Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #61
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Banks will likely be just as forgiving as they are legally required to be.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I say BS! BankAmerica screwed everyone they could, including us. Sold one of our two "connected "loans we were advised to do in a re-fi, which prohibited us from doing another re-fi for over ten years! Hardly any pay down on principle over that time. Eff BankAmerica as hard as I can. AND then they want to charge you to cash a check drawn on their accounts if you don't have an account.... (many RI based banks do this in Mass. Eff them too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Some people simply get a tip from respected sources whom they trust.
Really, Chris??? A Senator?
Quote:
This seems like a smart move by this man. I would guess that most here would have done the same. This is how money is managed.
The best thing that could come out of all this is to equal out the gross inequity of the wealth distribution in this country.... Going to be a hell of a new tax code coming to pay for all this. I hope the heavy load hits the upper class and one percenters HARD! There is not one of the wealthy that didn't get there without #^&#^&#^&#^&ing someone and ruining the life and dreams of others. Get ready for a 70% tax rate and hyper inflation.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
There is not one of the wealthy that didn't get there without #^&#^&#^&#^&ing someone and ruining the life and dreams of others..
demonstrably false. come on.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:30 AM   #63
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Ross that’s to real and to reasonable for this group, I agree with your post and those senators profiting on non public information is basically inside trading. They really need to make stock trading for senators and congressman illegal, as they are constantly getting non public intel that can and does impact the market.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:34 AM   #64
wdmso

United Airlines Threatens To Cut Jobs If Coronavirus Aid Package Isn't Passed

Like I said a 1000 or 1200 check wont do #^&#^&#^&#^&. Suspend all mortgage car credit card payments and interest and fees for 90days. Anything else is window dressing
Old 03-21-2020, 07:36 AM   #65
Jim in CT

the female senator from GA swears up and down that she turned over control of her account to financial advisors who make trades without telling her until after. Sounds good.

But if it’s true, she had the best stock pickers in the world. Her advisors dumped almost everything she owned - airlines, energy, retail. The only stick they bought was Citrix, a company which makes software so people
can work from home. That’s a hell of a stock picker, boy.

Burr and Feinstein need to go. Bye bye.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #66
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the female senator from GA swears up and down that she turned over control of her account to financial advisors who make trades without telling her until after. Sounds good.

But if it’s true, she had the best stock pickers in the world. Her advisors dumped almost everything she owned - airlines, energy, retail. The only stick they bought was Citrix, a company which makes software so people
can work from home. That’s a hell of a stock picker, boy.

Burr and Feinstein need to go. Bye bye.
Who is that senators husband again....... ?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-21-2020, 07:39 AM   #67
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
demonstrably false. come on.
Jim, I started with Merrill Lynch in 1980 and was in the business through 1999. I can categorically state that those that got ahead got there at the expense of others. As did the clients they served and skimmed off of. I was there. Saw it. Old boy network became musical chairs. Survival at all costs. Saw it. Lived it. I was a victim. I was expensed so that another could get himself ahead. Got my legs cut out at my weakest point during a divorce and could not recover. I am not that guy that could live that life and sleep at night anyway

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
probably a biden relative
Old 03-21-2020, 07:49 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
did i read he’s the president of the NYSE?

her story is a good story on paper, and probably what elected officials
should be doing. But the trades seem too perfect.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, I started with Merrill Lynch in 1980 and was in the business through 1999. I can categorically state that those that got ahead got there at the expense of others. As did the clients they served and skimmed off of. I was there. Saw it. Old boy network became musical chairs. Survival at all costs. Saw it. Lived it. I was a victim. I was expensed so that another could get himself ahead. Got my legs cut out at my weakest point during a divorce and could not recover. I am not that guy that could live that life and sleep at night anyway
i didn’t say that zero rich people
got rich by hurting others. of course there are scumbags out there, i never said otherwise.

You said every rich person got there by hurting others. that’s laughably false. Plenty of wealthy people are decent people. Not all. But more than zero, a lot
more.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:
did i read he’s the president of the NYSE?

her story is a good story on paper, and probably what elected officials
should be doing. But the trades seem too perfect.
it's been a problem for a long time...members of congress should not get away with it...they and their family members and connections are all profiteering on their "public service"...oh, except bernie
Old 03-21-2020, 07:58 AM   #72
Sea Dangles

Quote:
i didn’t say that zero rich people
got rich by hurting others. of course there are scumbags out there, i never said otherwise.

You said every rich person got there by hurting others. that’s laughably false. Plenty of wealthy people are decent people. Not all. But more than zero, a lot
more.
He knows that statement was born from scorn. A lot of passion but a lot of inaccuracies.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's been a problem for a long time...members of congress should not get away with it...they and their family members and connections are all profiteering on their "public service"...oh, except bernie
thats true. but these jerks dumped their stocks, and at the same
time, are giving speeches about how strong the economy is. They’re acting like the executives at Enron. it’s really, really dirty.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #74
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

12 pack of Charmin $19.99 at CVS this morning. One per customer. More corporate profiteering off the public at the worst of times.

Ben Dover..... calling Ben Dover.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:03 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
i am sorry that happened and i sure couldn’t do it either.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #76
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I say BS! BankAmerica screwed everyone they could, including us. Sold one of our two "connected "loans we were advised to do in a re-fi, which prohibited us from doing another re-fi for over ten years! Hardly any pay down on principle over that time. Eff BankAmerica as hard as I can. AND then they want to charge you to cash a check drawn on their accounts if you don't have an account.... (many RI based banks do this in Mass. Eff them too)

Really, Chris??? A Senator?

The best thing that could come out of all this is to equal out the gross inequity of the wealth distribution in this country.... Going to be a hell of a new tax code coming to pay for all this. I hope the heavy load hits the upper class and one percenters HARD! There is not one of the wealthy that didn't get there without #^&#^&#^&#^&ing someone and ruining the life and dreams of others. Get ready for a 70% tax rate and hyper inflation.
Ross, you didn’t have to be Kreskin to see this scourge was coming. Being proactive with the market is the first response for some.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #77
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
He knows that statement was born from scorn. A lot of passion but a lot of inaccuracies.
Chris, you know from where I am coming. Of course not zero. There is no absolute to be defended here. But there is about to be another round of musical chairs with layoffs coming in the financial sector. Many are about to have their outlook and self worth changed dramatically. They will be joining the eye doctors signing up for unemployment benefits, an exercise they could not have ever thought they would be doing themselves. Then we will see how they feel about the CEOs of their industry "earning" their multi million salaries, raises and stock options. I suspect they will feel some of the passion too.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #78
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Ross, you didn’t have to be Kreskin to see this scourge was coming. Being proactive with the market is the first response for some.
Draining the swamp? How many in Congress will not survive this I wonder....

Old 03-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:
hopefully lots from both sides of the aisle...I like turnover in Washington....speaking of which...I heard biden is going to try playing president and give daily press briefing on what he would be doing if he was president...this should be wildly entertaining...
Old 03-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Banks will likely be just as forgiving as they are legally required to be.
Bank Of America going beyond...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...navirus-crisis
Old 03-22-2020, 07:59 PM   #81
Nebe

Quote:
Bring back the guillotine. Seriously.