Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yea, cause a 17 year old kid who went to the store for Skittles and soda would just randomly attack someone? Happens all the time...

Or, Martin was being followed and felt threatened. If he was, and did attack Zimmerman it's still going to be manslaughter because Martin had every legal right to be doing what he was.

The evidence needs to show that Martin was committing a crime, not that he wasn't. You're asking for the prosecution to prove a negative here.

-spence
"Yea, cause a 17 year old kid who went to the store for Skittles and soda would just randomly attack someone? Happens all the time..."

Earth to Spence...you weren't there.

Spence, I'd love to know what you were saying in the first day or two after the Duke lacrosse rape case eploded onto the scene.

You liberals crack me up. You won't call the Ft Hood shooter an Islamic terrorist despite overwhelming evidence. But you have no problem rushing to judgment here.

As always, if it serves the liberal agenda, it must be true. It it spits in the face of the liberal agenda, it must be false.

By the way, I think Zimmerman is probably guilty of something here. But from where I sit, there's all kinds of ways to raise reasonable doubt. Zimmerman says he was attacked, the back of his head is covered in blood, that's a whole lot of reasonable doubt right there.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #62
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

"'d love to know what you were saying in the first day or two after the Duke lacrosse rape case exploded onto the scene"

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...s-thing-3.html

About 3/4 of the way down the page, mixed in w. a friendly insult to Nebe

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #63
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Yea, cause a 17 year old kid who went to the store for Skittles and soda would just randomly attack someone? Happens all the time..."

Earth to Spence...you weren't there.

Spence, I'd love to know what you were saying in the first day or two after the Duke lacrosse rape case eploded onto the scene.

You liberals crack me up. You won't call the Ft Hood shooter an Islamic terrorist despite overwhelming evidence. But you have no problem rushing to judgment here.

As always, if it serves the liberal agenda, it must be true. It it spits in the face of the liberal agenda, it must be false.

By the way, I think Zimmerman is probably guilty of something here. But from where I sit, there's all kinds of ways to raise reasonable doubt. Zimmerman says he was attacked, the back of his head is covered in blood, that's a whole lot of reasonable doubt right there.
And you were milking every last blame/attack on liberals you could muster when the kid who lost his crap lit up the afghanis.

Stay classy Jim! Stay classy!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #64
PaulS

Quote:

Spence, I'd love to know what you were saying in the first day or two after the Duke lacrosse rapecase eploded onto the scene. I guess b/c he's a liberal and all liberals think alike?

You liberals crack me up. [/COLOR]stereotyping?[/COLOR]As always, if it serves the liberal agenda, it must be true. It it spits in the face of the liberal agenda, it must be false.As always, if it serves the cons. agenda, it must be true. It it spits in the face of the cons.l agenda, it must be false. yadda yadda yadda
All your anger is gonna kill you.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
And you were milking every last blame/attack on liberals you could muster when the kid who lost his crap lit up the afghanis.

Stay classy Jim! Stay classy!
I didn't say I was classy. I'm saying I'm correct. And when liberals stop talking about facts or relevent opinions and hurl insults instead, that's when I know I've won.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

All your anger is gonna kill you.
Wrong as usual. I'm not brainwashed by either side. I have said before, I think liberals have great arguments when it comes to gun control and gay marriage. I voted for Bill Clinton and thought he was a pretty good president.

I can, and do, think for myself.

And unlike most liberals, I learn from my mistakes. Liberals still have egg on their faces from the Duke lacrosse debacle, and yet here they are, assuming this guy is guilty because the race issue (made up in this case, but don't let that stop you) has you all foaming at the mouth like a bunch of Hitler Youth shouting "Sieg Heil!".
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #67
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No Difference...which is pretty much why there will probably be an acquittal
exactly the point I've been trying to make!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #68
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
assuming this guy is guilty because the race issue (made up in this case, but don't let that stop you) has you all foaming at the mouth like a bunch of Hitler Youth shouting "Sieg Heil!".
Putting words in our mouth again, huh... All liberals... huh?

I assume he is guilty of something because based on my interpretations Zimmerman put himself in a situation that culminated in him shooting an unarmed kid who Zimmerman thought was suspicious (But was not committing a crime). My take on this would be exactly the same if Zimmerman was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, liberal, republican, and if Trayvon was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, whatever! Ultimately it will be UP TO A JURY OF HIS PEERS to decide if he committed a crime or not. Either way, this is a tragedy for both sides.

I posted a link to a thread back to the Duke case where I (as a liberal) specifically decried what Jackson/Sharpton etc.. were doing in that case with race and guilt.

But then again, I'm a liberal, so you KNOW what we all think

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 05-04-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Putting words in our mouth again, huh... All liberals... huh?

I assume he is guilty of something because based on my interpretations Zimmerman put himself in a situation that culminated in him shooting an unarmed kid who Zimmerman thought was suspicious (But was not committing a crime). My take on this would be exactly the same if Zimmerman was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, liberal, republican, and if Trayvon was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, whatever! Ultimately it will be UP TO A JURY OF HIS PEERS to decide if he committed a crime or not. Either way, this is a tragedy for both sides.

I posted a link to a thread back to the Duke case where I (as a liberal) specifically decried what Jackson/Sharpton etc.. were doing in that case with race and guilt.

But then again, I'm a liberal, so you KNOW what we all think
My position is that liberals, as a group, convicted the Duke lacrosse players before many facts were in. Today, most liberals, as a group, are doing the same thing here. That's my position, and I stand by it. If you are getting worked up because I didn't qualify my statement with "most liberals", or "nearly all liberals", I'm sorry. If I say "liberals think this", or "liberals think that", I don't mean every single liberal with literally zero exceptions. I'm talking about the group.

I think you knew what I meant, but hopefully that clears it up.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #70
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
My position is that liberals, as a group, convicted the Duke lacrosse players before many facts were in. Today, most liberals, as a group, are doing the same thing here. That's my position, and I stand by it. If you are getting worked up because I didn't qualify my statement with "most liberals", or "nearly all liberals", I'm sorry. If I say "liberals think this", or "liberals think that", I don't mean every single liberal with literally zero exceptions. I'm talking about the group.

I think you knew what I meant, but hopefully that clears it up.
Clarification not needed.

I think you equate what you see in the media with how 'Liberals' think... just like there is a spectrum of conservatives who don't all just watch Fox News with their heads nodding like a bobble head doll, there is a large % of liberals who can (and maybe do) watch MSNBC without accepting it all as gospel truth.

Just keep that in mind please.

Bryan

Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Clarification not needed.

I think you equate what you see in the media with how 'Liberals' think... just like there is a spectrum of conservatives who don't all just watch Fox News with their heads nodding like a bobble head doll, there is a large % of liberals who can (and maybe do) watch MSNBC without accepting it all as gospel truth.

Just keep that in mind please.
"I think you equate what you see in the media with how 'Liberals' think... '

I base my opinion of liberals' beliefs on what I see and hear everywhere. What else can I do? I don't let Sean Hannity tell me what to think, I'm not that simple-minded.

"there is a large % of liberals who can (and maybe do) watch MSNBC without accepting it all as gospel truth. "

That may be true, but it's not true just because you say it. And I don't see a lot of that. What I see is a guy like Juan Williams, a liberal, who says one conservative thing, and he gets fired from Public Radio (of all places).

I see almost perfect monolithic thinking on the left. Very, VERY little diversity of opinions. I don't say that because some right-wing nut tells me to say it. I say it because that's my observation, and I pay more attention to this stuff than most folks.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #72
PaulS

Quote:
Wrong as usual. I'm not brainwashed by either side. I have said before, I think liberals have great arguments when it comes to gun control and gay marriage. I voted for Bill Clinton and thought he was a pretty good president.

I can, and do, think for myself.

And unlike most liberals, I learn from my mistakes. Liberals still have egg on their faces from the Duke lacrosse debacle, and yet here they are, assuming this guy is guilty because the race issue (made up in this case, but don't let that stop you) has you all foaming at the mouth like a bunch of Hitler Youth shouting "Sieg Heil!".
Seems like a lot of anger there. You say you don't sterotype but 50% of your posts have either "all" or "most" liberals (or some variation) and yet you say you think for yourself. Your actions don't match your perception of yourself.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #73
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
exactly the point I've been trying to make!
Then why are we arguing....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #74
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Then why are we arguing....
Didnt think we were, I was arguing with Jakwad, er, I mean Likwid who apparently can only see things one way. The 911 call can easily be spun in Zimmermans favor, not many murders call the police and provide their name, address, phone number and location minutes before committing a crime. Not many murders stay at the crime scene and cooperate fully with the police. I believe there is a ton of evidence that will be viewed in a way that will acquit Zim. I cant see how spence and lw cant see this. Im not saying right or wrong but come on, I dont see how the prosecution has a case they can prove.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #75
PaulS

Quote:
"I see almost perfect monolithic thinking on the left. Very, VERY little diversity of opinions. I don't say that because some right-wing nut tells me to say it. I say it because that's my observation, and I pay more attention to this stuff than most folks.
Perhaps you should go back and look at the posts in this thread and look at the opinions of the people who tend to come at points from the left and from the right? Do that and see which side seems to have the "monolithic" thinking.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps you should go back and look at the posts in this thread and look at the opinions of the people who tend to come at points from the left and from the right? Do that and see which side seems to have the "monolithic" thinking.
Perhaps you should look up the word "monolithic", because I see nemerous examples of that stereotypical liberal thinking here.

Because the dead kid was black, and only because he is black, most liberals have convicted this guy.

One of the liberals here even managed to compare Israel with terrorists in this thread, somehow. That's pure, liberal, monolithic thinking.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like a lot of anger there. You say you don't sterotype but 50% of your posts have either "all" or "most" liberals (or some variation) and yet you say you think for yourself. Your actions don't match your perception of yourself.
I never said I don't stereotype, can you avoid making stuff up please?

Not all stereotypes are invalid.

I'm not angry, either. I'm just correct in this case. Let the justice system play out, and when this guy gets acquitted, hunker down and prepare for the typical liberal reaction - namely anarchist rioting. and feral mayhem.

When OJ got acquitted, I don't recall seeing conservatives burning cars and throwing bricks through windows. Why is that?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #78
spence

Quote:
Didnt think we were, I was arguing with Jakwad, er, I mean Likwid who apparently can only see things one way. The 911 call can easily be spun in Zimmermans favor, not many murders call the police and provide their name, address, phone number and location minutes before committing a crime. Not many murders stay at the crime scene and cooperate fully with the police. I believe there is a ton of evidence that will be viewed in a way that will acquit Zim. I cant see how spence and lw cant see this. Im not saying right or wrong but come on, I dont see how the prosecution has a case they can prove.
I've never asserted that Zimmerman is a murderer or even a racist. I have asserted I think he's going to be convicted of manslaughter. A good upstanding citizen can royally #^&#^&#^&#^& up and kill someone in an illegal manner.

There's a reason the system doesn't like vigilante justice, it blurs the line and heads straight down a slippery slope.

-spence
Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #79
spence

Quote:
That may be true, but it's not true just because you say it. And I don't see a lot of that. What I see is a guy like Juan Williams, a liberal, who says one conservative thing, and he gets fired from Public Radio (of all places).
Stating you're afraid of Muslims is a "conservative" thing to say?

Wow, just wow.

-spence
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #80
PaulS

Quote:
Perhaps you should look up the word "monolithic", because I see nemerous examples of that stereotypical liberal thinking here.

Because the dead kid was black, and only because he is black, most liberals have convicted this guy.

One of the liberals here even managed to compare Israel with terrorists in this thread, somehow. That's pure, liberal, monolithic thinking.
Really, did you go back and do what I suggested you do or instead just respond back w/your typical anger and insults? I'll bet you didn't review the thread.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #81
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:

And there you have it folks, the race card has been dealt.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #82
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I've never asserted that Zimmerman is a murderer or even a racist. I have asserted I think he's going to be convicted of manslaughter. A good upstanding citizen can royally #^&#^&#^&#^& up and kill someone in an illegal manner.

There's a reason the system doesn't like vigilante justice, it blurs the line and heads straight down a slippery slope.

-spence
spence, this is tiring. we usually disagree but this time you're really surprising me. A vigilante MEANS something. They are people who take the law into their own hands, they go out on their own to deliver justice on someone, right?
Zimmerman CALLED THE COPS ! HE TOLD THE COPS WHERE HE WAS!
By definition - vigilantes dont call the police! the incident didnt occur hours after the call, it was minutes after. He suddenly had some change of heart?
He never in the 911 call said "I'm gonna get this guy" or "I'm going kill this bastard"
If you listen to teh call, Zimmerman sounds SCARED, not aggressive
That didnt happen, he called the police and gave his name, phone and address.
How do you think the altercation happened. Trayvon said hey why are your following me? Zimmerman then pulled out his gun? Really? If so, you're tellng me Trayvon has balls to then attack Zimmerman ( we know that happened to to Zims wounds) ??? You think he attacked after the gun was pulled? If not, then it appears likely Trayvon acted first.
Think about it.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #83
spence

Then why didn't Zimmerman stay in his truck?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Stating you're afraid of Muslims is a "conservative" thing to say?

Wow, just wow.

-spence
Liberals (sorry, most liberals) deny a connection between Islamic terrorists and Islam. Most conservatives concede the connection.

Most liberals deny the connection between the vast majority of those who want to blow us up, and Islam, which motivates them. Obama, a leader of liberalism, wants a "negotiated peace" with the Taliban, yet liberals say that conservatives are declaring war on women? So women have nothing to fear from the Taliban, but they need to be worried about Paul Ryan?

Now THAT is worthy "wow...just wow."

Conservatives admit mathematical realities. Liberals happily ignore mathematical realities when it serves their kooky agenda.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-04-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
And there you have it folks, the race card has been dealt.
Please. The race card was dealt when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson started screaming that the kid was lynched because he was black. There are documented cases of white people being beaten by blacks, because of their race, in retaliation for this case. But you're saying I just dealt the race card, just now?

Please. Talk sense. You're making this too easy for me.

Likwid, you're going to deny that the race of the victim has many liberals rushing to judgment?

Likwid, I didn't play the race card here. I correctly pointed out that your side played the race card here, with zero evidence that race had anything to do with it (as usual, for your side).
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
. I have asserted I think he's going to be convicted of manslaughter.
-spence
No, no. You said it was "his job" to stay in the car. That's what you said, and it's B.S.

I also suspect he's probably going to be convicted of a lesser charge, mostly to keep the anarchists on your side of the aisle from burning the state of Florida to the ground, which they have a tendency to do when things don't go their way. Especially when your leaders like Al Sharpton get all the morons good and worked up over a bunch of lies.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #87
Piscator

Hey guys, stripers are in!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #88
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Oh how cute! A personal attack! Let me make a funny like you RIJimmy; steers and queers. Hurry up, they're calling you.

And lets look at some facts.
"They always get away" his words
"Damn coons" his words
Seems he thought he was doing the 'right' thing. And I bet he thought he was in the right for shooting the kid.

Jimmy, lets get down to brass tacks here, are you afraid of black people?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #89
spence

Quote:
Jimmy, lets get down to brass tacks here, are you afraid of black people?
Well, it would be the conservative way

-spence
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, it would be the conservative way

-spence
It would? Really?

Read some history, Spence. Conservatives led the charge to abolish slavery. Conservatives led the charge to end segregation. The last time the Civil Rights Act was defeated in the US Senate, it was fillibustered by 2 senators from the Democratic party - Robert Byrd (who the Dems made president of the Senate, making him 3rd in line for succession to the office of President) and Al Gore, Senior.

My party wants to give blacks the tools they need to succeed. Your party wants to cripple them for life, by patting them on the head, saying "there, there", and giving them a welfare check. That's worked out just great for the last 30 years, hasn't it?

Thanks to your party's welfare programs which pay teenagers to have kids out of wedlock, 70% of black childred are born out of wedlock. 70%. Not a great cultural leap forwrd in my book.

Spence, when you get past the bullsh*t rhetoric and look at the truth, the air is pretty clean on my side when it comes to race.

Your party, not mine, put a former Klansman to be 3rd in line for the office of the President, until his death in 2010. And Robert Byrd used the "n" word in a TV interview the year he died, so it's not like he turned over a new leaf.

Have fun weaseling your way out of that little fact.