Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-08-2022, 09:18 AM   #1
wdmso

Republicans election integrity Lie

Seems only conservatives and Republican have been fooled into thinking Republicans changed voting laws after Trumps loss to insure voting integrity!

But history has shown what everyone else knows … the truth is
The only people with out election integrity are the ones claiming these laws need changing

The picture developing is that after Trump lost the 2020 election, little-known Trump operatives got access to voting machines in states such as Michigan, Georgia and Nevada. In many cases, local Republican election officials let them in. It signals that the effort to overturn election results may have gone much deeper than many knew at the time — potentially illegally.

Chasing proof of vote-rigging conspiracy theories, Republican officials and activists in eight U.S. locales have plotted to gain illegal access to balloting systems, undermining the security of elections they claim to protect.

Emails and other records show Powell and other attorneys linked to Trump helped arrange for a team from data solutions company SullivanStrickler to travel to Coffee County, which Trump won by nearly 40 percentage points. Even the CEO of cyber ninjas showed up

And you have the dishonesty of Ted Cruz

Six years ago, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz responded in no uncertain terms to then-candidate Donald Trump's claims of a rigged GOP primary election, for which Trump didn't have evidence.

"Apparently, when anyone votes against him, it’s an act of theft," Cruz, who was running against Trump, told Glenn Beck in April 2016.

Some five years later, Cruz rose on the floor of the Senate in support of Trump's renewed but unfounded argument that the presidential election he had recently lost was rigged against him. In a speech on Jan. 6, 2021, Cruz said he was voting not to accept the Electoral College results showing Trump was defeated because so many Americans had been persuaded that Trump had, in fact, won.

So I am still not sure how with all this information in emails and video with what happened on Jan 6th . many people actually insist there is nothing to see ? Or it’s just a bunch of random people who just happen to be doing the same thing. Trying to overturn an American election. At the direction of Trump himself
Old 09-12-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
wdmso

Supporters of former president Donald Trump have swamped local election offices across the nation in recent weeks with a coordinated campaign of requests for 2020 voting records, in some cases paralyzing preparations for the fall election season.

Yep their concerned
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-12-2022, 06:13 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Rationalizing your big lie theory on what Trump and Fox and their friends have stated as truth, is like suggesting your a marine biologist because you watch square pants and sponge Bob.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s hope

More than 150 prominent Michigan Republicans have announced their support for Dem Governor Gretchen Whitmer for re-election against Trump-backed opponent Tudor Dixon.

Country over party.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #5
Jim in CT

can someone explain when it’s ok to make false claims that an election you lost was stolen, and when it’s not ok? some clarity faction would be really helpful. It was ok when Stacey Abrams said it, it’s ok in this case….

there’s zero evidence cheating is why trump lost, zero evidence cheating is why Abrams lost, etc…

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...l-election.amp
Old 09-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Her trial is coming up in a reduced way and it’s about the election laws and management making it difficult for people to vote, so her day in court is more about forcing changes; some of which the state did already.

Trump had his day(s) in tons of courts and yet he and his minions still to this day claim he won, is there a reason you can’t comprehend the difference? One claims there may have been a legitimate reason she lost and her lawsuit has yet to get to trial. One claims he still won in spite of all the evidence to the contrary and all his lawsuits being thrown out, any reason you can’t differentiate between to two. Loosen the foil hat it will help.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:14 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
can someone explain when it’s ok to make false claims that an election you lost was stolen, and when it’s not ok? some clarity faction would be really helpful. It was ok when Stacey Abrams said it, it’s ok in this case….

there’s zero evidence cheating is why trump lost, zero evidence cheating is why Abrams lost, etc…

still beating the same drum shocking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	306592791_8815007495191477_6306253749673187722_n.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	69182  

Last edited by wdmso; 09-13-2022 at 03:17 PM..
Old 09-13-2022, 05:57 PM   #8
Jim in CT

wayne, in other words, you can’t respond with anything resembling reasoning, so you lob an insult.

that latest democrat fabricated claim of stealing elections, is recent.

But a democrat did it. So therefore it must be ok!
Old 09-13-2022, 07:26 PM   #9
Jim in CT

wdmso, you started this thread,,criticizing republicans for
lying about election integrity. just explain why it’s not a problem when democrats do it.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:12 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes Fox News

I’ll let her speak for herself about the difference

STACEY ABRAMS: Not at all. The difference is very stark. When I did not win my election in 2018, the first thing I said was that I acknowledged the-- I acknowledged the outcome that the new governor was Brian Kemp. I was not the governor. But I did say the system was broken, and Republicans agreed. They passed laws in the very next legislative session fixing many of the issues that we pointed out. They then didn't do more that needed to be done, so we took them to court. And unfortunately, in January of 2021, they decided to retrench because they didn't like the outcome of the next election.

I've never once sued to make myself the governor, not once. But I have sued to make certain that every Georgian has equal access to the polls, that they have the right to vote. And it is deeply concerning to me that a secretary of state doesn't understand the difference between the lies being told by Donald Trump and the truth that Republicans acknowledged in the complaints that we raised about the electoral system in Georgia.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes Fox News

I’ll let her speak for herself about the difference

STACEY ABRAMS: Not at all. The difference is very stark. When I did not win my election in 2018, the first thing I said was that I acknowledged the-- I acknowledged the outcome that the new governor was Brian Kemp. I was not the governor. But I did say the system was broken, and Republicans agreed. They passed laws in the very next legislative session fixing many of the issues that we pointed out. They then didn't do more that needed to be done, so we took them to court. And unfortunately, in January of 2021, they decided to retrench because they didn't like the outcome of the next election.

I've never once sued to make myself the governor, not once. But I have sued to make certain that every Georgian has equal access to the polls, that they have the right to vote. And it is deeply concerning to me that a secretary of state doesn't understand the difference between the lies being told by Donald Trump and the truth that Republicans acknowledged in the complaints that we raised about the electoral system in Georgia.

For Jim and Republicans election integrity is about limits on voting not actually expanding voting across the nation. The more people who vote is a threat to them ..

But the response is always the same .. you bring up gerrymandering then they claim well dems do it. But that’s like comparing a heroin addict by saying well you smoke pot

And it’s the same with Abrams they want people to think she did the same thing Trump did.

It’s intellectual Dishonest period

It’s a message targeting the true believers. You know the same people who cheer for this master The Who will throw them to the dogs when they don’t get the results they require. Will move on to the next conspiracy
Old 09-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
For Jim and Republicans election integrity is about limits on voting not actually expanding voting across the nation. The more people who vote is a threat to them ..

But the response is always the same .. you bring up gerrymandering then they claim well dems do it. But that’s like comparing a heroin addict by saying well you smoke pot

And it’s the same with Abrams they want people to think she did the same thing Trump did.

It’s intellectual Dishonest period

It’s a message targeting the true believers. You know the same people who cheer for this master The Who will throw them to the dogs when they don’t get the results they require. Will move on to the next conspiracy
can you show me what evidence you have, to support your theory that democrats don’t gerrymander when they’re in charge? i know you think it’s true, i’m curious what facts you’re basing that on.

both sides will do just about anything to stay in power. for every single example of gop shenanigans you post, i can post an example of democrats also engaging in shady behavior to win. but you put your head in the sand and your fingers in your ears, because you aren’t interested in truth

Biden told a room full of blacks that republicans want to put them back in chains. That’s exactly what he said. That not a cheap shot to help him win?

or promising a cure for cancer but only if he wins? That’s ok?

The NY state democrats got caught gerrymandering, a state court called it illegal gerrymandering and through out their new lines.

We can both go all day. All day. both sides are gross.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
can you show me what evidence you have, to support your theory that democrats don’t gerrymander when they’re in charge? i know you think it’s true, i’m curious what facts you’re basing that on.

both sides will do just about anything to stay in power. for every single example of gop shenanigans you post, i can post an example of democrats also engaging in shady behavior to win. but you put your head in the sand and your fingers in your ears, because you aren’t interested in truth

Biden told a room full of blacks that republicans want to put them back in chains. That’s exactly what he said. That not a cheap shot to help him win?

or promising a cure for cancer but only if he wins? That’s ok?

The NY state democrats got caught gerrymandering, a state court called it illegal gerrymandering and through out their new lines.

We can both go all day. All day. both sides are gross.
You just don’t get it do you Jim only in your twisted view . All behaviors are equal .

You refuse to see any topic in Degrees .

Republicans have more criminal indictments under the last three GOP presidents ! dwarfing those under the three Democrats.

We compared 28 years each of Democratic and Republican administrations, 1961-2016, five Presidents from each party. During that period Republicans scored eighteen times more individuals and entities indicted, thirty-eight times more convictions, and thirty-nine times more individuals who had prison time.

See not everything’s equal
Old 09-14-2022, 02:33 PM   #14
wdmso

Fresh off sweeping electoral victories a decade ago, Republican politicians used census data to draw voting districts that gave them a greater political advantage in more states than either party had in the past 50 years,

Of the 59 seats that were shifted per election due to partisan gerrymandering, 20 shifted in favor of Democrats while 39 shifted in favor of Republicans. This means that from 2012 to 2016, the net two-party impact amounted to an average gain of 19 Republican seats per election, which is still more than the number of seats in a dozen U.S. states.

One can also look at the effects of gerrymandering in terms of population. The average congressional district has a population of slightly more than 700,000, which means that a total shift of 59 seats is equivalent to representation for approximately 42 million Americans. Moreover, the 19 net seats Republicans gained are equivalent to representation for about 13.5 million Americans.

The inescapable conclusion is that gerrymandering is effectively disenfranchising millions of Americans. This should be considered a critical situation. If the voters of even one of the states above were excluded from the count, there would be a national outcry; with a net impact equivalent to the exclusion of 12 states, the urgent need to address gerrymandering should be clear.

It’s clear to republicans it’s the only way the can win an election or a national election..
Old 09-14-2022, 04:21 PM   #15
wdmso

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell claimed the FBI seized his phone

Another claiming it’s about voting integrity.. while trying to break into voting machines or help others do so
Old 09-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #16
wdmso

Big Ron D has his own election police force yet he’s hanging out with election deniers

DeSantis won't say if he thinks 2020 was rigged. But he's campaigning for Republicans who do.

Must be more of the GOP Values on display
Old 09-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #17
wdmso

Video appears to undercut Trump elector’s account of alleged voting-data breach in Georgia

Funny the faithful seem to avoid this topic like the plague
Old 09-22-2022, 03:39 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Video appears to undercut Trump elector’s account of alleged voting-data breach in Georgia

Funny the faithful seem to avoid this topic like the plague
"appears" and "seem" for sure.....
Old 09-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"appears" and "seem" for sure.....
The House just passed a bill that would make it harder to overthrow an election

with nine Republicans voting

The rest are cowards
Old 09-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:

The House just passed a bill that would make it harder to overthrow an election
is it the "making it harder to overthrow an election act" ?....likely as misnamed and useless as the "inflation reduction act"
Old 09-23-2022, 07:12 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
is it the "making it harder to overthrow an election act" ?....likely as misnamed and useless as the "inflation reduction act"
Let’s not forget operation warp speed . The best thing Trump did for the country. . Until he lost the election then conservatives turned against the vaccine

Republican Vaccine Denial IS A Political Strategy

Republican Refusal to address immigration IS A Political Strategy

Republican Refusal to try to get inflation under control IS A Political Strategy

Republicans willingness to ban book or restrict Trans and Lgbt rights
IS A Political Strategy

Republican Everything Denial IS A Political Strategy

But all those red states will have their hand out and open

For all the things Democratic’s passed with the help of a few Republicans to help the Country as a whole..
Old 09-23-2022, 07:28 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

you could have saved a lot of unnecessary words and just written this...
Old 09-23-2022, 07:44 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
you could have saved a lot of unnecessary words and just written this...
That's some fine WDMSO gibberish.

So people are fleeing blue states for red states, just to get in on the denial.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Let’s not forget operation warp speed . The best thing Trump did for the country. . Until he lost the election then conservatives turned against the vaccine

Republican Vaccine Denial IS A Political Strategy

Republican Refusal to address immigration IS A Political Strategy

Republican Refusal to try to get inflation under control IS A Political Strategy

Republicans willingness to ban book or restrict Trans and Lgbt rights
IS A Political Strategy

But all those red states will have their hand out and open

For all the things Democratic’s passed with the help of a few Republicans to help the Country as a whole..
Democrats are addressing immigration? Really?
Old 09-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Fun Fact: every single state that voted for Donald Trump receives more money from the federal government than it contributes. Red states have functioning state budgets only because of taxpayers in blues states.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:03 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Fun Fact: every single state that voted for Donald Trump receives more money from the federal government than it contributes. Red states have functioning state budgets only because of taxpayers in blues states.
#bluestatesarebetter
Old 09-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

And to double down, if you take the blue cities out of red states then the effect of a lack of education becomes even more apparent.
Not that you have to be an idiot to support MAGA, but it helps.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #28
PaulS

All the growth is coming from the blue cities and their suburbs.

Prefer for posts about typos and a bunch of memes.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
All the growth is coming from the blue cities and their suburbs.

Prefer for posts about typos and a bunch of memes.
White collar people are working from home in huge numbers Paul, people can keep their salaries and move wherever they want. They aren't moving in huge numbers to liberal cities.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
And to double down, if you take the blue cities out of red states then the effect of a lack of education becomes even more apparent.
Not that you have to be an idiot to support MAGA, but it helps.
The wealthiest Americans are now democrats. Funny, when the GOP was the party of the wealthy, the left said that was bad. Funny how that sentiment changed, and it changed quickly.

We spoke about this, I posted to you several southern conservative suburbs with very high standardized test scores. For sure, there are many places in the south where I'd never, ever raise a family. But if you do 30 seconds of research, you can find suburbs with very low taxes and a very high quality of life. And most of them are in red states.

I'll ask again, for you and Paul or anyone else. Can you point me to some nice small towns in blue states that are thriving, offer a high quality of life, and which have very low taxes?