Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #31
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

This is what happens when you put a megalomaniacal serial liar reality TV star in the White House. Eventually a real crisis comes along. One that requires steady leadership & honesty at the top & the ability to fully harness the resources of the US government. We have none of that.

America's large number of uninsured, together w/ heavy Trump-era negative incentives for undocumented & legal immigrants to use available healthcare services (public charge rule, deportation, etc) will make it virtually impossible to contain coronavirus spread in this country.

Then the tweet will come: It is all Pence's fault. He was only in my administration a short while and I did not know him well.

Then it will end with CDC Director Jared Kushner frantically Googling "caronnavirus?" as a pandemic sweeps across the country.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What are you talking about, Trump said we would be down just just two cases in the next couple days and I heard him say this week the stock market looked good; he wouldn’t lie to the American people it’s just not in his nature.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

The Stable Genius is now fully embracing the conspiracy theory that his assorted enemies are deliberately hyping the coronavirus threat, all to damage him politically. At his Wednesday news conference, He agreed with Rush Limbaugh’s suggestion that his foes are “weaponizing” the outbreak against him.

So we may be seeing, for the first time, how our ignorant, incompetent, narcissistic psychopath of a president deals with a real crisis not of his own making.

Approximately 76.9 million people visited the United States in 2017, the most recent year reported.

Checking the body temperatures of air transportation passengers landing in the USA is next to useless. The incubation period can be between 3 and 14 days before passengers carrying the virus bacteria begin to show any signs of illness and higher than normal temperatures.

The virus bacteria is NOT ONLY spread by breathing, sneezing and coughing. It is also spread by simple touching the same items a person carrying the bacteria has touched.
A single virus bacteria carrier on a aircraft can contaminate everything he touches inside the cabin. The virus is a Living Bacteria Organism and it can survive and live upon surfaces touched by a carrier for up to 72 hours. You can touch the handle bar on a shopping cart and get it if another person who used that shopping cart had it.

"Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs," said Philip Tierno Jr, Professor of Microbiology and Pathology at NYU School of Medicine.

He said much remains unknown about the virus. "I'm not certain that this is not bi-phasic, like anthrax," he said, meaning the disease appears to go away before recurring.

PS: Quarantines will NOT help very much. What we do not yet know is ___ If you contacted the virus today and if you recovered next week __ are you still carrying and spreading the virus bacteria after you recovered from having it???

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Stable Genius is now fully embracing the conspiracy theory that his assorted enemies are deliberately hyping the coronavirus threat, all to damage him politically.
If it's a political deep state conspiracy we have nothing to fear, resume the flights from China, stop the hand washing, shake hands with strangers, short stock in Pfizer

Trump didn't even know the flu killed a lot of people every year so it can't be that bad. Pence has a poor track record with disease control so he's perfect to lead the non-response necessary.

Oh, and a note to the so called experts who spoke at Trump's presser, you're about 1000 points from all getting fired. Might as well resign now.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

How long until we see the first big story about the president and other political officials pressuring the CDC behind the scenes to downplay warnings about the Coronavirus?

Stable Genius said that “Mike is going to be in charge, and Mike will report back to me.” Mr. Pence said it will be Dr. Birx. Meanwhile, Alex M. Azar II, the health and human services secretary, remains the chairman of the government’s coronavirus task force.

Lucky that this White House has soberly cultivated exactly the reputation for truthfulness, probity, and scientific acumen that will allow it to calm us in these troubled times.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #37
wdmso

when the POTUS and his allies have made it their mission to discredit science the media and the Government. the have created that no information is truthful not even their own spin on the situation.. because 1/2 off the country doesn't trust Trump and the other half only trust Trump ..
Old 02-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

CA Gov. Newsom: California currently monitoring 8,400 people for suspected coronavirus
Obviously a plot
Old 02-27-2020, 03:10 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
CA Gov. Newsom: California currently monitoring 8,400 people for suspected coronavirus
Obviously a plot

The coronavirus outbreak has reached a "decisive point" and has "pandemic potential", World Health Organization head Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus says

WHO is in on it as well ...PS its in Ireland

it affecting the world not in deaths (thats never been the driving concern) but the way it has been so prolific spreading world wide and its disruption of supply chains and the global economy..

Just imagine having a job a mortgage car payment and you get this virus or someone you know gets it .. Bam your out of work 14 days if your lucky.. if not you get sick who knows for how long ...

who pays your bills who pays your medical bills ,, where do you go when all Hospitals get tapped out . (if it gets that bad )

Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.

Trump just expects the Best and it ends there
Old 02-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Pence, who prays for End Times and the Rapture is in charge of a global pandemic.

But don't worry, the preacher has a cure.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-27-2020, 03:30 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

It was only a matter of time before the mob would blame corona on Trump.

This is snowflake brilliance from the predominant alliance.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It was only a matter of time before the mob would blame corona on Trump.

This is snowflake brilliance from the predominant alliance.
I worry about your comprehension, hope this isn’t early signs of things to come, because I don’t think anyone blames Trump for anything; other than suggesting we have nothing to worry about or that he has egg on his face for cutting the department and people we will need to address this as it expands.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I worry about your comprehension

I don’t think anyone blames Trump for anything
Old 02-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Like I said nobody here is blaming Trump for this virus, but he is so concerned about his re-election, he misleads the public and contradicts his own experts standing beside him. He says it’s not inevitable and they say and know it is. He claims there are only 15 cases and they know the number is closer to 60. He claims the market is reacting to the democratic debate and not the global impact this pandemic is having. Best least educated president of our lifetime!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He claims the market is reacting to the democratic debate and not the global impact this pandemic is having. !
Thats beyond idiotic of him to say. The market is reacting favorably to the chit show on the left, the market knows there's little chance they will win. The last three days are obviously because of the virus, this is him at his worst.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #46
PaulS

He clearly is the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 02-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He clearly is the greatest president of our lifetime
probably want to wait till his second term is over...but...so far so good...despite the leftist poodles and media constantly nipping at his ankles
Old 02-27-2020, 08:05 PM   #48
Jim in CT

early on in the epidemic, trump refused to allow anyone from certain regions in china to enter the us. some people called him a bigot for doing that.

the guy can’t win.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #49
Sea Dangles

While the market falls, the mob closes in. Certainly, this has Trump’s fingerprints all over it.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #50
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
early on in the epidemic, trump refused to allow anyone from certain regions in china to enter the us. some people called him a bigot for doing that.

the guy can’t win.
Quit watching Tucker.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #51
PaulS

Let's not forget the greatest president of our lifetime just proposed a budget that lowers the CDC budget by 700 million.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #52
Sea Dangles

Let’s not forget to consider a flu shot.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #53
PaulS

I am sure VP Pence with his love of science will suggest that shortly.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:02 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Top 8 Largest Dow Jones Drops in American History.

1) Trump: -1,191 2/27/20
2) Trump: -1,175 2/5/18
3) Trump: -1,032 2/8/18
4) Trump: -1,031 2/24/20
5) Trump: -879 2/25/20
6) Trump: -831 10/10/18
7) Trump: -800 8/14/19
8) Trump: -799 12/4/18

WINNING.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Quit watching Tucker.
didn’t watch tv last night, did tucker mention this? because its true, he was called a xenophobe and bigot.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:18 AM   #56
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

the guy can’t win.
They handled it so poorly a whistle blower felt compelled to expose the bad practices used, which put healthy people at risk, but pray for that Trump miracle because that’s what will be needed to avoid the inevitable.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

60 confirmed cases in the US out of a population of over 325,000,000. Even in comparison to the percentage of Native American blood coursing through Liz Warrens veins, that is minuscule.

How about relaxing and take a breath
Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #58
PaulS

Yes, the Dems. should act like how the Repubs. treated Obama during the Ebola outbreak.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #59
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Top 8 Largest Dow Jones Drops in American History.

1) Trump: -1,191 2/27/20
2) Trump: -1,175 2/5/18
3) Trump: -1,032 2/8/18
4) Trump: -1,031 2/24/20
5) Trump: -879 2/25/20
6) Trump: -831 10/10/18
7) Trump: -800 8/14/19
8) Trump: -799 12/4/18

WINNING.
I suspect today might be putting that number one spot in jeopardy. Consumers not spending, travel taking a hit, manufacturing down and this will add to it, orange man is most likely freaking out and looking for that next conspiracy theory to blame this all on.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

The market has been looking for a reason to drop for a few years and while the virus might have been the trigger, there have been a number of other negative indicators that were largely ignored by the news cycle because it was full of Twittler's baloney.

If you think Wall Street is saying it will be ok we have The Chosen One, Kudlow, Ross and Mnuchin on top of it, I've got a bridge for you.

Between the endless baloney, Agolf's propping of the market and his disruption of worldwide trade with his easy tariff wars we are getting what was coming sooner or later and the tools to work on it have been expended.

I await with bated breath what the Stable Genius will do to get himself reelected, we know what he thought other presidents could or should do to get that done.

Lets Go Darwin