Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Sondland putting the nail in the coffin

testifies that heís making a ďpersonal guessĒ about a quid pro who. before you slam the source, itís a vide if him. his guess is good enough for me, by jiminy.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/61066642...#sp=show-clips
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Again ignoring a lot of very smart people .. who have years of understanding peoples intent..
This excuse since you didn't hear it directly from Trump it didn't happen is just a dishonest excuse...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Just a little plausible deniability on Trumps part, and he's not very good at it.


"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
More Sondland testimony!!

Sondland testified about a conversation with Trump where he asked the president what he wanted from Ukraine.



ďAnd it was a very short, abrupt conversation,Ē the ambassador said. ďHe was not in a good mood. And he just said, ĎI want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.í Something to that effect.Ē

Pow! Right in the kisser!
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #5
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
It's important to note the timing of Trump's "I want nothing..I want no quid pro quo" statement to Sondland: It occurred on September 9, the exact same day the House Intel Committee received the whistleblower's complaint....

You would have let John Gotti off also, no dirty hands for him either.

Sondland with a simple but obvious point: if the meeting wasnít tied to the investigations thenÖ. They would have just had the meeting.

It is extraordinary to hear the Republican members emphasize the absence of direct evidence for matters for which the President has blocked both testimony and documents from being turned over.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again ignoring a lot of very smart people .. who have years of understanding peoples intent..
This excuse since you didn't hear it directly from Trump it didn't happen is just a dishonest excuse...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iím responding to what the witness explicitly said. We finally have someone who has firsthand knowledge from a conversation that he participated in, rather than hearsay.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again ignoring a lot of very smart people .. who have years of understanding peoples intent..
This excuse since you didn't hear it directly from Trump it didn't happen is just a dishonest excuse...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
youíre not ignoring any smart people? Alan Dershowitz isnít smart?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
You and the Republican members emphasize the absence of direct evidence for matters for which the President has blocked both testimony and documents from being turned over.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,478
I’m betting there is a ton of evidence in the state department records and if no crime why not release it all to clear it all up. Why not give Bolton, Mulvaney or Rudy the green light to testify, oh yeah because while Sondland probably nailed the House impeachment coffin shut, those two would shovel all the dirt on top. Trump wanted to be famous, he might not have dreamed it would be for being one of the few presidents to be impeached. I think when it’s all over, the Clintons will have Trump and Melania over for a pity party.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Got Stripers; 11-20-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
youíre not ignoring any smart people? Alan Dershowitz isnít smart?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is he testifying?

And again were back to no one was told directly From Trump

So it didn't happen

But Rudy did but wont testify. shocking
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Sondland asks open ended question and it’s Trump who raises, by denying, quid pro quo. Like a child who blurts out I didn’t eat the cookies when parent didn’t mentions cookies.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Is he testifying?

And again were back to no one was told directly From Trump

So it didn't happen

But Rudy did but wont testify. shocking
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
oh, limited to people
who are testifying. which smart people who testified, proved that trump ordered a quid pro quo? i missed that.

fine, compel rudy to testify, heíll probably claim attorney client confidentiality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sondland asks open ended question and itís Trump who raises, by denying, quid pro quo. Like a child who blurts out I didnít eat the cookies when parent didnít mentions cookies.
so you cannot deny something, without admitting to it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #14
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,261
Iím not sure what testimony is watching.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #15
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so you cannot deny something, without admitting to it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Then why did Floridaman immediately respond to Sondland's "what did you want" question w/denial of quid pro quo.

Produce a rational explanation

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Produce a rational explanation
He knew he was about to be accused of Quid Pro Quo.... Quick release the aid.... What a coincidence.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Iím not sure what testimony is watching.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iím watching video of
him speaking. maybe youíre simply reading CNN headlines, which actually got demolished in real
time during recent testimony. Rep Mike Turner read a CNN headline which said Sondland connected trump to the quid pro quo, Turner asked Sondland iíd he had any evidence whatsoever that trump ordered it, Sondland said
no, other than his presumption.

thatís the testimony iím watching.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #18
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
iím watching video of
him speaking. maybe youíre simply reading CNN headlines, which actually got demolished in real
time during recent testimony. Rep Mike Turner read a CNN headline which said Sondland connected trump to the quid pro quo, Turner asked Sondland iíd he had any evidence whatsoever that trump ordered it, Sondland said
no, other than his presumption.

thatís the testimony iím watching.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Asking a fact witness if a crime was committed or to define one is silly at best but it is good for spinning and that is all they have.

You'd be better off watching Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney with that strong New York Irish cop energy as he gets Sondland to say clearly that the investigations Trump wanted would benefit Trump.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
He knew he was about to be accused of Quid Pro Quo.... Quick release the aid.... What a coincidence.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you are correct sir but the base cant follow the time Line

, so Jordon presents it as somehow Trump never wanted anything by saying see he said so clearly but leaving out the call was days after they were aware of the whistleblower complaint they tried to bury

. just like read the transcript which clearly lays out Trumps intent
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #20
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Jim Jordan: “Do you know what a quid pro quo is?”

Guy appointed as an ambassador after donating $1M to Trump’s inauguration: “I do.”

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #21
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,126
the democrat desperation is deep
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Asking a fact witness if a crime was committed or to define one is silly at best but it is good for spinning and that is all they have.

You'd be better off watching Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney with that strong New York Irish cop energy as he gets Sondland to say clearly that the investigations Trump wanted would benefit Trump.
itís silly to ask someone who spoke to trump directly, if he requested a quid pro quo. but itís not silly to overturn a national election because someone heard something from someone else about what might have happened.

The democrats didnít want to impeach Clinton, and we literally had DNA evidence that he lied under oath.

the bar has been lowered, it seems.

and youíre so unbiased, youíve stated youíve already dismissed the Durham investigation as a partisan sham, even though it hasnít been released.

you notice any trends in how your conclusions always, with zero exceptions, align with a certain political ideology?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #23
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Impeachment does not overturn an election
It is the constitutional remedy for a President who has abused his power as Floridaman has
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Impeachment does not overturn an election
It is the constitutional remedy for a President who has abused his power as Floridaman has
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
or it can be used to undo an election when you just canít accept the results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #25
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
or it can be used to undo an election when you just canít accept the results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No matter how much you wish for it Jim, Hillary will not be President
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #26
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
or it can be used to undo an election when you just canít accept the results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Thats a coup.

All Trump had to do to was avoid the situation
He finds himself in.. by

AKA acting like a Potus .. rather than a runaway train who thinks hes untouchable and cant be held accountable ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #27
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
or it can be used to undo an election when you just canít accept the results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So you are ok with a sitting president abusing their power at the expense of our national security?

Sure sounds like it.

Do you have any talking points that havenít been contradicted with testimony under oath?

You do know Nunes Is giving the house republicans nothing right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #28
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Then why did Floridaman immediately respond to Sondland's "what did you want" question w/denial of quid pro quo.

Produce a rational explanation
It was a whopping one hour after Congress announced they were going to investigate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by PaulS; 11-20-2019 at 09:28 PM..
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #29
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
He knew he was about to be accused of Quid Pro Quo.... Quick release the aid.... What a coincidence.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If asked what I want from the Ukraine I probably would have said either borscht or chicken Kiev.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So you are ok with a sitting president abusing their power at the expense of our national security?

Sure sounds like it.

Do you have any talking points that havenít been contradicted with testimony under oath?

You do know Nunes Is giving the house republicans nothing right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if a sitting VP can use withheld aid as leverage to get what he wants, i donít see why itís an ďabuse of powerĒ for a president that do the same. Certainly itís within the scope if the chief executive to ascertain the truth about what americans ( even
democrats) are doing.

i also donít think you overturn a duly elected president, over hearsay and ďpresumptionsĒ. thatís not even circumstantial evidence, which is at least evidence. as of this moment, hearsay and presumptions is all we have.

Why did Sondland read a 23-page opening statement which didnít include the words ďby the way, this is all presumption, i have zero direct evidence connecting Trump to this.Ē? Answer, because this isnít about facts, itís about getting rid of a president they hate. gimme an alternative reason for excluding such a key fact from
a 23 page opening statement.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com