Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #421
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and the evidence of that is????

school hired a team of lawyers who interviewed hundreds of people, there was zero evidence that Jordan knew what was going on. there are two lawsuits that claim he knew. but no evidence yet.

your standards for what constitutes evidence of wrongdoing are quite, shall we say, flexible, aren’t they? depending upon the politics?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Knew that would get your attention and run to his defense ..

Yet we have had several people interviewed about Trumps doings . And your talk to me about standards of evidence.. lol....
So seeing Jordan didnt witness the abuse 1st hand but heard about , he bears no responsiblity..
Heres the lastest i am sure its a dem lead smear campaign against Jordan
8 nov 2019

A college wrestling referee claimed in a new lawsuit that he told Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and another coach two decades ago that an Ohio State University team doctor had masturbated in the shower in front of him.
But Jordan, who at the time was an assistant Ohio State wrestling coach, and then OSU head coach Russ Hellickson just shrugged off the shocking claim about Dr. Richard Strauss, the suit says.
Jordan and Hellickson responded, "Yeah, that's Strauss," according to the lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in Columbus, Ohio.

I would think he would be a mandated reporter a person who, because of his or her profession, (coach) is legally required to report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the relevant authorities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #422
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the report said one person ( not jordan) knew, didn’t conclude
anyone else knew.

that is known as legally innocent.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Seems like based on the following people should be examining Jordan.


A professional referee says in a lawsuit filed Thursday that disgraced doctor Richard Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and that he reported the encounter directly to Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who was then the assistant coach.


John Doe 42 is the second person to say he told Jordan directly about either being approached or molested by Strauss, who was found by independent investigators to have sexually abused 177 male students over two decades.

Other former Ohio State wrestlers have said Jordan had to know about Strauss because he shared a locker room with them and took part in discussions about the doctor, who died in 2005.

An investigation commissioned by the university and conducted by the Perkins Coie law firm found that what Strauss was doing was an “open secret” and that the coaches and administrators at Ohio State knew for two decades that the doctor was abusing students but failed to stop him, according to a report released in May
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #423
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Knew that would get your attention and run to his defense ..

Yet we have had several people interviewed about Trumps doings . And your talk to me about standards of evidence.. lol....
So seeing Jordan didnt witness the abuse 1st hand but heard about , he bears no responsiblity..
Heres the lastest i am sure its a dem lead smear campaign against Jordan
8 nov 2019

A college wrestling referee claimed in a new lawsuit that he told Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and another coach two decades ago that an Ohio State University team doctor had masturbated in the shower in front of him.
But Jordan, who at the time was an assistant Ohio State wrestling coach, and then OSU head coach Russ Hellickson just shrugged off the shocking claim about Dr. Richard Strauss, the suit says.
Jordan and Hellickson responded, "Yeah, that's Strauss," according to the lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in Columbus, Ohio.

I would think he would be a mandated reporter a person who, because of his or her profession, (coach) is legally required to report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the relevant authorities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
gibberish.

there’s zero evidence, zero, that jordan knew what was happening. but he’s conservative, so an allegation is enough for
you to convict.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #424
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Tissue - like every other man in America.
Not very green. AOC would not approve
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #425
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
gibberish.

there’s zero evidence, zero, that jordan knew what was happening. but he’s conservative, so an allegation is enough for
you to convict.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There is far, far more evidence that Jordan knew than there is evidence J. Biden did anything wrong w/Burisma and H. Biden. There are people who are claiming they have first hand evidence that Jordan was told and did nothing.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #426
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Not very green. AOC would not approve
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He could have used a sock as he would have had access to the athletic dept. clothing and laundry services.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #427
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
There is far, far more evidence that Jordan knew than there is evidence J. Biden did anything wrong w/Burisma and H. Biden. There are people who are claiming they have first hand evidence that Jordan was told and did nothing.
you keep saying that. yet the formal report done by the school, contained exactly zero
evidence that jordan knew anything.

let’s do a thorough review of what the bidens did, and if it shows they did nothing, i’m fine with that. but the left doesn’t want to discuss it. gee i wonder why that is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #428
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you keep saying that. yet the formal report done by the school, contained exactly zero
evidence that jordan knew anything.

let’s do a thorough review of what the bidens did, and if it shows they did nothing, i’m fine with that. but the left doesn’t want to discuss it. gee i wonder why that is.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You earlier said that only one person knew and then I posted where the law firm who did the investigation said that it was common knowledge. Jordon was involved in the program and you have 2 people who are saying they told Jordan about the perv.

