Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Maybe Biden can make up for the divisiveness of the Obama Instead, the racial divide got worse.

So in your eyes Trump helped close the racial divide ... love to hear how
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and this was post election not pre election which Trump supporters seem to ignore with great effort
If you didn't want to hear criticism pre-election, maybe we shouldn't have changed the rules (pre-election) to mail-in voting, which obviously has less integrity than in person voting with id. There's no way to confirm a mail-in vote was actually filled out by the person whose name is on the ballot. That's not rocket science.

I haven't even hinted here, that fraud tilted the election to Biden. I don't have access to any evidence, I have no compelling reason to believe that happened, other than the fact that after America went to sleep at 1AM on election night, every single state that mattered shifted mightily to Biden. Every single one, not one exception. That's not evidence of fraud, but it's interesting.

Hilary has spent the last 4 years blaming everyone and everything but herself. Gore contested the election in 2000 and no one cared.

Sorry, what's good for the goose.

If you put a bunch on completely non-political problem solvers in a room and charged them with coming up with a fair and accurate way to vote, they'd say (1) in person voting (when possible), and (2) check ids. That's not a flawed, rigged, biased way to do it.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Let's see...

Lowest black unemployment ever
increased funding for black colleges
criminal justice reform
school choice'
economic opportunity zones in urban areas.

Every one of those things, disproportionately helps blacks.

That's waaay more that Obama and Biden did in 8 years for blacks. Way more.

Wayne, when Biden said "you ain't really black if you aren't for me", what did that do to bring us together? Do you have any opinion on that statement? Anything to say at all?
Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
The media wouldn't talk for one second about the things he did to lift blacks. So they kept saying he was a racist, kept saying he refused to denounce white supremacists at Charlottesville, when the transcript of his remarks shows he did.

Protect The Narrative! Won't someone please think of The Narrative!
Old 11-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #35
PaulS

Don't forget Trump lowered the unemployment rate for the KKK.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:39 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:

he squandered his early days to unite the country he came right out of the gate With Red Vs Blue.

you have a horrible memory....half of the country was insisting he was a traitor and needed to be impeached from day one.....half of the country and the media had no interest in being unified...they were on the attack

where do you get this crap?
Old 11-09-2020, 08:40 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
very snarky...
Old 11-09-2020, 08:42 AM   #38
scottw

the same people are telling you there is no evidence of voter fraud and irregularities
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNN-Headline-Fiery-2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	67467  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That's not stupid, no sir...
Old 11-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #40
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9aa.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	67468  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Biden was there 47 years. What did he do for blacks in that time, that helped them as much as what Trump did?

He told America that Clarence Thomas couldn't be trusted around women (that's not a racist stereotype), and he said poor children are just as smart as white children, he always supported Robert Byrd, he WROTE the crime bill which waged war on blacks and incarcerated them at ridiculous numbers, and said blacks aren't really black unless they agree with him.

Yeah that's some record...

Kamela Harris said a few months ago that Biden was a bigot. Was she lying then? Or is she lying now?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

87% of black voters went for Biden.
Ask your black friend why
Old 11-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
i thought it was more than that. doesn’t mean that democrats heal the racial divide.

but thanks for incorrectly answering a question that nobody asked. you are good for something.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If you didn't want to hear criticism pre-election, maybe we shouldn't have changed the rules (pre-election) to mail-in voting, which obviously has less integrity than in person voting with id. There's no way to confirm a mail-in vote was actually filled out by the person whose name is on the ballot. That's not rocket science.

I haven't even hinted here, that fraud tilted the election to Biden. I don't have access to any evidence, I have no compelling reason to believe that happened, other than the fact that after America went to sleep at 1AM on election night, every single state that mattered shifted mightily to Biden. Every single one, not one exception. That's not evidence of fraud, but it's interesting.

Hilary has spent the last 4 years blaming everyone and everything but herself. Gore contested the election in 2000 and no one cared.

Sorry, what's good for the goose.

If you put a bunch on completely non-political problem solvers in a room and charged them with coming up with a fair and accurate way to vote, they'd say (1) in person voting (when possible), and (2) check ids. That's not a flawed, rigged, biased way to do it.
Maybe we should do what you suggest plus add in electoral college reform and move Election Day to a weekend ?

and Who cares what Hillary did she never claimed mass fraud just saying she just cried on the sidelines mostly in private

And your gore references was state 1 recount that the Supreme Court stopped and their involvement tarnished the court after that.. it isn’t remotely relevant To Trumps attacks on our election system and his willingness to overturn millions of votes to save face
Old 11-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Maybe we should do what you suggest plus add in electoral college reform and move Election Day to a weekend ?

and Who cares what Hillary did she never claimed mass fraud just saying she just cried on the sidelines mostly in private

And your gore references was state 1 recount that the Supreme Court stopped and their involvement tarnished the court after that.. it isn’t remotely relevant To Trumps attacks on our election system and his willingness to overturn millions of votes to save face
we can change electoral
college if we want, there’s a mechanism to do that. or, the DNC could stop being the enemy of the middle of the country.

when obama calls them bitter clingers and racists, and biden says they want to put blacks in chains, and hilary says they’re deplorable and irredeemable, are you surprised they don’t flock to the democrats?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:30 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
Biden was there 47 years. What did he do for blacks in that time, that helped them as much as what Trump did?

He told America that Clarence Thomas couldn't be trusted around women (that's not a racist stereotype), and he said poor children are just as smart as white children, he always supported Robert Byrd, he WROTE the crime bill which waged war on blacks and incarcerated them at ridiculous numbers, and said blacks aren't really black unless they agree with him.

Yeah that's some record...

Kamela Harris said a few months ago that Biden was a bigot. Was she lying then? Or is she lying now?
What did Trump do to close the racial divide . That’s the question

Not but but biden
Old 11-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
did the things i listed, happen during trumps term? and do they help blacks?

any chance you can answer what i asked.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
What did Trump do to close the racial divide . That’s the question

Not but but biden
i answered that.

lowest black unemployment ever.
increased funding for black colleges
criminal justice reform
school choice
denounced racism at charlottesville
economic opportunity zones

did hose things happen during trumps term? and did they help blacks?

you’re saying that biden comments and actions aren’t relevant? the guy who just got elected president?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #49
scottw

Quote:
did the things i listed, happen during trumps term? and do they help blacks?

any chance you can answer what i asked.
˙he dismisses ANYTHING that does not conform to his narrative...it's VERY open-minded
Old 11-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
we can change electoral
college if we want, there’s a mechanism to do that. or, the DNC could stop being the enemy of the middle of the country.

when obama calls them bitter clingers and racists, and biden says they want to put blacks in chains, and hilary says they’re deplorable and irredeemable, are you surprised they don’t flock to the democrats?
Maybe the middle of the country need to stop crying like children buying into this nonsense their coming to take your guns and your religion. Or how about we take guns and abortion religion completely out of the conversation. Seeing 99% of us our attention is working and providing for our family’s and honestly don’t care how many guns you have who you pray to if your gay or trans or straight . I guess that would be to much to expect, but I can hope
Old 11-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

A 77 percent majority of black Americans say Trump deserves “only some” or “hardly any” credit for the 5.5 percent unemployment rate among black adults compared with 20 percent who say Trump deserves significant credit.
In follow-up interviews, many said former president Barack Obama deserves more credit for the improvement in the unemployment rate, which declined from a high of 16.8 percent in 2010 to 7.5 percent when he left office.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
There's no way to confirm a mail-in vote was actually filled out by the person whose name is on the ballot. That's not rocket science.
It's not rocket science, that's why states have security protocols that have an excellent track record of being effective.

Quote:
I have no compelling reason to believe that happened, other than the fact that after America went to sleep at 1AM on election night, every single state that mattered shifted mightily to Biden. Every single one, not one exception. That's not evidence of fraud, but it's interesting.
It's not even really that interesting. Everybody predicted Trump would jump ahead early but then Biden would gain ground as mail-in ballots were processed and that's exactly what happened.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's not rocket science, that's why states have security protocols that have an excellent track record of being effective.

It's not even really that interesting. Everybody predicted Trump would jump ahead early but then Biden would gain ground as mail-in ballots were processed and that's exactly what happened.
tell me how you confirm millions of mail in votes please? what are those protocols?
Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Maybe the middle of the country need to stop crying like children buying into this nonsense their coming to take your guns and your religion. Or how about we take guns and abortion religion completely out of the conversation. Seeing 99% of us our attention is working and providing for our family’s and honestly don’t care how many guns you have who you pray to if your gay or trans or straight . I guess that would be to much to expect, but I can hope
so the middle of the country shouldn’t be upset when obama mocks their religion, biden says they literally want to enslave blacks, and hilary called them deplorable? that have no legitimate reason to be turned off by democrats?

you can’t address that. all you can do, is ignore the disgusting statements by prominent democrats, and try to make it seem like only the conservatives have a character flaw here.

the denial is fascinating.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

"If he is elected, the stock market will crash," Trump said at the Oct. 22 debate.

As of 9:38 a.m., on Nov. 9, the first day of trading since Joe Biden became President-elect, the stock market is up +1,400.....

The Dow might well hit an all-time record on the basis of the vaccine news, which is good in its own right and also hilarious because Trump has long insisted on getting credit for stock market gains between his election and his inauguration since investors look forward.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #56
spence

Quote:
tell me how you confirm millions of mail in votes please? what are those protocols?
Take some time and read one of the 10 billion articles online
Old 11-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Bizarre to see Trump & Co. all shocked about losing the election, when these are the same people who broke a Supreme Court confirmation process and rushed a nominee through in record time because they thought they would...lose the election.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Take some time and read one of the 10 billion articles online
or you could type a sentence. you said it was simple.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:11 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

This is commonly known as "Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic" gambit.

After firing Esper by Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 12m
I am pleased to announce that Christopher C. Miller, the highly respected Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (unanimously confirmed by the Senate), will be Acting Secretary of Defense, effective immediately..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is commonly known as "Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic" gambit.

After firing Esper by Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 12m
I am pleased to announce that Christopher C. Miller, the highly respected Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (unanimously confirmed by the Senate), will be Acting Secretary of Defense, effective immediately..
so better to leave that particular position vacant.

you are a lunatic.