Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

What part of Pro-Life is letting people die to help the Dow

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong!
10:16 AM · Mar 24, 2020

When you combine a total lack of leadership with an absence of critical thinking skills and add zero accountability, you have a complete picture of the Trump Administration. The above combination always proves lethal in any crisis situation, and this will be no exception.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
wdmso

An Arizona man has died and his wife is in a critical condition after both ingested a form of chloroquine in an apparent effort to guard against Covid-19.

The drug has been touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for the virus.

It is also an additive commonly used to clean fish tanks.

Shortly after ingestion, the couple fell ill,

The couple were both in their 60s.

So sad they went all in Based on what Trump said...
Old 03-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
An Arizona man has died and his wife is in a critical condition after both ingested a form of chloroquine in an apparent effort to guard against Covid-19.

The drug has been touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for the virus.

How about we call an idiot an idiot, natural selection took his dumb ass out.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Quote:

I am glad he didn’t tell them to jump off a bridge.

Thanks for sharing the stupidity 👍🏽

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Please do not take medical advice from a man who looked directly at a solar eclipse.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

LOTS of people
are touring this drug, including doctors. So how would
you know that these people took this drug because if what Trump
said?

Also hearing they took the wrong kind.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
Jim in CT

wdmso, i looked it up, he took the wrong chemical. he fish tank cleaner is not for human consumption.

Are you man enough to retract your blaming this on Trump. Trump didn’t tell anyone to ingest fish tank cleaner. but a bad thing happened, so your instinct was to blame
him.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
LOTS of people
are touring this drug, including doctors. So how would
you know that these people took this drug because if what Trump
said?

Also hearing they took the wrong kind.
They didn't take the drug. They drank fish tank cleaner which had chloroquine as one of the ingredients. They just took it on their own. Didn't get it from a doctor or hospital, who would have given them the pharmacological form used as medicine and in combination with other medicinal things.

As Dad Fisherman said "natural selection took his dumb ass out.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #9
detbuch

Sorry Jim. Was posting mine just after you and didn't see your post. wdmso may have gotten his info from the usual fake news which selects the part of info that's supposed to make Trump stupid, and leave out the rest of the story.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Sorry Jim. Was posting mine just after you and didn't see your post. wdmso may have gotten his info from the usual fake news which selects the part of info that's supposed to make Trump stupid, and leave out the rest of the story.
if he’s getting his news from sources that say trump
is somehow to blame for this, he should re-think where he gets his news. Because his current source is taking him for a sucker.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, i looked it up, he took the wrong chemical. he fish tank cleaner is not for human consumption.

Are you man enough to retract your blaming this on Trump. Trump didn’t tell anyone to ingest fish tank cleaner. but a bad thing happened, so your instinct was to blame
him.
man thought aquarium cleaner with the same name as the anti-viral drug chloroquine would prevent coronavirus. It killed him.

In Maricopa County, Ariz., a couple in their 60s watched politicians and news anchors on TV tout chloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that has shown the ability to disrupt some viruses but that has not yet been proved effective against the novel coronavirus.

Guess what channel they were watching trump ostriches the lot of ya keeping your heads planted firmly in the sand

How can you not blame Trump for spreading bad information
President Donald Trump once again praised an unproven treatment for the coronavirus during a press briefing at the White House on Monday — just hours after an Arizona medical facility announced a fatality from someone trying to self-medicate with it.

Trump erroneously claimed during a briefing last week that the FDA had approved the drug to treat COVID-19.

Last edited by wdmso; 03-24-2020 at 03:02 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #12
Jim in CT

wdmso, please show us where Trump suggested it’s a good idea to ingest anything other than the actual drug?

this is really pathetic, even for you.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
man thought aquarium cleaner with the same name as the anti-viral drug chloroquine would prevent coronavirus. It killed him.

In Maricopa County, Ariz., a couple in their 60s watched politicians and news anchors on TV tout chloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that has shown the ability to disrupt some viruses but that has not yet been proved effective against the novel coronavirus.

Guess what channel they were watching
and it’s not the same
name. it has chloroquine as an ingredient.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, please show us where Trump suggested it’s a good idea to ingest anything other than the actual drug?

this is really pathetic, even for you.
your really cherry picking aren't you... you dont understand how or why this man took something he thought would protect him and his wife ,
after Trump erroneously claimed during a briefing last week that the FDA had approved the drug to treat COVID-19.

The man's wife, who asked her name not be used to protect her privacy, told NBC News that she took the drug after "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

"We were afraid of getting sick,"
Old 03-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #15
Jim in CT

earth to wdmso, they took something completely different from the drug that people are saying helps.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #16
detbuch

Since South Korea seems to be the model here for dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, here are the treatment Guidelines from South Korea:

According to the Korea Biomedical Review, the South Korean COVID-19 Central Clinical Task Force guidelines are as follows:

1. If patients are young, healthy, and have mild symptoms without underlying conditions, doctors can observe them without antiviral treatment;

2. If more than 10 days have passed since the onset of the illness and the symptoms are mild, physicians do not have to start an antiviral medication;

3. However, if patients are old or have underlying conditions with serious symptoms, physicians should consider an antiviral treatment. If they decide to use the antiviral therapy, they should start the administration as soon as possible:

chloroquine 500mg orally per day.

[the guidelines mention other antivirals as further lines of defense, including anti-HIV drugs.]

4. As chloroquine is not available in Korea, doctors could consider hydroxychloroquine 400mg orally per day (Hydroxychloroquine is an analog of chloroquine used against malaria, autoimmune disorders, etc. It is widely available as well)

5. The treatment is suitable for 7 - 10 days, which can be shortened or extended depending on clinical progress.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
earth to wdmso, they took something completely different from the drug that people are saying helps.
no kidding they just saw the key words chloroquine..and we all know the answer ..... the wife basically said as much

just like we all know where Covid 19 started ..

but let's defend Trump for calling it the chineses virus

Yuanyuan Zhu was walking to her gym in San Francisco on March 9, thinking the workout could be her last for a while, when she noticed that a man was shouting at her. He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”,

Trump he was kind enough to say It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus....is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!

my only point has been taking the drug or or suggesting the bus run her over ..guess where did they get that idea from? the suggestion need not be Direct or even intended, innuendo for some is all they need
Old 03-24-2020, 04:15 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
no kidding they just saw the key words chloroquine..and we all know the answer ..... the wife basically said as much

just like we all know where Covid 19 started ..

but let's defend Trump for calling it the chineses virus

Yuanyuan Zhu was walking to her gym in San Francisco on March 9, thinking the workout could be her last for a while, when she noticed that a man was shouting at her. He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”,

Trump he was kind enough to say It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus....is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!

my only point has been taking the drug or or suggesting the bus run her over ..guess where did they get that idea from? the suggestion need not be Direct or even intended, innuendo for some is all they need
did trump ever hint to anyone, that they should ingest any product where one of the ingredients is chloroquine?

You’re denying the virus started in China now?
Old 03-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #19
Jim in CT

ive seen a lot on this forum, i’ve never seen anything as stupid as implying that trump is responsible for this death.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
ive seen a lot on this forum, i’ve never seen anything as stupid as implying that trump is responsible for this death.
agree... we're in uncharted territory
Old 03-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

As long as you are looking at South Korea for guidance.

Lee Wang-jun, the leader of the Working Group of the Korean Hospital Association's COVID-19 Emergency Response Headquarter and chairman of Myongji Hospital, also said the country needed a long-term measure to fight COVID-19, given that community-acquired infections were gradually rising nationwide, setting aside Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province.

“We hope that this upward trend could peak in late March or early April and recede later on. Even if we get a respite in late April, the outbreak is likely to continue throughout this year and maybe into next year, or a year after that,” Lee said.

Lee predicted that the influx of the pandemic would become a new source of infections, and sporadic cluster infections will continue. Even if a treatment is developed, it will mainly treat pneumonia in severe patients, he noted.

“It is difficult to expect a drug like Tamiflu, and the vaccine development seems to be also challenging,” he added.

Lee warned that repeated spreads of COVID-19 could occur when the following conditions were met: a global pandemic, an explosive rise of COVID-19 patients in the U.S. and Europe, the inefficiency of the healthcare system of the U.S., the winter in the southern hemisphere, and the possibility of COVID-19 becoming an endemic disease in Africa.

Although the next two weeks are crucial to prevent a further spread of COVID-19, people should not expect that temporary social distancing would end the pandemic early and return to normal, Lee warned.

“You should not make a strategy with an expectation for an end. We can’t go back to normal. We should prepare for the new normal of an infectious disease era,” he emphasized.

Lee called for reorganizing the Korean healthcare system to prepare for a long-term battle against the virus.

“The healthcare system should be changed to fight a sustainable battle, not an emergency maneuvering battle,” he said.

Lee proposed dividing the emergency medical capacity all focused on COVID-19 containment into two – a stable medical system to respond to the virus infection and a normal patient care system.

“The government should reorganize the regional control towers so that the government-led disease control leadership does not create conflict with the on-site medical workers,” he said.

Korean society needs a new philosophy and a creative disease control strategy for a long-term fight. People should know that the medical workers’ dedication and citizens’ participation are most important to efficiently choose and focus resources and workforce, and distribute and manage them, Lee added.

Meanwhile Trump* unwittingly lets Pence propose the Rapture in the weeks after Easter.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Perhaps a better interpretation of what happened to these poor souls is that stupid people believe Trump*.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
He’s literally siphoning the IQ points out of the atmosphere with this argument.

It’s like one Giant never ending Popsicle headache

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As long as you are looking at South Korea for guidance.
I'm not looking at SK for guidance. You seemed to look to it as a model as compared to what you profess that Trump did or didn't do. For those who feel that the SK model is so good and better than Trump's, and that Trump is stupid or dangerously saying something that might inspire folks to harm or kill themselves, I pointed that the chloroquine drug is part of the recommended guide to treatment by the supposedly superior SK guidance for treatment.

I would think that people like wdmso, if he had a serious attack of the virus that doctors had run the course of treatment and could no longer help, he would appreciate the information that there is a drug that has effectively been used to reverse the effects of the virus. Maybe I'm wrong, but if there was nothing else the doctors could do for wdmso, and he was about to enter the eternal unknown, I think he would give a chloroquine drug cocktail a try.

In spite of your "Perhaps a better interpretation of what happened to these poor souls is that stupid people believe Trump*", if you were in a position that doctors could no longer help you with FDA approved medicine to recover from the virus, wouldn't you be glad that someone, a "leader," informed us that there was something that might help, that it has helped, and that he was helping to provide the drug to our medical facilities?
Old 03-24-2020, 05:47 PM   #25
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Guess what channel they were watching trump ostriches the lot of ya keeping your heads planted firmly in the sand

How can you not blame Trump for spreading bad information
President Donald Trump once again praised an unproven treatment for the coronavirus during a press briefing at the White House on Monday — just hours after an Arizona medical facility announced a fatality from someone trying to self-medicate with it.

Trump erroneously claimed during a briefing last week that the FDA had approved the drug to treat COVID-19.
I told my 21 year old daughter about this perspective. She replied that some people are just idiots. Not sure if she was referring to you or the other idiots.🤷🏿#^&♂️

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-24-2020, 06:11 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I told my 21 year old daughter about this perspective. She replied that some people are just idiots. Not sure if she was referring to you or the other idiots.🤷🏿#^&♂️
Could be she was referring to Trump suggesting churches should be able to be full of worshipers on Easter.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #27
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Could be she was referring to Trump suggesting churches should be able to be full of worshipers on Easter.
No, she was referring to the stupidity being propagated by Wayne.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Please do not take medical advice from a man who looked directly at a solar eclipse.
It took a while but you made a funny.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
There are no words.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I'm not looking at SK for guidance. You seemed to look to it as a model as compared to what you profess that Trump did or didn't do. For those who feel that the SK model is so good and better than Trump's, and that Trump is stupid or dangerously saying something that might inspire folks to harm or kill themselves, I pointed that the chloroquine drug is part of the recommended guide to treatment by the supposedly superior SK guidance for treatment.

I would think that people like wdmso, if he had a serious attack of the virus that doctors had run the course of treatment and could no longer help, he would appreciate the information that there is a drug that has effectively been used to reverse the effects of the virus. Maybe I'm wrong, but if there was nothing else the doctors could do for wdmso, and he was about to enter the eternal unknown, I think he would give a chloroquine drug cocktail a try.

In spite of your "Perhaps a better interpretation of what happened to these poor souls is that stupid people believe Trump*", if you were in a position that doctors could no longer help you with FDA approved medicine to recover from the virus, wouldn't you be glad that someone, a "leader," informed us that there was something that might help, that it has helped, and that he was helping to provide the drug to our medical facilities?
Should I do the bow down before your great wisdom baloney
Trump* is incapable of leading

Lets Go Darwin