So you want to ignore the 2 people who are claiming first hand knowledge of Jordan's knowledge and the law firm who said lots of people involved w/the program (as was Jordan) knew about the perv. yet you want to investigate J. Biden w/no (zero evidence, zero!!!!) credible proof he did anything corrupt.

What a joke.

Should your town's police chief investigate your pedophila (and I don't think you are one)?

Last edited by PaulS; 11-18-2019 at 03:34 PM..
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #429
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You earlier said that only one person knew and then I posted where the law firm who did the investigation said that it was common knowledge. Jordon was involved in the program and you have 2 people who are saying they told Jordan about the perv.

So you want to ignore the 2 people who are claiming first hand knowledge of Jordan's involvement and the law firm who said lots of people involved w/the program (as was Jordan) knew about the perv. yet you want to investigate J. Biden w/no (zero evidence, zero!!!!) credible proof he did anything corrupt.

What a joke.

Should your town's police chief investigate your pedophila?
if the law firm said it was “common knowledge”, where’s the list of people they claim knew?

i don’t get how 177 (?) kids were abused and no one knew. but i haven’t seen any evidence that jordan knew.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #430
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,134
democrats remind me of the narrator of Curse of Oak Island
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #431
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
gibberish.

there’s zero evidence, zero, that jordan knew what was happening. but he’s conservative, so an allegation is enough for
you to convict.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How did I know you were going to land on were picking on him cuz hes a Republican

Just pointing out you dont need to see or witness wrong doings to have an idea somethings not right... in ohio or the whitehouse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 11-18-2019 at 05:05 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #432
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
How did I know you were going to land on were picking on him cuz hes a Republican

Just pointing out you dont need to see or witness wrong doings to have an idea somethings not right... in ohio or the whitehouse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so we’ll impeach him, because a disgruntled former
employee with blatant inconsistencies in her testimony, “has an idea” somethings not right. That’s what you’re saying now?

let’s use a wee-jee board ( no idea how to spell it) to
see if he gets impeached or not. you want to nullify a fair and free national election, because his actions don't feel right to someone he fired...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #433
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

let’s use a wee-jee board ( no idea how to spell it)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ouija
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #434
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Ouija
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
seriously?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #435
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so we’ll impeach him, because a disgruntled former
employee with blatant inconsistencies in her testimony, “has an idea” somethings not right. That’s what you’re saying now?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You’re repeating lies again, just like your hero Floridaman
Pompeo knew 100 percent that the Yovanovitch removal was all a setup. We know that because, when Senator Bob Menendez asked Pompeo’s deputy secretary of state, John Sullivan, about Yovanovitch — at Sullivan’s Senate confirmation hearing on Oct. 30 to become the next U.S. ambassador to Moscow — he stated that she had served “admirably and capably.” When Menendez asked Sullivan whether Giuliani was behind her removal, Sullivan baldly declared that Giuliani was “seeking to smear Ambassador Yovanovitch, or have her removed. I believed he was, yes.”

Those were the words of Pompeo’s own deputy!

But they’ve never come out of Pompeo’s mouth. Though he reportedly argued privately to the President to keep Yovanovitch in place, Pompeo faithfully executed Trump’s order without uttering a word to defend his ambassador’s reputation in public. Would you want that #^&#^&#^&#^& as your commanding officer or leader of the State Department? He’s as slimy as they come.
Nobody left in Floridaman’s administration has a spine
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #436
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
seriously?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yep

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #437
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,134
if he had a Ouija board he could ask it how to spell Ouija
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #438
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so we’ll impeach him, because a disgruntled former
employee with blatant inconsistencies in her testimony, “has an idea” somethings not right. That’s what you’re saying now?

let’s use a wee-jee board ( no idea how to spell it) to
see if he gets impeached or not. you want to nullify a fair and free national election, because his actions don't feel right to someone he fired...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Keep ignoring what competent people have all testified to..

And keep ignoring all thoses who refused to show after subpoenas

So much for the rule of law..

