Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Watched the whole thing as for nonsense thats all coming from you .. whats there to discuss? You posted that to renforce your narrative of see heres a responsible black person . End of topic seen the same tactics all over facebook to include his past crimes used to minimize his killing or whats 1 less thug off the street

You missed Tatum's point. And it's not about a black person saying it, though that does take away the notion that it's a racist white person's point.

And if having a "needle in a haystack" black person saying it makes it somehow commonplace and not worth considering because it is one black person, then why is it so important to get all bent when one black person gets killed by a cop. It's not like cops are unjustly killing scads of black men. That's actually relatively rare. But cities must burn because of it. But if a "needle in a haystack" comments on it, it ain't about nothin'

I read this some place

If the aftermath of floyds death upsets you more than his death and how he died. thats the bigger problem
I don't know why I have to be upset more by one over the other, but in terms of actual damage and loss of life, the aftermath is larger--don't know if it's bigger.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-06-2020 at 05:15 PM..
Old 06-07-2020, 06:25 AM   #32
scottw

I hope these big cities defund or disband their police departments as they are threatening to...that should be fun...I bet their tax base sticks around to find out what happens next

92 shot, 27 fatally, in Chicago's most violent weekend of 2020
Sun-Times Media Wire
Monday, June 1, 2020 10:31AM

CHICAGO -- 27 people were killed and at least 65 others were wounded by gun violence in Chicago's most violent weekend of the year so far
The latest fatal shooting happened Sunday night in West Garfield Park on the West Side.

Officers responding to a ShotSpotter alert for gunfire found the 18-year-old shot in the right side of her head at 10:51 p.m. in the 4200 block of West Van Buren Street, according to Chicago police. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #33
detbuch

Another needle in a haystack:

Old 06-07-2020, 02:01 PM   #34
detbuch

Old 06-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #35
detbuch

Old 06-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #36
detbuch

Old 06-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Now your needles have change tune to what no one has ever disputed there is a difference between a protester and a looter and rioter

but please keep up the suggestion supporting the protester equals not supporting the police or the acting as if Defunding the police is really going to happen , its like suggesting Trump one day will act like an adult it aint going to happen
Old 06-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #38
detbuch

Old 06-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #39
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I hope these big cities defund or disband their police departments as they are threatening to...that should be fun...I bet their tax base sticks around to find out what happens next.
Nobody is suggesting the police should be disbanded.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #40
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are tens of thousands of Antifa marching on DC right now.
No, but hundreds, at night, probably a similar amount more or less from hard right looking to stir crap up.

Quote:
If the aftermath of floyds death upsets you more than his death and how he died. thats the bigger problem
In the aftermath of Floyd's death, protesters are demanding that the cities defund the police, in some places cities are discussing JUST THAT.

For decades some agencies have been doing some reform (not enough in some places, probably adequate in others) . How do we balance people actually doing bad things (plenty of bad white people and black people doing illegal things)?.

But now, rather than having a look at how he died and how to address it, cities are going to eliminate parts of the police force. What is going to happen to those inner cities now with Cops reduced in number.

Wayne, what happens when they come for your job and demand the Union not protect members or even worse, remove security officers from positions altogether. What happens to the officers left?

Quote:
Now your needles have change tune to what no one has ever disputed there is a difference between a protester and a looter and rioter
Bullcrap. We are constantly hearing that it is totes legit to riot.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:

The "needles" didn't change their tune. They consistently questioned or decried the rioting and looting. Most rhetorically asked what the violence was accomplishing. And they all recognized that not only were the protests merely "peaceful," but they included significant and very destructive, violent, behavior. And each one of what you refer to as a needle in a haystack, was actually not that rare. There are many who feel the way they do. And they are not difficult to find. Not to mention the obious others, some of whom you mentioned as needles in a haystack--Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and lots more, some of whom have or have had videos that called out not only the violence that usually accompany these "peaceful" protests, But who even question the purpose and usefulness of orgs. like BLM.

The last video I posted, the interview with Bob Woodson, lays it all out very well, wisely, rationally, with history, evidence and statistics, and points out some of the stupid, corrupt, non-productive things and lies that keep a large segment of black society trapped into the stagnant bottom of society which prevents them from improving, but instead remaining the victims of other blacks and ignorant, well meaning whites.

If you're serious about solutions, watch the Woodson interview from the beginning to the very end. Or remain ignorant and think they are only needles in a haystack.

but please keep up the suggestion supporting the protester equals not supporting the police or the acting as if Defunding the police is really going to happen , its like suggesting Trump one day will act like an adult it aint going to happen
I have no idea of WTF you're talking about. I didn't say that supporting the protester equals not supporting the police. I didn't mention defunding the police.

Nor did I say that Trump doesn't act like an adult. A child or adolescent could not accomplish the things that Trump has. I'm just guessing, but I don't think you could either.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #42
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Bullcrap. We are constantly hearing that it is totes legit to riot.
Who said that?

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:

ACLU of Minnesota
@ACLUMN
BREAKING: Minneapolis City Council members have announced their intent to disband the Minneapolis Police Department and invest in community-led public safety.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:

CNBC
KEY POINTS

A majority of the members of the Minneapolis City Council said Sunday they support disbanding the city's police department.
That aggressive stance that comes just as the state has launched a civil rights investigation after George Floyd's death.

A majority of the members of the Minneapolis City Council said Sunday they support disbanding the city's police department.

Nine of the council's 12 members appeared with activists at a rally in a city park Sunday afternoon and vowed to end policing as the city currently knows it. Council member Jeremiah Ellison promised that the council would "dismantle" the department.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That should work out well
Old 06-08-2020, 06:33 AM   #46
scottw

Quote:

but please keep acting as if Defunding the police is really going to happen ,it aint going to happen

NEWSWEEK
U.S.

LA Mayor Faces Backlash For Defunding Police With $150 Million Budget Cut

BY DANIEL VILLARREAL ON 6/5/20 AT 9:55 PM EDT
Old 06-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #47
spence

They’re just proposing restructuring, not eliminating all law enforcement.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Defunding doesn’t mean ending police, it means limiting law enforcement functions. Most cops agree they shouldn’t be 1st responders for mental health crisis or school discipline, roles they’ve been brought into. This is an opportunity to transform.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, but hundreds, at night, probably a similar amount more or less from hard right looking to stir crap up.
And yet there were no problems and no arrests. Perhaps the terrorists were just having a nice late night game of bocci.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:19 AM   #50
scottw

Quote:

sounds like a simple restructure to me...

Sun 7 Jun 2020

The Minneapolis city council has pledged to disband the city’s police department and replace it with a new system of public safety, a historic move that comes as calls to defund law enforcement are sweeping the US.

Speaking at a community rally on Sunday, a veto-proof majority of council members declared their intent to “dismantle” and “abolish” the embattled police agency
Old 06-09-2020, 05:55 AM   #51
scottw

Quote:
this is from the Allie's Doughnuts thread....which has been interesting to watch

Cleo Yeets- I support change, such as defunding and abolishing the police they're useless murderers that hide behind a badge, it is the epitome of cowardice

James Chofay- and who will stop crime?

Cleo Yeets- volunteer community defense
Cops uphold an institution, they work for the upper class, not the people

James Chofay- so what about military? Abolish them too?

Cleo Yeets- absolutely, they're an overglorified oil company that gets paid to kill brown kids

so apparently the "woke" plan is to eliminate the police and military and replace them with a "volunteer military defense"....or "militia" I suppose....
Old 06-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
this is from the Allie's Doughnuts thread....which has been interesting to watch
Pretty strong argument when you're key exhibit is some is a random person at a donut shop.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Pretty strong argument when you're key exhibit is some is a random person at a donut shop.
it's a view....as relevant as your or mine
Old 06-09-2020, 01:24 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:

Posted from my iP
hone/Mobile device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	protest-abolish-the-police-los-angeles.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	67166  
Old 06-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #55
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You're taking the words "Abolish" and "Disband" out of context.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #56
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No, they're just saying abolish the bad practices. It's a cardboard sign, not a policy proposal.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #57
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
he's trying his best to make no sense
Old 06-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #58
wdmso

Defund and the green new deal get the same overblown responses . Not surprising.. fear of change runs deep in that party
Old 06-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Defund and the green new deal get the same overblown responses . Not surprising.. fear of change runs deep in that party
What's so overblown about disagreeing? You disagree a lot.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
NEWSWEEK
U.S.

LA Mayor Faces Backlash For Defunding Police With $150 Million Budget Cut

BY DANIEL VILLARREAL ON 6/5/20 AT 9:55 PM EDT
omg a budget cut now equals defunding ... the militarization of the police is the biggest issue and if you think they haven't been you haven't been paying attention..

Look at the crowds in the Streets across the country people are Tired of police who can shoot an un armed person and get away with it keep their jobs get promoted by just uttering I was in fear for my life I thought they had a weapon ..

Ive said this before we had more restraint in Iraq and rules of engagement where if my men or wanted to kill an Iraqi.. i thought he had a wepon wasnt going to fly...

Police officers job is inherently dangerous they have about the same chance being killed in their patrol car as the do being shot

30 years working in a prison seen use of force change with every new head of corrections and Governor, have been dealing with video for 15 years ..

The police had a chance to be involved with body cameras some embraced them others did not same with a tazer some use them as an additional tool others a short cut justifed in a report. But now people are watching. Demanding those who enforce the law shouldn't be above it or given special status to dispense it as the wish ... and if you feel equally upset over the death of floyd at the hands of law enforcement and the riots .. thats the problem because the 2 are not the same in .just
my opinion