Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
WDMSO- “ not sure why you think conservatives have better ideas on fiscal responsibility.”

For the 20th time, why are so many people fleeing liberal states for conservative states?

Cost.

When one place tries to keep taxes reasonable and live within their means (conservative) and another place has astronomical taxes but still spends more then they have (liberal), you have “no idea” which one s based on a better idea?

Well you’re the one my one with no idea. A lot of others have figured it out, and are so convinced that the conservative approach is superior, that they’re moving far away to take advantage of it.

TN has no state income tax, yet they have massive surpluses so huge that they decided to make community college free for all state residents.

CT had astronomical taxes but is so crushed by debt that tuition increases in cost at 4x the rate of inflation.

Again, you are oblivious to anything which doesn’t serve your agenda. Look at the most radically liberal states (CT, IL, CA, NY) and look at their finances. Obviously you don’t know how to do that. If you had a child’s ability to do so honestly, you’d get it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim just like Ross re post your buying into a story on why people are. Moving , because you think that’s the only reason because your sources told you to think that you also must think that they stop voting Democratic when they get there ,

Just read this Here’s the irony. Hundreds of thousands of blue state voters have been fleeing their former states in part due to Democratic-majority policies that result in high taxes, over-regulation, powerful unions, failing schools, increasing crime and anti-religious intolerance, only to support the very same “blue” ideologies and political candidates in their adopted “red” states.

Because they didn’t leave for the reason the writer claimed.. those reasons are what the writer imagined is the reason they left...

But like most of your claims you leave out 90% of the story
Old 12-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim just like Ross re post your buying into a story on why people are. Moving , because you think that’s the only reason because your sources told you to think that you also must think that they stop voting Democratic when they get there ,

Just read this Here’s the irony. Hundreds of thousands of blue state voters have been fleeing their former states in part due to Democratic-majority policies that result in high taxes, over-regulation, powerful unions, failing schools, increasing crime and anti-religious intolerance, only to support the very same “blue” ideologies and political candidates in their adopted “red” states.

Because they didn’t leave for the reason the writer claimed.. those reasons are what the writer imagined is the reason they left...

But like most of your claims you leave out 90% of the story
so what’s the other 90% of why they are fleeing blue states for red states?

funny how you say there’s so
much more to it, but don’t offer a syllable as to what that is!!!

why aren’t they moving to
other liberal states?

Have fun answering that. go hide under your bed now.

like talking to a wall. you’re literally impervious to facts, data, results. all that you have is The Narrative.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
so what’s the other 90% of why they are fleeing blue states for red states?

once again looking for others to do the work for you

Last edited by wdmso; 12-27-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
once again looking for others to do the work for you
Jim: people are leaving blue states for red states.

wdmso: that’s only 10% of the story.

jim: what’s the other 90% of the story.

wdmso: i’m not telling.

in other words, you made it up, allied you on it, and
you got nothing.

those are some well thought out beliefs you got there.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Jim: people are leaving blue states for red states.

wdmso: that’s only 10% of the story.

jim: what’s the other 90% of the story.

wdmso: i’m not telling.

in other words, you made it up, allied you on it, and
you got nothing.

those are some well thought out beliefs you got there.

Know a lot who moved for work and retirement or who stayed after the military. Or better weather hence why the majority remain liberal minded

Not 1 left because of Democratic-majority policies that result in high taxes, over-regulation, powerful unions, failing schools, increasing crime and anti-religious intolerance I am sure in the masses someone may have moved based on the Above ,, however the reality’s is

That’s your fantasy and many other Republicans on why this migration has been going on for decades ,

Top states people moved to: 2019
Vermont (72.1%)
Oregon (63.8%)
Idaho (62.4%)
Nevada (61.8%)
Arizona (60.2%)
South Carolina (59.9%)
Washington (58.8%)
South Dakota (57%)

I see most of the states have low population and a mix or red and blue
Old 12-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Know a lot who moved for work and retirement or who stayed after the military. Or better weather hence why the majority remain liberal minded

Not 1 left because of Democratic-majority policies that result in high taxes, over-regulation, powerful unions, failing schools, increasing crime and anti-religious intolerance I am sure in the masses someone may have moved based on the Above ,, however the reality’s is

That’s your fantasy and many other Republicans on why this migration has been going on for decades ,

Top states people moved to: 2019
Vermont (72.1%)
Oregon (63.8%)
Idaho (62.4%)
Nevada (61.8%)
Arizona (60.2%)
South Carolina (59.9%)
Washington (58.8%)
South Dakota (57%)

I see most of the states have low population and a mix or red and blue
your personal observations don’t matter. the totals matter. people are fleeing blue states and moving to NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, TX.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
your personal observations don’t matter. the totals matter. people are fleeing blue states and moving to NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, TX.
And Americans are moving to and from every state in the Union ..

again not for the primary reasons you’ve convinced yourself is the reason
Old 12-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:

Not 1 left because of Democratic-majority policies that result in high taxes, over-regulation, powerful unions, failing schools, increasing crime and anti-religious intolerance

https://www.city-journal.org/blue-st...nia-businesses
Old 12-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Guess you missed my comment was about people I knew , who moved, not a general statement like Jim or your link but I am not surprised seeing you guys love presenting generalized impressions as cause and the sole reason why people move