Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2023, 11:23 AM   #31
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
[QUOTE=wdmso;1237832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But somehow using other people’s money to pay student loans and/or reparations is A-OK……..nothing unethical or political there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

Another one who doesn’t understand the difference between for the Social good
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
more cops can never be for social good?

Atta boy, Columbo.

And “poor Ron” is an absolute rock star. You’re humiliating yourself again.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 12:17 PM   #32
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 21,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and under desantis, there still
isnít one.

Spence, which governor did a better job than Desantis, during covid, regarding education for children? Who showed actual leadership by ignoring what the sheep were doing, and following actual factual
data which said schools did not need to be closed?

Unlike democrat governors, Desantis isnít beholden to teachers unions. Therefore he did was was actually best for kids, rather then what made life easiest for union members, , which came at the expense of children.

He showed courage on this one issue, and hit it 800 feet out of the park, and america knows it.
You forgot the part about how Desantis created the Florida plateau 530 million years ago to give the incoming residents a thousand miles of beaches to enjoy.

He also closed schools like every other state, the difference is he pompously backtracked so people like you would think it never happened. FL and NY have similar populations and tell me who has had more Covid deaths.
spence is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #33
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You forgot the part about how Desantis created the Florida plateau 530 million years ago to give the incoming residents a thousand miles of beaches to enjoy.

He also closed schools like every other state, the difference is he pompously backtracked so people like you would think it never happened. FL and NY have similar populations and tell me who has had more Covid deaths.
Is Desantis responsible for the current state public policy, after a full 4íyear term? Yes or no?

Please tell how itís not in the interests of ďpublic goodĒ to offer sign on bonuses to attract new police officers, but it is in the interests of public good if other peopleís money is used to pay off student loans that your family agreed to pay back.

Iíll wait.

No one said FL schools were never closed. But he opened them back up way before blue states did. And he was right. He was right, because he was reacting to scientific data, while democrat governors took their orders from teachers unions.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,053
Excess deaths during the pandemic were 76% higher among Republicans than Democrats in two states, Ohio & Florida. Whatís more, the partisan gap in death rates increased significantly after vaccines were introduced. Probably the Globalist WEF mind control.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 01:02 PM   #35
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Excess deaths during the pandemic were 76% higher among Republicans than Democrats in two states, Ohio & Florida. Whatís more, the partisan gap in death rates increased significantly after vaccines were introduced. Probably the Globalist WEF mind control.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what are ďexcess deathsĒ? and how did they determine who was a republican and who was a democrat? who tracked that?

go make up some more quotes from MTG.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,053
DeSantis will never get out of Florida. Watch him on the debate stage. All of his fascist moves. Now going after the Covid vaccine. DM walking. Maybe senator but thatís it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 02:44 PM   #37
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
DeSantis will never get out of Florida. Watch him on the debate stage. All of his fascist moves. Now going after the Covid vaccine. DM walking. Maybe senator but thatís it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you dodged my question, shocker. who records party affiliation when someone does? iíve never heard of that before.

f an election were today, heíd destroy Biden. Can you picture that debate? Who knows what will happen between now
and then, i donít think he can beat trump in a primary unless itís the two of them

do you know what fascism means? People
are associating florida with ďfreedomĒ. freedom to keep
more of their earnings, freedom to not be locked
down, etc.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 02:52 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what are ďexcess deathsĒ? and how did they determine who was a republican and who was a democrat? who tracked that?

go make up some more quotes from MTG.
Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods. This visualization provides weekly estimates of excess deaths by the jurisdiction in which the death occurred. Weekly counts of deaths are compared with historical trends to determine whether the number of deaths is significantly higher than expected.

You donít know how statistics work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you dodged my question, shocker. who records party affiliation when someone does? iíve never heard of that before.

f an election were today, heíd destroy Biden. Can you picture that debate? Who knows what will happen between now
and then, i donít think he can beat trump in a primary unless itís the two of them

do you know what fascism means? People
are associating florida with ďfreedomĒ. freedom to keep
more of their earnings, freedom to not be locked
down, etc.
Ron DeSantis banning AP African American studies, and asking colleges for a detailed list of students who received gender affirming care in the span of a few days.
This makes his position very clear: DeSantis is a racist and fascist who is trying to purify (for racists and anti-diversity crowd) what is taught in public schools and universities.
Amazing to realize DeSantisís whole racist, fascist political career is built exclusively on the word ďwokeĒ.
Just the man for you Jim, youíre drawn to hatred like a moth to a flame.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #40
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 21,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You donít know how statistics work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Clearly he doesnít which is pretty scary considering he claims to be an actuary.

He also doesnít understand the Floridaís effective tax rate is similar to or higher than many southern states.
spence is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 03:37 PM   #41
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
Or that people move to Florida for a reason other than politics and have been for years. I wonder if he's surprised when he hears there are more people golfing in Florida then in say New England. Florida is benefiting from the same thing that it's always benefited from i.e. retirees moving to a warmer climate. The difference is now that with the baby boomers reaching retirement age there are more people retiring.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 03:44 PM   #42
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 21,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Or that people move to Florida for a reason other than politics and have been for years. I wonder if he's surprised when he hears there are more people golfing in Florida then in say New England. Florida is benefiting from the same thing that it's always benefited from i.e. retirees moving to a warmer climate. The difference is now that with the baby boomers reaching retirement age there are more people retiring.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wait, and they can golf YEAR ROUND?
spence is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #43
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,035
Failed stunts The potential Republican presidential candidate said Wednesday that he is considering scrapping all state taxes on gas stoves,



Here’s the Rub 90% of Floridians use electric stoves. Lol
wdmso is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:20 PM   #44
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Or that people move to Florida for a reason other than politics and have been for years. I wonder if he's surprised when he hears there are more people golfing in Florida then in say New England. Florida is benefiting from the same thing that it's always benefited from i.e. retirees moving to a warmer climate. The difference is now that with the baby boomers reaching retirement age there are more people retiring.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i never said he’s the only reason. but liberals love to say it’s all about weather, which is ridiculous because CA has nice weather and folks aren’t flocking there.

Paul if it’s all about warmth, why aren’t people
flocking to southern CA?

That’s what happens when you regurgitate an idiotic argument without giving it any thought whatsoever.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:23 PM   #45
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wait, and they can golf YEAR ROUND?
Last I checked, you can also golf year round in southern CA. But for some reason, way way more people move to FL.

Why do you suppose that is?

I’ll wait.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-21-2023 at 04:30 PM..
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #46
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods. This visualization provides weekly estimates of excess deaths by the jurisdiction in which the death occurred. Weekly counts of deaths are compared with historical trends to determine whether the number of deaths is significantly higher than expected.

You donít know how statistics work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i didnít know how that statistic worked.

for the third time, how do they know how many republicans and how many democrats died?

you cited the statistic. please
explain it, or else we know you made it up.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:29 PM   #47
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Clearly he doesnít which is pretty scary considering he claims to be an actuary.

He also doesnít understand the Floridaís effective tax rate is similar to or higher than many southern states.
from the Tax Foundation, for year 2022, FL had the 11th lowest state+local tax rates in the nation.

itís a low cost state that offers a good enough quality of life thatís attracting 850 people
a day.

Spence, please name one blue state with very low state + local taxes, which offers a quality of life sufficiently attractive that Americans
are moving there in big numbers?

https://taxfoundation.org/publicatio...rden-rankings/
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:35 PM   #48
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i didn’t know how that statistic worked.

for the third time, how do they know how many republicans and how many democrats died?

you cited the statistic. please
explain it, or else we know you made it up.
I understand how it works and understood his explanation.
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:43 PM   #49
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I understand how it works and understood his explanation.
what explanation? he said more republicans died if
covid than democrats, or something like that. I’m not talking about “excess deaths”, i’m talking about claiming that we track party affiliation of everyone who does from covid. Maybe we do. wasn’t aware of it, detbuch and i have each asked him, he keeps dodging.

So to your claim, why aren’t people who want warm weather, moving to southern CA? Why are they picking FL in huge numbers?

CA has disneyland, so it’s not because they all
want to see Mickey. The weather is actually way nicer in southern CA than it is in FL.

What’s the reason?

the suburbs off NH are also growing like crazy, they can’t build $700,000 houses fast enough. Unless they’re all moving in from the Ross Ice Shelf, no one is moving to Bow NH or Hollis/Brookline NH, for warmth.

People are realizing that you don’t get what you pay for, when it comes to such things. Here in CT our reckoning is coming. We’ll be bouncing teacher pension checks within 10 years, because not enough money exists to fund them
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #50
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
whatís he at again, exactly?

If FL is his guinea pig, the facts suggest the people are thrilled with the results. He single handedly turned a huge, purple state red. 850 people a day from other states, are moving there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i never said heís the only reason. but liberals love to say itís all about weather, which is ridiculous because CA has nice weather and folks arenít flocking there.

Paul if itís all about warmth, why arenít people
flocking to southern CA?

Thatís what happens when you regurgitate an idiotic argument without giving it any thought whatsoever.
You just said 850 are moving there bc FL is his guinea pig and people are thrilled with the results. So you're saying it is bc of his policies, but when it was pointed out people have always moved there and move there for other reasons you backtrack.

And I'm regurgitating an idiotic arguement

You're toxic.
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:48 PM   #51
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
Health rankings:

Look at Conn, Mass, FL and the conservative utopia of Tenn.

https://www.americashealthrankings.o...-annual-report

Kaiser foundation has other interesting stats also. Tells a similar story.
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 04:52 PM   #52
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you use the # and claim
i claim that conservative politics is part of it. I claim that, because itís obviously, obviously true. Taxes is a big reason why FL is attractive, and thatís a political issue. People also love that he bucked the trend and opened things back up much sooner than other states did during covid

If the risk he took was a disaster, iíd be the first one attacking him for gambling with his citizens lives. But the fact is, he wasnít wrong, the liberals were wrong. Desantis absolutely clobbered them with his handling of covid, how much sooner he opened up businesses, how much sooner he put kids back in schools. he also wasnít constantly caught violating the rules he demanded everyone else live by. Gavin Newsom canít say the same thing.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 05:00 PM   #53
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Health rankings:

Look at Conn, Mass, FL and the conservative utopia of Tenn.

https://www.americashealthrankings.o...-annual-report

Kaiser foundation has other interesting stats also. Tells a similar story.
i want aware that the state determined health. Paul, if you moved to FL, how exactly would the state make you fat, stupid, and poor?

i immediately concede that there are cultural things in the south that are unhealthy, unproductive, and very unattractive. Those are choices people make, they aren’t decided by state government dictates

i wouldn’t want to live in Bridgeport, neither would you. We don’t blame governor lamont for that, nor does he deserve much credit for the fact that Fairfield County is in CT. That’s the luck of having beautiful coastline near the financial center of the globe.

when new englšnders move to FL, they take their values with them. They don’t all quit school
and eat fried twinkies all
day and live in trailers.

Put it this way. there are some very nice suburbs in NH with an amazing quality of life. They enjoy zero state income tax and no state sales tax.

Please Paul, point me to the nice suburbs in CT which have zero state income tax and zero state sales tax.

I’m not saying every single city in the south is a nice place to live. I’m saying the south has some nice places to live that are very cheap in terms of taxes. I don’t know of a nice suburb in a blue state which you could say the same thing about. Do you?

it appears to me, that if you took all the nice suburbs with a good quality of life for families which also have very low taxes, virtually all of them are in red states.

That’s what people want. the migration data makes that clear, doesn’t it?

If i were getting my money’s worth for the extra taxes i pay that would be different. i don’t get anything that i see, that i wouldn’t get in a nice NH suburb.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #54
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Health rankings:

Look at Conn, Mass, FL and the conservative utopia of Tenn.

https://www.americashealthrankings.o...-annual-report

Kaiser foundation has other interesting stats also. Tells a similar story.
Iím trying to say it betterÖ.if you moved to FL, your health and life expectancy would not decrease. Your just have a lot more money in your pocket. Itís not a function of state government, i less the states policies are encouraging an unhealthy lifestyle, which i doubt is the case in FL.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 05:42 PM   #55
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
I have usually ignored the # of people moving to FL thing as I couldn't be bothered but since our company isn't coming over for another hour and I'm trying to hide and stay away from the kitchen.........

My comments are in red.

If people were moving to FL bc of Desantis or R. policies, since he bc Gov. would have seen the biggest uptick in net migration.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2022/07/2...owly-data-say/

But it is not.


By The Associated Press
Published: Jul. 28, 2022 at 9:28 AM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Florida grew slightly over a previous forecast in the first quarter of this year, but slowing population growth due to deaths outpacing births is still in the Sunshine State’s future over the next decade, according to estimates released last week.

The estimates released by the state Demographic Estimating Conference showed that Florida’s population growth appears to have peaked last year with a 1.6% growth rate.

Florida’s population in 2022 will stand at more than 22 million residents, trailing only California and Texas in size. The April 1 estimate was 3,795 residents higher than a forecast last December, reflecting an increase in migration.

While Florida will continue to grow over the next decade and beyond, with its population reaching just short of 25 million residents by 2032, it’s pace of growth will slow down to 0.8% in 10 years and 0.6% by 2039, according to the estimates.

The slowdown will be driven primarily by deaths outpacing births in the next decade and a half, but fewer people moving to Florida also will play a role, according to the estimates.

Net migration to Florida appears to have peaked at more than 404,000 people in 2020, and it’s expected to be only about two-thirds of that by 2032 — or more than 262,000 people.

