Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Finally Found 'Em

Finally got to digging thru the storage closet for tax stuff and found the rest of the prints from the Angler's Art - right where my wife said they were...sort of...

This is the very last of them - what I have is:

The Graves Fishing Club - From 1881, probably the most historic striped bass print and still impressive when you consider the primitive tackle of the day.

- A couple in 8x10 size matted out to 11x14 in both light and dark walnut burl - Was $175, now $125

- One GPFC in 16x20 size in cherry - Was $250, now $175

- 2 Gamefish of the New England Surf in 16x20 - it was exclusive to the Angler's Art, 8 Dentons superimposed over the image of a surfcaster - Was $225, now $150

- 2 Gamefish framed out to 11x14 - Were $150, now $100

- 2 full views of the Graves Point Club, about 1890, showing both the SW and SE bass stands - companion piece to the GPFC photo, 8x10 size matted out to 11x14 and framed in dark walnut burl - Were $150, now $100

Examples below, pick up in Newport, meet within a reasonable distance or I can ship 'em to you - cash, USPS MO or partial trade for pluggage, reels, what have you -

When these are gone, that's pretty much it -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPM BassStand.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	33245   Click image for larger version

Name:	GNES.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	33246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Framed GPFC.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	33249  

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 04-08-2009 at 08:38 AM..

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Charleston
Certified Mass-hole

I am interested in the "Gamefish of the New England Surf" 16X20. Is it framed? What type of plugs are you intertested in? When you say partial trade, how much cash/plugs?
Thanks.
Charleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Matty Fish

What kind of tackle are you looking to trade for? I'd really like the Graves Point club picture, let's see if we can work something out.
Matty Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
I am interested in the "Gamefish of the New England Surf" 16X20. Is it framed? What type of plugs are you intertested in? When you say partial trade, how much cash/plugs?
Thanks.
I have it framed and unframed - it's 11x14 matted out to 16x20 (it's a photographic print not a poster).

The frame I made for it is 1" antique gold. I can also do it matted only for $75 if you want to frame it yourself.

Also have it in a really nice gloss black 16x20 frame, mottled gray mat and black filigree insert around the image but print size is just a little smaller, 10x13 - don't have pix of that frame type, no digital camera right now - it was a one-off - real expensive and a PIA molding to cut and join. It's the same price as the gold-framed one, $150.

Looking to get maybe half or so cash, depending on the plugs. Looking for any Habs, but particularly jointed needles or 1.5's, Bernzy's or BMs -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Fish View Post
What kind of tackle are you looking to trade for? I'd really like the Graves Point club picture, let's see if we can work something out.
Same as above, Matty -

Prices are picked up in Newport - I ship FedEx 3rd Day, which is the safest and the same as USPS or UPS at my rate - figure maybe $12 to $20, I can let ya know on that.

Thanks, you guys - let me know

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

For those that have not seen these, they are incredible. A must for the ManCave . Chuck and the Bride have done a fantastic job with these.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
Charleston
Certified Mass-hole

Sorry. I thought the print was 16X20. The 11 X 14 size is too small for where I wanted to put it.
Charleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

No problem, Charleston -

The overall size is 16x20, wanted to make it clear it's not just a framed poster