Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 09-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
STRIPERSHAWN

sharking east of stellwagen bank ?

hope someone can give me some info on location for sharking this week east of stellwagen bank, plan on luanching from sandwich and picking up some blue fish at race point, i know the general rule is to fish 300ft around some structure, plan on dropping a cod jig down also, any help with numbers or close location of a good piece of structure will be greatly appriaciated thanks, will post back with a full report shawn ludlow mass hyper striper
STRIPERSHAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Christian
viva the plug-o-lution

Send a message via AIM to Christian
i mostly fish the nw corner and the last few weeks there have been tuns of sharks. we hook up about 2 per trip, drifting live baits for tuuuna. i would imagine a chum slick would double that if not better. im not sure about the cod fishing on the SW but up here its pretty consistent. im still fishing like 170-180ft and pretty much limit out in about an hour or so, and i have had a few blue sharks follow me up on those spots. the cod i am catching are starting to move around i think, they are not really on top of any sort of good structure. im finding them in the flat spots all the way up to the edge. you should have no problem finding them on the fish finder if you look in areas similar to that. average fish is keeper up to like 15lbs ish.

live to fish. fish to live. rod tips high.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

start in the middle of the shipping lanes east of the bank {the pink lane on the chart} there's some very good structure there. WE got a mako there last October 16'th should be no problem with blue sharks now. If you can't get bluefish right away, forget them. Jig up something off the bottom while you set up the slick and throw a bloody filet on the hook.

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
STRIPERSHAWN

thanks guys, great info, i hope to put it too use late this week, as i plan on hitting the cape friday sat weather permittting, any other info would be great thanks shawn ludlow mass hyper striper
STRIPERSHAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
fishsmith
DDG-51

New England shark species
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
Fly Rod

Have been fishing the NW corner this week and no problem seeing sharks and them trying and sometimes getting my cod. One about
12' played around my boat for a 1/2 hour.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote