Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
wdmso

all this have actually happened in varying degrees ... compliments of Bill Maher
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D1Uugr5U8AAicVk.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	66314  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
all this have actually happened in varying degrees ... compliments of Bill Maher
president for life? state run tv? if
1% of the population watches fox on a good night, how is that state run tv? 90% of the coverage on other networks is negative. that's state run tv?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But, but TRUMP, it has to be A big deal. There's gotta be something wrong with this, there just has to be.

This celebration is going to destroy our democracy and turn us into the fourth reich.

I heard there was going to be a float with midgets dressed as illegal immigrants that fly over a wall when shot out of a catapult.

It's gonna be Yuge
There are people screaming about tanks on the Washington Mall, Coup de tatrs and such, it was a couple Low Boys with Bradleys (The Tanks come later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
How about a serious answer.
Why should my tax dollars do to a country that has free healthcare for all ?

America first? Bullshinola
Our country spends poorly regardless of administration. Join me in bringing spending back to what the constitution allows for and a lot less for other things.

I will happily give you non-sarcical answers but that would assume you are willing to enter into a debate without sarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
1% of the population watches fox on a good night, how is that state run tv? 90% of the coverage on other networks is negative. that's state run tv?

We really are effed up. Not sure we can fix it this time, gawd I hope we can fix it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
There are people screaming about tanks on the Washington Mall, Coup de tatrs and such, it was a couple Low Boys with Bradleys (The Tanks come later).

Our country spends poorly regardless of administration. Join me in bringing spending back to what the constitution allows for and a lot less for other things.

I will happily give you non-sarcical answers but that would assume you are willing to enter into a debate without sarc

We really are effed up. Not sure we can fix it this time, gawd I hope we can fix it.
not getting fixed in 2020.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Here is a comparison between North Korean TV and Fox

Unfortunately it's on Twitter, not YouTube so it won't play automatically.

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/sta...910327814?s=21

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Here is a comparison between North Korean TV and Fox

Unfortunately it's on Twitter, not YouTube so it won't play automatically.

one percent of the country watches fox. far more people
watch the other networks in total, and the coverage there is overwhelmingly negative. and there are people
at fox who don’t like
him.

i’m not denying that fox is very sympathetic to trump. the rest of the networks hate him. so i can’t fathom how you’d say that in the aggregate, american networks are state run tv.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
one percent of the country watches fox. far more people
watch the other networks in total, and the coverage there is overwhelmingly negative. and there are people
at fox who don’t like
him.

i’m not denying that fox is very sympathetic to trump. the rest of the networks hate him. so i can’t fathom how you’d say that in the aggregate, american networks are state run tv.
When did i say you’d say that in the aggregate, american networks are state run tv.

Your 1% number is very misleading at best.

What counts is the percentage of total viewers in the US, not all americans are watching any TV and fewer yet are watching news.

Fox at 2.4m is very close to equal to MSNBC and CNN combined

Fox News averaged 2.4 million primetime viewers to rank as the most-watched network in all of basic cable from 8-11 p.m. ET. MSNBC came in second place with an average of 1.7 million, while TNT, ESPN, and HGTV rounded out the top five.The lowly CNN finished fifteenth, averaging only 761,000 primetime viewers and finishing behind channels such as Discovery and the Food Network.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When did i say you’d say that in the aggregate, american networks are state run tv.

Fox at 2.4m is very close to equal to MSNBC and CNN combined
you left out abc, nbc, cbs. conveniently.

fox is one piece of the pie, and is bet their coverage of trump
isn’t as biased in favor of him, to the degree that everyone else is biased against him. but i don’t watch much.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you left out abc, nbc, cbs. conveniently.

fox is one piece of the pie, and is bet their coverage of trump
isn’t as biased in favor of him, to the degree that everyone else is biased against him. but i don’t watch much.
I've never seen any host denigrate Trump at the same level that Hannity, Pirro, Dobbs, Carlson, Regan, etc. praise him.

Lets Go Darwin