Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And the experts messaging:

The Lancet, one of the world’s oldest & most esteemed medical journals, calls for removing Donald Trump from office, slams Trump’s “inconsistent & incoherent national response” to the coronavirus pandemic.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Didn't this esteemed medical journal recently retract their study of hydroxychloroquine? Guess they can't get 'em all right.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:50 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

“There was a panic before this started, but now we’re sort of the stupid party. Candidates are being forced to defend themselves every day on whether they agree with this or that, in terms of what the president did on the virus.”
Old 10-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #63
detbuch

Quote:
“There was a panic before this started, but now we’re sort of the stupid party. Candidates are being forced to defend themselves every day on whether they agree with this or that, in terms of what the president did on the virus.”
Oh, heavens to Betsy . . . we just can't understand that man! More's the pity because, as everyone knows, we depend on every word he says.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
And now with Chris Christie (debate prep) revealing positive test, and the fact that Trump conveniently arrived at the debate too late to be tested, is there any reason to not believe that he knew he had coronavirus going INTO the debate?
Well, yeah . . . he didn't get diagnosed positive till Thursday evening.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep believing
Old 10-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #66
detbuch

Quote:
Keep believing
OK
Old 10-04-2020, 05:04 AM   #67
scottw

pete is probably feeling pretty good, all the pins he stuck in that voodoo doll are finally paying off
Old 10-04-2020, 05:37 AM   #68
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete is probably feeling pretty good, all the pins he stuck in that voodoo doll are finally paying off
Shouldn’t you be fishing....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #69
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Shouldn’t you be fishing....
all day yesterday...working today
Old 10-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

If not for a reporter leak we wouldn’t know Hicks had COVID. If not for a WH physician’s slip up we would not know that the POTUS was infected days before it was announced. What if Pence, who is around a lot of the same crowd as Trump, tests positive? Doubt that will be revealed.
The stunning conclusion from the briefing yesterday is that Tweety knew he had COVID-19 at least 3 days ago (Tuesday), did not disclose it, went to events and risked infecting others.
They thought they could hide this until the media outed Hope Hicks and the POTUS developed symptoms.
Now the White House is infected with lies, corruption, coverups AND Covid.
The number of the infections and potential infections at the White House constitutes a national security crisis of the first order.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I hope Tweety has a swift and complete recovery from COVID.
I hope the United States has a swift and complete recovery from him.

To help Donald Trump get the full COVID-19 experience, let’s make sure he loses his job and is evicted from his home next month.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
If not for a reporter leak we wouldn’t know Hicks had COVID. If not for a WH physician’s slip up we would not know that the POTUS was infected days before it was announced. What if Pence, who is around a lot of the same crowd as Trump, tests positive? Doubt that will be revealed.
The stunning conclusion from the briefing yesterday is that Tweety knew he had COVID-19 at least 3 days ago (Tuesday), did not disclose it, went to events and risked infecting others.
They thought they could hide this until the media outed Hope Hicks and the POTUS developed symptoms.
Now the White House is infected with lies, corruption, coverups AND Covid.
The number of the infections and potential infections at the White House constitutes a national security crisis of the first order.
So far, the only official announcement is that he first tested positive Thursday evening (after he had gone to events). Every thing else is conjecture . . . some want to conjecture it in the worst possible way.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
let’s make sure he loses his job and is evicted from his home next month.
And then we can get back to the steady rise of globalism, China back on track to becoming the dominant economic, political, and military power, a decline in American entrepreneurship and industrial capability, a raise in taxes, the weakening or loss of First and Second Amendment rights, the further erosion of the Constitution . . . and maybe a couple of new left wing states, the elimination of the electoral college, and the addition of several more SC Judges.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
And then we can get back to the steady rise of globalism, China back on track to becoming the dominant economic, political, and military power, a decline in American entrepreneurship and industrial capability, a raise in taxes, the weakening or loss of First and Second Amendment rights, the further erosion of the Constitution . . . and maybe a couple of new left wing states, the elimination of the electoral college, and the addition of several more SC Judges.
Elections have consequences. Because only in your imagination Trump is Americas only hope..

The same guy who went for a a ride around the block to wave to his faithful
Old 10-04-2020, 10:31 PM   #75
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Elections have consequences. Because only in your imagination Trump is Americas only hope..

When have I said he is America's only hope? You keep making up ridiculous stuff. Hope for what, anyway? What do you hope for?

I really don't have much hope, nor place much importance on hope. I think we must have a common set of principles on which we govern and are governed in order to have a cohesive well functioning society. I think the Constitution as written is that common core.

But I think that breaking away from that core is no longer fringe or extreme. A sizable number of Americans think it, as well as our capitalistic economy, are regressive, unjust, and inequitable.

And even the Constitution itself has been, and is being, tortured and "interpreted" on a fairly regular basis to mean things other than what is written, even things opposite to what is written. So it is no longer a stabilizing foundation, but more so used as a pretense-by-interpretation to suit the changing whims of new administrations.

So we are adrift, and increasingly in conflict. Even violent conflict. We are internally at war with one another. I don't pretend to have an unbiased view from some mythical "center" between the conflicting sides. We are too far apart to pretend there is some "center."

You may think that is "only in my imagination." I don't think so.

