Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #61
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
lack of cooperation by the others helps to create a draw for aliens to illegally cross the border. (another bedtime story ) how do you explain why them came before there were things called sanctuary cities ?

Trump "Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws,

haven't seen any suggestions from the Potus on this topic

Funny theory l send those we dont want to sanctuary cities I'll show them

These people just walked some 2,269 mi what Makes Trump or you think they'll stay in the sanctuary cities and not just walk to their friend or family live or where there is work..

Simple solution from not simple problems Trumps 2020 slogan
If you think these women and children just walked 2 thousand miles you may just be a snowflake.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you think these women and children just walked 2 thousand miles you may just be a snowflake.

and if you think it was easy you my be in denial

I am sure they walked farther than the both of us have ever had to walk ..

I bet it was a relaxing 2 thousand mile trip
Old 04-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #63
detbuch

Quote:
lack of cooperation by the others helps to create a draw for aliens to illegally cross the border. (another bedtime story ) how do you explain why them came before there were things called sanctuary cities ?

Is this some military tactic you constantly employ--pick what you consider a weak spot in a post, attack it while avoiding the main strength of the argument, then somehow making it all collapse because of what you think is some major victory? The main thrust of my post was a response to what you considered an important monetary reason for states not cooperating with ICE. You totally avoided my reasoning re that and went to my throw in comment and thought you could really demolish it by calling it a bedtime story. And if you think sanctuary cities or states are not an added bonus for illegals, perhaps the dream fairy helps you sleep at night.

Trump "Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, haven't seen any suggestions from the Potus on this topic

I'm not very interested in your not seeing suggestions from the POTUS. And it's not a coherent response to the post to which you were presumably responding.

Funny theory l send those we dont want to sanctuary cities I'll show them These people just walked some 2,269 mi what Makes Trump or you think they'll stay in the sanctuary cities and not just walk to their friend or family live or where there is work..

More of your typical gibberish deflection (off the topic of my post to which you were presumably responding).

Simple solution from not simple problems Trumps 2020 slogan
Again, simply irrelevant to my post. Maybe you just wandered off and replied to some other post with one of your simple bedtime stories.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-13-2019 at 09:49 AM..
Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
how do you explain why them came before there were things called sanctuary cities ?
Who said sanctuary cities are why they come here?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
and if you think it was easy you my be in denial

I am sure they walked farther than the both of us have ever had to walk ..

I bet it was a relaxing 2 thousand mile trip
If you think I said it is easy you are making things up again.

If you think they had to walk you are mistaken again.

If you think the majority of immigrants who came to this country had a relaxing trip you are delusional. Again

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Who said sanctuary cities are why they come here?
You...

especially when the lack of cooperation by the others helps to create a draw for aliens to illegally cross the border.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #67
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you think I said it is easy you are making things up again. you never said anything as usual

If you think they had to walk you are mistaken again. So are you suggesting they didn't walk any of the 2000 miles?

If you think the majority of immigrants who came to this country had a relaxing trip you are delusional. Again

Seem you missed the sarcasm in relaxing trip that was for your comment they didn't walk
[
size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
oh well
Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #68
Sea Dangles

I am simply suggesting that they didn’t have to leave their country to begin with.

Wayne, you gobble up all the propaganda and swallow before you chew.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
(originally posted by detbuch "Who said sanctuary cities are why they come here?")

You...
"especially when the lack of cooperation by the others helps to create a draw for aliens to illegally cross the border."
Sanctuary cities are not mentioned in that last sentence that you quote me. Nor is that sentence referring to them as the reason why illegals come here.

What it refers to, if you read the whole paragraph which that sentence ends, is the ENTIRE lack of cooperation with ICE and the federal government (including the notion of not willing to foot the cost of holding aliens--the subject of your post to which my post was mainly responding, and to which you avoided rebutting). And all of that "helps" to create "a" draw, not "the" draw.

You don't seem to understand the different implications between definite articles "a" and "the." "A draw" is different in meaning than "the draw." "A" draw signifies one among others. But "the" draw denotes that there is only one. There are other reasons why they come which are helped to be realized by a draw that I mentioned,

Nowhere did I say that sanctuary cities are "the" reason they come here. Nor, even, "a" reason. I said that if cities "are not concerned about illegal aliens, even large numbers of them, in their community. . . I assume creating a sanctuary city is a statement of exactly that." And I added later that sanctuary cities are a "bonus" (not the reason).

I could consider that you're being dishonest when you twist and misconstrue as you're doing here, and have done many times before. But I think you are an honest person. So I assume that you either don't pay strict attention to what I've said (sloppy reading), or that you just don't understand it.

That's why I often say your posts are incoherent or illogical.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #70
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trumps brilliant idea to put out the cathedral fire was classic, how can we possibly question the plans coming out via Twitter from such a mind. I’m surprised he didn’t use that strategy on the dreaded caravan, he’d have put that Mexican fire out with just a couple passes.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #71
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trumps brilliant idea to put out the cathedral fire was classic, how can we possibly question the plans coming out via Twitter from such a mind. I’m surprised he didn’t use that strategy on the dreaded caravan, he’d have put that Mexican fire out with just a couple passes.

You are correct. His Water Tankers tweet was beyond effing stupid.

You could say he Acted Stupidly

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #72
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You are correct. His Water Tankers tweet was beyond effing stupid.

You could say he Acted Stupidly
And yet it had the desired effect on those who hang by his every tweet

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #73
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Quote:
Twitter isn't policy or a plan ... its just Twitter

Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #74
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
And yet it had the desired effect on those who hang by his every tweet
I think many people were just waiting to see how he could 'eff it up...and in his brilliance he managed just that.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think many people were just waiting to see how he could 'eff it up...and in his brilliance he managed just that.
were you expecting something different?

Old 04-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
"many people" are constantly just waiting to see how he can 'eff it up. TDS