Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Promises

Miles of new border fencing added by Barack Obama in first year: 130.

Miles of new border fencing added by Donald Trump to date: 0.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

I appreciate the update PeteF. Great job exposing this stuff,seriously!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #3
scottw

pete stop stepping on rakes

By DAVID FRENCH
July 26, 2019 8:19 PM

This evening the Supreme Court of the United States granted the Trump administration’s request to stay a district court’s permanent injunction against the diversion of $2.5 billion in military spending to begin construction on portions of Trump’s border wall. In plain English, this means the wall construction can begin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...order-n1035286

July 26, 2019
The Supreme Court late Friday cleared the way for the Trump administration to use Defense Department counter-drug money to build a portion of the planned wall along the border with Mexico.

By a 5-4 vote, the court lifted a stay imposed in late May by a federal judge in California that blocked the use of $2.5 billion in Pentagon counter-drug program money to build more than 100 miles of border wall

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme...ll-11564181606

July 26, 2019

Trump Scores Two Victories on Border
Supreme court rules Trump can use Pentagon funds for border wall; Guatemala agrees to require migrants traveling through it to the U.S. to seek asylum there

The president has been fighting for funding for the wall for months. Congress declined to approve the billions requested by the president earlier this year

Last edited by scottw; 07-27-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Old 07-27-2019, 07:29 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Very narrow ruling basically saying the wrong people brought the law suit. I doubt that battle is over, but Trump lying of course never stops, claiming again he has and is building great lengths of wall.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

He’s the greatest at everything he says, who is incapable of negotiating anything.
Just look at his record and ignore his lies.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Miles of new border fencing added by Barack Obama in first year: 130.

Miles of new border fencing added by Donald Trump to date: 0.
Was it racist when Obama did it? Asking for a friend

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
He’s the greatest at everything he says, who is incapable of negotiating anything.
Just look at his record and ignore his lies.
I suppose looking at his record influences me to support him but you think the opposite is because you and I exist in a different universe of ideas, logic, truth, objectivity, and stuff like that.

And, I suppose, that is why you should give up banging your head against an impenetrable wall by trying to persuade Trumplicans to your point of view. The way you see things, in your alternate universe, to us, is just too damn stupid
Old 07-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I suppose looking at his record influences me to support him but you think the opposite is because you and I exist in a different universe of ideas, logic, truth, objectivity, and stuff like that.

And, I suppose, that is why you should give up banging your head against an impenetrable wall by trying to persuade Trumplicans to your point of view. The way you see things, in your alternate universe, to us, is just too damn stupid
The Stable Genius Trump is now openly threatening to investigate Obama, probably because Hannity said something: "We want to find out what happened with the last Democrat president. Let's look into Obama the way they've looked at me ... they could look into the book deal that President Obama made. Let's subpoena all of his records."
That is something I’ll never get used to, nor accept as normal, a president openly threatening to use law enforcement powers for political retribution.
By themselves, threats like these should be impeachable offenses.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #9
Jim in CT

accusations from hypocritical snowflake jerks with TDS that obama’s fence was a medieval, disgusting symbol of xenophobic oppression : 0.

accusations from same snowflake jerks aimed at Trump: elevendy bajillion.

please explain...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-27-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Old 07-27-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Was it racist when Obama did it? Asking for a friend
he’s not going to like that at all.

i would just love for one if the TDS sufferers to explain why it’s ok for a black liberal with a nobel peace prize to build a wall ( or
keep kids in cages), but when trump does it, it’s racist and genocidal. go ahead, explain that in a way that leaves your side with a speck of credibility.

i think they have brain damage from stepping on one too many rakes. the ironic thing is that they couldn’t be doing more to get him re elected.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

i would just love for one if the TDS sufferers to explain why it’s ok for a black liberal with a nobel peace prize to build a wall ( or
keep kids in cages), but when trump does it, it’s racist and genocidal. go ahead, explain that in a way that leaves your side with a speck of credibility.

i think they have brain damage from stepping on one too many rakes. the ironic thing is that they couldn’t be doing more to get him re elected.
If this is a question that needs answering then you are truly lost. Then again, you don't find Trump's go back comments to be racist. Perhaps you're right at home Jim.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
The Stable Genius Trump is now openly threatening to investigate Obama, probably because Hannity said something: "We want to find out what happened with the last Democrat president. Let's look into Obama the way they've looked at me ... they could look into the book deal that President Obama made. Let's subpoena all of his records."
That is something I’ll never get used to, nor accept as normal, a president openly threatening to use law enforcement powers for political retribution.
By themselves, threats like these should be impeachable offenses.
More of your stupid stuff.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If this is a question that needs answering then you are truly lost. Then again, you don't find Trump's go back comments to be racist. Perhaps you're right at home Jim.
heavy in insults, very light in terms of responding to what TDF and i asked. as usual, snowflake...
Old 07-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

when was the last time President Trump rage tweeted about the failure of white politicians to solve the problems of crime and rodents in certain parts of Appalachia, thus suggesting that their other work was invalid because of their failure to fix generation-spanning ills

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
More of your stupid stuff.
Make this into exoneration with your weasel words and lies.

Here’s what Mueller said:

➡️ Russia interfered in our election to help Trump.

➡️ Russians made numerous contacts with the campaign.

➡️ Campaign welcomed their help.

➡️ No one reported these contacts or interference to FBI.

➡️ They lied to cover it up.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Make this into exoneration with your weasel words and lies.

Here’s what Mueller said:

➡️ Russia interfered in our election to help Trump.

➡️ Russians made numerous contacts with the campaign.

➡️ Campaign welcomed their help.

➡️ No one reported these contacts or interference to FBI.

➡️ They lied to cover it up.
There was no exoneration. Despite all of your lists, the Mueller report did not find sufficient evidence that Trump conspired with Russia. And it made no criminal accusations that Trump obstructed justice, and made no recommendations one way or the other about it.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
There was no exoneration. Despite all of your lists, the Mueller report did not find sufficient evidence that Trump conspired with Russia. And it made no criminal accusations that Trump obstructed justice, and made no recommendations one way or the other about it.
Because they could not make a criminal accusation and left it for Congress to decide. The Impeachment clause that was in the prior act that enabled special prosecutors was not put into the special prosecutor regulations that were written when it expired.

“We, at the outset, determined that, when it came to the president’s culpability, we needed to go forward only after taking into account the OLC opinion that indicated that a sitting president cannot be indicted,”

“The conclusion that Congress may apply obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”

Congressional action is the most direct means of addressing any potential criminal activity by President Donald Trump.

“Even if, to use Trump’s own example, he shot someone on Fifth Avenue, the only remedy would be for the president to be impeached by the House, convicted and removed from office by the Senate, and only then prosecuted in criminal court,” Georgetown University Law Professor Paul Butler has said. “If there is no impeachment, that’s a political crisis, not a constitutional one.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

On this date July 27 in 1974, the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee voted to recommend the first article of impeachment of U.S. President Richard Nixon for obstruction of justice.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #19
Jim in CT

i see that not one of them explained why it was ok for obama to build
the wall, but xenophobic and barbaric when trump tries to do it. not a syllable of explanation.

when you have to hide under your bed and duck your thumb in response to such an obvious and simple question, it’s time to ask yourself why you believe what you believe.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Funny how that works
Old 07-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Because they could not make a criminal accusation
Yes they could. They could have said that the evidence was sufficient to presume obstruction of justice.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #22
Sea Dangles

Looks like the liberal fools are uppity again.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Yes they could. They could have said that the evidence was sufficient to presume obstruction of justice.
Not if the man running the investigation interpreted it differently. Sort of like Barr interpretation of the report, when since he came out to spin it to protect his boss, hundreds and hundreds of federal prosecutors have signed a letter stating anyone other than the sitting president would have been charged.

So if 1000 see it one way and 1 AG sees it another, sorry you can argue your case until your fingers bleed, guilty just not charged YET.

Looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duct, guess what.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

guilty just not charged YET.

I guess we'll have to wait 5 more years or so and see what happens