Nor do I think Trump is America's only hope--whatever that is supposed to mean. He is on one side of the divide. The same side I'm on. He holds the position on my side that I don't want us to relinquish. Not because he is wise or honorable or pure or a paragon of leadership, but because if he loses, and we lose Congress, my side loses the influence to help us creep back toward a constitutional order.

And the incoming side with its bureaucratic order, its system of governing by powerful agencies, its authoritarian administrative state will decide what rights we have, what freedoms we're allowed, and will have a hand in regulating every aspect of our lives. And, though it has already done much of that, and captured our educational system, the major portion of our media from news to entertainment, has radically transformed our culture, even our sexuality and genders, and is busy erasing our history and replacing it with what it considers politically, culturally, even physically, correct norms and identities, even though it already has that much power, it may well try to permanently solidify it by adding two more leftist states to hold the senate for the foreseeable future, as well as putting a major nail in the coffin of the Constitution by getting rid of the electoral college, further restricting the First and Second Amendments, and any other part of the Constitution it can dispense with by adding enough SCOTUS Judges to make it all happen.

And if that is not enough, it will lead us further into global corporatism, and eventually into global governance. It has already conditioned a good portion of our youth into accepting that we are too greedy, too oppressive, racist, unjust, too proud, domineering, rapacious, and an all-around bad apple within the world community. That we must give up a lot of that stolen wealth and high standard of living so that the rest of the world can have its share. Our "middle class" must not be allowed to revive. We must accept an equitable, classless, world normalcy within smaller boundaries of personal space and freedom and share that with those whom we have oppressed and from whom we have stolen.

Trump is not "the hope . . . the only hope." It's not about Trump. He does not have that much time left on this earth. The Constitution, our unalienable rights, our sovereign republic, may not either. And I realize that sounds quaint. And that all that good stuff above, that Progressives value, sounds about right to those on the your side of the divide--if I'm not being presumptuous in saying that's your side.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Old 10-05-2020, 07:01 AM   #77
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

In a sealed vehicle to protect the president from a chemical attack, which by design puts the driver at high risk. But it’s more important to get out for optics and campaign points, just like the super spreader events he had, they just continue to operate like there isn’t a deadly virus still ravaging this country.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #78
wdmso

Several times during press conferences on Saturday and Sunday, the White House medical team was asked - and refused to disclose - when the president last tested negative for the virus.

TRUMP has no rights to keep this information a secret, he works for the people of the United States all this is part of the presidential record, and the time line is important,,,
Because of this.. oh he tested positive THURSDAY maybe ? in the hospital Friday back in the car Sunday ? Out Monday? 99% of Doctors are throwing up red flags all saying it dosen't add up... remember the last white house doctor Jackson was widely criticized for giving an uncharacteristically glowing and untruthful assessment of President Trump's health, saying that "if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old", and that he had "incredibly good genes, and it's just the way God made him".
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s always a tweet
Oct 24, 2014 08:09:26 AM
The Ebola doctor who just flew to N.Y. from West Africa and went on the subway, bowling and dining is a very SELFISH man-should have known! [Twitter for Android]
Old 10-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #80
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Very swampy this administration, boy if only we could elect someone to drain the swamp!
Old 10-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #81
wdmso

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Tests Positive For Coronavirus

This is what happens when the Culture you practice and promote to your followers.. you convince yourselves it isn't that bad. to appeal to your base , and Not America as 1 nation ! going against the vast amount of information about Masks social distancing packed rallies ect ect

if it would have happen, and they took a more serious tone from the start . Americans could have said at least they tried to do what was required like the rest of us have been doing
Old 10-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Hard to believe and two of her deputies in the WH press office tested positive also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Very swampy this administration, boy if only we could elect someone to drain the swamp!
The Biden, Pelosi, Schumer swamp is very old and very deep. I don't think they're the ones to drain it.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Tests Positive For Coronavirus

This is what happens when the Culture you practice and promote to your followers.. you convince yourselves it isn't that bad. to appeal to your base , and Not America as 1 nation ! going against the vast amount of information about Masks social distancing packed rallies ect ect

if it would have happen, and they took a more serious tone from the start . Americans could have said at least they tried to do what was required like the rest of us have been doing
If they don't die, perhaps it isn't that bad.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Thinking today for no reason about how DOJ has announced investigations into four Democratic governors for allegedly endangering people's lives through their handling of COVID.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Thinking today for no reason about how DOJ has announced investigations into four Democratic governors for allegedly endangering people's lives through their handling of COVID.
Deep thoughts.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile everyone at the White House lately drank the COVID-aid
Because Tweety’s COVID policy is “Don’t mask, don’t tell.”
Old 10-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #88
scottw

Quote:
Meanwhile everyone at the White House lately drank the COVID-aid
Because Tweety’s COVID policy is “Don’t mask, don’t tell.”
you are aware that a lot of people have gotten it ....right?
Old 10-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you are aware that a lot of people have gotten it ....right?
And Tweety’s now a super spreader, so don’t say I never gave him a superlative.

It’s now confirmed that when Trump went on Hannity on Thursday night and said “I just went for a test, and we’ll see what happens, I mean, who knows,” he already had the positive result and knew he had coronavirus.

If Donald Trump doesn’t care about protecting those closest to him, does anybody really think he cares about us?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin