Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And the reasons that contribute to lower Vaccine rates ( of maybe 2% from others ) are not because misinformation or vaccine hesitancy.. As i am sure will be suggested,Many blame the relatively lower vaccination rates in communities of color on “vaccine hesitancy.”

Access issues lack of internet another example But access issues persist, even in hospital systems. Bell was horrified to discover that members of environmental services — the janitorial staff — did not have access to hospital email. The vaccine registration information sent out to the hospital staff was not reaching them.

Texas has the largest Black population in the country

yet

There are two main groups within Texas’ unvaccinated population: white conservatives in rural areas, and Hispanic and Black people in big cities.

For example, in Dallas County, 58% of the people in neighborhoods that are majority white were fully vaccinated as of July 26. Those rates are far ahead of neighborhoods that are majority Black and Hispanic, which are 37% vaccinated.
Why are they unvaccinated?

Mistrust is the leading cause of vaccine hesitancy, Lakey said, and the core of the mistrust usually depends on a person’s culture.

Hesitancy for white conservatives, he said, hinges on “distrust of government,” while for Hispanic and Black residents it’s often a “lack of trust in the health care system” because of generations of disparities in the American system.

And there it is in a nutshel! l the 2 are not remotely the same! one groups reason imagination and misinformation driven.. and the other is forged in experience and history and limited access to information and basic medical care .

“For some individuals who have not had a lot of experience interacting in the health care system — perhaps they don’t have a primary care physician — this might create further doubt when we start talking about a vaccine because these kinds of experiences are new,” said Dr. John Carlo, CEO of Prism Health North Texas.
so it’s stupid for white republicans to distrust the government ( who have been wrong regarding this disease again and again and again and again).

but you have zero criticism for blacks who distrust the current healthcare system, when obviously there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

the government and healthcare industry combine together to research, produce, test, and approve the vaccine.

yet your conclusion is essentially this…republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

democrats who refuse to get the vaccine because they don’t trust it will help them, are totally justified in thinking so.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-07-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so it’s stupid for white republicans to distrust the government ( who have been wrong regarding this disease again and again and again and again).

but you have zero criticism for blacks who distrust the current healthcare system, when obviously there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

the government and healthcare industry combine together to research, produce, test, and approve the vaccine.

yet your conclusion is essentially this…republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

democrats who refuse to get the vaccine because they don’t trust it will help them, are totally justified in thinking so.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
You make a lot of assumptions yet provide zero to support them?

Who brought white and Republicans into this?

I loves these

there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

20% of Black adults could not access health insurance compared to 10% in white and Asian adults. For Latinx adults, this figure was 35%. A 2012 study also found that predominantly Black zip codes were 67% more likelyTrusted Source to have a shortage of primary care physicians (PCPs).
I doubt Trump fixed that like he did Black unemployment LOL

republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

Yes Jim they are they are such morons they say exactly why they refuse to get the vaccine..
Haven’t you been paying attention to anything Republicans have said and done since the start of the pandemic 😷
Old 12-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You make a lot of assumptions yet provide zero to support them?

Who brought white and Republicans into this?

I loves these

there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

20% of Black adults could not access health insurance compared to 10% in white and Asian adults. For Latinx adults, this figure was 35%. A 2012 study also found that predominantly Black zip codes were 67% more likelyTrusted Source to have a shortage of primary care physicians (PCPs).
I doubt Trump fixed that like he did Black unemployment LOL

republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

Yes Jim they are they are such morons they say exactly why they refuse to get the vaccine..
Haven’t you been paying attention to anything Republicans have said and done since the start of the pandemic 😷
i want to make sure i get this straight. you’re saying low black health insurance participation, is because of racism in the healthcare industry? not because of socioeconomic challenges facing blacks?

do you think companies look at employees in the same job, and offer health insurance to whites but not blacks?

stick to…whatever it is that you do. you really, really stink at this.