Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-30-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Half-beast Rachael Maddow said it would take "weeks" for Navy hospital ships to help

Why does anyone listen to this sexually ambiguous circus freak? In all seriousness, how many chances does someone get to be totally, laughably wrong, before people stop listening?

Maddow's comment, 10 days ago...

"There is no sign that the Navy hospital ships that the president made such a big deal of, the Comfort and the Mercy, there is no sign that they’ll be anywhere on-site, helping out anywhere in the country, for weeks yet."

Will she apologize? Will ANYONE ask her why she assumed it would be weeks? No, and no.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comfort.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	66994  

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-30-2020 at 04:58 PM..
Old 03-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
scottw

weren't we also given all sorts of reasons why these companies couldn't retool....seems like the left is hoping for the worst
Old 03-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
weren't we also given all sorts of reasons why these companies couldn't retool....seems like the left is hoping for the worst
Not aware of any.

Wonder why Jim feels compelled to attack her gender first and foremost.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not aware of any.

I'm so sorry.

Now, can you comment on how laughably wrong she was? Is it responsible journalism to be so blinded by hatred, that she'd tell her audience that help is so much further away than it really was?
Old 03-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

While you’re at it, tell us about the halfwit that said on March 6th that anyone can get tested.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
zimmy

"Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,”

Also, I hope everyone who knows or has contact with Jim gets to see this post and see what kind of a person he really is. Everyone except his kids that is. They don't need to see this side of him.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #7
zimmy

Lucas Tomlinson

@LucasFoxNews
Hospital ship Comfort based in Norfolk, Va. not able to arrive in New York harbor until mid-April for coronavirus relief: U.S. Navy officials

169 12:23 PM - Mar 18, 2020

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
"Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,”

Also, I hope everyone who knows or has contact with Jim gets to see this post and see what kind of a person he really is. Everyone except his kids that is. They don't need to see this side of him.

Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
·
1h
Hi again, Mr. President! That clip was from March 20, after you said the ship would be in New York harbor by last week. The ship was not in New York last week -- which is what I said on my show.

You were wrong about it.

No hard feelings. Everyone's glad it's there now. But...you really have been terrible about communicating true, factual information to the public in this crisis. Please let the experts and scientists speak instead.

And please nationalize the supply chain for critical medical supplies. Thanks for watching, Mr. President.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Lucas Tomlinson

@LucasFoxNews
Hospital ship Comfort based in Norfolk, Va. not able to arrive in New York harbor until mid-April for coronavirus relief: U.S. Navy officials

Clearly he is a halfbeast whose source was Maddie.

I am guessing that was based on initial estimates in the dining by the USN? I doubt it was plucked out of thin air....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

I am guessing that was based on initial estimates in the dining by the USN? I doubt it was plucked out of thin air....
Yeah, that is the ":U.S. Navy Officials" part. Cuomo had also said at the time that the Navy gave him mid April as the projection. "Will ANYONE ask her why she assumed it would be weeks?"

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:24 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

read Maddows qute, she was clearly scoffing Trumps idea that the hospital ships could help soon.

In 8 years of Obama, how many times do you suppose that Maddow scoffed at an idea of Obama's, and told her viewers that an Obama ide couldn't pan out? especially in matters this important?

And will Maddow admit she was wrong? That's part of this. You offer opinions all day every day, you're going to be wrong occasionally.

Maddow said that Hilary would win in a landslide.

Mddow said she had Trums tax records, and that was it, he was done.

Then she said Russian collusion would bring him down. The Mueller report would establish that.

Then she said obstrustion would bring him down.

And Russia, Russia, Russia!

When Obama promised that his stimulus package would keep unemployment below 6% (or was it 8%), and instead it shot over 10%, did Maddow ask Obama how he could be wrong by milllions of jobs? Did she, Bry?

If she's not the enemy of the people, she's pretty close. She really abuses the protections we afford the press.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
spence

Sounds like Jim has got a crush on someone
Old 03-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
·
1h
Hi again, Mr. President! That clip was from March 20, after you said the ship would be in New York harbor by last week. The ship was not in New York last week -- which is what I said on my show.

You were wrong about it.

No hard feelings. Everyone's glad it's there now. But...you really have been terrible about communicating true, factual information to the public in this crisis. Please let the experts and scientists speak instead.

And please nationalize the supply chain for critical medical supplies. Thanks for watching, Mr. President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
read Maddows qute, she was clearly scoffing Trumps idea that the hospital ships could help soon.

In 8 years of Obama, how many times do you suppose that Maddow scoffed at an idea of Obama's, and told her viewers that an Obama ide couldn't pan out? especially in matters this important?

And will Maddow admit she was wrong? That's part of this. You offer opinions all day every day, you're going to be wrong occasionally.

Then she said Russian collusion would bring him down. The Mueller report would establish that.

When Obama promised that his stimulus package would keep unemployment below 6% (or was it 8%), and instead it shot over 10%, did Maddow ask Obama how he could be wrong by milllions of jobs? Did she, Bry?

If she's not the enemy of the people, she's pretty close. She really abuses the protections we afford the press.
- 5 points for spelling, looks like your head is getting ready to explode. Or did you get into Judge Jeaninne's Cardbordeaux?

How dare anyone criticize your hero?

It certainly is a good reason for that old standby........But Obama

Perhaps since you are Rachel's greatest fan you can get in the wayback machine and find out if she criticized the guy who was president 3 years ago.

And as long as you brought up Russia, the Russians tell us that Trump* had a telephone call with Putin again.

Maybe the Stable Genius is looking for election help again?????????

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lucas Tomlinson

@LucasFoxNews

Looks like the commander in chief got the Navy to get it's ass in gear and get it there ahead of expectations.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not aware of any.

I have found that most conservatives that are anti gay are actually repressing their own dark homoerotic urges.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:35 AM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

No idea. I don't watch her. Your outrage is one-sided though unless you are on here pointing out all the times Fox was wrong about Obama. Hell not long before the 20th Hannity was going on about how Covid19 was no big deal. He flipped that opinion pretty Damn fast.

She is no more news than Hannity.

TDF I put more faith in the USN getting it going faster because it was needed, with or without CIC wanting it faster.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-31-2020, 04:41 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:

Hell not long before the 20th Hannity was going on about how Covid19 was no big deal. He flipped that opinion pretty Damn fast.

you watch hannity?
Old 03-31-2020, 04:42 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I have found that most conservatives that are anti gay are actually repressing their own dark homoerotic urges.
makes sense
Old 03-31-2020, 07:28 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
i’m not anti gay. i was for gay marriage long before obama
and hilary. but maddow goes on her show and tells lies about conservatives every single
night and goes unchallenged. when someone does that often enough and in a vile
enough way, at some point you’ve had enough.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
No idea. I don't watch her. Your outrage is one-sided though unless you are on here pointing out all the times Fox was wrong about Obama. Hell not long before the 20th Hannity was going on about how Covid19 was no big deal. He flipped that opinion pretty Damn fast.

She is no more news than Hannity.

TDF I put more faith in the USN getting it going faster because it was needed, with or without CIC wanting it faster.
her and hannity are the
mirror images of each other.

pelosi is blaming trumps inaction. yet no one points out the irony that in late february, she was telling her constituents to gather together in public in large numbers. Same thing with Diblasio.

No one on the left suggests those two have blood on their hands. Why is that?
Old 03-31-2020, 07:31 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
using that logic, do you feel all the liberals here have secret urges to endorse Trump?
Old 03-31-2020, 07:47 AM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
After a similarly vile post I once asked Jim something like would he be proud if his wife saw the post and he replied with something like she would agree with him.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
After a similarly vile post I once asked Jim something like would he be proud if his wife saw the post and he replied with something like she would agree with him.
My wife has great disdain for Maddow, for the same exact reason she feels the same way about Hannity.. Not sure why you care to know that, but when someone goes on TV every night and insults the beliefs you hold most dear (not just disagrees with them which is fine, but attacks those who hold them), I'm not sure what you expect. Maybe a better person than I am would feel sorry for Maddow nd Hannity, I don't. They're both thoughtless and they both hate everyone who disagrees with them.