So Republicans have gone from
1 didn't happen
2 2nd hand info
3. It happened but they never did the deal so its ok
. 4 they got the money. So again nothing happen

5. Who knows

Was clintons impeachment over turning an election??
Again do you understand the Senate will remove him if convicted
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 11-19-2019 at 11:04 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #439
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,481
Going to be another rough week for the GOP and I hope Trump has a good supply of Cheetos for all the “executive” time when he’s not (wink-wink) watching the testimony’s of the never Trumpers.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #440
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
so far its all been The Bidens were up to no good in Ukraine and Ukraine was against Trump ,,

and that bursma was left out of the official Transcript of the call???


and Tump again can't help himself


In Sunday tweet, Trump resurfaced an unfounded accusation he has raised against other officials who have testified in the probe, characterizing Williams as a Never Trumper.... this defense only seems to work for his base
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #441
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
just saw this

On the eve of Vindman's testimony, Republican Senator Ron Johnson issued an 11-page letter to top Republicans, suggesting the Purple Heart recipient may have participated "in the ongoing effort to sabotage" Trump's policies "and if possible, remove him from office".

do the conspiracy ever stop
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #442
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
\

"in the ongoing effort to sabotage" Trump's policies "and if possible, remove him from office".
no surprise here
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #443
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no surprise here
To bad getting dirt for ones self Aka Trump from the Ukraines isn't . US policy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #444
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

A college wrestling referee claimed in a new lawsuit that he told Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and another coach two decades ago that an Ohio State University team doctor had masturbated in the shower in front of him.
But Jordan, who at the time was an assistant Ohio State wrestling coach, and then OSU head coach Russ Hellickson just shrugged off the shocking claim about Dr. Richard Strauss, the suit says.
Jordan and Hellickson responded, "Yeah, that's Strauss,"
:

Jordan's response was a prescient understanding of a newly discovered gender--penist exhibitionist. It is a condition that has long manifested itself throughout human history, but has not been understood and has wrongly been condemned as an anti-social act and punished by harsh penalties that merely exacerbate the inherent need to share ones identity with other human beings. It is understood by the penist exhibistionist (a corollary gender also exists, vulvatist exhibitionist) as an act of love, and suppressing or punishing this genetic drive is a cruel and unnecessary criminalization which deprives innocent humans of actuating and expressing their gender identity. Gender studies experts believe that rather than punishing the behavior, it should be socialized by providing various safe-type spaces where it can be more humanely practiced.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #445
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,014
Jim Jordan says the Mueller investigation came back with nothing, which is an interesting way to characterize multiple, well-evidenced allegations of obstruction of justice by the President & plenty of evidence of contacts between the campaign & Russia.

The Stone trial testimony shows that Floridaman likely perjured himself in his written take home “test”imony
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #446
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,134
democraps got nothin'....this is great...hope it never ends
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #447
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,012
Prepare yourselves for more nothing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #448
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Prepare yourselves for more nothing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes Republicans have presented nothing you are correct . And I expect more of the Same
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #449
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,014
WILLIAMS: The call was unusual, political, surprising. Never seen anything like it.

VINDMAN: The call was inappropriate. Never seen anything like it.

GOP: See! They don't agree! And they won't say "bribery"!

ALL ATTORNEYS in the world: Uh, these are fact witnesses. That's not their role.

Every GOP defense today was a lie, a misstatement of evidence, a deliberate obfuscation, a slander, the creation of a false distinction, a misapplication of legal principles, or deceit about how due process works.
That is not how criminal defense works.

The Trumplicans never refuted a single point.

If it was a criminal defense, you would have a "theory of the case." Every question develops and brings forward that theory. I've watched/listened to these hearings and there is no Trumplican theory here. They're just throwing smoke grenades everywhere, like Floridaman with a sideshow of Gym Jordan screaming verbiage loud and fast.

What were Trumplicans trying to tell America about Vindman? Is he a liar? A bad soldier? A spy? A man with poor memory? No one watching these hearings could have any idea. Or see how any of these create a theory of the case or any semblance thereof. And that's because the Trumplicans don't have any defense at all.

Even if you claim Trumplicans weren't trying to defend Floridaman, but merely hurling political rhetoric during an impeachment, how is it politically wise to falsely claim that a decorated American soldier somehow is disloyal to America? Who's desperately looking for that case to be made? A little projection from Floridaman, perhaps?

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #450
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yes Republicans have presented nothing you are correct . And I expect more of the Same
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There is no reason to do so. I hope you are joking.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com