Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
FishermanTim

A small victory for the little guy!

I had an issue with my auto insurance agent, where they had issued two policies for me without my authorization.
The companies involved had billed me for the period of the "supposed" coverage.

I had already gotten insurance thru my work and supplied them with information stating the policy start date, and they refused to dismiss the charges.

I continued to reply to them that I did not request nor authorize these policies, and that they should be speaking to the agent.

Of course, that didn't work, and they sent the bills to two different collection agencies, and after I explain (once again what the problem was) they ended up tanking my credit score (from 810 to 650).

Well, I had had enough! Since they were unwilling to do what should have been done months ago I sent a complaint to the State Insurance Board explaining what had happened.

Today I received an email notification that my credit score is back up to 810!!!!

On a side note, the first ins. co involved in this fiasco sent me a refund check last month for supposed coverage for a policy I didn't have for a period I didn't pay for!
Really instills a sense of faith in a company that can screw up that much?

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 AM   #2
Raven

glad you won .....many do not come out smelling like a rose
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
FishermanTim

It always helps if you have all your "ducks in a row", and keep all the correspondence.

Learned the "ducks-in-a-row" thing years back when dealing with auto insurance and accidents. Documentation will ALWAYS beat out hearsay. More than once I've had insurance investigators say "We love people that take pictures, it makes our job much easier!"

It also makes you more likely to win an appeal if you can prove your point with facts and not opinion.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
Raven

Talking lol

okay ducks
get in a row
walk the plank
get on raft

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote