of those traits.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #50
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Brown just got accused of rape he's more like Trump than you're willing to admit that in itself is hilarious .. Mainly because some cant see the comparison and are more outraged over Browns behavior and how it makes the pats look .. But could care less How Trump makes Team America Look ..
So you equate the alleged rape with Republicans. You see parallels between Trump and Brown because of this. Now every Trump supporter is a rape supporter. Got it. But you don’t have TDS...WONDERFULLY BRILLIANT. Thanks for the explanation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:30 AM   #51
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So you equate the alleged rape with Republicans. You see parallels between Trump and Brown because of this.( No why would you say that is Brown a republican?) Now every Trump supporter is a rape supporter.( no.. Most Tump supporter doesn't care if He was accused of rape But with Brown its get rid of him he is a stain on the Pats sorry if that to cryptic of a comparison for you) Got it. But you don’t have TDS...WONDERFULLY BRILLIANT. Thanks for the explanation you should be a defense lawyer but not sure using TDS all the time is considered is a defense
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:38 AM   #52
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,392
Thanks for adding clarity to your statement. I guess I was not aware you had gathered evidence indicating most Trump supporters wanted Brown off the team.👍🏽
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com