Fl has had R gov. since like 2000. so if the population increase was bc of those policies, you would see an uptick in net migration. But you are not. Averages about 3M people per every 10 years (up to 2010)

https://www.bebr.ufl.edu/sites/defau...us6_1_2010.pdf

Population Growth in Florida
Florida is the fourth most populous
state in the nation, trailing only
California, Texas, and New York. It is
also one of the most rapidly growing, as
its population has grown by roughly
three million each decade since 1970.
Percentage growth rates, however, have
been declining steadily, from 44% in the
1970s to 33% in the 1980s, 24% in the
1990s, and a projected 18% between
2000 and 2010 (see Table 1).

Table 1. Florida Population Growth, 1970-2010 Year Population Change
%
Change
1970 6,791,418 --- ---
1980 9,746,961 2,955,543 43.5%
1990 12,938,071 3,191,110 32.7%
2000 15,982,824 3,044,753 23.5%
2010* 18,773,356 2,790,532 17.5%

3M div. by 365 days by 10 years equals = 822 per day. Close to Jim's touted 850 but if you account for the increased US pop and more baby boomers retiring you might expect more?????

Florida has always had a history of population expansion (migration):


https://depts.washington.edu/moving1/Florida.shtml


Florida Migration History 1850-2018

by James Gregory
More than any other southern state, Florida has consistantly attracted newcomers. Today only about one third of the population claims a Florida birthplace; two thirds are from somewhere else, many from Cuba and Latin America but really from every state and most nations. Migration to Florida is an old story, In the late 1800s, Florida grew rapidly as whites from neighborhing states moved south looking for land to farm. The great citrus rush and land boom started in the early decades of the 20th century and accelerated in the 1920s, attracting northerners as well as southerners. Florida's population doubled between 1920 and 1940 and then doubled again by 1960, again by 1980, and once more by 2010. Snowbird migration made New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio leading contributors after 1960. Cubans and other people from the Caribbean had been part of the population throughout the decades, but the Cuban diaspora that began in the 1960s has made an enormous impact. Since 2000 Cubans rank second only to New Yorkers among those with out-of-state birthplaces.

So since most of their Governers were Ds until fairly recently and the pop. doubled a few times you can make the arguement that if hasn't doubled since 2010 maybe as many people aren't moving there bc of the R's policies?? or there other reasons 850 people a day are moving there besides politics? year round pickleball!!!!!

Last edited by PaulS; 01-21-2023 at 05:51 PM..
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 05:52 PM   #56
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Paul, your post attempts to negate the effect of politics as a reason for the migration, by relying on estimates of what might happen in 2032? Sorry, that’s wild, wild speculation.

Paul no states population is increasing today, at the same rate that in increased between 1920 and 1940.

look at what’s happening right now. Today. Which states are seeing the most growth, which are seeing the most people
fleeing?

you mentioned warmth. why aren’t huge numbers of people
moving to southern CA?
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 06:27 PM   #57
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, your post attempts to negate the effect of politics as a reason for the migration, by relying on estimates of what might happen in 2032? Sorry, thatís wild, wild speculation.

Paul no states population is increasing today, at the same rate that in increased between 1920 and 1940.

look at whatís happening right now. Today. Which states are seeing the most growth, which are seeing the most people
fleeing?

you mentioned warmth. why arenít huge numbers of people
moving to southern CA?
I didn't attempt to negate the effect of politics on migration to FL, I actually showed that migration hasn't changed over many years regardless of what party controls the governorship. Your statement that 850 people a day move to Florida because of Republican policies holds no water.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 07:27 PM   #58
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I didn't attempt to negate the effect of politics on migration to FL, I actually showed that migration hasn't changed over many years regardless of what party controls the governorship. Your statement that 850 people a day move to Florida because of Republican policies holds no water.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you need to look at the migration compared to what happening in other states,,at the same
time.

i donít believe 850 people a day move there because of republican policies. i do believe itís evidence that in general, peopprhino those policies are a good thing. If his policies were a disaster, i donít think 850 peoppe a day would move there.

you said they sought warmth. i asked twice why people marking warmth donít go to southern CA. i believe you dodged twice?
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 08:23 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i didnít know how that statistic worked.

for the third time, how do they know how many republicans and how many democrats died?

you cited the statistic. please
explain it, or else we know you made it up.
Asked and answered
How do you know people move to Floriduh because of DeSantisí policies?
We all know thatís a figment of your imagination.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-21-2023, 10:53 PM   #60
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Asked and answered
How do you know people move to Floriduh because of DeSantisí policies?
We all know thatís a figment of your imagination.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
can you repeat the answer please? of the million people
who died, where are you getting data for how many are D and R?

I donít know how many people
Are moving because of conservative policies, how many people are moving because FL values freedom.

I do know that if it simply about weather, theyíd be moving to southern CA which had nicer weather. So it then begs the question, what is it about FL? How many things could it be?

You look at the states people are fleeing. You look at the states they are fleeing to.

What do you see as the commonality?
Jim in CT is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com