Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
How far will Obama go ?

According to some Obama will stop at nothing to get himself re-elected and is setting himself up to bomb Iran before the election, early to mid october if the polls are that close.
History shows we don't vote out a war time president.
What's your throughts, will he ?

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Who is..."Some"?? Where do you read this stuff??? Why would he bomb Iran?? (Even though I think a good ethnic cleansing of the Middle East is long overdue) I do not like either of the choices so......whatever!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

makes no sense as a strategy. he can run on a pretty good anti-terror, middle east policy.
Repubs are not suddenly going to jump on his side and he already has the dems. So, do you think Iran will sway independents? I dont think so, I think it will push more of them away

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 08-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Fly Rod

very possible....we have been building our navel presence for the last couple of months in the area off Iran under the pretense of keeping the canal open from Irans threat of closing the same....the aircraft carriers have radar blocking planes aboard which is a normal proceedure to have....Israel can not go it alone.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Nebe

If republicans keep saying that a woman's vagina can choose to get pregnant or not if raped, I see no reason obama has to worry about reelection.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
If republicans keep saying that a woman's vagina can choose to get pregnant or not if raped, I see no reason obama has to worry about reelection.
that was one nut case no one ever heard of

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Who is..."Some"?? Where do you read this stuff??? Why would he bomb Iran?? (Even though I think a good ethnic cleansing of the Middle East is long overdue) I do not like either of the choices so......whatever!
Google it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
"republican(s)"

if he was a democrat this might have improved his election chances

But before Franken was a senator he was a writer on the TV show Saturday Night Live. Then, he famously joked about raping CBS reporter Lesley Stahl.

As New York magazine reported in 1995, from a writing session that the reporter sat in on:

Franken: “And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or, ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

Al being Al
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
Nebe

Yawn
Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Yawn
exactly....thanks for making my point
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
exactly....thanks for making my point
Funny you'd attribute a quote as "famously" when I highly doubt anybody ever heard of it until now.

While Franken's satire might have been crude, that's likely to happen when you get several comedians together to write an off color skit.

I guess for you though it's all the same. Crude joke, believe that a woman's body can reject an unwanted baby. All the same.

-spence
Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny you'd attribute a quote as "famously" when I highly doubt anybody ever heard of it until now.

While Franken's satire might have been crude, that's likely to happen when you get several comedians together to write an off color skit.

I guess for you though it's all the same. Crude joke, believe that a woman's body can reject an unwanted baby. All the same.

-spence
yeah....I guess for some, rape can be "off color comedy", very "Senatorial" ....thanks for making my point as well
Old 08-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
yeah....I guess for some, rape can be "off color comedy", very "Senatorial" ....thanks for making my point as well
Off color humor, especially for someone who's paid to be a satirist isn't nearly the same thing as someone running for office who has a serious misunderstanding as to how the human body works.

Keep trying.

-spence
Old 08-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Off color humor, especially for someone who's paid to be a satirist isn't nearly the same thing as someone running for office who has a serious misunderstanding as to how the human body works.

Keep trying.

-spence
I still don't find it funny or satirical in any way but maybe that's just me funny(odd) that you can so easily brush it off but seem so deeply disturbed by the "misunderstanding"......
Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
I still don't find it funny or satirical in any way but maybe that's just me funny(odd) that you can so easily brush it off but seem so deeply disturbed by the "misunderstanding"......
It's easy to understand if someone it trying to write off color humor, less easy if someone is trying to justify public policy.

Get it now?

-spence
Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:
It's easy to understand if someone it trying to write off color humor, less easy if someone is trying to justify public policy.

Get it now?

-spence
so you are saying that you understand "rape humor"? sorry, still don't see the humor...
Old 08-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
so you are saying that you understand "rape humor"? sorry, still don't see the humor...
It's not about understanding the humor...never was.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
It's not about understanding the humor...never was.
what it was about was a "misunderstanding" according to you and I'd agree, you are the one that claimed to understand rape humor, still don't get that...but....Eben suggested that if republican"S" kept saying the kind of things that Akin said...well...it was one comment by one republican who has since profusely apologized stating that what he said was factually wrong and that saying it was also wrong, he has been pretty universally condemned by his party and it has been strongly suggested that he leave the race by just about everyone that matters...I'd be happy to provide a lengthy list of names and statements by congresspeople that are equal or greater in their comments of offensive nature and which drew little more than a NEBE YAWN...

Last edited by scottw; 08-25-2012 at 05:19 PM..