Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #61
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
But Johnny "U" doesn't have any Superbowl rings!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #62
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Don't forget, before the Super Bowl, there was something called the "NFL Championship" and Johnny U won that more than once, too---and it wasn't just by handing off to Alan Ameche or Tom Matte

Of course, back then, if you wanted a ring, you had to pay for it yourself.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #63
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I hope you saw the "smilie" with his thumb in his ear......just being funny MikeP. Hey Mike...gonna post some eye candy for you soon!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #64
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Look at the post times big guy---even I can't type that fast. Just mentioned it since 28" brought him up.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #65
Surfcastinglife

hey bf diamond in the rough? he was a top 10 pick i dont think that qualifies as "rough" just yet :P im thinkin 6th round...272nd pick, now thats a diamond in the rough. a nice shiny 2 superbowl diamond
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #66
CSK

If the NFL season were to end right now, Brady would have 2 Rings and 2 Superbowl MVP's, Ben R would be a footnote.
CSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #67
Goose

why you guys so concerned about jewlery guys wear? 05' is what counts
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #68
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Surfcastinglife....I was paying a compliment in that post. Making reference to the fact that this is just his first season and he has had a great one....not comparing draft selection against Brady. You are right though.....isn't it amazing where Brady was selected!

Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #69
Surfcastinglife

ah ic my mistake then and yea great job scouting by the league guys on brady . troy brown was an 8th round selection way back when and hes had a great carreer. i guess no matter how much scouting u cant predict what will happen to a player once he gets his hands on that money and is faced with the pressures of having to earn it
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #70
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Great battle going on here with many good points but you guys are missing one crucial one. The best palyer on the Patriots is not the QB or the running back or even a player at all. It is the COACH!! No one prepares his team better for a game better than Belicheck. He knows every little detail about his opponent and takes advantage of every tiny weakness. The Pats coaching staff is "greater" than any other and has been for two seasons now. Sure, the players hafta perform but the coach gives the team a definate edge. I hope the Pats play Pitt so I can laugh at Cowher's facial contractions and scowls as he is out-coached (again)

spinn

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:39 PM   #71
Vectorfisher

Spinn don't pat yourself to hard on the back, you are only partially right. While Bill B might be a good coach I think the entire staff has to be credited for the teams play. I hear all of this talk about Bill B being the best coach, well if you look back to his days as Clevelands coach what do you say about that, Bill Cowher his staff and the Steelers owned the Browns, so I don't think you can say it is one coach making the team as succesful as it has been.
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #72
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
While Bill B might be a good coach I think the entire staff has to be credited for the teams play.

Of course the staff is credited....and who hired the Staff?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
I hear all of this talk about Bill B being the best coach, well if you look back to his days as Clevelands coach what do you say about that, Bill Cowher his staff and the Steelers owned the Browns, so I don't think you can say it is one coach making the team as succesful as it has been.
That was 10 years ago......Oh I forgot the past is fine, the Steelers won 4 Superbowls, of course that was when I was still getting a nickle a day for my Milk Money.

Bill B is 2-1 against the Steelers w/ his Current Team including beating them in the AFC Championship game AT Pittsburgh.

If its not the Quarterback and its not the Coach then who/what are the reason that a team goes to that next level?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #73
Vectorfisher

I already told you it is the whole coaching staff and the whole team, if they dont play as a team they dont win. Does anyone know what the Patriots payroll is ?? That would anwer alot of questions, I have heard they will be 80 mill over the cap.
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote