Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #901
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a guy canvassing for marco rubio was savagely beaten this week, broken jaw and internal injuries. story is ignored. is this representative of today’s democrat party? the shooting of steve Scalia? The threat to Kavanaugh?

or is there some reason why only this incident matters, none of the others?

this criminal is going to get treated a lot differently than those who attack normal
civilians…

Jim your desperation is again showing.

Funny not sure why you didn’t post about fyi nbc ran the story 4 days ago

And the 2 incidents are not remotely the same
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-28-2022, 05:13 PM   #902
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The story wasn't ignored. It was on all the news. The guy was a neo nazi who never mentioned he was canvassing for Rubio and attacked for that reason UNTIL AFTER Rubio claimed that.
Doesn’t fit Jim’s narrative, the guy was obsessed with conspiracy theories, many started by and still being spread by the far right.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:29 PM   #903
PaulS

And this should be treated differently than a normal civilian. Anyone who targets any public servant, police, fire emt, the garbage man, a politician, etc should have the book thrown at them
Old 10-28-2022, 05:39 PM   #904
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And this should be treated differently than a normal civilian. Anyone who targets any public servant, police, fire emt, the garbage man, a politician, etc should have the book thrown at them
Yup there are laws addressing crimes against any public servants, but Jim’s going to suggest it will be different because the violence was against the left. Jim loves to spin, just wait for it.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:54 PM   #905
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yup there are laws addressing crimes against any public servants, but Jim’s going to suggest it will be different because the violence was against the left. Jim loves to spin, just wait for it.
hey Mr Pelosi had a fractured skull, we can execute the guy for all i care.

But a father in NYC was stabbed to death recently while trying to help a cop, , by a guy who was arrested the month before for stabbing someone else. and they let him out. this guy ain’t getting out, nor should he.

The left has been saying crime isn’t a big deal, lying about it for political reasons. i’ll bet it’s a big deal now.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:27 PM   #906
wdmso

Quote:
hey Mr Pelosi had a fractured skull, we can execute the guy for all i care.

But a father in NYC was stabbed to death recently while trying to help a cop, , by a guy who was arrested the month before for stabbing someone else. and they let him out. this guy ain’t getting out, nor should he.

The left has been saying crime isn’t a big deal, lying about it for political reasons. i’ll bet it’s a big deal now.

Jim thinks crime out of control because the internet told him so ..and Fox

I bet there’s republicans in Idaho afraid to go on a subway because of what the see on the internet

Yet Idaho has no subways

But mass shooting don’t concern Republicans

And republicans only care about fentanyl because it’s killing their voters as JD Vance another Maga hero

If you wanted to kill a bunch of MAGA voters in the middle of the heartland, how better than to target them and their kids with this deadly fentanyl? … It does look intentional. It’s like Joe Biden wants to punish the people who didn’t vote for him and opening up the floodgates to the border is one way to do it.”
Old 10-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #907
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim thinks crime out of control because the internet told him so ..and Fox

I bet there’s republicans in Idaho afraid to go on a subway because of what the see on the internet

Yet Idaho has no subways

But mass shooting don’t concern Republicans

And republicans only care about fentanyl because it’s killing their voters as JD Vance another Maga hero

If you wanted to kill a bunch of MAGA voters in the middle of the heartland, how better than to target them and their kids with this deadly fentanyl? … It does look intentional. It’s like Joe Biden wants to punish the people who didn’t vote for him and opening up the floodgates to the border is one way to do it.”
i think crime is out of control because i see the data and i can react to it without having to make it for my ideology. Makes one of us

you literally can’t bring yourself to comment about Bidens lie about gas prices.

mass shootings concern republicans. but we care more about things that claim far more lives.

urban, black in black gang violence gets ignored by democrats because it goes against the narrative. guys deny it’s a problem and focus on mass shootings.

i’ve said 100 times the gop is wrong on gun control. but you’ll never, ever admit that black on black violence is a far bigger problem than mass shootings.

because you don’t care about facts. you care about ideology. which is why the guy who’s probably the most rational, middle of the road guy here, can’t take you seriously.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #908
PaulS

And the de facto leader of the Republican Party has voice sympathy for the family of Jerry Lee Lewis but has said nothing about the Pelosis.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:28 PM   #909
wdmso

Quote:
i think crime is out of control because i see the data and i can react to it without having to make it for my ideology. Makes one of us

you literally can’t bring yourself to comment about Bidens lie about gas prices.

mass shootings concern republicans. but we care more about things that claim far more lives.

urban, black in black gang violence gets ignored by democrats because it goes against the narrative. guys deny it’s a problem and focus on mass shootings.

i’ve said 100 times the gop is wrong on gun control. but you’ll never, ever admit that black on black violence is a far bigger problem than mass shootings.

because you don’t care about facts. you care about ideology. which is why the guy who’s probably the most rational, middle of the road guy here, can’t take you seriously.

i see the data

No you don’t you make it up lol

Jim you are the biggest denier of facts on this site

Black on black crime is the black community issue to solve not mine

Biden miss spoke but to you it’s a lie

Trump lies and you’re ignoring it shocking
Old 10-28-2022, 10:00 PM   #910
Jim in CT

Quote:
i

Black on black crime is the black community issue to solve not mine

Wow. WOW.

it’s a losing political issue for your side, so you throw them all under the bus.

you say it’s their problem to solve, but you actively deny them school
choice, a big tool that can help.

WOW.

every once in awhile, one of you says the quiet part out loud
Old 10-28-2022, 10:05 PM   #911
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wow. WOW.

it’s a losing political issue for your side, so you throw them all under the bus.

you say it’s their problem to solve, but you actively deny them school
choice, a big tool that can help.

WOW.

every once in awhile, one of you says the quiet part out loud
Ya, we know, it’s dads, welfare queens and they’re prone to drug addiction

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2022, 07:12 AM   #912
wdmso

Ah and of course the school choice, red herring Sadly once again your Data is incorrect

Talking about helping poor minority children softens the GOP’s image and lets candidates offer a positive vision instead of forever going on the attack. And unlike immigration reform, school choice is politically safe; there’s no chance of blowback from the tea party.

“You cannot punch me in the mouth with one hand and reach out and shake my hand with the other,” said the Rev. Joe Darby, a civil rights leader in Charleston, S.C.

that was then in 2014

Why republicans really want school choice this is Now

School choice has always been a major policy platform for Republicans, but the Club for Growth’s play on McCall’s seat is just the latest proof of how it’s becoming the ultimate purity test for conservatives in the run-up to the 2024 midterm elections. Voters angry about decisions to close schools and to require masks, resentful of discussions on critical race theory and the rights of transgender students are running toward the party with a new urgency, lured by its elevation of school choice as a means to address their indignation and take back control of school systems that they see as dominated by progressives and progressive ideology.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:37 AM   #913
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ah and of course the school choice, red herring Sadly once again your Data is incorrect

Talking about helping poor minority children softens the GOP’s image and lets candidates offer a positive vision instead of forever going on the attack. And unlike immigration reform, school choice is politically safe; there’s no chance of blowback from the tea party.

“You cannot punch me in the mouth with one hand and reach out and shake my hand with the other,” said the Rev. Joe Darby, a civil rights leader in Charleston, S.C.

that was then in 2014

Why republicans really want school choice this is Now

School choice has always been a major policy platform for Republicans, but the Club for Growth’s play on McCall’s seat is just the latest proof of how it’s becoming the ultimate purity test for conservatives in the run-up to the 2024 midterm elections. Voters angry about decisions to close schools and to require masks, resentful of discussions on critical race theory and the rights of transgender students are running toward the party with a new urgency, lured by its elevation of school choice as a means to address their indignation and take back control of school systems that they see as dominated by progressives and progressive ideology.
immigration reform is very politically safe. Liberals want open borders, americans don’t. -It’s a winning issue for the right.

don’t tell me why i want school choice. 99% of what you say about me is exactly wrong.

i thought liberals identified as pro choice?!!im pretty sure i heard that somewhere.

you’re too pro union to be honest, too pro union to care. As you said yesterday, the plight of blacks isn’t your concern. But you want their money to go to your beloved unions.

you want their money, but you don’t want to help
them.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:46 PM   #914
Pete F.
Canceled

Points to ponder....the GOP is now the party of Trump. Hillary received 2.9 million more votes than Trump; Biden rcd 7 million more votes than Trump. There are 8.2 million young newly registered voters in 2022 who lean liberal.
Never mind that Trumplicans self immolated with Covid “my body, my choice”
Old 10-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #915
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Points to ponder....the GOP is now the party of Trump. Hillary received 2.9 million more votes than Trump; Biden rcd 7 million more votes than Trump. There are 8.2 million young newly registered voters in 2022 who lean liberal.
Well according to Jim, who is a far right Fox drunk tool, liberals aren’t even Americans.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:11 PM   #916
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well according to Jim, who is a far right Fox drunk tool, liberals aren’t even Americans.
can you point to where i said that? or admit you lied and made it up?
Old 10-29-2022, 05:20 PM   #917
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

“Liberals want open borders, americans don’t.”

Short term memory issues Jim?
Old 10-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #918
Jim in CT

Quote:
if the popular vote mattered,,Trump would have va pained differently? he’s have campaigned more like hilary did.

If hilary was t smart enough to figure out an electoral strategy based electoral math, how is that Trumps fault? that’s her character flaw.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #919
wdmso

Liberals want open borders, americans don’t.

Jim you are like talking to parrot
Old 10-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #920
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if the popular vote mattered,,Trump would have va pained differently? he’s have campaigned more like hilary did.

If hilary was t smart enough to figure out an electoral strategy based electoral math, how is that Trumps fault? that’s her character flaw.
Gooberish

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2022, 07:57 PM   #921
Jim in CT

Quote:
Liberals want open borders, americans don’t.

Jim you are like talking to parrot
i’m sorry, but the truth is liberals don’t want to seal up the border, but most americans do. the border has been a hot mess this year, one of many gifts the biden administration has handed to the gop.
Old 10-29-2022, 07:59 PM   #922
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gooberish
she never bothered going to wisconsin, a battleground state. But spent tons of time in NY and CA, states she could not lose

Sorry, that’s very very very stupid.

https://ecommons.udayton.edu/pol_fac_pub/116/
Old 10-30-2022, 06:25 AM   #923
wdmso

yep news max is already feeding the cazys with these headlines

Nearly 250K Ballots Sent to Pa. Voters With Unverified IDs

according to the election integrity organization Verity Vote.

yep there an election integrity organization

1st comment on newsmax LunkerPike

I do not believe the American PATRIOTS will sit back and watch another scam election happen. We will not suffer two more years from America hating cheaters.

Yep this is why Pelosi home was broken into and her Husband attacked and the attacker was looking for here ... Republicans

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ba...CommentSection
Old 10-30-2022, 06:34 AM   #924
wdmso

Quote:
i’m sorry, but the truth is liberals don’t want to seal up the border, but most americans do. the border has been a hot mess this year, one of many gifts the biden administration has handed to the gop.
Jim the border is physically the same . the border patrol are staffed the same and 99% of the policies remain the same and the Laws remain the same Ice is deporting more 66% of ICE deportations were of convicted criminals last year, up from 56% the year before.
And roughly 49% of all ICE arrests were of convicted criminals.

you clearly don't do your research

Border apprehensions hit all-time high of 1.7 million in fiscal 2021

but we have open borders ya ok now the parrot will respond about the ones we don't catch ...

I am guessing Jim's never played red rover red rover
Old 10-30-2022, 06:42 AM   #925
wdmso

The total length of the national border is 1,954 miles (3,145 km). On July 28th 2022, the Biden administration announced it would fill four wide gaps in Arizona near Yuma, an area with some of the busiest corridors for illegal crossings.

why would Biden do that if Democrats wanted open borders

Only geographically challenged People would assume you could open and close a 2000 mile border like a door . or whom bought stock in a fence company
Old 10-30-2022, 08:32 AM   #926
Jim in CT

Quote:
The total length of the national border is 1,954 miles (3,145 km). On July 28th 2022, the Biden administration announced it would fill four wide gaps in Arizona near Yuma, an area with some of the busiest corridors for illegal crossings.

why would Biden do that if Democrats wanted open borders

Only geographically challenged People would assume you could open and close a 2000 mile border like a door . or whom bought stock in a fence company
the great wall of china is over 10,000 miles and they did it a LONG time ago.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:17 AM   #927
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
No Unions

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-30-2022, 09:31 AM   #928
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No Unions
exactly…
Old 10-30-2022, 12:20 PM   #929
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Trump had four years, what’s his excuse?
Old 10-30-2022, 01:03 PM   #930
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump had four years, what’s his excuse?
no excuse, none, he gets an F on that promise. fair enough?

and that’s not the only thing he gets a big F on. just because you can never criticize your side ( none of you can) doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t.