Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Jim in CT

brilliant conservative piece bashing youngsters for voting for Obama

Never heard of the author before, where has this guy been hiding. A lot like Mark Steyn...

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurts...3722/page/full
Old 11-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
spence

You're joking right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
scottw

"now fetch my latte"

"now get off my lawn"

"Brosurance"

freaking hilarious...

Spence is just upset because he actually has "HOPE and CHANGE" tattooed on his glutes....
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"now fetch my latte"

"now get off my lawn"

"Brosurance"

freaking hilarious...

Spence is just upset because he actually has "HOPE and CHANGE" tattooed on his glutes....
Many of these liberal programs are regressive taxes, designed to take money from younger folks (who, as a generation, have little net worth) and give it to older folk (who, as a generation, have much more wealth). Viewed through that lens, it makes very little sense. Try making that wrong.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"now fetch my latte"

"now get off my lawn"

"Brosurance"

freaking hilarious...

Not his glutes, his balls

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Not his glutes, his balls
Only because I heard you were farsighted.

-spence
Old 11-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Only because I heard you were farsighted.

-spence

Truth be told I wear 2.0 reading glasses

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
Mr. Sandman

To be honest, I am actually a little embarrassed what we are doing to our kids. This ACA (obamacare) is really just part of his transfer of wealth reform. OK I get the entire rich to poor transfer thing...to a point, but what I don't get is the young to old. This is exactly what this ACA is. He is demanding that young (uninsured) folks who really don't need heavy duty coverage buy it and then...please don't use it because the $ needs to go to your grandparents. Beyond sounding like a ponzi scheme, it is morally wrong IMO. This is discrimination based on age. Oh, and BTW, these kids can't afford this. You have already put on them an enormous amount of debt that they will somehow have to pay off during their lifetime and it is not like you set them all up with sweet jobs and low tax rates. What kills me even more is he encourages entrepreneurism...how the hell is one expected to succeed or even attempt to try in a climate like this?
And by the way what makes it even more sickening is the folks that made the plan...Oh, well they have a different plan, one just for them...but this is good enough for you.
Frankly the people who support this transfer of wealth concept should be very embarrassed and I don't know how they sleep at night.

And the poop has not even hit the fan...just wait till the other 80 mil get pushed into the exchange from their job when their employer says...f-this get your own insurance..., that is when this nonsense will stop, I hope!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Frankly the people who support this transfer of wealth concept should be very embarrassed and I don't know how they sleep at night.
It has nothing to do with transfer of wealth, it's about adverse selection and the premise that the health care system isn't sustainable if it's biased towards the high risk participants. That's one of the principal reasons premiums have risen so fast the past few decades...

-spence
Old 12-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It has nothing to do with transfer of wealth, it's about adverse selection and the premise that the health care system isn't sustainable if it's biased towards the high risk participants. That's one of the principal reasons premiums have risen so fast the past few decades...

-spence
It has much to do with transfer of wealth, because it represents a massive transfer of wealth, from young to old.

Sandman, I can't come up with a great rebuttal of what you raise, except to say this...if we don't take some money from the young/healthy folks to pay for the care needed by the old/sick...then what do we do with the old/sick? Kick them to the curb?

I'm not saying I support this law. I'm saying that a case can be made that it's not immoral to ask everyone to pay into the system, knowing that some will never need the system, and some will be a huge drain on the system.

When you consider this wealth transfer (from young to old) in conjunction with social security and medicare, as well as the $17 trillion in debt that we are passing on...well, you could make a very compelling case that we are screwing subsequent generations, over things that they had no say in. In fact, I can't see what any argument would be against that.

Spence, please check the union 14.5% raise thread, I think I mathematicaly proved that you are full of BS.