Again, we see your contempt for vile language is very politically specific.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Really? Where is your post calling Hannity a half-beast and making fun of his sexuality?
Kettle, Pot, Black.
Back to work + home schooling. Have fun arguing today boys!

Bryan

Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
My wife has great disdain for Maddow, for the same exact reason she feels the same way about Hannity.. Not sure why you care to know that, but when someone goes on TV every night and insults the beliefs you hold most dear (not just disagrees with them which is fine, but attacks those who hold them), I'm not sure what you expect. Maybe a better person than I am would feel sorry for Maddow nd Hannity, I don't. They're both thoughtless and they both hate everyone who disagrees with them.

I just think you are a angry petty person. Why else point out what she said? I don't feel the need to point out the things Hannity said.

You pretty much insult everyone here who disagrees with you. You constantly insult liberals.

Make any comment you want, I won't post again in this thread.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Really? Where is your post calling Hannity a half-beast and making fun of his sexuality?
Kettle, Pot, Black.
I'm not sure on what basis I'd call Hannity a half-beast. As far as I know, Hannity doesn't go out of his way to shove his sexuality in the face of his viewers. Maddow does, and does it for the purposes of showing that anyone who disagrees with her choices, Is necessarily a bigot. As opposed to, say, Trump, who has gone out of his way to shove his sexuality in my face, and I've called him a morally bankrupt reptile for doing so, a hundred times. Where's the hypocrisy, exactly?

Bryan, I like engaging you, you're fair. But when Pete claims my mother is a truck stop prostitute and Paul says very explicitly that he doesn't care what Pete said, I can say with 100% accuracy that Pauls outrage is selective, which necessarily means it's fake.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:10 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
I just think you are a angry petty person. Why else point out what she said? I don't feel the need to point out the things Hannity said.

You pretty much insult everyone here who disagrees with you. You constantly insult liberals.

I know you think that. You're entitled to your opinions.

In my experience when people (1) can't respond logically to what you're saying, but (2) aren't adult enough to admit you have a point, they resort instead to lobbing baseless insults. From where I sit, liberals do that a lot. They are often forced to doing so, because (again in my opinion) so many of their ideas are easily shredded by empirical results (their entire economic platform), common sense (not understanding that if you pay teenage girls to have babies, more of them will have babies), or basic decency (late=term abortions, judging people by skin color and gender).

Paul, let's re-cap...

Paul: Jim, it's wrong to use hateful language in a political forum.

Jim: Paul, Pete said my mother performs sex acts at a truck stop to support her drug habit.

Paul: I don't care what he said. But I'm holding you to a standard that I will never hold Pete to.

Jim: That seems inconsistent.

Paul: Why are you so angry?

Yup, you sure showed me.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:12 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Total p*ssy as usual.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-31-2020, 08:15 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:

"You pretty much insult everyone here who disagrees with you.'

Nope. I've never come close to being hateful to Bryan. Because he has never done anything remotely close to deserving it.

I have had very spirited disagreements with Scott and Detbuch and TDF and John R. But always respectful.

When someone resorts to ugliness, I will often respond in kind. I don't start off that way.

I've never seen Pete have a respectful disagreement with any conservative on any topic, but you never chastise him. You only care when conservatives do it.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #30
wdmso

Dont worry My pillow guy is on the job and Fox is in full blown defend Trump mode

Mainstream media mocks White House appearance of 'My Pillow Guy' Mike Lindell despite contribution to virus fight

I doubt his efforts were what was being mocked, they are honorable. ,,but his bending of the knee on national television was the reason his appearance was mocked and trumps desire for him to run as Gov of Minnesota , after is recent issue with the sitting governor did not go un noticed

God gave us grace on November 8, 2016, to change the course we were on," the pro-Trump businessman said. "God had been taken out of our schools and lives, a nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the word. Read our Bible and spend time with our families."With our great president, vice president and this administration and all the great people in this country praying daily, we will get through this and get back to a place that’s stronger and safer than ever.”

But Rachel is so horrible for suggesting to Trump Stop with the arbitrary deadlines