Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Completely HOSED

That's right, the Patriots versus the Broncos and the Refs last night, ya that game, the Pats were obviously hosed.
Roger got his Christmas present early when the Chung penalty was called for touching Thomas, it cost the game and that was only one of the many bad calls and non calls.
I give Denver a lot of credit for a well played game on their part, Anderson was great and Sanders made some great plays on some accurate throws. Manning would not have won that game.

McDaniels was inconsistent with play calling I thought, start of the second half and 3 running plays? wtf Josh! And I fully expected a run after Gronk made the first down, not a pass and wiping out of Gronk.

Maybe this should be in the grump forum

That was one TOUGH loss

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

It sucked - officiating really sucked - plus a lot injuries hurt the Pats, WX conditions hurt both , and I am not sure how/if Peyton would have been better.

Hopefully Gronk is not under a major injury at the moment, hopefully just a sprain.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

From an eagles fan fyi..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12313982_431819903684561_1276135161855072646_n.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	61917  

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Nebe

I've said it many times. Most professional sports are rigged. You say bad call... I say the call was made to fit the plan. $$$$$$$
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Someone pass me a tissue.
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Someone pass me a tissue.

If the Pats lost every remaining game and Oakland won every remaining game (neither is gonna happen) Oakland could TIE the Pats season record

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The product being put out by the NFL is getting worse by the week. Officials should be full time employees. Not some moonlighting dentist or insurance agent. Fixed outcomes are not out of the question.....

Yes it was a crappy loss, but I am not terribly upset with having the perfect season off the table. Now to just focus on the playoffs, home field, and getting healthy, even if that means sitting some starters or holding back on returning those from injuries. The past two games have been awful.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
If the Pats lost every remaining game and Oakland won every remaining game (neither is gonna happen) Oakland could TIE the Pats season record
Correct.
Neither will happen, and you won't see me whining like Pats fans because it doesn't !
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #9
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I have almost given up on watching foot ball. Just too damn many commercials and the refs are horrible. If I have nothing better to do of or the weather sucks I may waste some time watching but the days of planning my day around football is long gone for me and I was and avid fan since the late 60's.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:44 AM   #10
Raven

Thumbs down

rigged calls......

bad calls

what ever their name all swept under the rug
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:44 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Bill and Tom Say it Best......

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 12-01-2015 at 06:59 AM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
beamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Officials should be full time employees. Not some moonlighting dentist or insurance agent. Fixed outcomes are not out of the question.....
Don't know if that would be better??? Seems to me if full time that would give Roger more time to mold the refs to outcomes he favors.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #13
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

utter hose job. nfl should be totally embarrassed by refs this year. tb said it best.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #14
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Refs didn't drop the punt. Regardless I am pleased Mercury Morris and crew will be hanging in Carolina not NE.

Seriously they lost in OT to the best defense in the league with zero top line talent.

Not to mention the good guys are coming back at the right time. And they are playing some tomato cans coming up.
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #15
Slipknot
Super Moderator

the refs have been horrible this year all around in all games not just the ones I watch. Last week there were so many errors, that whistle was bad but at the end, I would rather have seen the Bills get one more shot than the ref allowing time to run out with their lame excuse when the guy clearly got out of bounds in time and was not giving himself up. But The pats have had more than their share of bad calls gone against them the last three games that it is clear that they have to beat the refs and the other teams.
If I can vent about it online, it helps me, because I can't call or email Goodell since he removed his info long ago.
It has gotten to the point of absurdity where the refs are anticipating Gronk pushing off so they throw a flag.
I hope they get some players back this week

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #16
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

i'd love to see the film that they send to the nfl.....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
the refs have been horrible this year all around in all games not just the ones I watch. Last week there were so many errors, that whistle was bad but at the end, I would rather have seen the Bills get one more shot than the ref allowing time to run out with their lame excuse when the guy clearly got out of bounds in time and was not giving himself up. But The pats have had more than their share of bad calls gone against them the last three games that it is clear that they have to beat the refs and the other teams.
If I can vent about it online, it helps me, because I can't call or email Goodell since he removed his info long ago.
It has gotten to the point of absurdity where the refs are anticipating Gronk pushing off so they throw a flag.
I hope they get some players back this week
It becomes less absurd when you realize it's a rigged game.
I was crushed when I learned pro wresting was scripted when I was a kid.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #18
Slipknot
Super Moderator

so fantasy football and gambling have ruined football as we knew it?
I think it is ineptness and the human nature of the refs tendencies

Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #19
Cool Beans

my spin on this is, I think the referees during training are shown video footage of all the various penalty infractions and unfortunately they used a LOT of Patriots film. For example, I think the "Classic Offensive Pass Interference" call shows film of Gronk "pushing #^&#^&#^&#^&.

They never actually tell the refs to hit the Pats more, but human nature is, when the ref sees Gronk do anything close to what the "training film" shows, it clicks in the refs mind OPI ! OPI ! and out goes the flag.
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote