Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
so because it’s worldwide, you give biden a pass.

No Jim basic economics

The covid pandemic is also worldwide, but you didn’t use that as an excuse to give trump a pass.

More simpleton comparisons shocking.. knowing Trump disregard Covid and minimized it his entire time in office

When you drastically increase the supply of something ( like dollars))

Again right wing story telling and economic cherry picking

Jim Republicans lie about why inflation is On the rise and you buy into these lies .. Republicans are unable to be honest with their voters just look at Jan 6th response.. and that’s just 1 example ..

I voted for RR both Bushes liked Bob dole then Obama Hillary cuz Trump’s a scum bag and then Biden because Trump proved he was a bigger scumbag. Than I originally thought..

So yes when the majority of Republicans follow Trump then yes Republicans Bad Dems good . Seeing dems actually do something for all Americans other than say NO 24/7
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
trump absolutely did things that impacted covid, good and bad ( you’ll exclude the good).

similarly, biden isn’t blameless in inflation. you cannot add trillions and trillions of dollars imo the market without running the risk of decreasing the value of those dollars. he owns that. not all the inflation is his fault.

you defended biden by saying “it’s global”. your obvious meaning, is that if something is global, the potus can’t prevent it. i don’t agree with that, but using your logic, trump was similarly unlucky to inherit a global crisis. but you don’t cut trump
any sock for that. because you don’t actually believe a president can’t prevent a global event, you’re just saying it to defend Biden.

america doesn’t agree with you. read the polls.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
trump absolutely did things that impacted covid, good and bad ( you’ll exclude the good).

similarly, biden isn’t blameless in inflation. you cannot add trillions and trillions of dollars imo the market without running the risk of decreasing the value of those dollars. he owns that. not all the inflation is his fault.

you defended biden by saying “it’s global”. your obvious meaning, is that if something is global, the potus can’t prevent it. i don’t agree with that, but using your logic, trump was similarly unlucky to inherit a global crisis. but you don’t cut trump
any sock for that. because you don’t actually believe a president can’t prevent a global event, you’re just saying it to defend Biden.

america doesn’t agree with you. read the polls.
Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing because in Jim’s world nothing is different or both sides do it . Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …. Bravo
Old 12-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;1218726

Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Your ability to take something that no one ever said and cobble it into an attempt at a thought to make some kind of preconceived point in an incoherent way Is pretty impressive
Old 12-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Your ability to take something that no one ever said and cobble it into an attempt at a thought to make some kind of preconceived point in an incoherent way Is pretty impressive
I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it ! I just imagine that
Old 12-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it ! I just imagine that
"I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it !"

So when you say it's bad when Trump does something, it's not a valid response for me to point out when democrats do it and you don't care? That's never a valid argument? So when you criticize Trump for doing things that you praise democrats for doing, there's no value in pointing that out.

Stop being a hypocrite, I'll stop pointing out hypocrisy.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
sounds reasonable....
Old 12-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing because in Jim’s world nothing is different or both sides do it . Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …. Bravo
"Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing"

Are you mentally disabled?

I never said Trumps good outweighs the bad, or equals out the bad. I have said 100 times he's a morally bankrupt reptile and I pray he never runs for office, or even opens his mouth in public, again.

You're in denial, not me. You deny everything about him that's not horrible.

"Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …"

I never said that. YOU said Biden has zero control over inflation, because "it's global". But you only give Biden that benefit, not Trump.

But I'll say this...it's easier to prevent global inflation from impacting the US, than it would have been to keep covid out.

Here's what I mean...you can head off inflation, try to prevent it, by decreasing the money supply, raising interest rates. There are proven, reasonable things you can do to try to minimize inflation (not guaranteed to work.).

With covid, there's no way to stop it without throwing the constitution in the toilet and completeky isolating the country from teh worls at the first mention of the word "covid". Nobody was calling for that in the fall of 2019 when that would have been necessary. Despite your claims that Trump is a crazy authoritarian, he didn't order Americans into serious quarantine. Covid was probably already here before they could have done anything to prevent it from coming. And the one thing Trump did early on (travel restrictions from China) was ridiculed by the entire left, so they wouldn't have even done that.