Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
maddog2020

Exclamation Blowout Fishing Tackle Sale- Dec 9th (12 noon - 4pm) for ACONE

I'm trying to raise $$ for Adoption Community of New England (adoptioncommunityofne.org) and I will be having a fishing tackle yard sale at ACONE's office. I got the OK from JohnR to post this and the ok from ACONE's president of the board of directors & the executive director to use the conference room. ALL proceeds from this will go to ACONE. I get to help raise some needed funds and to clear out my cellar of fishing things I have horded over the years!

Date: December 9th - Sunday: 12 noon - 4pm.

* 100 yds off Rt 9 at intersection of Lyman St (heading towards Lake Chauncy) - Burger King is on the corner & Mobil Gas Station is diagonal across the street. Office complex just past BK parking lot on right hand side - use side door to enter. Use Yahoo maps or map quest from your home to get "best" directions.

FISHING TACKLE: more Saltwater than Freshwater

reels: conventional, spinning both new & used. Lots of used larger sized Penn SS (used 650ss,750ss & 850ss - two new in box 9500ss ) & some used Z's (712 & 704) & used Slammers (460 & 5600L), extra spools, two new Daiwa BG90 and more! Some ultralight freshwater spinning outfits as well.

rods: factory & custom (more spinning than conventional) - surf & boat, some NEW rod blanks (Lami 136-3M yellow, Rainshadow 1502-2pc, Shakespeare Uglystick 9' and may be couple of Allstar).

Lots of factory & custom wood lures, some tackle bags (new & used),used tackle box for boat, wading boots (most are size 9), some great loaner/guest outfits (spinning) that are new, Used Alvey surf system (12' - 2pc rod w/ 700 C-5 reel) and a smaller used Alvey 7' freshwater system. Some nice pliers (like Accurate 7" & Profish), VS service wrenches,Temple Fork 8' - 4 wt -4pc pack rod outfit w/ reel & WF4 floating line, saltwater flies, PowerPro 80 lb - 500 yds, Fireline 30 lb - 300yds, Stren SuperBraid 40 & 50 lb - 300 yds and more. Too much to list.

Ultimately I don't want to bring anything back home with me -> get the idea. I'm pricing stuff to MOVE! Bring lots of $ with you. Great way to find some gifts for Christmas !!

If any one has time to help me carry some of it over there - I would greatly appreciate it. There are meetings all day Saturday in the conference room so I won't be able to set up until Sunday am. I may be able to take credit cards - have to write it all out by hand and office has to enter it into their system manually. Cash is easiest, but we could take personal checks.

No idea how many people will show up. Be there early for best selection! Please don't bring food inside - don't want to feed the mice or worry about spills on the carpet. No smoking indoors. I won't sell any of it before hand so please don't pm me. If you want to donate some items send them to the office directly - in care of me. (tax deductable)

Thanks for your support S-B and I hope that you can make it. Lots of great stuff that needs new home and money goes to wonderful cause that serves all those touched by adoption.

Ray Lee (ACONE Board of Director)
maddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #2
MAC

Hi Ray, Sorry for the delay on my donation. It always seems to be something coming up. The check is out front in the mail box now and should get there tomorrow.

I'll help you on the 9th if you want. I have a couple of fold up tables I can bring if needed. Probably even find some stuff to put on the tables.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

This sounds like a great cause and an excellent opportunity to pickup some Chrismas presents for myself and my kid brother (who just discovered fishing at the ripe old age of 50).

I'll be there is I'm not traveling on business.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
maddog2020

Thumbs up

Ey Dave - that would be great if you could help me move the fishing gear over to the ACONE office. All of it could get there in one load. The conference room has several folding tables in it already so we are all set for tables. Thanks for getting that donation out - we greatly appreciate it!

Each of us has something dear to our hearts. Sometimes you just don't understand WHY you feel what you feel inside of yourself. I have lots of hobbies and interests - my cellar shows that. None of my hobbies give me more satisfaction than helping out at the office and being involved with ACONE. All the things that make me happy are not material possesions. That warm and fuzzy feeling comes to me when my daughter hugs me several times a day. We are blessed to have her in our life.

Karma - I'm a big believer in that. Nothing I wouldn't do for a friend - I think that those people know that. We all have our ups and downs in our journey. There is lots of heart ache and love along the way. In life no one ever walks alone.

Ray 'md2020'
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
timf

Ray,

Great timing on posting this as I just celebrated my oldest daughters birthday this weekend. I adopted her 9 years ago and, like your feelings for your daughter, can't imagine her not being in my life.

I will give you a hand on Sunday and other than buying things I will bring a Salty fathead and some 9" sluggos for the table.

Tim
timf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
zimmy

ooooohh.... I may be in Boston and stopping by Grafton, so this would be a perfect detour.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
BigBo

Good cause. Ray goes above and beyond when it comes to helping people out. He also has some very nice tackle and I'm sure he'll give you a good deal.
Keep up the good work Bud. I'll try to make it.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Ray I should be able to help, I will pm you

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #9
maddog2020

Cool

Thanks for all the offer to help folks - I should be all set with Dave and another guy. If you other folks just want to come @ noon time that would be great. I look forward to putting some faces to the names on S-B.

timf - WOW, way cool. You will have to tell me more about your daughter later on. In fact bring her along. My daughter should be there. They have a library area where the kids could read or play if they get bored later on.

Thanks JohnR for making this sticky.

Ray 'md2020'
Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
hoooraaa for living in shrewsbury. ill be there

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Wink

sorry, can't make it
Football is on Sunday
good luck
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
maddog2020

Thanks for tix, Bruce.

Yeah - I figured some guys would hit the sale early and scoot home for da game.
Of course the guys who go to church and are watching the game will probably not make it.

I hope that people will look at the prices of things and just go "WOW" and buy it.

Ray 'md2020'
Old 12-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #13
MAC

If anyone is looking for some fishing gear this is definately worth your time. I've seen Ray's stash of gear. It's all in great shape.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote