Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And for anyone to not request an independent (FBI) party to investigate is blinded by partisianship.
the FBI should investigate the democrats for blind partisanship and other criminal behavior
Old 09-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #122
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

K has a reputation to protect, why wouldn’t he encourage POTUS order the one week investigation? I hope it gets done so there are no doubts, nothing to hide then what’s the problem. I don’t care if he turned into a Boy Scout, if the FBI uncovers enough to corroborate her accusation, then he should be sent packing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #123
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
K has a reputation to protect, why wouldn’t he encourage POTUS order the one week investigation?
Likely because they're going to speak with his friends and contradict a lot of sworn testimony.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #124
PaulS

There is a chance the FBI finds out she is a nut job.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

I watched parts of yesterdays performance, I'll be amazed if anything comes out of it.
I have a few comments

I don't see the upside for her doing this, not the democrats, her

I don't believe he never overconsumed, even once, never?

His best friends in high school say it never happened

What happened July first and why was Rachel Mitchell yanked when she started to pursue that question?

They definitely were in the same social circle, her father was president of Burning Tree golf club and his father is a member.

Now the rest of us are learning about the hierarchy of Washington private schools—about what it meant, in the eighties, to go to Georgetown Prep as opposed to Landon or Gonzaga, and about the girls’ schools Stone Ridge, Visitation, and Holton-Arms. By all appearances, the kids from these prep schools almost exclusively socialize with one another, and that social network informs their identities for the rest of their lives. As reporters have investigated Kavanaugh’s high-school years, many alumni have expressed fear about going on the record and alienating themselves from a close-knit community. “I guess you could call it a fraternity between a bunch of rich kids,” an anonymous alumnus of Georgetown Prep, who overlapped with Kavanaugh there, told the Huff Post. “All this #^&#^&#^&#^& happens, and then nobody really wants to talk about it, because if one person crumbles, the whole system crumbles, and everybody tells on everybody.” I spoke with another Georgetown Prep alumnus, who hated high school but still didn’t want to go on the record about what it was like there. Even for those who take less pride in the institution, what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #126
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=Pete F.;1152173]I watched parts of yesterdays performance, I'll be amazed if anything comes out of it.
I have a few comments

I don't see the upside for her doing this, not the democrats, her

How about the fact that she’s a hard to the left “Never Trumper” and the fact she no doubt getting compensated very well ($) from George Soros.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #127
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

How about the fact that she’s a hard to the left “Never Trumper” and the fact she no doubt getting compensated very well ($) from George Soros.
got any proof of that?
Old 09-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #128
Sea Dangles

Is he why she has a 900k gofundme page?
Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #129
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Is he why she has a 900k gofundme page?
Did she start it? Otherwise that is irrelevant.

She grew up at a country club. Went to UNC and has a PHD from USC. Teaches at a college.

No need for 2nd and 3rd jobs for her.

Is it a wonder women don't want to come forward when people accuse them of things like RR did.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #130
wdmso

did anyone find it odd the amount of women friends and women who stated they he knew him signed letters of support? like 65

What’s clear is that the spectre of false allegation continues to dog the reporting of sexual violence. There remains a public impression that false allegations are common and that innocent people suffer as the result of being wrongfully accused.

The evidence on false allegations rape and sexual assault – they are invariably and consistently low. Research suggests that only 4 per cent of cases of sexual violence reported to the UK police are found or suspected to be false. Studies carried out in Europe and in the US indicate rates of between 2 per cent and 6 per cent.

All I have seen here the R Man told the truth the D women lied

When we will never know the Truth even with the FBI

we need Term limits and and age limits

1 Dianne Feinstein 85 years old Democratic
2 Chuck Grassley 85 years, Republican
3 Orrin Hatch 84 years, Republican
4 Richard Shelby 84 years, 144 days Republican
5 Jim Inhofe Oklahoma 83 Republican
6 Pat Roberts 82 years, Republican
7 Barbara Mikulski 82 years, Democratic

9 Thad Cochran 80 years, Republican
10 Harry Reid Nevada 78 years, 299 days Democratic
11 Patrick Leahy 78 years, Democratic
12 Lamar Alexander 78 years, Republican
Old 09-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #131
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Care to provide any quotes from people who said that, or is that just an assumption you're choosing to make because we're not falling into lock step with the democratic thought process.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #132
scottw

Quote:

I don't think anyone has said she lied...but none of the people she named corroborated her story and her good friend that she named as being there...said she doesn't know Kavanaugh and was never at any such party.....not to mention the other gaps in her story

the republicans bent over backwards to accomodate her and to be respectful to her

the democrats bent over froward and took a dump on Judge Kavanaugh

that's the real difference
Old 09-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #133
Sea Dangles

All that is pretty much true
Old 09-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
K has a reputation to protect, why wouldn’t he encourage POTUS order the one week investigation? I hope it gets done so there are no doubts, nothing to hide then what’s the problem. I don’t care if he turned into a Boy Scout, if the FBI uncovers enough to corroborate her accusation, then he should be sent packing.
i am in favor of the investigation, but here’s why he might object. if the fbi comes back and says that they found no evidence to support his guilt, it’s nit going to change anyone’s mind who is currently opposed to him.

also, it gives the media another week to run stories saying that he is a cannibal who engages in child sex trafficking.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #135
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What the FBI reports Trumps (no pun intended) what the media reports and it’s important to get to the true as best they can.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
What the FBI reports Trumps (no pun intended) what the media reports and it’s important to get to the true as best they can.
too bad senator feinstein didn’t tell
anyone aboutbit for weeks. maybe we’d already be where you and i want to be, and maybe we’d have spared this man and his family a week of additional smearing.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #137
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
too bad senator feinstein didn’t tell
anyone aboutbit for weeks. maybe we’d already be where you and i want to be, and maybe we’d have spared this man and his family a week of additional smearing.
Feinstein said she was told not to release the letter and did not release the letter. She even asked her staff during the hearing if they released it and they all said you asked us previously and we said we did not release it. I'm guessing one of Ford's friends knew Ford sent a letter and they told the Washington Post.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #138
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You have WAY to much faith in the human race.

Facebook will have this guy grilling puppies by the end of the week

Old 09-29-2018, 03:24 AM   #139
scottw

Quote:

Feinstein said she was told not to release the letter and did not release the letter. She even asked her staff during the hearing if they released it and they all said you asked us previously and we said we did not release it.
why does she have any credibility???...the FBI should investigate her right after she's censured

Last edited by scottw; 09-29-2018 at 05:33 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #140
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You have WAY to much faith in the human race.

Facebook will have this guy grilling puppies by the end of the week
Unlike POTUS I still have faith in our FBI to do its job regardless of the outcome.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #141
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Care to provide any quotes from people who said that,
you are 100% correct no one wrote she's a liar

however my reading reading comprehension skills are spot on

But there's more than 1 way to skin a cat

if she believes what she is saying, nothing beyond allegations and hearsay, FBI missed it Does anybody believe this?

democrats are doing a fine job of mocking and delegitimizing all actual victims of sexual assault by turing it into a political weapon

2 weeks of character assasination

Most people react with emotion when falsely accused of a serious crime.

Not all accusers are correct in the recollection of who it was that harmed them.

I guess I missed the part where Merrick Garland’s integrity and reputation were destroyed on national TV.

why she has a 900k gofundme page?

I don't think anyone has said she lied
Attached Images

Last edited by wdmso; 09-29-2018 at 07:15 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 07:13 AM   #142
wdmso

7 phrases in a liar's vocabulary

The next time you suspect you're not getting the whole truth, look for these seven phrases in a liar's vocabulary:

I guess you bounce this off both of their Hearings what was said and how it was said and formulate a less emotional outcome

"Where was I last night?" — Liars will often repeat questions back nearly verbatim in an effort to stall for time. "In natural conversation, people will sometimes repeat part of a question, but restating the entire question is highly awkward and unnecessary," Meyer writes. "They clearly heard you the first time."

"Would not" — To convince people that they're telling the truth, liars will often avoid using contractions and instead emphasize the full-form verbs. "The extra emphasis in the denial is unnecessary if someone is telling the truth."

"Would never" — Liars who use the word "never" when a simple "no" would suffice are usually overcompensating. According to Gary Pearlman in an article for The South Beach Times, "When the evidence is fragile, the words they use often become bold and solid to compensate." Using words like "never" to answer a question also may be a sign that they're dodging it and refusing to answer directly: Saying "I would never cheat on you" is not the same as "I did not cheat on you."

"I don't want to talk about this."
— Someone who is telling the truth will go to great lengths to get all the facts straight, but someone who is lying wants to escape the conversation as quickly as possible. "The guilty want the subject changed," Pearlman writes. "If you believe someone is lying, then change the subject of a conversation quickly. A liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed."

"To tell you the truth …
" — Using words and statements like "honestly" and "I swear to you" could be a sign that a liar is trying a little too earnestly to convince you he's not lying. "When people use these bolstering statements to emphasize their honesty, there’s a good chance they are hiding something," says Meyer. "There’s no need to add them if you really are telling the truth."

"As far as I know …" — Qualifying statements like "The way I see it" give the speaker an out, a way to bend the truth or outright lie without being directly called on it. Meyer cautions against relying too much on this sign, however. "Hedged statements aren’t an absolute indicator of deception, but an overuse of such qualifying phrases certainly should raise suspicion that a person isn’t being totally up front with what he or she knows."

"First we went to the bar." — A skilled liar will be diligent in getting the story straight. That's why he or she will tell that story in absolute chronological order. "They don’t want to get tripped up by an out-of-place detail — there’s enough to think about already," Meyer says. "But this isn’t how we talk when being truthful. We relate stories in the way we remember them, not in strict chronological order."
Old 09-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
Feinstein said she was told not to release the letter and did not release the letter. She even asked her staff during the hearing if they released it and they all said you asked us previously and we said we did not release it. I'm guessing one of Ford's friends knew Ford sent a letter and they told the Washington Post.
oh you’re guessing that it wasn’t the democrats who stabbed her in the back and leaked her name? i’m shocked.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #144
Jim in CT

wdmso- let’s make sure we understand what you are saying. if someone accuses me of being a serial gang rapist, and i say “ i would never do that”, that means i’m probably lying?

so people who are falsely accused, need to consult with the communists guide to linguistics, to construct the proper semantics, to come across as believable?
Old 09-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #145
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
oh you’re guessing that it wasn’t the democrats who stabbed her in the back and leaked her name? i’m shocked.
Do you have any evidence of this?
Old 09-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #146
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Do you have any evidence of this?
Apparently, he doesn't need evidence. He just has to make the accusation.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:29 AM   #147
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Apparently, he doesn't need evidence. He just has to make the accusation.
Did he confide in others years ago about the event?
Old 09-29-2018, 08:38 AM   #148
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did he confide in others years ago about the event?
The fact that he didn't confide about the event could mean that there was no event occur. Besides confiding is accusing. Confiding would still be an unsubstantiated statement of the accuser. Using the accuser's words as evidence that his accusation is true is circular evidence. That is, it is not actual evidence if it has no corroboration.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-29-2018 at 08:47 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #149
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
you are 100% correct no one wrote she's a liar
so far I'm with you

Quote:
however my reading reading comprehension skills are spot on
You might want to look up the definition of "Spot On"

Out of your examples, I'll give you one, maybe 2.

Unless you are actually admitting that Hillary actually was a liar and that's why that pic says she's a liar.

You threw up one of my quotes and your super-human reading comprehension skills took that completely out of context (if Spence can use that word I can too)

It was in reference to the circus side show that was created around this, not what she said.

So work a little more on those skills, would you please.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #150
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Unlike POTUS I still have faith in our FBI to do its job regardless of the outcome.
I have faith in the FBI as well, but Facebook, Twitter, and other social media pages Being what they are, the facts will be lost in a sea of misinterpretation.